Profile for Mary Jane G. Ferriols > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 28

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Mary Jane G. Ferriols RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
In the Gloaming
In the Gloaming
by Alice Elliott Dark
105 used & new from $0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars In It!, December 29, 2002
This review is from: In the Gloaming (Hardcover)
I bought this book from Amazon.com's recommendations and I was not sorry at all that I did.
The title story itself is moving and touching as it deals with a mother's experience as she slowly loses her son to AIDS. Dark's manner of narration is rich and vivid. As I was reading, I could not help but be involved in the mother's heart-wrenching struggle in trying to ease whatever pain her son was experiencing.
The other stories were equally beautifully-written as it tugs at the reader's emotions.
If there is one book to read during a retreat or while on vacation, this one is it.

Black Coffee
Black Coffee
Offered by msocta
Price: $9.99
26 used & new from $0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars With Cream!, October 26, 2000
This review is from: Black Coffee (Audio CD)
I can't get enough of Black Coffee!
It has a unique, hi-fidelity, techno-pop mix. Reminiscent of Pure Shores. (No wonder it is no.1)
Great CD, it will wow you!

Winnie the Pooh - Sing a Song With Pooh Bear [VHS]
Winnie the Pooh - Sing a Song With Pooh Bear [VHS]
VHS
Offered by thebookgrove
Price: $4.27
89 used & new from $0.92

5.0 out of 5 stars Sensational!, October 16, 2000
This Pooh Video Sing Along is perfect for entertaining kids. My 2 year old daughter loves this and never gets tired singing to "The Kangaroo Hop", "Winnie the Pooh", etc. The tunes are catchy and danceable. In fact, my daughter sings AND dances to the music!
My personal favorite is "The Wonderful Thing About Tiggers", fast and lively! I've almost memorized this song.
Recommended for kids 2 to 92!

Winnie the Pooh: Happy Pooh Day [VHS]
Winnie the Pooh: Happy Pooh Day [VHS]
VHS
Offered by VHS movies for your VCR
Price: $8.84
33 used & new from $0.46

4.0 out of 5 stars Happy Viewing!, October 16, 2000
My daughter and I had fun watching Happy Pooh Day, her first Pooh video.
The first story is April Pooh wherein Pooh, Piglet, Tigger, Rabbit become "victims" of tricks played on them. Rabbit suddenly thinks he grew a giant carrot, while Piglet thinks that Pooh's house is under water. Meanwhile, Pooh's Hunny is super sticky and suddenly Tigger looks different!
The other two stories, Tigger Got Your Tongue and The Wise Have It also deal with the fun adventures of Pooh and the gang.
Pooh is still our favorite huggable bear! Enjoyable and fun!

Are You My Mother? (Beginner Books)
Are You My Mother? (Beginner Books)
by Philip D. Eastman
Price: $6.24
777 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Yes, I am!, October 13, 2000
This book is perfect for toddlers who are just starting to appreciate illustrations. It tells of a young bird searching for his mom and asking each animal he meets, "Are you my mother?"
Kids can easily relate to the young bird's quest for his mom. He meets a kitten, a hen, a dog, a cow and a snort only to find out that his mom just got food for him and came back for him in their nest! The illustrations are simple, realistic and fun to look at.
A story with a valuable lesson: The importance of the mother-child bonding which transcends all beings in the animal kingdom.

Born to Do It
Born to Do It
137 used & new from $0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars Watch out for him!, October 10, 2000
This review is from: Born to Do It (Audio CD)
Craig David will surely make it big! "Fill Me In" and "Rewind" are getting lots of airplay here in Manila. These are just two of his songs, and he is already one of the most requested artists!
His music has a unique twist, in his rapping and the way he delivers his songs.
I think he will be the male version of Madonna, in terms of popularity and variety of songs.

Rock DJ
Rock DJ
86 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Rockin' Robbie!, October 10, 2000
This review is from: Rock DJ (Audio CD)
One of the best songs I've heard. Catchy tune (stays in your head after awhile), upbeat tempo, and most especially, A GREAT (and Surprise!) VIDEO!
(Why does he have to remove ALL his clothes, though?)

Thong Song
Thong Song
49 used & new from $0.01

3.0 out of 5 stars Neutral, October 10, 2000
This review is from: Thong Song (Audio CD)
I am just neutral about this song (or the Thong Song for that matter). First, I don't get the lyrics. The beat is fun, though. Second, what is a thong song?
Anyways, I think Sisqo made this just for fun. I don't really like it and I don't really hate it. Whenever it's played, I just listen, and until now, I am still ambiguous about this song.

Jumpin Jumpin / Upside Down
Jumpin Jumpin / Upside Down
Offered by cdgiveaways
Price: $3.87
69 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Upbeat!, October 10, 2000
I like the tempo of this song! It makes me want to go clubbing or go hang out with friends.

Incomplete/Thong Song
Incomplete/Thong Song
Offered by Customer Direct
Price: $4.00
112 used & new from $0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars Complete!, October 10, 2000
This review is from: Incomplete/Thong Song (Audio CD)
Easy to sing along to, nice lyrics, mushy but good listening. Go, Sisquo!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3