Profile for Reacher Creature > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 523

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Reacher Creature RSS Feed (Rochester)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Meet Your Baker (A Bakeshop Mystery Book 1)
Meet Your Baker (A Bakeshop Mystery Book 1)
Offered by Macmillan
Price: $7.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Good Start, March 16, 2015
Juliet returns home to help run the bake shop with her mom. This is to help Juliet through some tough times.WIth all of this going on There's the Oregon Shakespeare Festival putting on a play. Soon, Juliet finds a body, someone nobody really likes, that is involved with the Festival, and it's up to her to find the killer. The killer will do anything not to be found, even if it's providing the final curtain call for Juliet. That's all I want to say about the plot, anything more would be spoilers.

This was a pretty good read. There were kind of two plot lines going on, and it dealt a bit with Juliet's past, and that part I really didn't care for. It did nothing to move the plot along. Matter of fact, it dragged it down. When it was revealed why Juliet left Carlos, I felt it was a pretty selfish move on her part.

Overall, I liked it and the odds are that I'll read the next book in the series.

Diners, Drive-Ins, and Death: A Comfort Food Mystery
Diners, Drive-Ins, and Death: A Comfort Food Mystery
by Christine Wenger
Edition: Mass Market Paperback
Price: $7.99
71 used & new from $3.64

4.0 out of 5 stars Solid Story, March 16, 2015
In this go around, Trixie's friend is a suspect of in a murder case. Trixie feels it's her job to clear her friend's name and find who the real killer is. The problem is that the closer Trixie gets, a killer is waiting. That's all I want to say about the plot, anything more would be a spoiler.

Over all, this is a good read. If you've read the others in the series, you know what to expect and won't be let down. My favorite character is Ty. I also like how the romance doesn't over power the story

I just had to small issues with it. One is that Trixie will say how hot and good looking Ty is, then she'll says, "Not that I noticed." Well, if you say how hot he is, then you noticed it. The other issue I have is with Antoinette Chloe's name. It doesn't roll off the tongue easy. It sounds better if her name is Chloe Antoinette. Those are just small issues.

Get this one, and enjoy the ride.

The Everything Meals For A Month Cookbook: Smart Recipes To Help You Plan Ahead, Save Time, And Stay On Budget (Everything®)
Price: $9.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Not realistic, March 7, 2015
This book starts off very good. It gives you the ins and out/do's and don't about freezing. That part is good for the beginner, then the book goes down hill fast. There are so many problems with it. 1) The set up. I'd like to have a new recipe start on a new page. How the book is set up, that when one recipe is done, the next starts. It should be a new recipe on a new page. 2) Portions. Part of the portions are decent, serves four. Then it gives the recipe that will serve 12-14. What?? I mean, one recipe was for 114 stuffed olives. Who in Great Cezar's Ghost need that many stuffed olives?? That leads me to 3) These recipes are not pocketbook friendly. It would cost a lot of money to make some of these recipes. Then if you made a few a month....that would really cost a lot. I don't think it's very realistic. 4) These recipes and very high in fat and calories. Cream Cheese, butter, and cheese isn't exactly healthy for you. These recipes also has a lot of carbs in them. These aren't healthily at all.

Over all, this is a major let down.

How to Shop for Free: Shopping Secrets for Smart Women Who Love to Get Something for Nothing
Price: $9.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Laughable., February 20, 2015
I'm just starting to getting into couponing, and I've read a few books on it. This has to be one of the worst I have read. It's laughable. There isn't anything new in this book, and it's hard to read. There are so many flaws to it. Here are a few:

1) I think this book is very sexist. The author is gearing this book towards women, and barely mentions that men like to save money too. As a man, I like to save as much money as I can. The author even states, as a title heading "Put on your big girl pants." What would happen if a male wrote that? Big girl pants? Really?? The author thinks she's funny and witty, not even close. Sadly to say, the author makes a lot of mistakes.

