Profile for J. Leonard > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 55

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

J. Leonard RSS Feed (Alexandria, VA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
49.75" Roof Rack Cross Bars fit Side Rails up to 46.5" Apart
49.75" Roof Rack Cross Bars fit Side Rails up to 46.5" Apart
Offered by Discount Ramps
Price: $49.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to use and appears sturdy., December 2, 2014
Fit perfectly, and easily, on our 2006 Honda Odyssey to accommodate our Yakima Skybox http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001PUZXGK/ref=cm_cr_ryp_prd_ttl_sol_77. Material is nice and sturdy.

OXO Good Grips Silicone Flexible Pancake Turner/Spatulas, Mini
OXO Good Grips Silicone Flexible Pancake Turner/Spatulas, Mini
Price: $8.99
3 used & new from $8.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Good, but small, December 2, 2014
If you're looking to flip little pancakes, this is what you want. ....otherwise, find something bigger. Quality wise it's great, as I'd expect from OXO.

Bear Snores On (The Bear Books)
Bear Snores On (The Bear Books)
by Karma Wilson
Edition: Board book
Price: $6.00
138 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars A favorite both for us and our daughter, December 2, 2014
Probably one of our favorite books to read at bedtime. The narrative flows well from page to page and allows you to vary your voice and its tone, helping to keep our little one sucked in. I'd also recommend Bear Feels Scared.

Kensington KeyCover Plus Hard Case Keyboard for iPad Air (iPad 5) (K97087US)
Kensington KeyCover Plus Hard Case Keyboard for iPad Air (iPad 5) (K97087US)
Price: Click here to see our price
64 used & new from $7.39

3.0 out of 5 stars I'll keep it, but would recommend it (problems with iPad angle and pairing), December 2, 2014
For the price and what I expect will be limited use, it (now) does the job okay. I wouldn't buy it again. In particular, it suffers from two major problems that others have mentioned: (1) you can't adjust the angle of the iPad when it's docked, so unless you're sitting with the top of your iPad at eye level it's kind of awkward to use (I'll probably just keep the iPad in my Logitech folio case and use the keyboard separate from the iPad) and (2) it was a ROYAL pain to pair with my iPad. Following the direction (which you oddly have to go online to get) didn't do squat. Other online advice was also worthless. Essentially it just required constantly coming back and trying to pair it as you would pair anything and it eventually deciding to give in and do it (I was actually in the middle of preparing an Amazon return for it when I decided to give the last shot that worked).

Thermoworks Super Fast Water-Resistant Digital Pocket Thermometer
Thermoworks Super Fast Water-Resistant Digital Pocket Thermometer
Offered by ThermoWorks
Price: $24.00

1.0 out of 5 stars I should have known better, July 11, 2013
Over the years, I've purchases many thermometers hoping to find one that will give an accurate reading. Digital ones have always failed me, and this one kept up that trend. After grilling some boneless skinless chicken breast for 8 minutes it told me they were 287 degrees (I checked after taking them off the grill). Of course, this type of meat is prone to overcooking so I was irritated at myself at first; but, of course also curious as to how they could be THAT overcooked. Then, I cut into the meat to find it still somewhat pink in the middle. Will stick to generally more reliable but slower reading Taylor thermometer.

i play. Sunhat-Lavender-Newborn
i play. Sunhat-Lavender-Newborn
Price: $9.99
3 used & new from $9.98

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice given limited array of appropriately sized hats, July 11, 2013
This review is from: i play. Babywear Sunhat (Apparel)
Given all the advice about protecting a baby's skin from the sun, I'm amazed how challenging it has been to find hats that aren't gigantic. I know my daughters a little small, but she's not overly small. However, most stores seem to assume that all kids have huge noggins. Anyway, that said, I was happy to find a hat that somewhat fits her. It still flaps down in her face a bit, but is vast improvement of others. Like that this is very lightweight too for the steamy mid-atlantic summer. I immediately cut the strings off that I assume are meant to be tied under the chin (long strings seem a rather dangerous thing to have on a newborn hat, at least in my opinion).

Casabella Loop 3-Piece Dish Brush Set
Casabella Loop 3-Piece Dish Brush Set
Price: $9.99
6 used & new from $9.98

4.0 out of 5 stars Good quality/good deal for 3 brushes, bottle brush a little fat though, July 11, 2013
While I love Oxo products and purchase them often, I also believe that brushes of any kind need to be replaced every few months, as the bristles wear out. That said, I'd been purchasing Oxo brushes for a long time and decided to give these a try to reduce my brush costs These fit the bill perfectly. I particularly like having the three brushes to cover a variety of tasks (e.g., the small orange brush works great for cleaning the sink, while other two do duty on dishware). My only real criticism is that the head of the bottle brush is too fat to fit into many of the re-usable bottles I have, such as the standard Sigg water bottles and some baby bottles (for those I stick with the Oxo Tot Brush).

Perky-Pet 68 23-Inch Metal Hook for Bird Feeders
Perky-Pet 68 23-Inch Metal Hook for Bird Feeders
Price: $8.77
5 used & new from $7.32

5.0 out of 5 stars sturdy, does its supposed to!, July 11, 2013
Not much to say. Bottom-line, it's sturdy metal and makes hanging bird feeders or planters on high hooks much easier! The color is a forest green.

Orbit SunMate Hose-End 58674N 36-Inch 9-Pattern Turret Wand with Ratcheting Head
Offered by Timers Plus
Price: $19.78
2 used & new from $14.57

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, but with one caveat, July 11, 2013
Want to get something that allowed watering of plants up close (i.e., something to get water down at the base rather than just pointlessly sprinkling the leaves). Initially I was frustrated by how this Orbit SunMate worked, as like many people, I use quick-connect adapters. However, using these (including the brass variety from big box hardware stores and the orange and gray German plastic ones) did not work with this wand, as it's weight caused water to leak between the quick-connect adapters. Bottom-line, it's a great product, but if you're reliant on quick-connect adapters don't buy it (works perfect when twisted onto the standard hose ends).
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 24, 2014 5:23 PM PDT

Primitive 2039 Macrame Plant Hanger, White
Primitive 2039 Macrame Plant Hanger, White
Price: $11.02
3 used & new from $9.57

5.0 out of 5 stars Good quality/does what it's supposed to do!, July 11, 2013
Had trouble finding this at local stores, but as usual Amazon came through. It's fairly simple and can be adjusted for various heights depending on how you cinch the rope at the bottom.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6