Profile for Leslie M. > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 9

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Leslie M. RSS Feed

No Bull Beauty: Cutting Through The Crap
No Bull Beauty: Cutting Through The Crap
Price: $9.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Engaging, Funny and Informative - A MUST Read!, October 14, 2013
I've read countless books on beauty over the years, trying to sift through the rhetoric and shenanigans that skincare manufacturers place on their labels. I believe it's purposefully misleading in order to confuse consumers. This is the first book I read that gave me the tools to go to my medicine cabinet and toss the crap that's in there in favor of the natural products I long for. I'm a vegetarian and don't want artificial chemicals, preservatives and garbage in my skin care. No Bull Beauty is written for the consumer! It's easy to understand without being watered down. Sheryl Lynn Gibbs is hilarious and knowledgeable.

I have the Kindle edition of No Bull Beauty: Cutting Through The Crap and I've already referred to this book when purchasing three new beauty products. ALL THREE went back on the shelf! I refuse to buy the products now that I know what the ingredients are. I'll be referring to No Bull Beauty before making any skin care purchases in store or online from now on!

Balmers Monkey Balm, Organic Sea Buckthorn Eczema Remedy Balm, 2-ounce
Balmers Monkey Balm, Organic Sea Buckthorn Eczema Remedy Balm, 2-ounce
Offered by Balmers
Price: $11.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Nothing protects My Little Guy's skin better than Monkey Balm, January 8, 2013
I have two sticks of Monkey Balm, one for My Little Guy's little bottom and another for the rest of his body. It's convenient and nothing soothes his irritated skin better! I really like using an all natural product because the baby's skin is so sensitive. Monkey Balm applies so easily and I can smooth it right in if need be. And the nice thing is I can toss the convenient stick right in my diaper bag or purse when we are on the run.

The baby loves the label, which features a cute little monkey and because Monkey Balm is so mild it never burns or stings when applied. Now when the baby has chapped lips or an "owie" he askes for for "Monkey Bon" by name!

Nothing heals diaper rash faster than Monkey Balm. Psst, it contains sea buckthorn oils, one of my favorite ingredients!!! GREAT product, that's why I always have two. :)

The Skin Regime: Boot Camp for Beautiful Skin
The Skin Regime: Boot Camp for Beautiful Skin
by Dana Ramos
Price: $10.76
30 used & new from $2.99

5.0 out of 5 stars 5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful Skin CAN be yours! Dana Ramos unlocked the code!, December 29, 2012
Are you ever confused when shopping online or at the beauty counters at the fancy department stores? Are you seduced by fancy bottles and expensive ingredients that look great in the store but don't deliver the stellar results the lady behind the counter swore they would? The brochures with the latest ingredients from "Lord knows where" that promise me the moon and swear they'll have my face as smooth as a baby's behind by next week always intrigue me and rope me in! But thanks to The Skin Regime: Boot Camp for Beautiful Skin I no longer feel the need to pay a fortune to look like a million!

Dana Ramos, Author of The Skin Regime: Boot Camp for Beautiful Skin caught my eye a few months ago when I saw her on Dr. Drew on Call on HLN. Under Dana's guidance, "The Tanning Mom", Patricia Krentcil has repaired her dry, leathery, weather beaten skin and today thanks to Dana and The Skin Regime: Boot Camp for Beautiful Skin, she looks gorgeous and might I add 20+ years younger!

The first thing I do after I get out of the shower and pop in my contact lenses is apply makeup. Yes, every single day. Let me tell you right off the bat Dana states right in the beginning of her book that she wasn't blessed with gorgeous skin. It took her years to figure out how to remedy the skin issues she was plagued with. She unlocked `the code' and the truth is anyone can have beautiful skin, whatever his or her age and it doesn't have to cost a fortune!

If you follow the steps outlined in The Skin Regime you can expect great results in six-twelve weeks. I just started and I'm already noticing some great changes in my skin and it's only been two short weeks! The texture of my skin has improved and I've noticed a pretty glow that wasn't there before the holidays! You do not need expensive products to get these results! Dana outlines the easy steps, including safe, do-it-yourself peels that contain glycolic acid, which is in a nutshell an ideal way to get beautiful skin although not the only way.

