Reviews

Customer Reviews: 60

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Reviews Written by A Customer RSS Feed
Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
Mortal Kombat Mythologies: Sub-Zero
Mortal Kombat Mythologies: Sub-Zero
Offered by SHARPEY MEDIA
Price: $299.99
11 used & new from $16.16

5.0 out of 5 stars The best action adventure game in the Mortal Kombat universe!!, December 30, 2011
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This is definitely my favorite action adventure MK game of all time. Especially this Playsation version that I'm reviewing. This is the last MK game to use the side scrolling 2D graphics. The player takes control of MK's popular fighter Sub-Zero before he enters the MK1 tournament. The story takes place some years before the MK 1 storyline were Sub-Zero is given certain tasks to do for every mission. In Short, Sub has a lot of special moves that the player has to earn throughout the game, the spine rip fatality when you finish certain bosses, (which will affect certain parts of the games story), combos, a variety of different levels that are fantastic both in looks and music, environmental traps, getting across platforms, the variety of enemies, the bosses, some familiar/classic MK bosses, and others that are completely new, and the climbing of different stories to get from one area to the next. The game has blood and gore as it should and it has full motion video cutscenes with real actors and realistic CGI backgrounds. This is definitely a great game that I recommend to any MK and/or Sub-Zero fan.

Mighty Morphin Power Rangers Green Ranger 3" Figure
Mighty Morphin Power Rangers Green Ranger 3" Figure
Offered by Monkeying Around
Price: $14.99
9 used & new from $10.44

5.0 out of 5 stars These original classics sure bring back great memories!!!, December 30, 2011
Back in 93' when I was in 2nd grade, the original Power Rangers show was my favorite. Watching them daily after school was my ritual. I look back and I still like the original (season 1 ONLY) episodes with the original cast. I liked all of the rangers, but the Green Ranger (Tommy) and the Black Ranger (Zack) were and STILL are my top two favorites. I was disappointed after season 1 ended and then a short time after that, some of the Rangers were replaced, so with that said, I ONLY like the 1st season with Tommy, Zack, Jason, Billy, Trini, and Kimberly. One mission priority of mine was making sure I got a Green Ranger figure and a Black Ranger one also. My aunt bought me this figure I'm reviewing and the Black Ranger figure from this same line. I got these 2 figures and was stoked. What I liked about them back then and like about them now is the way they were sculpted and painted. For a solid figurine that's about 3 inches tall, it's superb. They stand on platforms, they're posed with their signature weapons, they have their own poses, and the case they come in has the classic logo with the original drawings of the rangers at the bottom. What I love about these figures is that they capture every detail both mold wise and paint wise. They even look better than a lot of the original figures of the Power Rangers that were recently released and also these in my opinion looked better than the 8 inches plus PR figures that came out in the early 90's. This series of the original figures are very impressive. Why I gave these figures away in the 6th grade was beyond me and I wish I never have, but I found them again here on Amazon for a great price and bought them so I can own them once again and this time to keep them for life. Looking at the image of this figure is pretty self explanatory. He comes with his flute dagger that's painted all silver, his gold shield, the gold rings on his upper arms and at the top of his gloves and boots. His helmet's well painted to resemble the dragon image he represents. Other than that, he's just green and white. Thanks for reading.

4 Film Favorites: Superman (Superman II: Special Edition, Superman III: Deluxe Edition, Superman IV: Deluxe Edition, Superman, The Movie: Special Edition)
DVD ~ Christopher Reeve
Offered by Solo Enterprises
Price: $8.99
68 used & new from $1.64

