Profile for Flo Smith > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 50

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Flo Smith RSS Feed (Houston, TX)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
CafePress Rooster Chicken BBQ Apron - Standard Khaki
CafePress Rooster Chicken BBQ Apron - Standard Khaki
Offered by CafePress Home
Price: $30.80

3.0 out of 5 stars Not the Brightest Rooster in the Henhouse, May 13, 2015
I'm a little disappointed in my selection of this apron. I expected the rooster to be bright and vivid colors. In reality, the rooster print seems much more dull and a little less interesting than I expected.

The khaki apron itself is heavy weight, and as such, does a great job of protecting one's clothing from spills or grime, which of course is its purpose. The two pockets on the front are very handy. They measure about 7 inches square (or about 7x14, divided into two halves).

If you are considering this apron, you should know that the neck strap is continuous with the waist ties. If I had realized that was the style of this apron, I probably would not have purchased it. I find this style uncomfortable because as one tightens the waist ties, the neck strap also tightens. I am going to try finding the perfect length for the neck strap and stitch the strap in place to mitigate this problem.

Now if I can just find a way to make the rooster print a bit more vibrant...

CafePress De Colores Rainbow Crosses BBQ Apron - Standard Khaki
CafePress De Colores Rainbow Crosses BBQ Apron - Standard Khaki
Offered by CafePress
Price: $24.20

4.0 out of 5 stars Hmmm. Bright colors not so bright..., May 11, 2015
This apron captivated me online by the bright colors shown. I was so excited for it to arrive!

I don't know why I thought the design was embroidered; in fact it is NOT embroidered (it is printed) and it is not nearly as bright as I imagined it would be. I was disappointed by the dullness, but I'm sure that is my own fault.

The khaki color is darker than I expected, as well. It is a heavyweight fabric, which is good.

There is one thing about this apron that would have been a deal-breaker for me had I realized it before ordering: the neck straps are continuous with the waist ties so if you tie the waist tightly, the neck straps tighten as well. Personally, I find such a style uncomfortable.

But, I am keeping this apron. I always intended to embroider my name across the top; now I'll just also augment the printed colors with either embroidery paints or floss. And as for the straps, I'll find the perfect spot for the neck straps and stitch them in place.

I still love the design. I'll just have to fulfill my vision of it myself.

De Colores!

Graham Hands Down Ultra Nail and Cosmetic Pads, 60 Count
Graham Hands Down Ultra Nail and Cosmetic Pads, 60 Count
Offered by Cosmetics Central
Price: $5.72
6 used & new from $1.29

5.0 out of 5 stars GREAT!, March 20, 2015
These nail pads are terrific! I only use them to protect my manicure when removing polish from other nails (usually for my pedi), but they do a marvelous job of that! No lint or fuzz left behind. One pad does all 10 for me thus far, but I can see where I might need more for darker or staining polishes.
I will definitely repurchase when I run out.

Laguna Rock Receptacle Cover, Small
Laguna Rock Receptacle Cover, Small
Price: $42.21
4 used & new from $35.88

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice Rock, March 1, 2015
I purchased this faux rock (and others of similar size here on Amazon) to hide timers and outlets for our Christmas lights. I liked this one best because it is just the right size and is heavy enough that I don't wonder if it will blow away or tip over in normal wind conditions (I'm in Texas, not windy Chicago, but still...). I felt better that the electric connections were covered from the elements. It is greyish rather than brownish, as others have noted, but I think it looks nice. I bought a second one! The rest of the year, I just use them as accent pieces in the flower beds.

Smashbox Photo Finish Travel Primer - Adjust 0.4oz
Smashbox Photo Finish Travel Primer - Adjust 0.4oz
Offered by smyrna
Price: $21.00

3.0 out of 5 stars No color-correcting benefits experienced here, March 1, 2015
I bought this travel sized primer to try it out and see if I want the full size product. I have mild redness on my forehead, but this color correcting primer didn't really help camouflage the redness much at all. When I mixed it with my regular primer it was a bit better, but in my opinion, Smashbox Photo Finish Primer in green does not deliver according to my expectations.

Fancy Collection Luxury Micro-fleece Ultra Plush Solid Blanket (Throw 50"X60", Orange)
Offered by FANCY LINEN
Price: $9.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Soft Throw - Poor Color, March 1, 2015
I ordered the RED throw. As I feared from the pictures online, and the item description, the throw I received is more red-orange, closer to orange than red. My husband said he couldn't tell the difference, but I didn't care for it. The Amazon return process is fantastic, however. Too bad I had to use it for this item.

Coleman PerfectFlow Insta Start Propane Grill
Coleman PerfectFlow Insta Start Propane Grill
Offered by Red's Gear
Price: $90.08
13 used & new from $69.80

4.0 out of 5 stars Love the Grill; Hate the Grate. My Solution., October 18, 2014
A tale of TWO Coleman Propane Grills:

The first grill had a porcelain coated cast iron cooking surface, which came with a sticker on it that was impossible to remove without damaging the porcelain. Over time, the damage became worse, and the exposed cast iron rusted, leaving the grill grate unusable. But I could set an inexpensive griddle on it for perfect, continuous heat for pancakes. Coleman did not offer a replacement grill grate. But I loved the appliance. So I bought another grill that I thought/hoped would be just like it, hopefully with a more easily removable sticker on the grill grate.

