Automotive Deals Best Books of the Month Shop Women's Clothing Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Enter for the chance to win front row seats to Barbra Streisand Water Sports
Profile for Joanne Pasternack > Reviews

Browse

Joanne Pasternack's Profile

Customer Reviews: 4

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Joanne Pasternack RSS Feed (Mountain View, CA)

Getting More: How to Negotiate to Achieve Your Goals in the Real World
Getting More: How to Negotiate to Achieve Your Goals in the Real World
by Stuart Diamond
112 used & new from $2.85

5.0 out of 5 stars Life Changing Real World Applications, April 25, 2012
I had always considered myself to be a pretty decent negotiator but - my goodness - I didn't realize how much room I had for improvement until I read this book. It was absolutely life changing!! I purchased the book after seeing Prof. Diamond speak at a conference. During his 45 minute presentation, I found myself scribbling notes as quickly as my pen would travel and I realized that I could learn so very much from him.

From the moment I cracked open the book, I began applyng the techniques in my every day life. I started small - negotiated a decrease in my credit card interest rate then my DirectTV contract - then went bigger - getting my two year old dressed in the morning - then, finally, got up the courage to apply his techniques in my work environment. Without fail, Prof. Diamond's techniques worked and had amazing results. They transformed my approach to asking, decreased the stress level I feel when making a request, saved me money and have improved so many aspects of my life. From parenting to working, making purchases to "Getting More," if there is something you want, you MUST purchase this book! You will be astounded by the results. Thank you, Prof. Diamond!!

Daisy the Doctor (Jobs People Do)
Daisy the Doctor (Jobs People Do)
by Felicity Brooks
28 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Detailed, visually appealing and inspiring!, July 17, 2011
My nearly 4 year old daughter loves this book and so do I. The claymation is great - very visually appealing, bright and well designed. The realistic depiction of a visit to the doctor's office - complete with the reception area and interaction between the receptionist and the doctor provides great insight into what it is like to be a doctor and to visit a doctor. I also like the diversity of the characters. Many different ethnicities are represented as well as disabilities, ages, and levels of confidence when visiting the doctor. I really enjoy reading this book to my daughter. Since we started reading it, she pretends to examine her little brother using a pretend stethescope and other doctor tools and says she would like to be a doctor when she grows up. She also seems less afraid of going to the doctor. I highly recommend this book and plan to purchase others from the collection.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 11, 2011 10:07 PM PDT

Vulli Sophie la Girafe
Vulli Sophie la Girafe
Offered by etailz
Price: $23.50
14 used & new from $18.74

5.0 out of 5 stars Her *favorite* toy!!, January 19, 2008
My four month old is obsessed with Sophie. She can't get enough of it. It is easy for her to hold and bring to her mouth. She just started to teeth and Sophie appears to give her some relief. She also loves the "squeak" sound it makes and is able to make it squeak all by herself. I love that it is easy to wash, small, and not cutesy or fussy. Although it is more expensive than other toys, it is worth it. I highly recommend this item.

Born Free - Gift Set
Born Free - Gift Set
Offered by Kidsland
Price: $38.00
4 used & new from $38.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Finally got her to take a bottle!, January 19, 2008
After 3 months of trying to get my baby to take a bottle (to no avail), we finally achieved success when we tried the Born Free bottle. Not sure why it worked, but it did and we are very pleased. If you are having trouble getting your breastfed baby to take a bottle, you may want to try this brand. NONE of the others worked for us.