The Skin Regime needs to be followed carefully and requires time between the peels. Be patient and you will be rewarded with glowing, beautiful skin that you will be able to maintain at home! If you're tired of dull, uneven skin with large pores and fine lines The Skin Regime: Boot Camp for Beautiful Skin can and will make a huge difference in your skin! I'm excited to see how my skin will look after the full 12 weeks!

I have received a copy of The Skin Regime to facilitate my review.

VTech Switch & Go Dinos - Brok the Brachiosaurus Dinosaur
VTech Switch & Go Dinos - Brok the Brachiosaurus Dinosaur
Price: $35.31
44 used & new from $29.99

5.0 out of 5 stars VTech Switch & Go Dinos ~ See `Em In Action, September 22, 2012
My Little Guy loves toys that provide lots of action and allow him to transform the toy from one thing to another. And the more action packed the toy is the better. Maybe it's a little guy thing! I've been the mom of girls so long I'm just now getting used to, and loving action packed boy's toys that transform from prehistoric dinosaurs to full-fledged vehicles! You bet I'm talking about VTech Switch & Go Dinos! You know a toy is awesome when it gets Gramma & Grampa down on the floor to check out the action!

The thing that I love about Switch & Go Dinos is that there is a toy to fit every budget. Let's face it; we can't all drop 50 bucks for a toy. You don't have to. This collection ranges from $15.99 to $49.99 which is quite affordable for what the Switch & Go Dinos do and how durable they are.

My Little Guy's is crazy for anything with an engine; cars, airplanes, trucks boats! They are his favorite toys. He's just now getting interested in dinosaurs! So what could be more perfect than a 2-in-1 toy that combines two of his favorites? Switch & Go Dinos are a collection of seven sturdy toys from VTech that changes from dinosaur to vehicle and back with a few easy maneuvers.

Psst.. the kids will show you how. And each Dino features neat sound effects, LCD customizable screen and more! My Little Guy enjoys Switch & Go Dinos because they provide him with so much to do he never gets bored!

When the Switch & Go Dinos are in Dino mode kids are learning interesting dinosaur facts when they press the various action buttons on the Dino so it's not only a fun and engaging toy, it's also educational.

Switch & Go Dinos - Brok the Brachiosaurus is Hubby and my Little Guy's new obsession. Brok transforms from a ginormous car carrier complete with race car launching Pterodactyl which my Little Guy thinks is hilarious to a Brachiosaurus. I have to admit it took me about 20 minutes to figure out how to transform this Dino from Car Carrier to Dino and back again. Hubby and the baby mastered it in five minutes. That's men for you!
Electronic Control Panel on the top of Brok The Brachiosaurus features an action button which moves the neck in Dino mode and turns the lights on in carrier mode. Press the talk button to hear more than 80 neat facts, educational phrases and sounds about the Brachiosaurus like, "I'm large and in charge!" or "The name Brachiosaurus means arm-lizard." There's also a volume button which saves battery power if you keep the sound turned toward the low end.
Brok also features an animated LCD screen face that can be customized with a push of a button. In Carrier mode My Little Guy gets to choose his driver, in Dino mode he can change Brok's eyes. Brock The Brachiosaurus Switch & Go Dino requires 4 AA Batteries. This is such a fabulous toy and keeps my little one occupied for hours. Great for a rainy afternoon or when the weather is too cold to play outdoors.
The VTech Switch & Go Dino Brok The Brachiosaurus along with two other Switch & Go Dinos are toys my 3 year old really loves! I give `em two thumbs up!

I have received VTech Switch & Go Dinos to facilitate my review.

VTech InnoTab 2 Learning App Tablet - White
VTech InnoTab 2 Learning App Tablet - White
Offered by REALLYGREATDEALS4U
Price: $81.31
27 used & new from $9.99

5.0 out of 5 stars VTech InnoTab 2 Learning App Tablet ~ Built For Learning. Inpired By Fun, September 5, 2012
My daughter had an iPad. Had is the operative word in that sentence. You see, she allowed My Little Guy to play with it when he was a baby and he accidentally dropped it on the tile floor, smashing the screen. Good-bye iPad. Hello InnoTab 2, which is developed and created especially for children! In fact their motto is "Built for learning. Inspired by fun." The InnoTab 2 is every bit as exciting to My Little Guy as the iPad but it's kid-sized, customized and age appropriate for him!

