Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports
Profile for wjd > Reviews

Browse

wjd's Profile

Customer Reviews: 30

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

wjd RSS Feed (Columbia, SC)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
POWERADE Orange, 12 ct, 12 FL OZ Bottle
POWERADE Orange, 12 ct, 12 FL OZ Bottle
Offered by joes discounts
Price: $18.91
4 used & new from $13.95

3.0 out of 5 stars corn syrup + vitamins, May 2, 2016
I used to like powerade until I realized they're using high fructose corn syrup... seriously? Have they always used that? I mean, I know it's made by the Coca-Cola company, and I realize these sports drinks are essentially sugar water, but I thought it was at least real sugar, plus added vitamins. Now that I know it's corn syrup (+vitamins) I won't be drinking this stuff in the future.

LB1 High Performance Battery For IBM Lenovo Thinkpad Edge 13 E30 E31 57Y4565 42T4813 42T4815 42T4806 42T4858
Offered by LB1 HIGH PERFORMANCE
Price: $36.95
3 used & new from $32.95

5.0 out of 5 stars A solid product, May 2, 2016
The battery works great and fits perfectly. I've only been using it for about a week, but so far I'm very happy. The battery life is at least 3x what I was getting with the old, worn out original battery.

Peepers Dynasty Round Reading Glasses,Green,1.25
Peepers Dynasty Round Reading Glasses,Green,1.25

5.0 out of 5 stars nerdy & cool, October 11, 2015
Love them. Very light and comfortable.

Bluetooth Shower Speaker, TaoTronics Water Resistant Portable Wireless Shower Speaker (Crisp Sound, Build-in Microphone for Hands-Free Calling, Solid Suction Cup)
Offered by Sunvalleytek
Price: $24.99
2 used & new from $12.99

4.0 out of 5 stars underwhelmed by product...but great customer service, May 6, 2015
Sound quality is mediocre at best... I wasn't expecting much, but based on all the other positive reviews I was hoping for something better than the cheap $12 version.

Edit: I've changed my rating from 3 to 4 stars because the customer service is superb. They took the initiative to email me to make sure I was satisfied. When they found out I wasn't, they wanted to do whatever possible to make it right. 5 star customer support!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 6, 2015 7:04 PM PDT

No Title Available

1.0 out of 5 stars el cheapo... very flakey, August 24, 2014
Connects whenever I first boot my (linux) computer, but then it simply stops connecting to my networks. To test that it wasn't simply a matter of poor signal strength, or a problem with the computer, I plugged a usb wifi adapter into the same computer and it connected fine to both wifi networks in my house. The Asus PCE-N15 seems to be configured properly and can see both of my networks, but fails to maintain a connection with either one.

Logitech Rechargeable Touchpad T650 with Windows 8 Multi-Touch Navigation - Black (910-003057) - Factory Refurbished
2 used & new from $39.99

4.0 out of 5 stars basic functionality with Ubuntu 13.10, January 31, 2014
I took a chance on this without reading up about Linux support because an Amazon merchant was selling a refurb model at a huge discount. If I had to pay full price, I probably wouldn't be satisfied with the performance of this device in Linux. However, it's really well built, and probably great for Windows.

Logitech Linux support seems to be notoriously bad, but very basic functionality works out of the box in Ubuntu 13.10. It essentially functions as a mouse. There are not many special gestures recognized, as most of this is done with software drivers for Windows. Most surprisingly, there is no "tap-to-click" functionality. You must press down on the left bottom corner of the pad, with enough pressure to get the feet to register a click. Simply tapping the pad does nothing in Linux.

At least the gestures that do work, work well. In particular, two finger swipe left/right moves forward/back in a browser; two finger swipe up/down provides a very nice, smooth scroll.

Logitech Wireless Mouse M325 with Designed-for-Web Scrolling - Black Topography
Logitech Wireless Mouse M325 with Designed-for-Web Scrolling - Black Topography
Offered by 7thContinent
Price: $15.99
3 used & new from $15.99

5.0 out of 5 stars amazingly precise mouse, January 31, 2014
This mouse works as a mouse should work. Excellent quality. You get what you pay for. This is so much easier to use than a $12 mouse. Spend the extra $5. You won't regret it.

No Title Available

1.0 out of 5 stars poor performance, January 31, 2014
The resolution on this mouse is terrible. Judging from the other reviews, either I got a lemon, or other users have very low standards/expectations for mouse resolution/performance. I thought it might be the desktop surface I was working on, so I tried a special optical mousepad, but this made no difference. I have since purchased the Logitech M325 mouse and what a difference! The Logitech M325 is amazingly precise. It is a joy to use after suffering with the HP x3000. Totally worth the extra $5. My advice: Don't waste your money on the HP x3000.

amCase(TM) Slim fit case for Google Nexus 4 -Matte Black
amCase(TM) Slim fit case for Google Nexus 4 -Matte Black

5.0 out of 5 stars sleeker but less protective than bumper, March 21, 2013
I love this case! It is exactly what the Nexus 4 needs. VERY minimal. Just enough coverage. Sleeker and lighter (but probably less protective) than the bumper available from google.

For a few weeks I carried my phone with no case at all because I hated the bulk of The first case I bought (by Mercury). The Mercury case wraps around the edges of the phone too far and makes it hard to type in horizontal mode. The case under review, on the other hand, barely wraps around the phone at all. It's amazing that it even stays on. It is molded to fit the phone like a glove, so it snaps right into place, as if glued on. Plus, this case gives the back of your phone a hard-rubber finish, so it's not slippery, yet not soft/sticky either.

Also, this case is so cheap, if after a while it breaks or the color starts to fade, just replace it. The $20 bumper is ridiculously overpriced. (Granted, an Apple version would cost $40.)

To sum up: If you want a very sleek, minimal case that just barely comes around the edge of the phone, the least amount possible, and gives your Nexus 4 the rubberized back that it should have been designed with in the first place, get the amCase.

Caseology Slim Fit Flexible TPU Case for LG Google Nexus 4 (White)
Caseology Slim Fit Flexible TPU Case for LG Google Nexus 4 (White)

2.0 out of 5 stars a major flaw, March 7, 2013
This case would be perfect if not for ONE MAJOR FLAW: the case wraps around the edges of the phone too far. If you type on the keyboard with your thumbs in horizontal mode, then unless you have tiny and extremely precise thumbs, you will often hit the edge of the case instead of the space bar. Perhaps I could eventually get used to hitting only the upper half of the space bar, but it is really annoying to loose even a fraction of screen real estate because of a poorly designed case. I ended up trimming the edge of the case to fix the problem. That works okay, if you don't mind one edge of your case looking slightly frayed.

If you like typing on the smaller keyboard that appears when your phone is in vertical mode, then this case will probably be perfect for you.

I will definitely replace this case once I find one with a smaller lip. Probably the authentic google bumper is the way to go... if only it were available.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3