Profile for Scott Petersen > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 2

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Scott Petersen RSS Feed (The Left Coast, USA)

Nikon 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II AF-S Nikkor Zoom Lens For Nikon Digital SLR Cameras
Price: $2,396.95
42 used & new from $1,700.00

5.0 out of 5 stars After one use, very happy with this lens!!!, April 4, 2010
I ordered this lens on Friday afternoon, April 2nd, 2010 and received it yesterday, April 3rd, before 12 noon, just in time to take it to the Angels-Dodgers game at Dodger Stadium. Got some great images even though most of them were behind the protective foul ball screen and I will post a couple here if possible..........up until the point my battery died because I changed cases just before leaving home and left two spare, fully charged batteries in the other one.

I am an aspiring professional photographer, which simply means I hope to make money doing something I love one day. Actually I made a little money shooting one Pop Warner team and a JAAFC football league from Riverside, CA last fall and hope to increase that this year. I did that with a Nikon D200 and Nikon 18-200mm f 3.5 - 5.6 lens and got some great shots. Prior to that time, while taking an action and sports photography class at the Tri-Community Photo School in Covina, CA (I give it 5 stars and highly recommend anyone close enough to check it out), I rented the older version Nikon 70-200 2.8 for two weeks. At that time I couldn't afford to buy it, and had heard rumors it was going to be getting an update. I am incredibly glad I didn't have the cash at that time and waited, because this new version is much better. I can't get into the technical details like other reviewers have, but I could tell from the moment I took the first shots at Dodger Stadium yesterday, that this lens was worth waiting for.

Right now, after doing a LOT of searching for the best price on this as it is a major purchase, and finding there appears to only be about a $300 or so difference between the previous model and this one, I would definitely recommend spending the extra cash. The previous lens was great, this is simply better.
Comment Comment | Permalink

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Buyrers should pay closer attention before leaving critical feedback, April 4, 2010
Just looked at the two - 2 star reviews of this "kit", including the MB-D200 battery grip and two batteries. In fairness to the previous reviewers, I suppose it is possible that Cameta Camera, a great company that I bought my D200 from originally, had an image that included genuine Nikon batteries, and they later changed it after these reviews, but I highly doubt it. First look at the picture with this listing makes it quite obvious that the included batteries are NOT Nikon's, especially since it doesn't say Nikon on the top, and I believe they just didn't pay close enough attention. Cameta Camera is a good company and I would definitely do business with them again. Giving two stars for your own lack of attention to detail is not fair to the selling company or to people that might not actually buy this product simply because it showed such poor rating. All this in my humble opinion.