2) Immature writing. This author needs to grow up when it comes to her writing, it's pretty bad. It's as if a twelve year old wrote this. Spencer uses parenthesis when she writes, and that's a *big* red flag of an amateur writer. When an author uses parenthesis when they write, they put nothing of substance in them, it's just meanness jibber-jabber. Here are some examples, and I quote, "...and one of the reasons for this is that many shoppers (and perhaps you too) want to do all their....." "...loyalty cards (more on this fancy technology later)." Then my personal favorite "...Sometimes (but not always)...." Yeah, I know what the word "sometimes" means. The book is filled with these. UGH! Amateur, amateur, amateur, nothing but a rank amateur. Useless, meaningless jibber-jabber.

3) The author is a big ole hypocrite. She says to buy in bulk, but not to be "piggy" about it and hog all the products. Then she says how she buys 40 bags of dog food, 10 boxes of Kashi bars, 20 jars of baby food, 50 boxes of Cheese Nips, 30 Jose Ole burritos, 40 containers of Wholly Guacamole, 10 boxes, of PureVia sugar, 20 rolls of paper towels, and 20 bags of cat food. Well, I'm just glad she didn't hog everything. Can you imagine if she did. Yeesh. Oh, but her hypocrisy doesn't end there. She said you have to be courteous to the cashiers and people that work at the stores you shop at, and I agree 100%, you need to be. However, one of her friends was told that they can't use all of the coupons on the same trip, and was told they have to use so many each visit. So her friend goes out the store, comes back in and yells, "I'm BAAACK!", and she thinks that's funny. I don't see how being rude and annoying is funny.

4) I can't believe all she said. She claims that she was shopping and saw a box of Special K for sale for a dollar, and had a dollar off coupon, so it was free. Excuse me?? A dollar for a box os Special K cereal??? Since when? Then she said the same thing for a frozen pizza...for a dollar. How about "I don't think so for a $100 Alex." No way. I have never seen pizza or cereal that cheap, ever. Then she said how K Mart doubles coupons, well, that's not exactly true. I mean, at times they do double it, yes, but not all the time. She also fails to mention that you have to spend $25 before you can double coupons. That's $25 before you can double, then you can. You just can't walk in and expect the doubling to start if you have under $25. That's kind of important to know, isn't it? She also claims to spend $4 a week on groceries. I'm not going to say she's lying, perhaps she's not, but I have a feeling her pants are on fire.

5) Lacking ethics. This has to be my favorite hypocrisy from her. She says you have to be ethical when you shop and not do anything illegal and play by the rules. Then she says how she looks for coupons stickers that are on products, called "Peelies". She states how she peels them off the product, and doesn't buy it, but just takes the coupon. Now, it's not illegal, but it sure lacks ethics. When she does this, it stops someone else from using the coupon when they pick the product up for themselves. She even claims "You don't even have to but the product."

6) Pride, it's a great sin. Boy howdy, does she like to talk about herself a lot. It seems that on every other page she mention her website. When she's not doing that, she mentioned the size of her home, and how she and her kids dress in the finest clothes.

7) What's with the profanity??? Now I love to read, and I read a lot of fiction, and yes, there is profanity in it, and I'm okay with that. I expect it. However, I didn't expect profanity in a book about coupons. This isn't the kind of book that needs profanity in it. Time and place Spencer, time and place, and this isn't the time or the place for profanity. Again, rake amateur.

I could go on, but I made my point. To finish, I'll just say that there are a lot of good couponing books out there, this just isn't one of them.

Coupon Extreme (25 Couponing Sites that Save You Money)
Coupon Extreme (25 Couponing Sites that Save You Money)
Price: $2.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Very nice!, February 12, 2015
This book is great for anyone who wants to get coupons. What makes this such a nice book is that the author reviews the each site and how to use it. She also shows the good and bad, nothing is sugar coated. This has a lot of good information in it. If you get it, you won't be sorry.