5.0 out of 5 stars In memory of Christopher Reeve, December 28, 2011
Before I get into the films, I must say that I'm really not a big Superman fan. Not of the comics, other live action versions, cartoons, toys, videos games, and etc. I've never gotten into them and probably never will. All I know is enough of his origins, his background, and characteristics to say that he's an okay superhero. I DO however think that Christopher Reeve was an excellent actor and in my opinion, he IS Superman! He's what made Superman cool in my opinion. If it wasn't for Christopher Reeve playing the hero, I wouldn't even like Superman. I only like these 4 films and Superman because of Christopher Reeve. When I watch these films, I don't think of any version of Superman, except the one I see on the screen. All I think about is the fact that here's a great actor making a hero I normally wouldn't think is awesome, into an awesome and a very likable hero. Christopher Reeve plays the part perfectly. He was dedicated to the role, he has the perfect skills to play the perfect Clark Kent and Superman and the difference between them, he has the perfect look, and attitude in general. The plots of the movies and his performance mix together flawlessly. So I only like this version of Superman, no more, no less. So now that that's done, into the dvd set. This is a 2 disc set. Disc 1 is two sided with the first two films with some extra features and disc 2 is another two sided dvd disc with movies 3 and 4 and again with some extra stuff. The special effects were fantastic for their time and still hold up great even for todays standards, the music is great, the action is awesome, and the actors make it happen. It's almost like a separate Superman franchise in itself. If you like Christopher Reeve and Superman, just Superman, or if you're like me and you're not a Superman fan, but like Christopher Reeve, I very much recommend these 4 films. Even with the negative reviews about movies 3 and 4, I still say that in my opinion, compared to EVERYTHING else that is Superman related that Christopher Reeve is not involved in, movies 3 and 4 are superb. Thanks for reading.

Terminator 2 Series 3 > T-800 (Battle Across Time) Action Figure
Terminator 2 Series 3 > T-800 (Battle Across Time) Action Figure
Offered by CMYShop
Price: $29.99
12 used & new from $29.99

5.0 out of 5 stars A great addition to ones Terminator collection., December 5, 2011
I personally have never been to the actual Battle Across Time show at Universal Studios, but I've seen the full video on youtube and from what I saw it looked great. In fact, that's what T3 and T4 SHOULD'VE been! I liked how they gave Arnold his overall T2 look like he had towards the end of the T2 film when he had the black leather biker outfit with the gray shirt and black gloves, but with this look, he has his same iconic sunglasses that he had in the beginning of the T2 film. This figure comes with his shotgun that he had in the beginning of T2 and a plasma gun that he got from the Terminator 800 endoskeleton he killed in Battle Across Time. Other than that, this figure is pretty much the same mold and has the same articulation as the T2 T-800 Pescadero Escape figure. The only difference like I said earlier is that this Terminator has a gray shirt and black gloves. I would say that this figure by far is way better than McFarlane's Terminator 3 T-850 figure. The idea of Arnold's look in T3 was based off of his look from T2: B.A.T. except his T3 outfit was changed a bit design wise. This figure is a better pick than the T3 Arnold figure in my opinion both looks wise and because B.A.T. is great and T3 isn't. So pick up this figure if you're interested. It looks great, it's from a great show, and it's a great figure that I'd like to keep for life and to possibly conclude my Terminator collection with. Thanks for reading.

Neca 7 Inch Terminator Collection Series 2 Police Station Assault T-800 Action Figure
Offered by Amazing Comics
Price: $68.95
10 used & new from $44.99

