Safety Month BOTMKT Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it CaseLangVeirs The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro
Profile for dok > Reviews

Browse

dok's Profile

Customer Reviews: 12

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

dok RSS Feed (Norfolk, VA)

Page: 1 | 2
Vivobarefoot Men's Gobi Shoe
Vivobarefoot Men's Gobi Shoe
Price: $100.00 - $150.00

3.0 out of 5 stars Great except for build and leather quality, April 10, 2014
I would give these 2.5 stars. Overall I really like these and I got them for a pretty good price so that part didn't sting so much. The look is nice and they feel great. I love the barefoot sole and they're exactly what I wanted in terms of a desert boot look without the think boot sole. My only gripe about the look is I don't really like suede. I'd prefer waxed or some other type of regular leather, but nothing like that really exists that I could find. So overall I like the way these look and fit.

HOWEVER, the durability leaves something to be desired. I've only worn mine for 3 or so months (owned them longer but didn't wear them through most of winter) and they're starting to fall apart. It started with the right shoe when, after only 3 or 4 weeks, a hole developed on the top near the bottom of the tongue crease. This hole has been slowly growing and while it doesn't affect the wearability at all it looks sorta stupid and obviously means they are deteriorating. Now the tongue is ripping away from the piece with the eyelets so they're feeling looser and will soon rip all the way down. The leather is thin and cheap feeling. The sole, which I usually wear out long before the rest of my shoes, are in great shape. If they made these things with better leather they could last a long time.

My other big gripe is the laces. They're too short. Super annoying.

In summary, these would be great if they were more durable but at that price and with the poor material and build quality it's not a worthwhile purchase. Here's hoping something similar but improved comes along...

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars This hat rocks!, February 10, 2012
I was very pleased with the quality of this hat. For a costume item it seems well constructed and colors and gold accents are beautifully vivid. I plan to use it at halloween and at bars in conjunction with some Pope cards which I will hand out (because who doesn't want a Pope card?).
Notable items:
- Fit: The hat has a sweet size adjustment system, however it barely fits my head in the fully extended state. I do have a massive head though, your mileage may vary.
- Awesomeness: This hat is awesome.
- Saintliness: Achievement unlocked! Saintliness +5!
- Secret hidden pocket: What?!? Did you hear that right? You did! This hat features a secret hidden pocket inside WITH A SECRET HIDDEN FORTUNE! Holy Pope Hat Batman! This secret unadvertised feature boosts the value of this already invaluable hat by at least 3x.

In summary: whether you are in the market for a pope hat or not, you should get this hat.

SE MG2015G 5.5x Magnifier Pendant with 1.75" Glass Lens Dia. & 36" Gold Chain Necklace
Offered by CCMC Retail
Price: $4.66
9 used & new from $2.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Everything you could ask for in a four dollar monocole, January 19, 2011
Bought some of these along with some flasks and mustaches for a bachelor party. After reading previous reviews I was actually impressed with the quality once I got them in hand. The lens is real glass and I think the frame is metal (though probably a very cheap kind). The chain feels/looks pretty cheap, but what do you expect for four bucks? Replace it with leather or some other cord like one of the other commenters suggested.

One thing I was surprised at was the size. I was expecting it to be a little smaller. Granted, I've never worn a monocle before so I don't really know what to expect, but I couldn't really jam it in my eye and keep it there without holding it up. This, however, could be because I am ignorant about the proper use of monocles or because I have a weird eye.

Regardless, this is a great find if you are looking for a costume monocle or even if you want to use it for the intended purpose of magnification.

Accoutrements Bendable Party Mustache
Accoutrements Bendable Party Mustache
Offered by Hubbub
Price: $5.33
12 used & new from $1.39

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome (not a "set" though), January 19, 2011
So it's not completely clear from the title/picture, but this is just one large mustache.

Anyway, I bought this along with some flasks and monocles for a bachelor party. Unlike adhesive 'staches, this one is wire-based with a little nose clamp to hold it on. The nose thing (a somewhat soft rubbery kind of material) wasn't really painful for me but I haven't yet worn it for an extended period of time. Not the most durable overall because I think the stache hairs could come off the wire ends relatively easily and the nose clamp would probably give out eventually too. But who am I kidding, it's a fake mustache. It's awesome.

