Automotive Deals Summer Reading Shop Women's Clothing Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis STEM Water Sports
Profile for RockHound > Reviews

Browse

RockHound's Profile

Customer Reviews: 123

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

RockHound RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-13
Strong Feelings
Strong Feelings
Price: $9.49

5.0 out of 5 stars I turned the radio on and this guy blew me away, May 2, 2016
This review is from: Strong Feelings (MP3 Music)
I absolutely LOVE this guy. To and Fro and Radio Girl could stand with any of the country greats, though we're talking authentic country, not today's slop. I'm not even sure if they're country, but a very cool mix of country and old time rock. And then the music gets more poignant with songs like Broken in Two. This guy is a poet, an awesome guitar player, and has a mellow voice that can do country twang (in a good way) and gentle folkish stuff. I just can't categorize Paisley, maybe that's why they call him alternative. But it's all good. I listened to Radio Girl over and over, just like he sings in the song (They played it over and over again). There are a couple of songs where I felt the organ got a little too much, though well done, but that's my only complaint.

Alaska Bear Tales
Alaska Bear Tales
by Larry Kaniut
Price: $13.76
186 used & new from $0.01

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't waste your time and money, January 22, 2016
This review is from: Alaska Bear Tales (Paperback)
This book was a gift, and I am sure glad I didn't waste any money on it. It's hard to read, very repetitive, and sometimes downright boring. How you make a book about bears boring is beyond me, and it also demonizes bears, sensationalizes bears, and glorifies blood and gore. I found it insulting to my intelligence and to all bears. This guy obviously just doesn't get it. If you want to read what bears are really about, read Grizzly Years by Doug Peacock.

Quality Rest 600 Fill Power All Goose Down Pillow Standard Size 20" x 26" Medium 340 Thread Count 100% Long Staple Egyptian Cotton Shell. Guaranteed Hypoallergenic

5.0 out of 5 stars Totally worth every penny, January 21, 2016
Well, after a month or so, I'm back to revise my 3 star review into a 5 star. I initially thought this was way overpriced, but after using it, it's awesome.

KEEN Women's Koven WP Hiking Shoe, Gargolye/Alaskan Blue, 10.5 M US
KEEN Women's Koven WP Hiking Shoe, Gargolye/Alaskan Blue, 10.5 M US
Offered by Live To Play
Price: $85.49
2 used & new from $85.49

1.0 out of 5 stars Stiff pressure points on the inside of the tongue made them unwearable., January 15, 2016
I love Keens. I wear nothing but Keens and just bought 3 new pairs. All fit fine except this model, and the inside of the tongue on both shoes had a stiff pressure point that made them unwearable, even though the size was fine. Returned.

Merrell Women's Snowbound Mid Waterproof Winter Boot,Charcoal,10.5 M US
Merrell Women's Snowbound Mid Waterproof Winter Boot,Charcoal,10.5 M US
Price: $100.57
10 used & new from $98.99

5.0 out of 5 stars I've been living in a snow cave in Colorado, January 8, 2016
I've been living in a snow cave in Colorado (at least, with El Nino, that's what it feels like) and trying not to break my neck, having no snow boots. So, I decided to get with it, since it was going to snow forever (or so it seems) and ordered these. The tops are a little stiff, as others have pointed out, but there's really no need to wear them all laced up, so that took care of that. They do seem to get more flexible with time. I just wear them half-laced and they're still fine and stay on my feet with no problem and I can just slip them on and off. I had a pair of Sorels before and sent them back, as the soles were like butter on ice. These have a very good grip and seem to be well-made and are very comfy. Actually, I love them and they're also toasty warm. Highly recommend. I got the gray and they look nice.

Life Among the Qallunaat (First Voices, First Texts)
Life Among the Qallunaat (First Voices, First Texts)
Price: $14.75

3.0 out of 5 stars Price is outrageous for an ebook, December 25, 2015
Note to publisher: I would love to read this book, but refuse to pay almost $24 for an ebook. You aren't doing the author any favors, as this supresses her work.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 21, 2016 6:12 AM PDT

Camco 42805 60" x 78" Handy Mat with Strap
Camco 42805 60" x 78" Handy Mat with Strap
Price: $11.19
27 used & new from $11.19

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for a number of uses, December 24, 2015
I have one and bought another for a friend who has a baby. I use mine at my camper door, and it's not too big and not too small. She uses hers to make a space for the baby to sit on the ground wherever they are - the park, her own yard, etc. It's great for both uses and very colorful. Simple to fold up and carry.

Nahanni Trailhead: A Year in the Northern Wilderness
Nahanni Trailhead: A Year in the Northern Wilderness
by Joanne Ronan Moore
25 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Couldn't put it down, evocative and well done, December 24, 2015
This was a really great book - simple straightforward writing, yet it catches you up and makes you feel like you're there. And unlike so many bloody/gory survival in the wilderness type books, there's only one moose who bites the dust for them to eat, as they brought all their own supplies. They really didn't want to kill the moose and the story is tastefully done. The descriptions of this especially beautiful part of the world are well done and the author remains upbeat even when describing getting cabin fever at 40 below. And her descriptions of the wolves are priceless. She really loves nature and it comes through in every sentence. She also takes their self-reliance for granted and has no posturing about how clever and good at it they are, very humble.

All in all, a simple but evocative and wonderful book. I read it in one sitting, as I couldn't put it down.

Bush Pilots: Daredevils of the Wilderness (Legends)
Bush Pilots: Daredevils of the Wilderness (Legends)
by Peter Boer
Price: $10.95
35 used & new from $1.19

2.0 out of 5 stars Couldn't get past the photo of the dead man., December 23, 2015
Couldn't get past the photo of the dead man. Thought that including it was in very poor taste.

Lightspeed Outdoors Quick Cabana Beach Tent Sun Shelter, Blue
Lightspeed Outdoors Quick Cabana Beach Tent Sun Shelter, Blue
Price: $69.48
17 used & new from $55.58

5.0 out of 5 stars Was great until it was gone, December 22, 2015
My niece used this and she liked it so much, I told her to keep it and I'd get another, but I went broke and now have to sit out in the weather. Oh well, life's what you make of it, I guess. Makes you appreciate the finer things when you don't have them. Maybe I'll get one for Christmas, since I've been pretty good.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-13