5.0 out of 5 stars A wonderful addition., November 29, 2011
I decided to give in and get this great figure after all. It really is a great figure to own. When I saw it up close and personal, I decided that it's a must have. I really like the overall look to this Terminator figure. He may have a different shirt and jacket than what he had in the first half of the film, but he still has the Punked out look. Both heads come with the burned off eyebrows and the burned hair that made it more of a Punk hair cut. The leather jacket is a flexible plastic, very detailed, has a few gun shot holes from the Police shooting at him in the station during the massacre scene. He has the same pants and Punk boots that he did earlier in the film, which were also used over again from the Tech Noir figure, a plain gray shirt, and black gloves. This isn't really a Biker look at all. His outfit in T2 and T3 are what would definitely be considered Biker looks. Punk was big in the '80's and that's the look they were going for with Arnold throughout the entire film until he got burned to just being a machine. This is definitely a Punk look and a cool one I might add. Even though the jacket and the glasses inspired him to have the Biker look in the sequels, this was a Punk influenced look. The ONLY thing that I don't like about this figure is his head with the glasses. It's a very very minor gripe, but I didn't like the look of the glasses. They were too big and looked like big black squares covering his face. His sun glasses in T2 and T3 were the glasses that looked great on him. He should of had those in the first film instead, but it's all good. I gave the head with the glasses to my uncle. The alternate head is the permanent head that I will display this figure with, which is the head that has his damaged eye cut out with his metal eye exposed which was a classic scene that we Terminator fans know and love. There was a scene when Arnold had this Punk outfit on, but didn't have his glasses and that was when he was in his Motel room flipping through Sarah Connor's address book. This figure also comes with two guns. A shotgun and an Assault riffle. He can hold one, or the other, or both. The articulation is the same as the T-800 Tech Noir figure, it's well sculpted to great accuracy, highly detailed with the colors, designs, and facial expressions. I also understand that this is the last series of Arnold figures being made, so this figure puts great closure on this series of Arnolds. Get it! You won't be at all disappointed.

NECA - A Nightmare on Elm Street "Freddy Krueger" 7" Action Figure
NECA - A Nightmare on Elm Street "Freddy Krueger" 7" Action Figure
Offered by ToyWiz
Price: $46.99
9 used & new from $46.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Mortal Kombat 9 Freddy Krueger! I refuse to say that this is from the horrible 2010 remake!, September 10, 2011
So first off, I'm probably gonna get some weird responses to this review, but bottom line is that not only is this review to talk about the basics of the figure, but to explain why I like it even though I exclude the 2010 remake. As far as this figure goes, it's a well detailed, painted, and sculpted figure. It captures the likeness of the new Freddy character really well. Just like in the film, they captured every detail of his burnt face, his evil look that actually looks like a scary burn victim which was actually the only plus in the new film. If nothing else, the new Freddy look actually looks a lot more evil, demonic, and scary compared to the great Robert Englund (the REAL Freddy). He has the same red and green sweater, the fedora hat that is removable, his dark pants, work boots, and of course his razor glove which in this remake is a slightly different design, but has the overall similar look, especially with the 4 blades and leather glove. As far as the articulation goes, he has a ball jointed head, his feet can move, the wrists are ball jointed, waist slightly moves, shoulders can move, and the elbows are movable. He has two burnt heads. One has a closed mouth and the other has an open mouth. So that's it on this figure as far as the info and details go. So for my opinion about the film. I hate it. It's a terrible remake and nothing will ever make me like it. Yes the new Freddy look may be cool and better than his look in Wes Craven's New Nightmare, but that only makes the action figure look great. I didn't like the actor of the new Freddy at all. Especially in his human form. I thought Freddy's new background/history, what he was about, and what he did before he got killed and becoming the dream master was stupid. The story, plot, and how they ripped some scenes off from the original were excruciating. I strongly dislike the 2010 remake. I can go on and on. Fact is no one can replace Englund and the original Freddy films and what he was originally about. The only reasons I got this figure is not only does his new look, look cool, but also because this specific Freddy (look wise) is in the new Mortal Kombat game. They decided to add a 'Dream Realm' as a part of the many realms in the Mortal Kombat universe. I love MK and the fact that they made Freddy an official MK fighter and mixed his story in with the new MK game story was genius in my opinion. That is what really made me like the new Freddy. Not the horrible film, BUT the fact that he's now an official MK fighter with a story, fatalities, special moves, and etc. They even used some of the original Robert Englund Freddy story as the Mortal Kombat Freddy story. That I love and thats what made me get this figure seriously. As a Freddy and MK fan, I'm stoked. So those are literally the ONLY two reasons for buying this figure, his look, and his roll in the new Mortal Kombat game. I lost faith in the new MK games until they decided to make Freddy an official character, then it got entertaining. I felt they had the right idea to make a scary Freddy such as this one, but they screwed up on the movie and his background story so bad, that his roll in Mortal Kombat makes up for it. This is all my forever personal opinion. Hope you enjoyed this review. I know it's long and sorry for that, but I decided to write about the figure and my all out opinion. Thanks for reading.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 13, 2012 12:51 PM PST

