Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc The Jayhawks Tile Wearable Technology Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Gifts for Mom to look and feel great Mother's Day Gifts Shop now Amazon Gift Card Offer seeso seeso seeso  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando ReadyRide Bikes from Diamondback SnS
Profile for McTechie > Reviews

Browse

McTechie's Profile

Customer Reviews: 171

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

McTechie RSS Feed (Northern California)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-18
Samsung Fast Charge Qi Wireless Charging Pad - US Version - Black
Samsung Fast Charge Qi Wireless Charging Pad - US Version - Black
Price: $55.99
37 used & new from $38.23

5.0 out of 5 stars bought several of these and have them around the house ..., March 12, 2016
bought several of these and have them around the house at critical locations plus my office. when you need to 'be available' on your smartphone, why mess around with clumsy adapter cords when all it takes is placing your device on this black circle, and if you need to use the device, you can pick it up and use it without getting a neck injury when your head movement exceeds the length of the recharging cord. my iPhone buddies are jealous - this is a Samsung/Android feature not found in Appledom.

UAG Samsung Galaxy Note 5 Feather-Light Composite [MAGMA] Military Drop Tested Phone Case
Price: $29.95
4 used & new from $24.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Your Smartphone or Tablet deserves rock-solid protection..., March 12, 2016
UAG is my 'go to' for smartphone and tablet protection. Lightweight yet very effective. Put me down as 'completely satisfied'.

Hosa CYX-403M Stereo Breakout Cable, 3.5 mm TRS to Dual XLR3M - 3 m / 9.8 ft.
Hosa CYX-403M Stereo Breakout Cable, 3.5 mm TRS to Dual XLR3M - 3 m / 9.8 ft.
Price: $11.82
35 used & new from $11.79

5.0 out of 5 stars Moneysaving way to hook up your Powered Monitor Speakers/Subwoofer to your PC, March 12, 2016
great way to output audio from your PC to your powered monitor speakers by Rokit. low price and works as expected... a great value!

Redbird Cygnus Pro Wireless
Redbird Cygnus Pro Wireless

5.0 out of 5 stars Best add-on ever for my Simulator!, March 11, 2016
If you own Apple products like iPads or iPhones and fly real airplanes (or simulators!), you will benefit from this great product by Redbird Flight Solutions! I purchased the Cygnus Pro Wireless direct from Redbird (as you can do right here on Amazon!) and was immediately impressed by the quality of the product itself, and also by the amazing people who worked closely with me on the order itself!

At first I was reluctant to switch away from my Android tablet (Galaxy Note 10.1) to the new iPad Pro (12") because I would need a workaround to permit GPS location-spoofing (otherwise not allowed by new Apple iOS operating system). I stumbled onto Cygnus by accident, and reached out to Redbird by email asking questions like "will this work with the new Prepar3d version 3.xx as well as other common sims like XPlane and Microsoft FSX?" I was assured that yes, it would. Furthermore, I was concerned that installation be quick and easy, and "painless".

Let me testify! Everything Redbird told me (Thank you Stephen C.!) was straight-up truth! They even ofter a no-quibble 30-day guarantee. I gained a simple and easy way to be able to use up to FIVE Apple devices with my flight sim, and Prepar3D worked right from jump. I was so thrilled, I wrote a "I'm 100% Completely Satisfied" email to Redbird the same day I installed this product!

I was reluctant to 'get the best' as this unit is a little pricey (like everything to do with airplanes is), but the fact that it's WIRELESS is huge! I can move my iPad anywhere I want to during flight ops, or I can leave the iPad plugged into AC power for those long jaunts cross country!

Works great with both Garmin Pilot and ForeFlight Mobile apps (both for Apple products, available from Apple store), and as a long time Garmin Pilot user, I was instantly converted over to ForeFlight the moment I could run it on my new iPad. (ForeFlight does not work on Android devices).

What's in the box:

1- Redbird Cygnus USB Product Key and Software (on the usb key itself)
2- RED USB to Bad-Elf Power Wire (See photo)
3- 1 Bad Elf GPS Pro Bluetooth receiver/transmitter
4- Redbird Products Guide and Quick Setup

To operate this with your simulator--
1. Sim must be running (XPlane, Microsoft FSX, Lockheed Martin Prepar3D ver 1, 2 or 3)
2. Cygnus Pro software must be installed and USB key and Bad Elf units both plugged into SIM PC
3. Cygnus Pro will report product is connected to sim and shows what COMM PORT the Bad Elf is on
4. Bad Elf must be bluetooth paired with your Apple devices
5. Start your Navigation App(s) (e.g. Garmin Pilot, ForeFlight Mobile or WingX)
6. Both Garmin Pilot and ForeFlight Mobile connected instantly and correctly showed the aircraft on their moving map and geo referenced procedure plates (including taxiways).

