Safety Month Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Drowners The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors STEM
Profile for A. Looby > Reviews

Browse

A. Looby's Profile

Customer Reviews: 841

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

A. Looby "SvleMommy" RSS Feed (Texas)
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Age of Myth: Book One of The Legends of the First Empire
Age of Myth: Book One of The Legends of the First Empire
by Michael J. Sullivan
Price: $20.36

5.0 out of 5 stars Great new series, May 5, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is my first book from this author and I love it. The characters are well done and the pace is quick enough to keep you interested yet spends enough time building the world.

I think it's pretty cool how the author writes the whole series before releasing it. I will be very interested in reading the whole series.

The main character, Raithe, is a reluctant hero who will grow on you and the supporting characters are just as interesting.

I'm trying to think of anything that I felt was out of place or wasn't needed for the story and I can't come up with anything.

Well done.

Ideal 100-Trick Spectacular Magic Show Suitcase
Ideal 100-Trick Spectacular Magic Show Suitcase
Price: $30.53
63 used & new from $20.39

5.0 out of 5 stars Keeping him interested!!, May 5, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
My ADHD kid has been playing with this for nearly 2 hours. That in itself is a win for me.

The kit is nice. It has lots of parts for a ton of tricks. The booklet says 100. The box can be made into a magic table and the DVD walks you through the tricks.

We started with the first four tricks and watched the DVD perform them about three times before attempting. He got them pretty quickly, with the exception of one which requires you to really practice a hand movement. But he hasn't gotten tired of trying it. That's major for him.

He's so excited he's making up his own tricks, which are actually pretty funny. I'm just proud he's being creative and trying something new.

I'm sure our summer is going to be full of fun!

One note: the magic thumb was a touch too big for his small fingers, but we're making it work.
Comment Comment | Permalink

Ortho Max Poison Ivy and Tough Brush Killer Concentrate, 16-Ounce
Ortho Max Poison Ivy and Tough Brush Killer Concentrate, 16-Ounce
Price: $8.29
17 used & new from $8.29

4.0 out of 5 stars Working good, having to reapply, May 3, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
We live in a very humid climate and have discovered tons of poison ivy this spring in our new yard. After two applications we're seeing the larger vines start to wither. My husband used a hatchet to cut the vine then put the concentrate straight into the cut. Everything above the cut withered faster but we are seeing death creeping down the vines. We are going to make a third application and move further down the vine toward the roots. We haven't seen any damage to other plants around the application site. We are applying every other day.

We also have a large brushy shrub in the front yard that no one seems to be able to identify. It is creeping up a tree trunk and is hollow, like a cave. We're going to use this on that too so see if we can get rid of it too.

DII Everyday, Easy to Clean Indoor/Outdoor Woven Vinyl 13x18" Stripe Placemats, Tango Red, Set of 6
Price: $19.99
2 used & new from $16.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Soft vinyl, easy to clean, May 3, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
These are very soft and flexible. I got the red variegated stripes to go in my Tuscan kitchen and they're perfect. The stripes are red, orange, yellow, brown and white.

One of my boys said that they are just the right size to catch all his crumbs off his plates. He was telling the truth. They were easy to clean after dinner and I like that the set comes with 6. I only need 4 at a time but when one needs to be cleaned we have a back up.

Mine came with a very severe bend due to how they were shoved in the box, but after just about two hours of laying out on the table they were flat.

Small Matters: How Churches and Parents Can Raise Up World-Changing Children (Exponential Series)
by Greg Nettle
Price: $11.17
62 used & new from $7.17

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent resource to open our eyes and hearts, April 29, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is an excellent book. Written by the current President of Compassion International and his friend, who is President of Stadia Church Planting, this book is a call to care. It emphasizes the need to care for kids beyond using them to reach parents to attend our churches. It gives a most excellent model for presenting the gospel to kids using nothing more than happy/sad faces and Scriptures. I will be using his with my Awana group in the fall. There is a lot of biography and stories of the kids their ministries reach. They are honest and some are heartbreaking.