The second grill came with the very lightweight grill grate surface that warped on first use, and became unusable very quickly. I could not put a griddle on it, nor did Coleman ever make a griddle accessory for this grill. No replacement grill grate was available until very recently (2014). And, why would I want another cheap, lightweight grate that will warp again? So I now have two unusable appliances in my garage that I do not wish to put in the landfill. I had to come up with a way to make the PerfectFlow Grill work again.

I recently purchased a Heuck cast iron reversible griddle, which fits this grill perfectly, and fills the need for both a sturdy grilling surface, as well as a griddle for pancakes and the like. Since the cast iron grill/griddle is solid, no more horrible cleanup from dripping into the base of the grill. The Heuck griddle even stores inside the Coleman grill (minus the original grill grate) as though it was made specifically for it! A match made in camp grill heaven!

The combination of Coleman Grill with the Heuck cast iron griddle makes for a 5-star solution for this Happy Camper!

Price: $23.45
6 used & new from $19.35

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect Grill/Griddle, October 18, 2014
I have a Coleman Grill that does not have a griddle option and the grill grate is warped, so I searched for a cast iron griddle that would fit. This one is perfect in every way!
1 The pre-seasoning is quite good, bordering on excellent. I took it out of the box, gave it a good scrub, oiled it well, and perfect pancakes came off of it the first time!
2 Fits the Coleman grill perfectly, and will even store inside the grill (without the original grill grate).
3 No need for the original grill grate for grilling: just flip the griddle over for meats and veggies with perfect grill lines! Far better than the original Coleman grill grate.

Info about cast iron:
Yes, it is heavy. No, don't put it in the dishwasher. With use, and proper seasoning, food does not stick and clean-up is a breeze: just give it a good scrub with hot water and dry thoroughly. There is only one cast iron company whose products are made in the USA; this item is not made by that company; this product is made well in China.

I did not purchase this griddle from Amazon, only because this item did not come up in my cast iron griddle search.

My griddle did not & does not have any smell to it.

Shock-Cord Repair Kit
Shock-Cord Repair Kit
Offered by Buy 4 Less UK
Price: $4.57
46 used & new from $3.21

5.0 out of 5 stars Every Camp Box NEEDS this kit!, November 7, 2013
This review is from: Shock-Cord Repair Kit (Sports)
The shock cord in our niece's tent pole broke on our last camping trip, so I fished out the ends of the cord (gravity helped), tied a knot, and she finished setting up her tent. At take-down, we found the shock cord in another had pole failed, as well. Nephew-in-law feared they needed a new tent.

Looking for a repair option, I found this Shock Cord Repair Kit. I chose this one because it has 45 feet of cord - enough for multiple poles. We went to Niece & NIL's apartment before the next trip, and together we replaced the cord in both failed poles in less time than it took to knot up the first pole at the campground. The diameter of the replacement shock cord was identical to the original cord in the poles. The task certainly didn't require all of us, but one extra set of hands would be helpful. And, in our case, a football game was on, so...

Additional items needed: Pliers were helpful. Scissors or sharp knife essential.

Tips:
-Take some time at first to loosen the coil of the wire. It does not need to be totally straight; just loosened enough to work with it.
-We took the advice of another reviewer, and did not use tape - we just bent one end of the wire to cinch the cord into the wire.
-We eliminated waste by not measuring and cutting the cord prior to threading it though the poles. Just let it roll off the card as needed. Cut it & tie it off when threading is complete.
-Be careful to keep the pole sections in the proper order after removing the old cord. All pole sections may not be the same. Check each one for connectibility as you thread the replacement cord through.
-We did not use the washers supplied. We just knotted the ends in a double or triple knot at each end. Your experience may differ.

Viola! Perfectly repaired tent poles in very little time, with very little expense! AND they have enough left over to make repair to at least one more pole if & when it is needed. Nephew-in-law is very pleased.

My suggestion is that every camper with shock-corded tent poles keep one of the kits in your tent bag, 'cuz you never know when you might need it. I also found this same product at my local WallyWorld; if it is needed ASAP, you might look there.

Clarks Women's Lexi Bark Slide Sandal
Clarks Women's Lexi Bark Slide Sandal

4.0 out of 5 stars For those of us with high instep - Order the WIDE width, June 6, 2013
I have another pair of Clark Sandals (that I love) that I ordered about a month before I ordered these. These have a different fit than the others; I can't get these on because they will not accommodate my high instep. Even with the velcro completely released from the strap, my feet do not get along with this shoe.

By the way, I found the size to be correct. I ordered my usual size (same size as the other Clark's - the Lexi Amber Slide Sandal), and it was exactly the right length, it just was too tight on top. Maybe I will try a wide width.

UPDATE:I did order the wide width, and the extra width absolutely accommodated my extra-high instep beautifully. Now I wear the Lexi sandals all the time, and am back to order another color! Updated my rating from 2 stars to 4 stars!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5