I recommend this product without hesitation, and I thought long and hard prior to purchasing it!
Comment Comment | Permalink

Amazon Fire TV
Amazon Fire TV
Price: $84.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Incredibly handy and so easy to use- best TECH ITEM for a non-techie person EVER!, January 6, 2016
This review is from: Amazon Fire TV (Electronics)
The FireTV is an amazingly handy device in a very small package that doesn't take up a lot of space in your entertainment center! I love this device, primarily because it is simple to use and to navigate - made simple as pie by the voice-enabled search feature on the (included) remote. You can say "Homeland" and the FireTv will locate the program, and you simply press the large button just below the microphone to bring up the show (on Showtime). From there you can select different seasons and episodes, add programs to your play list, and enable other features like closed captioning. Audio and video outputs are now done solely through the HDMI port on the back of the device, which makes connecting to your entertainment center simple and easy (HDMI cable NOT included, but available from Amazon Basics at a low cost). The prior model did not support UHD (4000 lines) while this model now does. Of all the technology items I have purchased, I regard the Amazon FireTV as the best investment ever! Did I mention you can purchase subscriptions to HBO, Showtime, and other former cable-only services right from Amazon? How great is that? And when you do so, Amazon connects those services to your FireTV for you, so you don't have to become a whiz at remembering even more logons and passwords! Finally, when your FireTV box arrives from Amazon - it is already activated and registered to your Amazon account! Must buy!

The Litigators: A Novel
The Litigators: A Novel
by John Grisham
Edition: Mass Market Paperback
Price: $6.73
504 used & new from $0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars Grisham is a powerhouse in the courtroom!, August 25, 2015
Grisham can write with the best of them. A hallmark of a great book is "the stoplight factor" - meaning you can't wait to see what's next. I became engrossed in the story and enjoyed being entertained by a master of courtroom drama.

Cuisinart 7116-20 Chef's Classic 20-Centimeter Universal Steamer with Cover
Cuisinart 7116-20 Chef's Classic 20-Centimeter Universal Steamer with Cover
Price: $39.95
9 used & new from $39.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Best steamer solution... no more wobbly steam veggie baskets from the supermarket sundry aisle!, August 11, 2015
Steam those hard boiled eggs and they will peel easily! Start with eggs at room temp. Place in this unit atop a pot of rolling boiling water for 20 minutes. Cover. After 20 mins, remove top basket and submerse in tepid (room temp) water to cool the eggs enough to handle. Put cooked eggs in bowl or fill up the Styrofoam egg carrier and refrigerate. Bob's your uncle! Fewer cracked eggs too! Handles 8 LARGE eggs at a time. Great for any type of steamed veggies.

Amazon Fire Game Controller
Amazon Fire Game Controller

5.0 out of 5 stars The fun of an x-box without the hassle or severe price ..., August 11, 2015
Simple to install and configure. The fun of an x-box without the hassle or severe price tag. Sure, the games aren't as thrilling, but $40 for the controller? I can live with it.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars I'll be a happy camper. The voice search works well and beats ..., August 11, 2015
As a newbie member of the 'unplugged' generation, I purchased this with the sole purpose of watching HBO NOW on my plasma 1080p TV with digital surround sound instead of just on my PC. Waiting on AMAZON to update the firmware to handle HBO NOW. Once that happens, I'll be a happy camper. The voice search works well and beats hunting around with a keyboard or controller button presses. Note, this box is VERY small, about the size of two decks of playing cards laid side by side. Which is a GOOD THING. Why make monster boxes to take up space in our entertainment centers? Simple hook up, took maybe 2 minutes to plug in and go. Can handle wireless or hard-wired Internet. Has HDMI jack and additionally has optical audio output for high-end sound amps.

Fossil Ingram Trifold Wallet Wallets Black
Fossil Ingram Trifold Wallet Wallets Black
Price: $40.00
2 used & new from $40.00

5.0 out of 5 stars EXACTLY what I wanted - a quality men's tri-fold wallet ..., August 11, 2015
EXACTLY what I wanted - a quality men's tri-fold wallet with enough room to hold all my credit cards, business cards, driver license et al. Pricey, but you get what you pay for. I tried a $20 'cheapie' from a national shoe outlet store but to my chagrin the slots for the credit cards were excessively tight and there was not as much room for multiple cards. Buy this and never look back.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-18