Profile for JJCEO > Reviews

Top Reviewer Ranking: 5

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

JJCEO RSS Feed (Greenwood, Indiana)
(TOP 10 REVIEWER)    (#1 Hall OF FAME REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Rosewill Quark Series 1200 Watt Full Modular 80 Plus Platinum Certified ATX12V/EPS12V 1200 Power Supply Quark 1200
Price: $220.70
5 used & new from $214.98

5.0 out of 5 stars A first class power supply lineup for your computer's heart!, August 4, 2015
Length:: 9:47 Mins

This is a superior line of computer power supplies. They are 92 percent + efficient and designed to support the computer needs of heavy hardware and application users. If you are building a monster computer with a powerful CPU, multiple GPUs and a lot of hard drives and storage then these are the power supplies you should be looking at. On top of the power capacities they offer many other features. They are power factor corrected to reduce current draw and adjust the phase difference between the voltage and current to more efficiently use the voltage and current they are drawing. The adjusted power factor is active and capable of .99 PF which is essentially the same as a perfect resistance. It uses high quality capacitors to help balance out the inductive loads.

They are total modular power supplies with no cables attached to the box. They come with a plethora of cables to allow you to build almost any system you can imagine but you only have to use the cables you need. Reducing the number of cables means several things to a computer builder:

* A more professional looking build
* Less clutter
* Easier air flow for better cooling of the CPU, GPUs and all of the other hardware.
* Less wires to have to hide, if you don't need them then don't plug them in!

This power supply has a variable speed 135 mm fan and it ramps up the RPMs as the temperature goes up. They also have a green LED that glows when the specific voltage rail is operating properly. There are LEDs for the 5 VDC SB rail, the 12 VDC rail, the 5 VDC rail, the 3.3 VDC rail, the -12 VDC rail and the PG power good voltage test. This is a simple and easy way to troubleshoot your power supply. In my video I show how to use a power supply tester and what the unit measures and indicates on the tester displays. I look at both a 1200 watt and a 750 watt power supply. Even if I am buying a power supply, just for my stock (To fix a computer for a friend or family member in the future), I test the unit before I put it away so I know that I was shipped a functioning unit so I can feel comfortable in keeping the unit and not returning it. I check every cable and every output port for function and performance.

A computer power supply is the heart of the computer and it powers everything. I make sure that when I wire the computer that the heart is working fine so it will not damage any of the expensive hardware components of the computer system. This power supply does come with a 5 year warranty on it.

It is designed for computer builders that want to use SLI or Crossfire GPU technology for high end gamers and design/CAD computers. All of the necessary cables are included to help you build a monster system. If you don't use the cables then save the extra cables and put them into the supplied cable bag. I actually save all of the extra cable s and computer hardware and when someone adds a new component like a GPU card or a disk drive I have the cables and hardware to get the job done.

What is in the box for the 1200 watt unit?
* The power supply unit
* AC power cord
* 1 main motherboard connector 20+4 pin design
* 4 PCI-E cables with 8 connectors of 6+2 pins
* 2 EPS cables with two 4+4 connectors on each cable
* 2 Molex cables with connectors for floppy drives
* 3 SATA cables with 5 SATA power connectors on each cable to power up 15 SATA disk drives.
* 3 cable ties which for me I could use 30+
* 4 PSU mounting screws
* Instruction manual
* A nylon bag to keep the cables in.

What is in the box for the 750 watt unit?

* The power supply unit
* AC power cord
* 1 main motherboard connector 20+4 pin design
* 2 PCI-E cables with 4 connectors of 6+2 pins
* 2 EPS cables with two 4+4 connectors on each cable
* 2 Molex cables with connectors for floppy drives
* 2 SATA cables with 4 SATA power connectors on each cable to power up 8 SATA disk drives.
* 3 cable ties which for me I could use 30+
* 4 PSU mounting screws
* Instruction manual
* A nylon bag to keep the cables in.

The power supply is a universal power supply that is compatible with 100 to 240 VAC and 50/60 HZ. Just make sure that your computer case can hold the size of the power supply that you select. When I design a custom build computer I add up all of the power needs that each of the system components will draw and I calculate the power supply size for the power consumption which represents between 60 to 70 percent of the total power consumption available from the PSU. For example 600 watts means I will buy a 1000 watt PSU. Why, I always add in more drives, GPU cards and SATA Ports as my needs change. It pays to plan for the future.

These are an excellent quality of design for larger system computers and I like the efficiency ratings. I have used Rosewill power supplies on some of my biggest computer builds in the past and I have had excellent product quality and reliability out of those units. I rate these at 5 stars.

