Profile for JJCEO > Reviews

Top Reviewer Ranking: 3

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

JJCEO RSS Feed (Greenwood, Indiana)
(TOP 10 REVIEWER)    (#1 Hall OF FAME REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Graham Hands Down Soak Off Gel Nail Wraps, 100 Count
Graham Hands Down Soak Off Gel Nail Wraps, 100 Count
Offered by Cosmetics Central
Price: $19.65
3 used & new from $19.64

5.0 out of 5 stars This is a good product that just works better than the other methods!, March 3, 2015
Length:: 1:36 Mins

Every lady in our family is using Gelish gel polishes on their nails and now they are trading ideas on the best products that they have tried that worked well. These Graham Hands Down Soak Off Gel Nail Wraps seem to really rank very well over other techniques that the women have been using to remove the old polish before applying a new polish.
They have all tried:

* Soaking their nails in a small bowl of nail polish remover - uses too much nail polish remover
* Soaking their nails in a nail soaking tray - still uses too much nail polish remover
* Individual finger nails soakers - leaked out polish remover, tight on bigger fingers, loose on small fingers, plastic tops attacked by the acetone in the nail polish
* Cotton balls soaked in nail polish remover and wrapped each finger in aluminum foil - awkward and easily fell off before the polish was removed.

These nail wraps used less polish remover, were easy to put on and they stayed in place. They were comfortable to wear and they fit multiple sizes of fingers easily. You can put them on one hand and when the polish is removed (In about 10 to 15 minutes) you can take them off add some more remover to the pads and reuse them on the other hand.

That is because most of the time the old polish comes off in one piece and you can very easily reuse the pads on the other hand. This box is enough to do your hands 20 times (using 5 pads to do both hands) and if your polish lasts for 2 weeks then you can use one box for about 40 weeks.

Getting gel polish off of your nails can be a bit of a problem and these pads just make the job so much easier. If the gel nail polish is applied properly it really stays in place and it can be hard to remove when you what to redo your nails.
These pads are comfortable, you are less likely to spill polish remover on your furniture and counter tops and they work well. My daughter in law who found these says they are 5 stars and she purchased these on Amazon!

Sannysis 10PC Wearable Nail Soak Soakers Polish Remover DIY Acrylic UV Gel Cap Tip Set For You
Offered by E for world
Price: $2.57
16 used & new from $1.88

2.0 out of 5 stars They leak and don't work very well!, March 3, 2015
Length:: 1:32 Mins

Very poor performance when compared to other polish removing techniques! Out of 5 different techniques the family tested this was the worst performer and got the lowest score. These have not been a good product. Some of the issues are:

* They leak fingernail polish
* They can be loose on small hands
* They are tight on larger hands and still leak
* If you overfill the reservoir then you spill nail polish even worse
* If you under fill the reservoir then they will not work well
* Many people are complaining about the tops dissolving from the nail polish. Since we stopped using them this did not happen as they are no longer in use.
* If they are filled to cover your nail completely you waste lot of fingernail polish remover and you cannot pour it back into the bottle.

Overall they just did not work well and we found other ways to remove the gel polishes with less mess and aggravation.

BlizeTec Titanium Folding Knife: All Purpose Survival Pocket Knife with G10 Handle
Offered by BlizeTec
Price: $79.99

5.0 out of 5 stars This knife is excellent quality and ruggedly made. Perfect for many uses!, March 3, 2015
Length:: 6:00 Mins

This is an excellent folding knife with a locking blade. The knife when closed is 5 inches long and the blade is 3.8 inches long. The blade is made of #3CR14 stainless steel and titanium ion coated to improve the corrosion resistance of the blade. Titanium is a metal that is corrosion and erosion resistant and it forms a titanium oxide layer that makes it immune to many types of chemicals and acids to make the knife more corrosion resistant. The blade is shaped in the classic drop point style.