The Nightmare on Elm Street Collection (New Line Platinum Series)
The Nightmare on Elm Street Collection (New Line Platinum Series)
DVD ~ Heather Langenkamp
Offered by Mediaflix
Price: $25.01
21 used & new from $8.96

5.0 out of 5 stars Get it!, August 24, 2011
I've been a Freddy fan since 11 and I was thrilled to have gotten this set. I got it back in 2007, but I just recently purchased the Neca Freddy figures from the ORIGINAL A Nightmare on Elm St. movies 1 and 2 so that made me decide to do a review on this set. I really like all of the Freddy movies except for Wes Craven's New Nightmare which is a pointless movie and isn't related at all to the series and I despise the God awful 2010 remake. I like the first two original Freddy films the best because he was really serious. He was cool in movies 3-6 and FvJ, but he was more comical as well as dangerous in those sequels, where in the first two he was way more on the serious side. Each dvd has basic features such as scene selection, 'Jump to a nightmare' which is being able to see only the kill/Freddy scenes, different audio options, audio commentaries, and a booklet. The extra dvd has documentaries about the characters, the making of the films, how Freddy was invented, and the ideas around him and what he does. Lastly the box set comes with 3D glasses for the 6th film Freddy's Dead: The Final Nightmare because you can views parts of that film in 3D and the glasses make it come to life. So That's the skinny on this set and if you love blood lust films, this is your set.

Mezco Toyz Cinema of Fear Series 3 Action Figure Jason (Friday The 13th Jason Goes to Hell)
Offered by Lost Alien Collectibles LLC
Price: $119.95
6 used & new from $109.95

5.0 out of 5 stars The best figure of Hells assassin from my favorite Friday film., July 31, 2011
I bought this figure back in 2008 and I'm back into the Jason franchise majorly which is why I decided to write a review on this great piece of art. I've always loved the JGTH version/look of the Crystal Lake killer the best. When I found this figure I was very fascinated with the way it was made, the way it looked, the accessories it comes with, and the fact that I got it for a less expensive price back in 08'. Mezco did a HELL (no pun intended) of a great job with this figure. No other Jason figure in the hockey mask can top this in my opinion. First off, the sculpt and the paint job are wonderful. Mezco captured his looks very accurately. They did his mask, his clothing, the rips in his clothing with his rotted flesh exposed, and the shape of him perfectly. It captures the movies likeness of him really well with the designs, sculpt, and paint job. The articulation I would say is the only thing that could have been sightly approved, but that in my opinion is a minor gripe. Only his upper half is articulated. His legs are not. He comes with his trademark machete, his evil demonic heart, the magic dagger that sent him to Hell, and the Jason Hell baby demon. All look very good and movie accurate. The dagger is fragile, but proper care will keep it in good shape. So that's really it on this figure. Definitely a major step up from McFarlanes version from the late 90's. This is again a wonderful figure and if you love Jason in general and/or specifically like Jason goes to Hell, get this figure. It'll make a wonderful addition to a Jason collection one might have.