Because we already own the VTech® MobiGo® 2, setting up the InnoTab 2 multi-media tablet was easy. I already had the Learning Lodge Navigator installed on my computer. I simply had to connect the InnoTab 2 to my computer and choose the 2 Free Downloadable Apps that were included!

Hubby and I were impressed with all the features on the InnoTab 2, especially the NEW rotatable digital camera and video recorder that allow kids to snap pictures and videos of friends, family, themselves and the world around them! My Little Guy loves to snap photos of himself, the cat and me with the special effects. He gets the biggest kick out of that. The video recorder is also a huge hit with My Little Guy. I've deleted quite a few from his InnoTab 2 already. He knows how to capture those memories; he just doesn't know how to delete the 5 and 6 second videos of my shoes yet!

VTech InnoTab 2 Learning App Tablet with 5" touch screen has so many wonderful features! And the neat thing is you customize it for your child. In addition, this same tablet that starts with your child at the age of 3 will grow with them for many years! My Little Guy is just 3 so I searched the VTech Learning Lodge Navigator(tm) for games that were age appropriate for him. I wanted something that would reinforce numbers and healthy eating. So I downloaded a fun foods game. You and your child choose what to add and remove from the Inno Tab 2!

InnoTab 2 Features Include

*NEW rotatable digital camera and video recorder
*2GB onboard memory and expandable SD card slot available to accommodate SD cards up to 32GB (SD card not included)
*5" color touch screen with tilt sensor - The InnoTab 2 is small enough for travel and large enough to enjoy the tilting, twisting, turning action of exciting interactive games. It's not a huge deal for little ones but the images are crisp and clear and large enough for me to read, which is a huge plus when we are reading from the E-Reader.
*InnoTab 2 comes with 12 onboard Apps, including: Tools and Media Player, E-Reader, Games, Art Studio, Notes, MP3 Player, Calculator, Friends, Clock and Calendar.
*Includes 2 Free Downloadable Apps - So affordable and when you register your InnoTab 2 you'll receive occasional emails for discounts at Club VTech.
*Suggested Retail Price ~ $79.99, same as the original model.

More than 200 additional apps, including games, e-books and much more that teach kids reading, logic and creativity are available for download at the VTech Learning Lodge Navigator(tm).

I have received a VTech InnoTab 2 to facilitate my review.

VTech MobiGo 2 Touch Learning System - Orange
VTech MobiGo 2 Touch Learning System - Orange
Price: $32.31
43 used & new from $18.99

5.0 out of 5 stars VTech MobiGo 2 Touch Learning System ~ Because Learning Never Stops!, August 20, 2012
The beauty of all of VTech's products is that they span a large age range. The MobiGo 2 is ideal for children 3-8. With more than 100 cartridges and downloadable apps, which are purchased separately, this product is going to keep My Little Guy engaged and interested for years to come!

My Little Guy recently came to live with us. I've been buying him toys and products that will enrich his mind and help him to develop all of his basic learning skills. The MobiGo 2 is the perfect on-the-go touch learning system! When our MobiGo 2 Box arrived the baby and I were both excited to open that box and get started playing! I was happy to learn that 3 free downloads were included! Woot! Lots of fun accessories are available and sold separately.

The MobiGo 2 has a lot of great features that allow My Little Guy to play and learn independently which keeps him occupied in the car, when we're at appointments and when we're out and about.

