ARRAY(0xaab20e88)

Customer Reviews: 3

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

goodmami RSS Feed

Replacement Battery for IBM X61T ( 8 Cell, 4800 mAh ) - Includes Mini Optical Mouse with Retractable USB cord

2.0 out of 5 stars Huge, bad monitoring, October 13, 2011
The seller was quick to ship and we had no problems with them, but the product is terrible. At first it held a charge for a long time (hence the 2 stars), but there are two main problems with this battery:

(1) all the cells are in the back (2 rows of 4 cells), and the inner part (that plugs into the computer) is just empty plastic. It sticks out twice as far as the standard 8-cell battery, so it doesn't fit in my computer case or bag, anymore.

(2) the battery does not report its charge correctly. Usually the computer will auto-shutdown when the charge is low, but since the reported charge is incorrect, my computer loses power (immediately turns off) when it reports 15-20% charge. This is potentially damaging to the computer and causes loss of data.

I would consider buying another generic battery, but double-check it is the right size for the number of cells, and hope that it reports the charge correctly.

WIRELESS CENTRAL Brand Silicone WHITE Gel Skin Sleeve Rubber Soft Cover Case for MOTOROLA WX435 TRIUMPH (VIRGIN) [WCC173]
Offered by AccessoriesGuyStore
Price: $1.78

3.0 out of 5 stars No hole for noise cancelling mic, October 13, 2011
We received the case and it is different than the one pictured. The biggest problem is there is no hole for the noise canceling microphone (the small circular hole on the picture of the back side). Further, rather than openings for the volume and unlock buttons, the silicone covers them (there are openings for the headphone and data/power jacks on the top and bottom). The buttons are usable with the cover, and in general the case is nice, but it should have, at least, an opening for the noise canceling mic.

Actiontec GT701D Ethernet DSL Modem with Routing Capabilities
Actiontec GT701D Ethernet DSL Modem with Routing Capabilities
Price: $37.32
88 used & new from $18.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Very difficult to connect to Qwest, October 26, 2010
This modem is not officially supported by Qwest (though its siblings the gt701 and gt701r are), and now I know why. It took me many hours, and three technicians, to figure out how to get a connection to Qwest's 20mbps service (ADSL2+) in Seattle. When working, it's decent enough-- small, low-energy (supposedly), somewhat stable. But getting it to work is a pain. Also, as a side note, the power plug has the transformer on the leads, which makes it take up extra space on a power strip (a small design annoyance). A second annoyance is the long boot-up time, which is only an issue because it took so many attempts before I got it working.

The problem, like I said, is getting it to connect to the DSL provider. The unit will power on, but the DSL light flashes even though I triple-checked all my settings (PPPoE, username, password, VPI=0, VCI=32, mode=ADSL2+, and QoS=UBR). Even if I follow the instructions exactly (first plug in the power, wait until the power light is solid (1 minute), then plug in the DSL line), all I get is DSL flashing. This generally means the DSL connection is weak.

I first used Qwest's online tech support to make sure my settings were correct. When that failed to resolve the issue, they sent a technician to inspect the lines. Using his own equipment, he verified I was getting a signal in the house. So Qwest is not the (only) problem.

I then called Actiontec's support, and the technician asked what was wrong. When I explained that it wasn't connecting to the ISP, he merely repeated that it's the ISP's fault, and that the unit was sound. He said I should ask Qwest to inspect the line. When I told him, again, that Qwest just inspected the line two hours before, he suggested I call Qwest again and have them check a second time. Very not helpful. I gave up with them.

Many hours later, I found out the key to getting a connection: First I needed to clear all settings (restore to the factory state), then unplug the DSL line and power (I think you can leave the ethernet plugged into a computer). Reconnect the power, wait until it is a solid light, and ONLY then plug in the DSL line. After a few seconds it should connect. After it connects, go back to the modem configuration (192.168.0.1) and enter all the Qwest settings, and it should be on the internet.

NOTE: Even after successfully connecting, unplugging the power somehow breaks the ability for it to reconnect (a Google search shows that others have had this problem, too). If you must unplug it, then you must restore factory settings and begin all over again. This might also be Qwest's fault (incompatible handshake routines between the modem and the ISP, perhaps).

Others (with ATT, Verizon, etc.) seem to have no problem with the modem, so in those cases it might be a nice little device, but think twice before using it with Qwest. It could be a big headache.
Comment Comments (10) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 8, 2013 6:20 PM PDT