The main focus of the book is to emphasize that children are vitally important not only to God but they should be so to us and our churches too. Children shouldn't be an afterthought and their programs shouldn't be only as a day care so adults can do the business of the church. Kids can, and should, be involved in most areas of the church. I love the idea of having kids be part of our prayer service. I know my boys pray the sweetest prayers and I love hearing them pour out their hearts to God.

Children matter to God. Jesus died for children too. We should make them a priority.

Scientific Explorer Magic Science Kit for Wizards Only
Scientific Explorer Magic Science Kit for Wizards Only
Price: $14.99
44 used & new from $8.40

4.0 out of 5 stars Kid science fun, April 28, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Upon opening this you will find: a large sheet with a cone to cut out and make, a sheet of star stickers, a large plastic tube, two end stoppers for the tube, two tiny scoopers, a bottle of vegetable oil, 4 test tubes and a holder for them, 6 packets of ingredients and an instruction booklet.

Careful with the oil, the lid on mine broke but it at least has a foil seal so nothing leaked.

There is a list of items you will need to provide as well. It's all easy stuff most people have in their homes.

The first thing you make is a wand. It uses a crystallizing polymer to fill it. You can make it any color you wish. The next is a hat. This uses the cone paper and stickers.
Then you make various "potions" in the test tubes.

Please supervise kids well. This uses chemical reactions and should be done unsupervised.

Finally, in the booklet, there is a "history" of wizards. It's basically a paragraph about Merlin and two other mythological magicians.
Comment Comment | Permalink

Don't Go to Bed Angry: Stay Up and Fight
Don't Go to Bed Angry: Stay Up and Fight
by Deb DeArmond
Price: $8.92
27 used & new from $8.58

4.0 out of 5 stars Mostly good help with communication strategies, April 26, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is a really interesting book about how to fight fairly in marriage. Not how to not fight. How to fight fairly. It is based on research on marriage issues and the authors personal experience and scriptures.

The main areas covered are burdens, baggage, bridges, barriers, boundaries and blessings. (Nice of them to make them all with same first letter.) Basically it helps the reader understand issues they bring to their marriage and encourages communication.

I'm not sure there's really anything new or groundbreaking to the book, but if you've never looked for a book like this, it will help.

The readers are encouraged to keep journals and rules are presented. The only one I disagree with is "not in front of the kids". Now, I'm not advocating letting your kids see every time you have a disagreement, but if they don't see you working honestly together to solve problems it could teach them that they will have perfect marriages where they never argue and then they're going to need a book like this.

ZOOB Car Designer
ZOOB Car Designer
Offered by stores123
Price: $19.05
127 used & new from $14.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Keeps kids occupied and returning for fun, April 25, 2016
This review is from: ZOOB Car Designer (Toy)
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
My family has like ZOOBs for a while. This is a really nice addition to our set. It contains 76 pieces, all of which are red blue or gray, 12 wheels, which have a grey ball connector, and a building guide for 13 different vehicles (it's actually three little booklets).

The vehicles you can build include a speed runner, a lunar rover, a moon unit Raker, a supersonic stinger, and a ZOOB buggy. They followed the instructions, mostly, at first and then branched out and started making their own creations.

They really liked building things that moved and could race each other. It wasn't long before they were adding parts from other ZOOB sets to make really big vehicles.

Chic Classic Collection Women's Easy Fit Elastic Waist Pull On Pant, Dark Shade, 14
Price: $18.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect fit and color, April 21, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
These are my new favorite pants. He waist band is stretchy but not too loose. I feel like they fit perfectly and I love the dark denim. The cut is straight but not too slim or baggy. The pockets are nice sized and do not gap when I'm wearing the pants. The length is perfect. Wish I'd had else pants longer, will be looking to get other colors (if they're available).

Nuby Cuddly Soft Plush Fleece Baby Blanket, Pink, 30" x 36"
Nuby Cuddly Soft Plush Fleece Baby Blanket, Pink, 30" x 36"
Price: $14.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Soft and subtle colors, April 21, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is a soft blanket. I like the subtle butterfly pattern and the soft pink and purple colors. It is perfect for a baby shower gift and I think any little girl will love it.
The texture of the blanket is the same on both sides and the color is consistent on both sides as well.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20