Industrial-Sized Deals TextBTS15 Shop Women's Handbags Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums $5 Off Fire TV Stick Off to College Essentials Shop Popular Services pivdl pivdl pivdl  Amazon Echo Starting at $99 Kindle Voyage Nintendo Digital Games Shop Back to School with Amazon Back to School with Amazon Outdoor Recreation Baby Sale
Profile for S. Carter > Reviews

Browse

S. Carter's Profile

Customer Reviews: 110

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

S. Carter "lifetime reader" RSS Feed (USA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11
Blind Salvage (A Rylee Adamson Novel, Book 5)
Blind Salvage (A Rylee Adamson Novel, Book 5)
Price: $3.85

5.0 out of 5 stars A gripping series, November 12, 2014
I read several of the reviews and I agree, this book is emotional. It's only depressing if you stop here. This series reminds me a little of JRR Tolkiens Lord of the Rings. You purists can stop raving now! It reminds me of Tolkien in that it's a constant battle of good vs. evil with the bad guys on top sometimes and the good guys occasionally getting it right and having a glimmer of success until it goes wrong again. I loved reading Tolkiens Trilogy but I remember wondering how much longer it could go on. I love reading each of the Rylee Adamson books but I wonder who will survive until the end. It's looking risky for many of her allies! On to book six!

Raising Innocence (A Rylee Adamson Novel, Book 3)
Raising Innocence (A Rylee Adamson Novel, Book 3)

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this novel, October 31, 2014
Shannon Mayer is an excellent story teller. The world of Rylee, Alex, Eve and Liam is ever changing and continually interesting. This European adventure is very different from the previous two books and is just as readable and entertaining. Shannon has invented a world that keeps my interest and keeps me coming back for more. What more could an author strive for? I'm off to book four!

Immune (A Rylee Adamson Novel, Book 2)
Immune (A Rylee Adamson Novel, Book 2)

5.0 out of 5 stars A very good second book, October 14, 2014
This second book in the series is much more than filler. It offers enough reference to events from the first book to tie them together but stands by itself with a new plot, new characters and expanded develop of original characters including Rylee, Alex and Liam not to mention a Harpy named Eve and a bunch of really disgusting trolls! My only complaint concerns the often jarring change from first person to second and third person in the writing and some grammatical errors as we'll. Clean those up and it will be a first class book. I'm off to book three and can only hope it's as good!

Priceless (A Rylee Adamson Novel, Book 1)
Priceless (A Rylee Adamson Novel, Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good first book of series, October 7, 2014
I love a book that has a strong but kind, focused main character. Rylee Adamson fits that description perfectly. Evil witches, kind werewolf and sexy FBI agent just add to the fast moving story. I'm looking forward to reading book 2!

Sacrifice of a Witch (The Savannah Coven Series Book 9)
Sacrifice of a Witch (The Savannah Coven Series Book 9)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great series!, September 2, 2014
This was a really good series. It's difficult to keep a nine book series interesting but Suza Kates does it well by adding in new characters with each challenge. My favorite in the series was #7 but I would encourage anyone to read them all! I felt like I knew all the characters and by the end was sad to see it all end. A great witches story!

The Memory Witch
The Memory Witch

5.0 out of 5 stars Interesting book, September 2, 2014
This review is from: The Memory Witch (Kindle Edition)
Good first in a series book. Interesting concept of a witch who can erase memories in exchange for a year of the person's life. Maybe all memories are not best to keep. I can think of some I'd just as soon not remember but I'm not so sure I'd want someone else to make that decision for me...even my mother. I hope the high road is chosen rather than one of revenge and retaliation. The next book should be interesting.

Buried Innocence - A Mary O'Reilly Paranormal Mystery - Book Thirteen (Mary O'Reilly Series 13)

4.0 out of 5 stars A good book, July 28, 2014
It's amazing how many times Mary can get shot, beat up, etc. this time even while pregnant and not even be fazed by it! The topic of this one was hard to read but I suppose it really happens...sad world we live in.

The Final Omen: Second Sight Book Four
The Final Omen: Second Sight Book Four

3.0 out of 5 stars Entertaining book, June 1, 2014
This book is pretty simple in its plot and pace. Pretty predictable story line. Too much mushy drama in Kate's relationship with Jared. Too much insecurity for Kate to be believable as the main character. Not a bad book, just not as good as it could have been

The Collector
The Collector
Offered by Penguin Group (USA) LLC
Price: $9.99

5.0 out of 5 stars A Very Good Book, May 1, 2014
This review is from: The Collector (Kindle Edition)
I agree with another reviewer that I was losing faith in Nora Roberts after some of her recent books that seemed too formulated or maybe even "ghost" written by someone else. This one is an exception. It's fast paced and full of surprises. Both main characters are strong and determined and very likeable. The story line kept me interested and entertained. It was believable. I hope to read more of her books that have the excellent writing and plot development that this one contained.

Shadow Spell (The Cousins O'Dwyer Trilogy, Book 2)
Shadow Spell (The Cousins O'Dwyer Trilogy, Book 2)
Offered by Penguin Group (USA) LLC
Price: $9.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed, April 20, 2014
I guess I'm in the minority here in the ratings pool but I wasn't "spellbound" by this book. It's a filler, the one that comes between book one and book three. Nora Roberts needs to go back to her days of romance trilogies where new characters and new events are introduced in each book. This is more like one really good book that's been split into three mediocre books. Same old bad guy with some tired tricks, same six friends fighting him. We already knew what kind of guy Connor was from book one. Of course I'll buy the last of the books to read the big finale but I'm getting tired of Nora Roberts just writing for money...where's the passion of her early books set in Ireland?

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11