Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 10

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Amazon Customer RSS Feed (West Virginia)

LEGO Chain Reactions: Design and build amazing moving machines (Klutz S)
LEGO Chain Reactions: Design and build amazing moving machines (Klutz S)
by Pat Murphy
Edition: Spiral-bound
Price: $15.14
74 used & new from $11.10

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Lego kit yet!, March 29, 2015
This is so FUN to work on as a family. Don't take my word for it just get it and be happy you did. We love it. It does take standard pieces in addition to what comes with the kit but we had them a million times over. Happy building!!

Burned: A Fever Novel
Burned: A Fever Novel
by Karen Marie Moning
Price: $16.20
81 used & new from $11.89

2.0 out of 5 stars You forced her to make these changes., February 1, 2015
This review is from: Burned: A Fever Novel (Hardcover)
Mediocrity. I've read them all many times. Iced wasn't a great lead character but it did have a good story. Now we have a strong lead character stifled by an utter lack of plot. This book fragmented by too many points of view and when it finally starts to find its way it ends very abruptly. It didn't leave my dying to read the next, but I will regardless because she is a beautiful writer. I feel like she's not even to blame for this being bad. The fault lies with the public response to the previous book. This story would have been fantastic if given 3 books to unfold.

Oscar Schmidt OGHSB 1/2 Size Dreadnought Acoustic Guitar (High Gloss Black)
Oscar Schmidt OGHSB 1/2 Size Dreadnought Acoustic Guitar (High Gloss Black)
Price: $87.64
10 used & new from $77.12

5.0 out of 5 stars ... has had this 6 months and we are very happy with it for a beginner guitar, December 7, 2014
6 year old has had this 6 months and we are very happy with it for a beginner guitar.Easy to tune and hardly slips out of tune after practices. This will be a nice 1-2 year guitar but I suspect he will need a bigger size around then. It's small so the sound is affected but that's expected for this size.

BoxWave Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Avery Case - Leather Clutch Wallet Case Patent Leather Vegan Credit Card Case - Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Cases and Covers (Ruby)
Offered by BoxWave Corporation
Price: $9.45
2 used & new from $16.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Functional and Protective, February 19, 2014
I love this case. I've had so many compliments on it since I purchased one for my Note 3. The wallet portion is very nice to carry the essentials, unless you are a person who tries to stuff it with every possible card you own. I carry 3 cards and an ID in mine plus a little cash in it also and it closes fine. The mirror was something I didn't think I would like, but I have found myself using it plenty. To whoever said it doesn't fold back, it does. I find that it is comfortable to fold back both sides and use the phone, even for talking (though I mostly use a bluetooth for talking). You can feel the padding inside of the material, that gives me peace of mind that if I drop this phone it is going to be just fine. Picture quality is not distorted in any way by using this case, and only occasionally I find the strap to end up in my photos if I am not mindful of it, but that's user error. Overall, a great case at an even better price.

VicTsing USB Dual Desktop Charger Charging dock Cradle Station for Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Note III N9000 N9006 N9008 N9002 N9009 (Case Compatible)
Offered by VicDirect
Price: $12.49

2.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't charge but a few % in several hours, February 19, 2014
This is the slowest charger I have ever seen. I can leave it on for almost an entire work day and it charges MAYBE 10%. I thought that this would be great based on some of the other reviews and maybe I just got one that doesn't work properly. I really hate returning things to amazon but I think I'm going to have to return this because it just doesn't meet my needs. Luckily, the battery on the Note 3 is a powerhouse allowing me to use it heavily for work and make it home with batterly left to charge it there. I wonder after extended use though if that will always be the case. I like having a charger at work to keep my phone above 50% most of the time but this will not do that.

The Chronicles of Dragon: The Hero, The Sword and The Dragons (Book 1 of 10)
The Chronicles of Dragon: The Hero, The Sword and The Dragons (Book 1 of 10)
Price: $0.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!, November 2, 2013
One you definitely don't want to pass up! I have no doubt you will enjoy this escape into a new world.

Leaving the Wire: An Infantryman's Iraq
Leaving the Wire: An Infantryman's Iraq
Price: $2.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Will not leave you dissapointed, October 22, 2013
This book gives you a hauntingly accurate view of the life of an infantry man in the Iraq War. There are not the answers many of us have longed for as to the whys of the war, but it will help you understand the real meaning behind the sacrifice our military men and women make. You will walk away from this saying I really can't imagine doing those things myself. You will walk away from this knowing that there is absolutely no way you could have done these things and not carry them with you as a burden for the rest of your life. Above all you will never question the respect these men and women deserve when you put this book down. We should be praising Veterans, not shuffling them to the side and shaming them because war has affected their ability to function. It all makes so much more sense to me now. Praise for Mr. Ervin for the immense bravery it took to put all of this on display for the world to see.

The Bone Season: A Novel
The Bone Season: A Novel
by Samantha Shannon
Price: $17.01
241 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Can't wiat for the next!, October 21, 2013
There is much debate over whether this book lives up to the hype or not and I think it does. For those saying this is reminiscent of Hunger Games and Twilight, I really do not know what you are talking about! There is not one shred of similarities between either of those. Yes this is dystopian futuristic society but so are MANY other better books than Hunger Games. The Twilight reference is just completely unfounded. Thereis no love sick teenage fool who cannot choose between supernatural boys, in fact there is no teenage girl period.

I promise that you should not let those reviews stop you from picking this up. It does exactly as it is intended to do. It sets the stage for an entirely new world and leaves you with more questions than answers. Bloomsbury has picked this up for a 7 book series so if you are looking for a complete resolution you will not find it for quite some time. I didn't even know how popular this book was when I read it. I didn't know anything of it at all actualy, so I was open minded.

A family member passed it off to me because she loved it and so did I. I have to say if you spend much time trying to find out from Amazon reviews if this book is worth it then you will ruin it for yourself. Order the book. Turn off the computer. Read it and think for yourself!

It's Not Him; It's Them
It's Not Him; It's Them
Price: $2.99

5.0 out of 5 stars It's not HIM it's THEM, October 31, 2012
As we all find ourselves surrounded by the "Me Generation", those who think the world owes them everything on a silver platter, this book brings to surface some of the more important and often overlooked changes in social behavior over the last few decades. Deepening your awareness of social and family pressures to conform to a "there's-nothing-I-can-do-to-change-it-back attitude"; Jerk of All Trades will leave you questioning your own moral alignment to very common situations.

The social topics covered range from divorce, promiscuity, welfare abuse, to psychotropic medications. The heightened attention to the standard practice and social acceptance of mood stabilizing medication will leave you concerned for your children, your family, and even yourself. Despite covering a wide variety of deeply rooted social issues, Jerk of All Trades delivers the message in a comedic manner that will undoubtedly keep you chuckling every few pages. And finally, you simply will not be able to predict this ending.

Zombie Day Care
Zombie Day Care
by Craig Halloran
Price: $15.00
3 used & new from $15.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Zombie Dew!, January 25, 2012
This review is from: Zombie Day Care (Paperback)
Like Walking Dead? Then you will love Zombie Day Care. This book is sure to grab reader's attention in the first chapter. It offers a unique perspective of how the world recovers from a zombie apocalypse. The World Humanitarian Society offers a deeper view of government involvement in societal aspects, one that makes a person consider political propaganda in our own lives. Ever consider how a zombie views us? This book gives it to you, and I must say Louie is my FAVORITE character. Overall the rhythm of ZDC is just right, and leaves you not wanting to put it down until you've devoured the very last page!!