Length:: 9:43 Mins
This is an exceptional product that you can use to jump start your car, have a good flashlight, strobe light emergency road sign, SOS light or use the battery to charge your phone or tablet in an emergency.
What's in the box?
* An instruction sheet that is OK but in broken English.
* An AC wall charger that is UL approved and its output is 20VDC at 2 Amp and it operates on 100 to 240 VAC and 50/60 Hertz. The charging cable ends in a round plug and the cord is 48 inches long.
* The cable clamps are attached to a cable adapter to allow you to connect to the battery pack and then to your car's battery. It has a nice set of battery clamps and the wiring is made of a large diameter gauge of wire. The cable is 16 inches long from the plug to the end of the cable clamps.
* A metal tilt stand so you can use the battery as a highway warning light and have it stand up. I think it would also be useful to use the stand in your back window and stand up the SOS flashing mode facing backwards out of the rear window to attract the attention of a policeman if you need help. It would also help a tow truck to find you on a dark road. I do wish the stand had a locking mechanism to hold it open when in use.
* Make sure if you need to use the USB port to charge your phone or smart device that you take your own device charging cables with you.
Here are the features of the battery pack:
* You can jump start a car that has an gasoline powered engine of equal to or less than 3.6 liter engine size up to 20 times when the battery pack is fully charged. Make sure that the battery voltage of the battery pack is not lower than 40 percent
* The battery pack contains lithium batteries rated at 13,500 mAh and in my testing they output 9,585 mAh of capacity for a 71% efficiency which is good for this style of battery.
* The unit has a USB charging output port and you can charge your smart devices. The port has a rating of 5 VDC at 2.4 Amps.
* The side of the battery is an excellent built in flashlight that can also flash in a strobe mode as a warning sign or in an SOS signal in an emergency. This is very nice for when your car breaks down and you need to see under the hood or to flag down a police officer. The highway warning sign is just really great and for me it is one of the most impressive parts of the battery design. You turn on the flashlight by pressing the power button for a few seconds for on or off. When the flashlight is on a single press turns on the next flashlight operating mode.
* The battery pack has an LED on it to indicate the charge of the battery.
* The jump starter plug is keyed so you cannot plug it in incorrectly. Make sure that it is firmly seated to have the best connection possible as it carries a log of current when in use.
* The battery jumper cable section plugs into the battery when you need it. It is short circuit protected, reverse polarity protected, over voltage and low voltage protected.
1. To jump start your car make sure that your battery pack is 40% charged or above.
2. Plug the jumper cable adapter into the Carmate2 battery pack and connect the jumper cables to the battery of your vehicle.
3. After you plug in the jumper clamps into the battery pack then connect the clamps to the car battery's correct terminals (red clamp connects to the positive pole, black clamp connects to the negative pole).
4. You can now attempt to start the engine.
5. If the car does not start then disconnect the jumper cables and wait 10 seconds and then reconnect them and try again.
9. Once the engine starts then immediately remove the jumper cable clamps from the vehicle battery within 10 seconds.
This is a good product and it is highly portable. I was recently at the GM dealer and they were selling a similar unit over the counter for about $165. This is a good product sold at a good price. It is ideal in emergency situations and I rated it at 5 stars.
I was supplied a sample for test and evaluation. A review was not promised to the supplier in exchange for the sample but I stated that if I provided a review that it would be fair and honest.