Profile for RockHound > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 70

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

RockHound RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7
The Williston Experience: A Story of Boomtown Greed
The Williston Experience: A Story of Boomtown Greed
Price: $4.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Why are none of these reviews verified buyers?, May 9, 2015
Why are none of these reviews verified buyers? I haven't read the book, and it sounds interesting, but are these reviews legit? All five stars from unverified buyers? Seems odd.

Bach Rescue Remedy Pet - 20 ml
Bach Rescue Remedy Pet - 20 ml
Offered by AmericaRx
Price: $16.31
27 used & new from $13.28

1.0 out of 5 stars I was interested in this, but Googled it and ..., May 5, 2015
I was interested in this, but Googled it and found out that scientific studies have shown it to be quackery. Google it yourself before buying, and if you use the human version, be aware it has alcohol in it, which could have a negative impact on your pet.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 14, 2015 6:49 AM PDT

Clam Corporation 9881 Quick-Set Traveler Shelter, 72 x 72-Inch, Brown/Beige
Clam Corporation 9881 Quick-Set Traveler Shelter, 72 x 72-Inch, Brown/Beige
Price: $204.41
3 used & new from $199.99

5.0 out of 5 stars The Alaskan skeeters are gonna hate this..., May 5, 2015
I just got this and set it up. It wasn't as easy as I had hoped it would be, but that's because I have a really really bad back (several fractured vertebra). But for me to even get it up was pretty good, so if you're a normal person, it would be very doable and easy. And things are always harder the first time for me, anyway.

The quality is very good and once up, you could stake it down, put dirt all around it on the outside ground flaps, and put your cats inside. I would watch them, but it's unlikely they would get out. I tried it with one cat, but she didn't even try to get out, and a determined cat might get out. Just mentioning this if you camp with cats, as more and more people do. Amazon sells the Abo cat tent which is better for cats.

There have been complaints in the comments on the bigger version of this shelter that it sometimes comes inside-out. When first setting it up, sometimes the legs get twisted around the cloth and you have to work with it to get them back out. It looks like it's inside-out, but it's not. It's easy once you're aware of what's going on. Just remember, the HANDLES GO ON THE OUTSIDE OF THE TENT. I tied a small rope to the tent top to make it easier to grab and pull down. I was inside to take the top down (just pull it down), then went outside to push the sides in. It's very very easy to take down and fits nicely in its case, unlike most shelters/tents.

I think the next few times I set this up will get easier, and it really is a nice shelter. I've had a bunch, and most have gaps where bugs can get in from the netting not being taut around the bottom. This is nice and tight and I betcha even the skeeters in Alaska will be baffled by it (I'm on my way to find out).

Three Against the Wilderness (Classics West Collection)
Three Against the Wilderness (Classics West Collection)
by Eric Collier
Price: $16.16
58 used & new from $7.90

1.0 out of 5 stars THIS BOOK IS PART FICTION, April 12, 2015
If you read this thinking it's true, you've been duped. The author's son debunks most of the book as being untrue in a multi-part Youtube interview.

The link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=INv6ZQ8egvU

If the link doesn't post, go to Youtube and search on "Veasy Collier 7" and you'll find the part of the interview where the son says a good portion of it was made up. Too bad, apparently ethics was trumped by a desire to make money - what's new? It would've been great if the author would've said it was part fiction, then this problem would have never come up and tainted the book.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 12, 2015 1:48 PM PDT

Castor & Pollux Organix Grain-Free Chicken and Potato Adult Dog Food, 12.7 Ounce Cans (Pack of 12)
Offered by Quidsi Retail LLC
Price: $31.43
9 used & new from $31.43

5.0 out of 5 stars Yum, January 4, 2015
Organix is the best. I love it! (OK, I've actually never tried it, but my dogs say it's great.)

Taste of the Wild Dry Dog Food, Hi Prairie Canine Formula with Roasted Bison & Venison, 30-Pound Bag
Price: $44.59
30 used & new from $29.00

5.0 out of 5 stars WIld bunnies LOVE it!, January 4, 2015
My dogs love this and it keeps them in good shape for bunny chasing, as well as too fat to ever catch a bunny, so all's well.

No-Spill 1405 2-1/2-Gallon Poly Gas Can (CARB Compliant)
No-Spill 1405 2-1/2-Gallon Poly Gas Can (CARB Compliant)
Price: $23.25
54 used & new from $16.86

5.0 out of 5 stars Will do the job, January 4, 2015
OK, I have still to put gas in this thing, since I have never used my generator, but I know when the time comes, it will do the job. That's called peace of mind, eh?

SE - Magnifier Set - Handheld, 3 Pc
SE - Magnifier Set - Handheld, 3 Pc
Offered by Visions Biz
Price: $10.49
6 used & new from $8.77

5.0 out of 5 stars I can see!, January 4, 2015
Now I can see what I'm doing, no matter how small or inconsequential it may be.

Kidde KN-COPP-B-LPM Battery-Operated Carbon Monoxide Alarm with Digital Display
Kidde KN-COPP-B-LPM Battery-Operated Carbon Monoxide Alarm with Digital Display
Price: $19.25
26 used & new from $17.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Still alive, January 4, 2015
I guess it must work because I'm still alive (I think). I actually bought a second one for a friend, and last I checked, they're also still alive. Since I spend a lot of time in an RV, I think this is a good idea.

Castor & Pollux Organix Turkey, Carrot and Potato Adult Dog Food, 12.7 Ounce Cans (Pack of 12)
Price: $31.99
11 used & new from $31.99

5.0 out of 5 stars I don't personally like this, but..., January 4, 2015
Well, I can't say I presonally enjoy this, but my dogs sure do. Their coats do, too.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7