I was supplied a sample for test and evaluation. A review was not promised to the supplier in exchange for the sample but I stated that if I provided a review that it would be fair and honest.

Patriot Torch Pro 240GB SATA 3 2.5" SSD - With Transfer Speeds of Up-To 560 MB/s read and 405 MB/s write - Up to 100K IOPS
Offered by Highly Anticipated Electronics
Price: $89.99
2 used & new from $89.99

4.0 out of 5 stars A solid drive with average speed but sold at a good price!, August 4, 2015
Length:: 7:40 Mins

I build a lot of computers and I also update a lot of computers for friends and family. The upgrades include tower computers, desktop computers and laptop computers. IMHO the best upgrade you can make to any computer is to make the boot drives an SSD (Solid State Drive). It increases the speed of your computer tremendously and the boot up time is dramatically improved. It is a very easy task and the computer performance improvement is very noticeable. This drive also comes with a 3 year warranty.

This drive is well priced and it is a SATA III drive. The advantages of this drive are that it has no moving parts when compared to a standard hard disk drive. It can handle shock, vibration and temperature changes much better than a traditional hard drive system. It uses far less power and runs cooler which means that it will extend the life of your laptop battery charge.

In my testing I installed the drive in two ways. I put it into an external docking station that is a SATA II speed to test it plugged into an eSATA port. I then removed a drive from my tower computer (computer specs listed below and tested it while it was plugged into my Motherboard SATA III port. I also ran a test on my boot drive for speed that is a SanDisk Extreme 480 GIG SATA III drive. Just to note that this Patriot drive did not come with any mounting hardware or SATA cables or a power cable adapter. This is common for many SATA drives delivered today.

On SATA II setup this drive can read files at 124.853MB/s and write files at 127.826MB/s. At SATA III speeds it can read files at 280.790MB/s and write files at 273.913MB/s. While those are good results they are not top speeds and the fall in the middle of the pack for this style of SSD drive. The SanDisk drive had much faster speeds at write speeds of 516.222MB/s and read speeds of 545.354MB/s. The SanDisk equivalent also cost more at a 45% higher price. That makes the Patriot Torch a solid middle class performer sold at a good price. I use bench marking software in my testing to avoid any question of the reported speeds. In my video I also show how to install a new factory drive into your Windows computer.

In order to get the maximum speeds you must have a compatible SATA 3 drive controller and most new generation mother boards have this feature. This SATA 3 drive is downward compatible with SATA II but you of course cut your speed in about half as my testing shows.

There is a definite computer performance enhancement with this drive over using a traditional mechanical Hard Disk Drive. This unit operates and is compatible with the Windows 7 Trim Command. Trim is an operating system protocol that cleans and deletes unused data from the SSD thus keeping it operating in top performance. If you want to make sure Trim is working, go to a command prompt and as an Administrator (Type CMD in the Windows Search Programs and Files and right mouse click on the CMD program and select run as Administrator) and type:

fsutil behavior query disabledeletenotify

You will get one of the following responses:

DisableDeleteNotify = 1 (Windows TRIM commands are disabled)
DisableDeleteNotify = 0 (Windows TRIM commands are enabled)

This Trim Function does this process during idle time and with an SSD is only takes a seconds to scan a drive.

Overall this is a good performance enhancement and it works well. It is a budget price and a way to get a faster performing computer. I rated this drive between a 3.5 to a 4 star rating and since there are no ½ stars I rounded it up to 4 stars because of the good price.

Test computer:

CPU COOLER CORSAIR H100 (CWCH100) Extreme Performance Liquid CPU Cooler
FANS Fan kit for Hydro Series H80/H100 High Performance Liquid CPU Cooler
OPERATING SYSTEM Microsoft Windows 7 Professional SP1 64-bit - OEM
GPU CARD SAPPHIRE 100311SR Radeon HD 6970 2GB 256-bit GDDR5
SSD SanDisk SDSSDX480GG25 2.5" 480 GB SATA III Internal Solid State Drive (SSD)
HARD DRIVES Four Seagate - Barracuda 2TB Internal HD Sata II and SATA III
HARD DRIVES Seagate - Barracuda ST1000DN003 1 TB 3.5" Internal HD Sata III
DVD DRIVE ASUS 24X DVD Burner Black SATA Model DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS - OEM
BLU-RAY DRIVE Pioneer Black SATA Blu-ray Burner BDR-206DBKS
CPU Intel Core i7-3930K Sandy Bridge-E 3.2GHz (3.8GHz Turbo)130W Six-Core Processor BX80619i73930K
Microsoft Office Microsoft Office 2010 Home & Student 3-User
Microsoft Outlook Microsoft Office Outlook 2010
Extra Case Fan Rosewill RFX-120BL 120mm 2 Ball Bearing Blue LED Case Fan