* Motion Games - My Little Guy intuitively knows to tilt the MobiGo 2 to control games which we downloaded and cartridges we've purchased. This is wonderful for his fine motor development and it's tons of fun! The motion sensor provides a dimension of play that most learning systems just don't have.
* Touch Learning Screen - Because My Little Guy has been using an iPad he understand the concept of drag, drop and tap. The color-rich graphics on the MobiGo 2 are visually appealing and keep him interested and motivated to learn!
* Keyboard Games - My Little Guy is learning to spell and already knows the alphabet. QWERTY keyboard helps kids become familiar with a keyboard layout. With so many downloadable apps and games to choose from, learning to read and write is just a matter of time!
* Sound Activated Games - This is the baby's favorite feature! The built in microphone provides lots of laughs! Blow into the microphone to move objects, blow off dust, or see special effects. You can speak into the microphone to give commands too. You must be quite close to the microphone or it will not activate, just a little tip.
* Download Apps - The MobiGo 2 comes with a Learning Lodge Navigator(tm) Installation CD. Downloading to my computer was easy. The hard part was deciding which 3 free downloads we wanted. The Learning Lodge Navigator is successfully installed on my computer desktop. I can log on anytime, purchase games or apps for the MobiGo 2 or other VTech devices which are very reasonably priced and check the progress log which shows me how My Little Guy is doing academically. More than 80 other apps are available for download at the VTech Learning Lodge Navigator(tm) .
* Photo Viewer - Tag photos, apply fun effects with microphone and add special effects.
* E-Reader - E-books sold separately. Can't wait to download a few!
* Sound-activated Games and Cartridges utilize motion control play. The cartridges are fun to play, age appropriate and I've already purchased a few.
* Creative Games - Another of My Little Guy's favorites! He loves to color, draw and create beautiful artwork on the MobiGo 2.
My Little Guy is almost 3 so he is at the young end of the age range for the MobiGo 2 and he loves it. The size is perfect for slipping in my purse or diaper bag and I always have it handy now when My Little Guy gets antsy or bored when we're out and about. Meals out are super pleasant now. If the baby finishes before we do and he becomes bored I simply hand him his MobiGo 2 and he's super excited to play his favorite games!
If I get stuck in traffic and I sense a melt down about to happen I simply hand over the MobiGo 2 and let the learning begin! You see, My Little Guy is one smart cookie and he gets bored when he has nothing to do. The MobiGo 2 keeps his mind active and his little fingers busy when we're on-the-go.

I have received VTech MobiGo 2 to facilitate my review.

Hoover Max Extract 60 Pressure Pro Carpet Deep Cleaner, FH50220
Hoover Max Extract 60 Pressure Pro Carpet Deep Cleaner, FH50220
Price: $188.00
30 used & new from $130.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Two Thumbs Up For The Hoover MaxExtract-60 Carpet Cleaner, July 29, 2012
My house was new 13 years ago with beige carpet throughout. Over time the carpet has become "dingy" looking even though professional cleaning was done several years ago. With an obsession to vacuum every day and sometimes twice a day during holidays and family visits I thought my carpets were clean but just worn and otherwise in good condition.

After 10+ years there are "high traffic area" paths set into the carpet and some staining has occurred as well. Just in time before I drive myself into an OCD crazed stupor, I have a new Hoover Max Extract® 60 Pressure Pro(tm) Carpet Deep Cleaner.

I've been tempted to purchase a carpet cleaning machine or even rent one from the grocery store but never have for many reasons. Hiring a professional is so much easier but very costly. Renting a machine puts a dirty machine that has been who knows where in the middle of your home - and will it clean anyway....Will it do the job? Buying a home machine is an expense but "will it work" is the big question.

The Hoover Max Extract® 60 Pressure Pro(tm) Carpet Deep Cleaner has changed my opinion of the value of purchasing a home unit. Let's face it; your carpets are an investment in your home. Carpet is expensive to replace and continued cleaning is necessary for the long life and fine look of good carpet. With the Hoover Max Extract 60, cleaning the carpet is efficient and the results are nothing short of miraculous.

I must say, I was shocked at how much dirt came up out of my carpet. I vacuum the rugs everyday and change the vacuum bags regularly to ensure efficient cleaning. So you can imagine my shock when the color the water from the carpet cleaning was really dirty, which tells me how great this machine works!

Cleaning the carpet isn't hard but does take time and practice to master the technique of "wash, rinse, and dry". Out of the box the machine was assembled in about 5 minutes with a screwdriver. (Thanks Hubby!) The next step is to fill the water tank with the hottest tap water and cleaning solution in the detergent reservoir. The machine came with a bottle of Hoover 2X concentrate carpet cleaning solution but I purchased another product at the store already and it does a great job too. Next I familiarized myself with the instructions and was ready to tackle the master bedroom which is a 19x14.