I rated it as a 5 for educational value because children of all ages, sexes and races can use this wonderful tool to learn about the many possible facial hair shapes, as well as valuable seduction skills they will no doubt need later in life.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 25, 2011 12:27 PM PDT

Axe Cop, Vol. 1
Axe Cop, Vol. 1
by Ethan Nicolle
Price: $11.48
101 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars One Day at the Scene of a Fire..., January 19, 2011
This review is from: Axe Cop, Vol. 1 (Paperback)
I will start off by saying that I've never really been a comic fan before Axe Cop (B.A.), and that it is one of the only comics I have really read. A friend introduced me to Axe Cop, and it was basically love at first sight. It wraps up humor, incredible artwork, and the archetypal manly interests such as chopping, fighting, flying t-rexes with machine gun arms, and general bad@$$ery. If that sounds like something you wouldn't want to read then don't, because you couldn't take it; you're too weak.

The book is nice. It's cool to have the entire first series in one place and the notes by Ethan add a lot of value as they are interesting and/or funny. Whether you are a fan of the series, or you have never read comics before or you just have a thing for axes, you should buy this. Actually you should buy two copies and seal one in a solid gold safe somewhere deep in your good (or bad) guy hideout.

6 oz. Stainless Steel Hip Flask (Pkg. of 5)
6 oz. Stainless Steel Hip Flask (Pkg. of 5)
Offered by Shivam
Price: $13.35
9 used & new from $8.46

5.0 out of 5 stars Just What I Needed, January 19, 2011
Bought 2 sets of these flasks for a bachelor party, along with some monocles and mustaches. I leak tested them all last night and not a single one was leaking. One of the caps was a little hard to screw on, perhaps because of an abnormally short hinge deal. Obviously these aren't precision manufactured out of weapon grade steel or anything. Some of the metal edges are a little rough and I could see them getting dented relatively easily, but you get what you pay for. In my case I'd say I got more than I paid for. I would buy them again if for some reason I need a bunch more flasks.

The 4 Hour Body: An Uncommon Guide to Rapid Fat Loss, Incredible Sex and Becoming Superhuman
by Timothy Ferriss
Price: $13.78
544 used & new from $4.55

5.0 out of 5 stars Everyone should read this, January 10, 2011
The things that Tim did to himself in order to write this are ridiculous. There's something in here for everyone, and just reading it was motivation for me to be more aware of what I eat, how I exercise, and how I think about my health.

My biggest issue with the book is that all of the information is spread out in the text and so condensing it into a plan for reference can take some work. The format is for readability and is good in that sense but if you are trying to take a quick look at the information in one chapter it's not so easy.

Great book though, and even if you attempt nothing that he describes (though you absolutely should), it's worth reading just to make you think.

Syba High Quality Mini DisplayPort to HDMI Adapter (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
Offered by CablesOnline
Price: $9.99
5 used & new from $5.07

5.0 out of 5 stars Works, May 12, 2010
Works as promised. I could go on and on about the smooth curves of the plastic, and the immaculately placed connector pins, but it's a cable adapter, so I'll just leave it at: it does everything I needed it to do and does it well.
Comment Comments (5) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 21, 2010 8:16 PM PDT

Everything Starts Ep
Everything Starts Ep
Offered by Treat Yo' Self! Goods
Price: $19.99
12 used & new from $2.93

5.0 out of 5 stars Great EP, May 2, 2009
This review is from: Everything Starts Ep (Audio CD)
Great EP, especially if you are a lovedrug fan. The unreleased song "The Praxter" is awesome and the cover "Heart Shaped Box" is sweet. The only downside is that the rest of the three songs are already on the album, but hey, I'm not complaining. Great stuff.

Discrete Mathematics and Its Applications
Discrete Mathematics and Its Applications
by Kenneth H. Rosen
158 used & new from $3.62

4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty good book, January 17, 2007
Contrary to the previous review, I felt this book was one of the better math books I have used. The only complaint I would have is that some concepts are half explained in the problems instead of the lesson part, but these concepts aren't usually very important anyway. I think that the reason this book may seem disorganized or poorly written is more because of discrete math then the book. Discrete math could hardly be considered it's own branch of math and is essentially a bunch of number theories and computer related maths thrown together because they don't fit anywhere else. Oh well, not a bad book, 4/5

Page: 1 | 2