Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it PME Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro
Profile for L. A. > Reviews

Browse

L. A.'s Profile

Customer Reviews: 12

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

L. A. RSS Feed (Richardson, TX USA)

Page: 1 | 2
Kay's Naturals Protein Chips, Chili Nacho Cheese, 1.2 ounces (Pack of 6)
Kay's Naturals Protein Chips, Chili Nacho Cheese, 1.2 ounces (Pack of 6)
Price: $5.83
32 used & new from $5.83

5.0 out of 5 stars So good!, January 29, 2016
I'm not a sweets craving kind of person. I love salty crunchy snacks, but since I went on a low carb lifestyle, I have given up chips and crackers and sometimes it's really tough. But these chips are so good, they satisfy every salty crunchy craving, and with 12 grams of protein, they really fill me up, so I don't over indulge! I highly recommend!

Galaxy S6 Case, Case4fun [Kickstand] Samsung Galaxy S6 Case Wallet [Wallet S] Premium Leather Slim Flip Cover Folio Case for Galaxy S6 / Galaxy SVI
Offered by BRAND CENTER
2 used & new from $12.88

5.0 out of 5 stars So practical and cute, too!, June 15, 2015
Cute case and so incredibly practical. It does have the words "Case4fun" embossed in the lower right hand corner of the front face of the case, but I guess that's okay. This case is solid, well made, nice looking and affordable! What else could you ask for. I love that I can keep my access card for work, my debit card and my drivers license all together with my phone so I'm not scrambling around every morning trying to make sure I have all those things, especially when I change wallets or purses. Handy side pocket for receipts or cash, so when I have my phone, I have everything I need for the day. The card reader at work can read my access card through the case, too, so I don't have to take it out of the case to get in the garage or the office.

Boeing-Boeing
Boeing-Boeing
DVD
Price: $2.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Two Stars, March 21, 2015
This review is from: Boeing-Boeing (Amazon Video)
Ugh, the movie barely resembles the play.

Bedford Home Claridge Embroidered Shower Curtain with Grommets
Bedford Home Claridge Embroidered Shower Curtain with Grommets
Price: $25.80
2 used & new from $22.95

4.0 out of 5 stars but it is perfect for the bathroom I needed it for, March 21, 2015
Not as long as I thought, but it is perfect for the bathroom I needed it for. I love the grommets and not having to buy hooks.

Doctor In The Kitchen Flackers Flax Seed Crackers, Savory, 5-Ounce
Doctor In The Kitchen Flackers Flax Seed Crackers, Savory, 5-Ounce
Price: $3.98
14 used & new from $3.98

4.0 out of 5 stars These are so good when you are missing crackers and such, March 21, 2015
These are so good when you are missing crackers and such. They have a strong flavor, so whatever you might dip them in or eat on them might not taste the same. i personally liked the flavor of them by their self.

Nutritious Living Hi-Lo Cereal, Vanilla Almond, 10-Ounce
Nutritious Living Hi-Lo Cereal, Vanilla Almond, 10-Ounce
Price: $11.13
8 used & new from $5.79

5.0 out of 5 stars yummm-o!, March 21, 2015
So good, I was surprised! I expected this to be much worse tasting, considering it was so low in carbs, but it is quite tasty! I had missed cereal for so long being on a low carb diet, so this stuff started my day off with a smile!

Perky Jerky Gluten Free More Than Just Original Beef Jerky, 2.2 Ounce
Perky Jerky Gluten Free More Than Just Original Beef Jerky, 2.2 Ounce
Price: $8.78
7 used & new from $5.45

2.0 out of 5 stars Two Stars, March 21, 2015
I did not care for the texture or the taste.

Europa Report
Europa Report
DVD
Price: $2.99

5.0 out of 5 stars At Long Last Realism, August 10, 2013
This review is from: Europa Report (Amazon Video)
If you liked 2001, A Space Odyssey, and Apollo 13, then this movie will complete your trilogy of realistic spaces movies to love. I am weary of the "green screen spectacular" and this low budget, but very human adventure fits in a vast void left by the major studios. The editing is a little jerky for my tastes but I'm sure to many it will be viewed as "edgy". Nevertheless, this is one I will buy and watch from time to time. Real people in a contemporary spacecraft just dealing with dangers which come along with deep space flight without warp drive. I enjoyed it very much.