Tesla's Electric Mist
Tesla's Electric Mist
Price: $0.00

4.0 out of 5 stars A good mystery game but not very long or challenging!, August 4, 2015
This review is from: Tesla's Electric Mist (App)
The main screen has links to purchase a new games titles Mount Olympus. There is also a button requesting a star rating and a review.

This is a mystery game and you are to find a hidden device on your aunt’s estate and help rescue Tesla and help save the city of Colorado Springs. You have to search the house to find items and clues to help solve the mystery. The graphics of the game are good and the music and sound effects are also good. There are hints to help solve some of the puzzles.

This is an OK game but fairly simple to move though and for a skilled app player the playing time will be a little over an hour. The app is interesting and I enjoyed playing it. The key is just finding the right clues and going back to the room locations where you can apply them. I rated the game at 4 stars and

• Modify or delete the contents of your SD card
• Read the contents of your SD card
• Full network access
• View network connections
• Control vibration

The app contains the code for Facebook. It contains no adware or malware or analytics code.

The app installed 151MB into my device memory and I manually moved it to my SD card. It left 7.52MB in my device memory and moved 157MB to my SD card.

2001: A Space Odyssey
2001: A Space Odyssey
Price: $1.99

5.0 out of 5 stars A Sci-Fi classic that is a must read for a lover of the genre!, August 3, 2015
This book was published when I was in High School and I purchased it and read it then. I just recently repurchased it for my Kindles to reread. The book is a classic of Science Fiction and it is a must read for anyone that loves Sci-Fi. I read the book before I saw the movie and I think that is the right way to understand this story. Both the book and the movie are entertaining in their own way.

I will not ruin the plot or the storyline but it is an interesting one with the aliens influencing mankind on the path of intelligence and learning. This is a good book and it is a good story without wars or combat with aliens. It is about understanding how mankind developed and where we might be headed in the future. I like this book and I recommend it.

APC RBC123 Replacement Battery Cartridge No 123
APC RBC123 Replacement Battery Cartridge No 123
Price: $56.99
44 used & new from $43.68

5.0 out of 5 stars Fit perfectly and it took 60 seconds to install in the UPS system!, August 3, 2015
I own four APC UPS systems in my home and they all decided to develop dead batteries in the same 30 day period. The batteries in the units lasted from 2 ½ years to 4 ½ years but the timing for all of them to go bad at the same time is just bad luck and expensive. This battery was for an APC Back-UPS XS 1300 units with a model number BX1300G. The battery pack is two 12 VDC 7AH batteries wired together in a plug in package and the voltage across the two batteries in series was 26.74 VDC.

The battery fit in the unit perfectly and it took about 60 seconds to change out. I use the UPS units to back up expensive computers and servers and video surveillance systems with alarms. The UPS systems have worked well so I can't complain. We have multiple power failures and voltage surges. The original set of batteries in this unit reported through the electronics that it experienced 115 power events including surges, brownouts and power losses. I use software on the server to do a clean shutdown of the server when the UPS is running and it reaches a battery reserve of 40%. The server also sends me an email to tell me that it is having power issues and it is shutting down.

These batteries are expensive but I use them to avoid damage to expensive custom built computers and servers. So far they have served their purpose and done their job well. This was a good product and it worked perfectly. Hopefully 3 to 5 years from now it is still working! I rated it at 5 stars!

Monsters Ate My Condo
Monsters Ate My Condo
Price: $0.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Just as silly as it was the first time it was a FAOTD and it still reads your account data!, August 3, 2015
This review is from: Monsters Ate My Condo (App)
I downloaded this game the first time it was an FAOTD. I didn’t like the app and I deleted it. I found the game silly and not entertaining. I also don’t like apps that like to open and read your account data.

I rate the app 2 stars and I deleted it again form my tablet.

• Modify or delete the contents of your SD card
• Read the contents of your SD card
• Find accounts on the device
• Full network access
• Google play license check
• View network connections

This app contains no adware or malware. It doesn’t need it with links to purchase games from the developer by touching more and then you can select Adult Swim Games or PIKPOk Games.

