Truck Month Spring Reading 2016 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Subscribe & Save Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer ctstrph2 ctstrph2 ctstrph2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando Shop Now SnS
Profile for M. Cummings > Reviews

Browse

M. Cummings' Profile

Customer Reviews: 4

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

M. Cummings RSS Feed

Escante Women's Mob Boss Skirt
Escante Women's Mob Boss Skirt

3.0 out of 5 stars Incomplete and not worth $$, September 27, 2011
For $44, this is a pretty cheaply made outfit. I get that it's a Halloween costume and not meant to be super durable but $30 would have been a more appropriate asking price for what you get. Also, as a previous poster mentioned, this does not come with a hat. False advertising, as it claims to come with everything shown in the picture (except the shoes). The fit is fine with the understanding that this is 100% polyester. I am 6' tall and a small in most clothing so I ordered a medium and it fits snugly but not unbearably so.

I'm Gonna Be Dead Someday
I'm Gonna Be Dead Someday
14 used & new from $8.12

5.0 out of 5 stars Not "just for men" ..., June 15, 2006
I actually purchased this cd and his "Belly of the Beast" DVD a few years ago. But I just re-listened to all of it again because I needed a hearty laugh. This does the trick every time!

I wanted to add my two cents here because I don't think his humor can solely be enjoyed by men. I'm a woman and I think he's hilarious. Yeah, he's crass and vulgar--so what? That's exactly what makes him so good. He's real. I think the best comedians are those with the ability to turn their insides out and give us the rawest, most eye-opening picture of who they are and how they see the world. Done and done.

And even if you don't believe everything he believes, you'd be remiss not to realize that he's a clearly a smart cookie. He's not just throwing out BS on topics he knows nothing about. If nothing else, you've got to respect that. Not to mention his obvious talent in the delivery of his jokes--can't wait until I can see his act in person.

The bottomline is that if you don't laugh, maybe it's time to check for your pulse.

Veronica Mars: Season 1
Veronica Mars: Season 1
DVD ~ Kristen Bell
Offered by Anchor*Media
Price: $20.78
51 used & new from $0.77

5.0 out of 5 stars Virtually Flawless Television, July 8, 2005
This review is from: Veronica Mars: Season 1 (DVD)
In my almost 28 years of watching (and being addicted to) television, I had NEVER written to a network's executives to thank them for a job well-done. Veronica Mars swooped in and changed all that.

This is just a fantasticly written, stellarly performed dramedy. The actors are given incredible material to work with each week and the cast (led by the fiercely talented Kristen Bell) makes the material sparkle. There's not a bad egg in the bunch. Kristen Bell deserves all the praise she has received -- and then some--there aren't many actors who have chemistry with everyone they're put onscreen with, yet she does!

And let's not forget the supporting players. Three in particular stand-out for me:

Jason Dohring (as Logan Echolls) has the uncanny ability to make you want to slap him, hug him, laugh at him, laugh with him and just basically stand in awe of his performance in every scene--no matter how small. This guy isn't another run-of-the-mill Hollywood prettyboy out to see his picture plastered on movie posters. You can tell how dedicated he is to his craft--he simply oozes talent.

Enrico Colantoni (as Keith Mars) does a terrific job playing Veronica's father and former town Sheriff. His offbeat humor made me hestitant at first but very soon I came to love every scene he was in.

Francis Capra (as Eli "Weevil" Navarro) has yet to get as much screen time as I'd like. But I am impressed with his ability to take a fairly "vanilla" scene and twist it and turn it to make it his own. It takes a deft performer to make his 3-minute scene more memorable than the plot's "A" story!

Oh, I love every one of them--even the recurring characters! But I'll stop there. Bottomline: If you enjoy quality television where everyone in front of and behind the camera clearly is at the "top of their game" then buy this DVD AND don't forget to watch the second season this fall on UPN--Wednesdays at 9pm. Veronica Mars epitomizes appointment television!

Living with the Passive-Aggressive Man:  Coping with Hidden Aggression - From the Bedroom to the Boardroom
Living with the Passive-Aggressive Man: Coping with Hidden Aggression - From the Bedroom to the Boardroom
by Scott Wetzler PhD
Price: $10.66
222 used & new from $0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars Not perfect but close..., July 29, 2003
I heard the term passive-aggressive last week and for some reason I decided to research it, if for no other reason, I wanted to get a better definition than what I had in my head. That led me to buying this book and I am so grateful to have found it. Two years ago I was involved with a man who also was a co-worker of mine. Though it wasn't the longest relationship I've had, it was by far the most painful. Even after I broke it off, I had to work with him. That was hideous. Fortunately, 6 months later I left to take another position and I haven't seen him since.
Even though two years have passed, I have continued to question what happened in our relationship. I knew that his behavior was irrational and abnormal but I could still never answer the questions of Why? and If I had done something differently, would that have made a difference? And because of reading this book, I now have a huge weight off my shoulders and feel vindicated.
The start of my relationship was like a fairy-tale but soon after it turned into the most heart-wrenching experience I have yet to encounter. I was tricked (by him, through countless romantic gestures) into thinking he was this great guy and when I complimented him or gushed over his admirable traits, he would tell me to stop putting him on a pedestal and from there he made every effort to prove to me he was undeserving of that kind of adulation. I loved him but I hated the way he treated me. I felt badly for his past and present experiences. He was a man with too many problems, many of which were not ones he initiated. It's sad and it's unfair. But in no way did this give him the right to treat me as he did. I can undertand him better now and hope that he continues to seek help from his therapist. And I can also rest easy, knowing that I tried as best as a non-professional can and that no matter how much I gave of myself or how much I did to make him open up and trust me, it was not my fault that he treated me as he did.
Finally, I am glad that I broke it off instead of trying what the author describes in this book. Relationships are difficult enough without trying to be your boyfriend's therapist besides his girlfriend. Everyone deserves a significant other who is kind, respectful and mindful of their feelings. If you are not with someone who can willingly be that kind of man, send him to therapy and send yourself onto someone who can!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 29, 2013 11:40 AM PST