JASON GOES TO HELL THE FINAL FRIDAY # 1-3 complete story (JASON GOES TO HELL THE FINAL FRIDAY (1993 TOPPS))
by ANDY MANGELLS
Edition: Comic

5.0 out of 5 stars Has to be the best movie to novel adaptation in existence., July 24, 2011
I just purchased this product and this has to be one of my favorite movie to comic adaptations I own. The ONLY other movie to comic book adaptations that I have that I like is the Batman (1989) movie to comic adaptation based on the Tim Burton movie staring Michael Keaton and Jack Nicholson and the crossover novel Darkman vs. Army of Darkness, which may have not been a movie, but both Darkman and Ash from Evil Dead and Army of Darkness were originally movie characters before comics were made of them. Those are the ONLY three comics that I like based on characters that started off as being portrayed in movies. Other than these three novels/comics, I'm not a fan of comics that are based on characters that started out on film. So with that said, I'll get into the books. I think that this comic series really stayed true to the film. I really loved the JGTH movie and I think the artists and the writers did an amazing job on this. This series is divided into three parts, part 1 came out in July of 1993, part 2, August of '93, and part 3, September of '93. They each have 32 pages. What I favor most about his comic series besides the spot on movie scenes, the colors, drawings, the dialog just like the film, and the blood and gore, is the fact that the deleted scenes that DIDN'T make it into the final cut of the film were added into these books. Also for those of you who have scene the film, if you remember that every time a person that was possessed by Jason would be next to a mirror, his refection would be Jason in the hockey mask instead of the reflection of the person Jason possesses. You didn't see much of that in the film, but in these novels, you see quite a lot of refections of Jason himself with his mask, rather he's by a mirror or a glass door, they show more of the reflection of Jason's original self in the books more than the film. That I liked because you got to see more of what Jason really looks like. Those are what I favor most about this series, but in general, it's all great in my opinion. That's really it about the books. There's additional stuff as well such as three JGTH trading cards that come with each book, 9 total, there's also two page interviews and facts about the film and the people involved, the cover of the first book is glow in the dark, and there's one page inside cover intros to the books. This item is very rare and I highly recommend it to any comic fan and/or Jason fans. I'm definitely pleased that I finally got this. Thanks for reading.

Terminator Series 1 Action Figure T800 The Terminator
Terminator Series 1 Action Figure T800 The Terminator

5.0 out of 5 stars Finally the original T-800 by Neca., July 19, 2011
Just like the T-1000 motorcycle cop collectable, this new T-800 figure caught me by surprise and man did I jump on buying it. I never thought I would see this figure released. From what I understand Neca's released this and the T-800 endoskeleton from the first film. Next wave is going to be the battle damaged version of this figure that I'm reviewing with the damaged arm and eye and the Police Station Assault T-800 that has his leather jacket, sun glasses, gray shirt, black gloves, the shotgun, machine gun, and alternate head with the robotic eye socket. Honestly, I looked at them thoroughly and I really don't care for them because truth is, I have all the Arnold/T-800 figures that I really like and this wonderful figure completes my T-800 collection. This is the T-800 that we Terminator fans were introduced to. This is the guy from the beginning of the original film. This is the very first appearance of Arnold as the Terminator and in my opinion, no other Terminator (1984) figure can top this! This figure was well worth purchasing. It's a perfect replica of what you saw in the film. He has the perfectly sculpted young 1984 Arnold face, his longish hair with his parted bangs, his punk clothing, his laser pointer .45 and his Uzi 9mm. What better original/first appearance T-800 Arnold can one ask for? The articulation is the same as all the other Arnold figures from Neca. He has a flexible plastic jacket with all of the details that you saw in the film including the realistic silver studs on the upper back and the right elbow like in the film . He has his fingerless biker gloves, his tight pants, his slightly tall combat punk boots, and his black '80's t-shirt with the designs. Also his jacket has that chain on the left shoulder sleeve that's made of real metal. He comes with an extra left hand for holding one of his guns. His primary left hand is a solid fist. So that's really it on the figure. The only things you might consider being careful with is the guns because they can be a little fragile. Definitely stoked to get the original punkd-out Arnold T-800 from Neca. I was happy to have completed my T-800 collection with this. This is a must buy, especially if you love the original Terminator. From what I researched there's nothing more Neca can make when it comes to the T-800 and I also heard that Neca will not make collectables from T3 and T4. Hopefully this review helped. I highly recommend it.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6