Starting in the far corner of the room working towards the door and master bath, the room took about an hour with several tanks of hot water. At first the waste water was gray and cloudy for the part of the room which is not high traffic. The latter part of the task was the high traffic area at the door which had a worn circular path leading to the adjacent master bath. I really didn't think that area would come clean. The waste water from that area really proved the results. It was murky, dirty, and dark brown! But, the worn path is gone and the carpet has a new luster and soft, luxurious feel. I'm amazed. The carpet looks fresh, clean, and feels fluffy again, almost like new. And my home even smells springtime fresh!

The cleaning process is easy to master after making a couple of runs across the floor. Press the red power button to activate the machine. Squeeze the trigger to deliver wash while pushing the machine, return back the same path. Wash again the same path or set to rinse and rinse with the hot water. The machine has a single switch to deliver either cleaner and water (Wash) or just water (Rinse). A couple of runs with just suction pulls the dirty water out of the carpet with force.

When no water is seen entering the waste tank you're ready to clean the next section. With a full tank of water and detergent the unit weighs 33 lbs. A full reservoir of detergent cleaned 324 sq.ft. of carpet. One tank full of water cleaned 44 sq ft. The water and waste tanks are made of thick, clear, acrylic so you can see how much water, detergent, and waste are on board. You can also see how efficiently the suction pulls water out of the carpet into the waste tank. When the waste tank is full, a float in the tank shuts off the suction and the motor speeds up alerting it's time to empty. Just press the red power button to turn off the machine, pull the waste tank off the machine, bring to a sink, and open the cap on the pour spout to pour out the contents. Beware; you will be shocked by what you see!

For tight spot areas and for upholstery cleaning, there is a hand tool that attaches to a generous length (9 Ft) of hose on the machine. I found the hand tool to be very useful with powerful suction and brush bristles to help scrub an area clean. After cleaning the bedroom carpet I waited several hours to vacuum because to be honest, I'm a tad OCD about keeping my carpets clean. (I have a little one running around the house!) After vacuuming the carpet looked beautiful.

Clean up was easy peasy! The waste tank has a release clamp that allows separation of the tank in two parts. This allows for thorough rinsing of the waste tank and the level sensing float inside the tank. I can imagine with consistent use the tank may get "grungy". Being able to get inside the tank and scrub with a cleaning brush and some eco-friendly cleaner will help to eliminate odors. There is a rubber gasket that seals the two parts of the waste tank together to ensure there is no leaking waste while on board or carrying to the sink to empty.

After using the machine the first time for what I thought would be the most challenging high traffic area of my home I'm amazed enough to confidently give this product high marks for ease of use, efficiency, and effectiveness. Best of all I did it myself. The cost of the Hoover Max Extract® 60 Pressure Pro(tm) Carpet Deep Cleaner is less then having the carpets professionally cleaned just once and I'll have the machine to use again and again and again!

I received a sample of this product to facilitate my review, but my opinions are entirely my own.

Everythingland Caution Mythical Creatures Silly Signs
Everythingland Caution Mythical Creatures Silly Signs
Offered by Metamorphic Toys
Price: $25.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Silly Signs! A fun way to personalize a childs room!, May 21, 2012
My Little Guy is only 21/2 but he is already starting to read. The Everythingland Silly Signs was perfect for him. Includes everything you need to create a sign, which looks adorable in a child's room. Of course Hubby and I helped him since he is so young but this is a project older kids will have fun doing on their own. 3 Reversible Place Cards are included. Be a little patient because the base is a tad tricky to insert into the base. It fits, just takes a minute to slide it on.

Cute toy!

HALO ComfortLuxe 2 Piece Set Flannel, Blue Dino, 3T
HALO ComfortLuxe 2 Piece Set Flannel, Blue Dino, 3T
Offered by BabyEarth
Price: $9.95
3 used & new from $9.95

5.0 out of 5 stars HALO ComfortLuxe! Fabulous items for children!, April 12, 2011
If your child has sensitive skin, tends to be sweaty or your home fluctuates in temperature. ComfortLuxe are the products for you. They are light, breathable and absolutely adorable! Sizes are spot on and the quality is top notch. They wash and dry beautifully too!