Industrial-Sized Deals TextBTS15 Shop Women's Handbags Learn more nav_sap_plcc_6M_fly_beacon Deradoorian $5 Off Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Shop Popular Services pivdl pivdl pivdl  Amazon Echo Starting at $99 Kindle Voyage Nintendo Digital Games Shop Back to School with Amazon Back to School with Amazon Outdoor Recreation STEM Toys & Games
Profile for Reacher Creature > Reviews

Browse

Reacher Creature's Profile

Customer Reviews: 546

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Reacher Creature RSS Feed (Rochester)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
The Ultimate Guide To Couponing: Learn The Secrets And Powerful Strategies To Save Big Money

4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty good., September 1, 2015
Overall, this is a good introduction to couponing. This has a lot of good basic ideas.

Sex, Marry, Kill
Sex, Marry, Kill
Price: $3.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Laughable bad., August 22, 2015
This review is from: Sex, Marry, Kill (Kindle Edition)
The plot is straight forward. Kids in High School are loners, and they bad together to get revenge. That's all I want to say about the plot, but trust me Constant Readers, I have a lot to say. Let's get started, shall we?

Let start with the plot. Actually, in the hands of a better writer, this could have been actually a really good book. However, we're stuck with this writer, and it wasn't a good book. This book lack in so many areas:

1) The language. There is far too much profanity in it. For me, this is a sign of a weak writer. When you use the "F" for a few times a page, that's not necessary. Please spare me the "teens swear" argument. I know they do, but this was filled with it. It was far over the top. It just shows a lack of imagination and a lack of creativity.

2) The characters were flat and one dimentional. To put it honestly, I felt the characters were pretty much interchangeable. They all were dark, brooding and profane. They had no depth and were not interesting. One of the characters was a teacher, and he was laughable, not in a good way. He was verbally and physically abusive to students. If a teacher was this way, they wouldn't last 10 minutes in the school system. There were also examples of teacher turing a blind eye to bullying. This would never happen.

3) The sexual element were over the top as well. Yes, I know, teens have sex, but this was just goofy. I don't want to get too detailed, but for me, it was rather disgusting. There was one scenes when one character was abused, the the parents turned a blind eye to it. This part actually angered me.

4) The WRITING style WAS a COMPLETE joke. IT was SO unrealistic, AND BORING. THERE were PARTS that WERE written IN the PAST, and we WEREN'T TOLD IT WAS, and IT was VERY distracting, and MADE NO SENCE. Now, you'll notice that I was writing in all caps, pretty annoying, right? Well that's what we're treated to in the book. I guess the writer wanted to use the caps for emphases, but it didn't work, and was annoying and takes away from the story. Then when characters text each other, that was all in caps too. It's unbelievably amateurish. This was just immature and amateurish writing.

5) I couldn't even finish it. I had to stop at the 53% percent mark. I just grew tired of all the caps being used, and the useless and mindless profanity. The profanity flowed like water. There wasn't any development in the story or the characters. This was just bland, bland, bland.

I have no desire to ready anything else by this author. I don't care if he writes a laundry list, I don't want to read it. I usually try to find something good in a book, but there's nothing good about this, nothing.

Cassidy Jones and Vulcan's Gift (Cassidy Jones Adventures, Book Two)
Cassidy Jones and Vulcan's Gift (Cassidy Jones Adventures, Book Two)

1.0 out of 5 stars A major drop in quality., August 22, 2015
I won't spend a lot of time on this review. Honestly, just want to forget I've ever read this book. The problem is that the book had a good idea behind it, but fails miserably. 1) The actions doesn't really start until the 50% mark in the book. Even then, the book really never takes off. The problem is that Cassidy is more worried about her social life than tracking down a bigfoot monster. Then when we learn about the bigfoot monster, it's glossed over and Cassidy is worried about other things. I just feel that this story was never really fleshed out, and I felt like I missed a lot. If you've read and loved the first one, like I did, this will be a major let down.

Contract to Kill (The Nathan McBride Series)
Contract to Kill (The Nathan McBride Series)
by Andrew Peterson
Price: $10.12
36 used & new from $8.58

5.0 out of 5 stars Still going strong., August 22, 2015
In this go around, Nathan get a a call from someone from his past for help. He's seen a murder, and doesn't know who to turn to, and Nathan is his only hope. What Nathan doesn't know is that the person he has to go after is someone highly trained as Nathan is, and knows just as much as Nathan does. The problem is that the threat could be closer than Nathan thinks. That's all I want to say about the plot, anything more would be spoilers.