True Ghost Stories: Jim Harold's Campfire 1
True Ghost Stories: Jim Harold's Campfire 1
Price: $2.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Good stories, delivery was lacking., February 11, 2015
I do like JIm's Podcast and his other books, but this one I had some problems with. First off, I have investigated the paranormal and I do believe, so the stories were pretty good. For me, the problem was the delivery. I think what Jim wanted to do is to get the person's story, word for word, and for me, it didn't translate well. There were choppy sentences and getting off the point, then read, "Back to my story." I just feel it needed to be tightened up a bit. Then, there were parenthesis being used. I loathe that, I can't stand it. All of the info that's in the parenthesis are pointless. It slows the story down. People don't talk with parenthesis, and they shouldn't have been in the book.

If you want some pretty interesting stories, then I highly suggest this book. Just know going into it, the stories need to be tightened up a bit.

Snow Way Out (A Snow Globe Shop Mystery Book 1)
Snow Way Out (A Snow Globe Shop Mystery Book 1)
Offered by Penguin Group (USA) LLC
Price: $7.59

1.0 out of 5 stars Not enjoyable, February 1, 2015
First off, I wanted to say that I had such high hopes for this book. The premise sounds like it was going to be a great read. I even liked how the murder scene was done inside a snow globe, fantastic idea....then I read it. The plot took off downhill faster then a bobsled on slick ice.

The plot is that Cami is hosting a arts and crafts workshop on how to make snow globes. The teacher comes in and shows the class how to make them. Then it seems Cami finds a body in the park, of someone nobody really likes. She goes back to her shop, but it seems that someone made a snow globe with the murder scene as the setting of it. It's up to Cami to find the killer.

This book has a lot of problems to it. 1) The characters aren't that great or real to life. Cami is annoying and isn't even likable. I feel she's moody for no reason, and is kind of nasty to her friends. The other characters are one dimensional and often act in immature ways. I mean the author has adult women, jumping up and down clapping. Yikes! 2) The writing is weak. The author has characters saying thing like, "I don't run around willy-nilly, whatever that means." Give me a break. Either you know what a word means, or you don't, an adult wouldn't say that. The author seems to want us to know what Cami is saying/thinking on every single subject. It's nothing more than pointless jibber jabber. The author also like to describe every feature in every room, it's really not necessary. 3) There wasn't any plot twists. I kept on reading, wanting something to happen. 4) Lack of investigation. Cami doesn't investigate the murder, she just jibber jabbers. There was a lot of "I wonder what so and so thinks." Who cares? Get on with the plot. 5) The reveal. The way she found out who the murder was is so stupid. Pretty much, the murder just comes out and confesses to it. Now lets talk about motive. The motive for the murderer was goofy at best.

Bottom line: Skip it. Normally I'd say to get it at the library, but for this turkey, don't even do that.
Comment Comments (12) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 19, 2015 12:33 PM PST

Couponing 101: Simple Tips for Saving BIG
Couponing 101: Simple Tips for Saving BIG
Price: $0.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Money saving tips., January 28, 2015
I'm sort of new to couponing, and there was a lot of good information in here. There are a lot of ways to save money, and that's always good. Get it now, and thank me later.

Crazy for Couponing: How to Save Insane Amounts of Money Using Coupons
Crazy for Couponing: How to Save Insane Amounts of Money Using Coupons
Price: $0.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Well written., January 28, 2015
What a nice little book about couponing. I actually learned a few tips to save money, and who doesn't like that? This is such a nice into to couponing. If you get this, I can promise you won't be sorry, I know I wasn't.

Quaker Chewy Granola Bars Caramel Apple 8 Count (Pack of 2 Boxes)
Quaker Chewy Granola Bars Caramel Apple 8 Count (Pack of 2 Boxes)
Offered by media expert
Price: $14.14
2 used & new from $8.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Food of the Gods., January 22, 2015
These are so freggin good! When I saw them, I figured I'd take a chance on them and I'm so glad I did. The apple and carmel flavor jump out at you from the first second of the first bite. I can guarantee you that I'll be stocking up on these. If you like the other chewy granola bars, then you *have* to try these. Get them now, and thank me later.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20