Price: $13.99
28 used & new from $8.35

4.0 out of 5 stars Something Borrowed Something Blue, July 25, 2004
Fans of old Genesis (I mean OLD Genesis) rejoice. Long followed in the UK, and via imports in the US, IQ makes their first American release in over a decade with the aptly named "Dark Matter". With a set of keyboards purchased from a Tony Banks yard sale, IQ presents a rebirth, or for their fans, a continuation of the "keyboards mixed forward" feel that made household names of guys like Rick Wakeman. Lush sounds straight off your old records leap out at you, including string and flute melotrons, 70's era sound effects, Leslie organ speakers, and did I hear an ARP? The keyboards are complimented by cleanly played drums, and bass, with lyrical, multi-tracked, harmonized, high-sustain guitars soaring overhead. The rapid meter changes and transitions in feel demanded by this project are handled with aplomb. Very nicely done. A couple of songs kind of beat you over the head with repetitive odd meter, but that's a small thing. By and large, the project is very well written, played and produced with excellent musicianship on display throughout. The vocalist reminds me of a young Peter Gabriel, only less smoky and more on key. This guy has a nice set of pipes. Very enjoyable to listen to.

This is a themed project, all about the end of the world, and/or death and loss in general, and/or war and its associated tragedy. So try not to play it first thing in the morning, or just after the end of a relationship. The Lyrics take the form of broken poetry in the grand tradition of progressive rock. The brooding, ethereal, circular words only transition abruptly into straight prose at one juncture, when, during the 24 minute title song, "Harvest of Souls", they take a big sarcastic poke at the United States in plain English. After several listens, you realize that pretty much the whole 25 or so minutes is devoted to a big poke at the United States. It seems an odd move from a purely business perspective. But IQ is obviously entitled to their opinion, and I certainly support their right to dissent and to sing about it. It's what makes our two countries great. So, I'll not toss this CD in the landfill with the Dixie Chicks.

Overall, I give Harvest of Souls a solid B+. It is well played, but lacks originality. You will hear the war music from Yes's classic, The Gates of Delirium, and passages sounding just like Genesis' "Blood on the Rooftops", and tiny, much less obvious "borrowed" licks, sounds, and passages abound. IQ does not seem concerned with moving the art form forward. They could be called, "The Prog Rock Preservation Society." But if you are a fan of progressive rock, particularly, the sound pioneered by Genesis, you will get a big kick out of this one. Welcome back to America, IQ. All the best to you.

Price: $13.99
28 used & new from $8.35

4.0 out of 5 stars Must Buy for Prog Fans, July 8, 2004
And then there were five. Fans of old Genesis (I mean OLD Genesis) rejoice. Now IQ releases a CD in the US. Long followed in the UK, and via imports in the US, IQ makes their American debut with the aptly named "Dark Matter". With a set of keyboards purchased from a Tony Banks yard sale, IQ presents a rebirth, or for their fans, a continuation of the "keyboards mixed forward" feel that made household names of guys like Tony Banks and Rick Wakeman. Lush sounds straight off your old records leap out at you, including string and flute melotrons, 70's era sound effects, Leslie organ speakers, and did I hear an ARP? The keyboards are complimented nicely by very cleanly played drums, bass, and guitar. The bass and drums really place a solid footing on things. The rapid meter changes and transitions in feel demanded by this project are handled with aplomb. Very nicely done. A couple of songs kind of beat you over the head with repetitive odd meter, but that's a small thing. By and large, the project is very well written, played and produced with excellent musicianship on display throughout. The vocalist reminds me of a young Peter Gabriel, only less smoky and more on key. This guy has a nice set of pipes. Very enjoyable to listen to.
This is a themed project, all about the end of the world, and/or death in general, and/or war and its associated tragedy. So try not to play it first thing in the morning, or after the death of a pet, or just after the end of a relationship. The Lyrics take the form of well written, yet obscure poetry in the grand tradition of progressive rock. The brooding, ethereal, circular words only transition abruptly into straight prose at one juncture, when, during the 24 minute title song, "Harvest of Souls", they take a big sarcastic poke at the United States in plain English. It seems an odd move from a purely business perspective. But IQ is obviously entitled to their opinion, and I certainly support their right to decent and to sing about it. It's what makes our two countries great. So, I'll not toss this CD in the landfill with the Dixie Chicks. I give Harvest of Souls a solid B+. Great work. If you are a fan of progressive rock, particularly, the sound pioneered by Genesis, you will get a big kick out of this one. Welcome to America, IQ. All the best to you.

Page: 1 | 2