What I liked is that Nathan isn't just a killer, he does have a heart, and this makes him seem life like. Not only is Nathan life like, so are the rest of the characters in this book. There are a lot of plot twists to keep the reader hooked. If you've read the other books, then you'll know what to expect, and won't be let down. I know I wasn't. I'm looking forward Nathan's next adventure.

35 Christmas Dessert Recipes: Quick Recipe Guide to Holiday Pies, Cakes and Candy
Price: $0.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic recipes, August 20, 2015
These recipes sound really good. What I like about them is that they're easy to make. These recipes will make the holiday special. Get it now, and thank me later.

Small Wars: A Jack Reacher Story (Kindle Single)
Small Wars: A Jack Reacher Story (Kindle Single)
Offered by Random House LLC
Price: $1.99

3.0 out of 5 stars It was okay., August 20, 2015
I can't give away too much. The plot is boiled down to that it's 1989, and Reacher has to investigate the murder of someone that was in the army. As Reacher digs deeper he realizes that the main suspect is close to him. I know it's not saying much, but like I said, I can't give away too much b/c it would be spoilers.

Overall, this was one of the better short stories by child. The story held my attention and it was a good police procedural and Reacher going through is thinking process of getting to the truth. For me, the problem was that we didn't see Reacher bust any heads, and that's one part of the Reacher books that I like.

The bottom line is that it was pretty good, but for me, it was lacking a bit. If you get it, I think you'll enjoy it.

Matt Archer: Monster Hunter (Matt Archer #1)
Matt Archer: Monster Hunter (Matt Archer #1)
Price: $0.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty good start., July 15, 2015
Due to some events, Matt (who is a teen) is "Chosen" to be a monster hunter. As he trains, he soon find out what it really mean to be a monster hunter, to hunt creatures that lurk in the night. Along with being a monster hunter, Matt has to deal with typical High School things, bullies, grades, and girls. If you think of Buffy the Vampire Slayer, then you'll know what to expect.

Overall it was pretty good. I liked the story. It has very good characters. I like the sister, I hope we get to see more of her in future books. I also liked the character development of Matt. I did have some issues with it. 1) I felt it has a bit too much profanity and violence to it. Yes, I know you're dealing with monsters and such, but it was violent. 2) For me, it was a bit wordy, esp at the end. 3) When you write, you want to separate characters by giving them names that don't relate to each other. The author has 3 or 4 characters all names starting with "M", and it grew a bit confusing. 4) I was expecting to lean more about the baddies, why they did what they did, and we really don't get that. We were told how they're growing and developing, but never told why.

Bottom line: It was a good book, and I plan to read the others in the series.

Matt Archer: Monster Summer (Matt Archer #1.5)
Matt Archer: Monster Summer (Matt Archer #1.5)
Price: $0.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Summer danger, July 15, 2015
In this go around, Matt is in Australia to go after some monsters and he joins a team that's already there, and not everyone is happy to see him. As soon a Matt gets there, he soon realizes that he might be in over his dead, and the dangers are all too real. That's all I want to say on the plot. Anything more would due spoilers.

This was a pretty good read. For me, it has a little more profanity than I felt was necessary. This book was violent, but it kind of fits for the genre.

If you've read the first one, then you know what to expect and won't be let down.

Any Witch Way You Can (Wicked Witches of the Midwest Book 1)
Any Witch Way You Can (Wicked Witches of the Midwest Book 1)
Price: $0.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great start to a series., July 15, 2015
This is such fun read. Hemlock Cove is a place known for witchcraft, or at least that's what the tourist trade is built on. However, there's a family of witches that are real, and the town pretty much ignores them. The annual corn maze is built for everyone to enjoy. The problem is that someone put a body in there, and it has something special done to it. A witch trio if cousins investigate in what's going on, and they hit a bit too close to home, and a killer is waiting. A killer that will do anything not to be found. If the killer has to kill some witches, so be it. That's all I want to say about the plot, anything more would be spoilers.

This has a lot going for it. This has great characters, humor, good writing and some plot twists. Let's put it this way, think of this book on the level of Stephanie Plum. That's all you need to know.

I'm really looking forward to reading the other books in the series. Read it now, and thank me later.

The Math Inspectors: Story One - The Case Of The Claymore Diamond (a hilarious adventure for children ages 9-12)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great start to a series., July 15, 2015
This is the first book in a promising series. Stanley and his friends have to find a jewelry thief and show proof of their guilt, and they use math to solve the crime. That's all I want to say about the plot.

What I liked about it is all the pop culture references in it. It was like revisiting my childhood. There's a lot of laughs to keep children of all ages glued to this book.

I plan to tell my students about it. That's the highest complement I can give. I'm looking forward to the second book. Start it now, and thank me later.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20