The app installed 47.53MB into my device memory. I manually moved it to my SD card. It left 5.33MB in my device memory and it moved 51.12MB onto my SD card.

HDE Create Your Own Shot Glass Ice Cube Tray Mold Summer Drink Mixing Shooter
HDE Create Your Own Shot Glass Ice Cube Tray Mold Summer Drink Mixing Shooter
Offered by HDE
Price: $8.50
3 used & new from $4.90

4.0 out of 5 stars A nice way to start off a party!, August 2, 2015
This is a mold shot glass making ice tray. It will freeze 4 shot glasses at a time. The tray is made out of silicone and it is food grade safe. Each shot glass has a one ounce capacity and since it is totally made of ice it chills your shot quickly. If you want to make the shot glass last longer then put your alcohol in the freezer. It will not freeze because of the alcohol content and it will become very cold.

If you are looking for a way to start a party and loosen everyone up then this is a good and innovative concept. Use orange juice for the shot glass and serve ice cold vodka in the glasses. Make different colors of shot glasses using different colors of juices to add flavor to the liquor as the glass melts. Cranberry juice, orange juice, apple juice or grape juice can flavor your liquor and make taking a shot more fun. You can eat the frozen glass or drop it into a mixed drink to cool it off.

The base of the shot glass is an octagon shape to give you a surface to hold onto. This is a nice concept and it is a unique way to "break the ice" when starting a party off.

Conquest (Star Force Series Book 4)
Conquest (Star Force Series Book 4)
Price: $5.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as the previous books in the series!, August 2, 2015
I got this book using the Kindle Unlimited plan. I had read the first three books and liked them. This one for me was not as enjoyable. I felt that the character development was poor and the constant battles between Kyle Riggs and the Admiral Crow of the Space Force is just over the top. The entire human species faces annihilation and these two men cannot get along and banter back and forth like children.

On top of that Kyle’s girlfriend acts like a child and detracts from the story. She is an incompetent child mentality in the body of a beautiful woman with almost super like powers. Unfortunately her behavior is just too much to put up with and for me ruins the story.

I thought the third book of the series was pretty good but the main characters in this fourth story are unfocused and beyond belief. The quality of the story line is going down and the plot ventures on ridiculous. I am not sure if it is worth continuing reading the series.

Starlink (Full)
Starlink (Full)
Price: $1.96

3.0 out of 5 stars Stellar warfare!, August 2, 2015
This review is from: Starlink (Full) (App)
This game is a space battle for the dominance of your area. It can be a small quadrant of space or a larger area. You guide your ships to the stars you choose to fight and win or to defend the area. Your ships swarm to the areas and fight the enemy and destroy them. You have to follow the star paths so some routes can be long and even dangerous with various space anomalies along the way that can destroy your ships. I play against the AI and it is an OK game.

It is more of a balance your resources and don't let the enemy take over your stars. They are relentless also. The game does have a simple tutorial but overall it lacks real instructions. It is an interesting being the admiral of the space fleet and trying to destroy the enemy. When all of the enemies are destroyed you win.

The graphics are simple but adequate. There are sound effects but they are not that helpful in the game or especially good in any way. I rated the app at 3 stars as entertains but it could have been better. Instructions would be a good place to start to improve the app. In addition I found the screen to unresponsive at times.

* Full network access
* Google play billing services
* View network connections
* Prevent tablet from sleeping

The app contains Google InApp billing. At no time did I see an InApp purchase item. There are no adware programs or malware items in the app.

The app installed 15.04MB into my device memory and 58.25MB onto my SD card.

Red by Giorgio Beverly Hills for Women Eau de Toilette Spray 3.0 oz
Red by Giorgio Beverly Hills for Women Eau de Toilette Spray 3.0 oz
Offered by His & Her
Price: $22.50
16 used & new from $21.28

4.0 out of 5 stars A fragrance that goes on strong but fades to a sultry and alluring scent!, August 1, 2015
Every time I traveled overseas I would buy my wife a coming home gift. Many times it was a bottle of parfum or cologne. This fragrance to me is strong and floral with a tint to a woody fragrance and musk. It goes on strong but fades to a good level of fragrance quickly, just do not over apply. This is one of those fragrances that a little goes a long way and stays with you throughout the day.

My wife has stopped wearing strong parfums as she has matured as she tells me that it is just overwhelming to her sense of smell. This is still a very good parfum and it just needs to be applied sparingly and then it is sultry and alluring. I like this fragrance and I recommend it to you. I rate it a 4 star as a compromise to my wife. I have posted a photo for your reference.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20