Length:: 9:24 Mins
As you turn on the speaker you will hear a tone and then the speaker Bluetooth LED comes on. Have your smart device within 3 feet and your smart device will pop up Sharkk Beast in the Bluetooth connection table, touch it and it will pair within seconds and the speaker will say CONNECTED. Play your music and prepare to be stunned with the quality of the sound. Excellent treble and bass like you have never heard from a Bluetooth speaker before. This speaker just ROCKS and the volume output and audio quality is perfect. No distortion when turned all of the way on and perfect clarity. Perfect sound from low volume settings to fully turned up!
This is the best sounding Bluetooth speaker that I have heard and you will enjoy it. It has a 45 Watt 2.1 speaker system with two 10 watt speakers and a 25 Watt bass sub-woofer speaker output. The bass speaker is mounted facing down and it really adds to the quality of the music. The bottom has a molded rubber wrap around foot that holds the speaker stable and it also slightly tilts the speaker.
This speaker is beautifully designed and solidly built. There are no rattles of noises caused by a loose case or vibration. The case is black anodized aluminum or black painted metal and the back portion is a rubberized texture.
The first thing you want to do is to charge the speaker using the AC power adapter. The battery LED lights up red and it will turn green when the batteries are fully charged. The internal batteries are rated at 11.1 VDC at 4400 mAh. That is 48.84 Watt hours of power in the batteries. That is 6 lithium ion batteries that will provide up to 12 hours of continuous play time. There is even a USB power output port that you can use to power and recharge your smart device and items like an iPhone can be recharged multiple times.
The top has lit switches and LEDs to indicate what functions you are using. The LEDS are:
• Battery charge light and you can charge the speaker regardless of whether it is off or on. The LED flashes red when the battery is low, it is red while the battery is charging and it is green with the battery is fully charged. The power indicator is off when the speaker is not charging.
• The USB charging output light when it is turned on
• The AUX LED
• The Bluetooth LED which lights up solid when you are using Bluetooth or it flashes when you are paring the speaker.
• A near field NFC logo to indicate where you can put your NFC compatible device to pair it. note: the NFC logo is not backlit.
In addition, on the top is:
• A microphone port to allow you to make hands free phone calls
• A thermal detection switch the will light up the button for about 5 seconds by simply waving a hand or a finder over the top of the speaker.
• A phone button to allow you to answer a phone call or to use SIRI or S-Voice.
• A down volume button
• An up volume button
• A play pause button
• An AUX button
• A Bluetooth button to connect to your device and the speaker has Bluetooth 4.0 capability.
• A USB power output button. The power bank feature can only be used when the speaker is turned on.
• And a power button which you have to press for 3 seconds to turn on the speaker and 2 seconds to turn it off.
The back has a power input port, the AUX input port, the USB power output port, a micro USB port to update the software if needed and a reset button.
What’s in the box?
• The Beast speaker that weighs in at 62 ounces or 3.875 pounds. Yes, it is big and heavy and powerful.
• An AC charger the operates on 100 to 240 VAC at 50/60 Hz. Its output is 15 volts at 2.5 Amps. It is UL listed. Its output cable is 60 inches long from the AC wall plug tips to the end of the cable.
• A Sharkk decal
• An instruction manual
• A 32-inch-long MP3 AUX cable to connect your non Bluetooth devices.
What is missing is a nice carrying bag with a handle as this baby is big, heavy and you will want to take it with you as you go to parties, picnics and to events just to play your favorite music. You will not want to bang up this speaker and it looks so good and sounds great!
This is an outstanding quality speaker with the best sound I have heard from a Bluetooth speaker. I rated it at 5 stars.
I was supplied a sample for test and evaluation. A review was not promised to the supplier in exchange for the sample but I stated that if I provided a review that it would be fair and honest.