The blade of the knife has two easy open knobs on it to allow you quickly open the knife and use it. It makes one handed operation fast and simple. It is good for LH or RH people. The blade has a 2 inch long straight edge and the serrated edge is about 1.5 inches long. There is a blood groove or blood channel on both sides of the knife. It has nothing to do with blood but it is actually a mechanical design enhancement to strengthen the knife blade and make it stronger and less likely to bend. Think of it like the shape of an I-Beam and how the channels make the I-Beam stronger.
The knife comes with a tail lanyard which is good for use around water so you won't drop the knife and lose it. It also makes it easier to hold onto when your hands are wet and slippery. I do wish the lanyard had an adjustment for size because it you have a smaller hand size you may still lose the knife.

The handle is made of G10 material which is a layered composite of fiberglass. It is compressed and baked and it is very strong and light weight. There are finger grooves in the handle to improve your grip as well as a nice textured surface. The inner part of the handle is a steel channel that is black anodized and it make the knife very strong. That is what makes the knife heavier than most folding pocket knives and it also makes it stronger and more rugged.

With this knife you get:
* A high quality knife made from high quality materials and it weighs in at 6.95 ounces. Compare that to a similar sized folding Gerber knife at 2.65 ounces. I show the differences in my video.
* The knife has a lanyard hole and a lanyard at the end of the handle. I use a lanyard on many knifes especially if I am going to be in the wilderness and around water. It is too easy to drop a good knife and lose it. PLUNK!
* A nice nylon belt sheath comes with the knife. In addition the knife has a metal belt or pocket clip.

This is an excellent blade and emergency knife. It is good for working in the yard, camping, to put into your bug out bag, self-defense or just for use in emergencies. I like it a lot and I rated it at 5 stars.

I was supplied a sample for test and evaluation. A review was not promised to the supplier in exchange for the sample but I stated that if I provided a review that it would be fair and honest.

Photive BLADE Ultra Slim Wireless Bluetooth Speaker with built in Microphone and 15 Hour Battery. Premium Aluminum housing, Bluetooth 4.0, Mobile Power Bank [2015 New Release] Black
Offered by Amazing Deals Online
Price: $49.95
2 used & new from $49.95

5.0 out of 5 stars A nice stereo Bluetooth speaker that also has enough power to charge my smartphone!, March 2, 2015
Length:: 6:15 Mins

This is a nicely designed and lightweight stereo Bluetooth speaker. It weighs 11.6 ounces. It has two 3 watt speakers in it and the audio quality is good with solid bass and good clear treble. The unit comes with a 24 inch long auxiliary cable with 3.5 mm stereo plugs on each end so you can use your devices that do not have Bluetooth connectability. It also comes with a 24 inch long USB to Micro USB charging cable. It comes with an instruction manual.

The speaker has a very nice grill on the front that makes it stand out as a nice looking and high quality item. Not only is this a good speaker but it also contains a rechargeable 3000 mAh battery that can be used to charge your smart phone. It has enough power to fully charge my iPhone 5S. Lithium batteries are only about 70% effective when used to charge other batteries so the 3000 mAh battery will output about 2100 mAh. My iPhone 5S battery uses 1560mAh to be fully charged.

Under the silicone flap on the end is a small button that allows you to check the battery's charge level and to start the charging process. On the other end of the speaker are four LEDs that indicate the battery's charged level. When charging the speaker's battery the LEDs flash to indicate the amount at which the battery is charged. The is also the auxiliary input port, the USB power output port and the micro USB charging input port under the flap. The flap is nicely labeled to help you to use the right ports.

The charging input voltage should be 5 VDC at 1 amp per the instruction manual. You can use your computer's USB 2.0 post (500mA), a USB 3.0 port (900mA) or your smart phone charger to charge the speaker. Any AC wall charger or a vehicle USB charger will also work fine. It is not possible to be charging the speaker and using the charging output port at the same time.

The output charging port charged my iPhone at 1 amp and 5 VDC and I show this in my video with a USB voltage and current tester.

On the top of the speaker you have the power button, the Bluetooth pairing LED, the volume up and down buttons that also act as the skip forward and skip back buttons and the play/pause button that also helps you to pair the speaker. The speaker uses Bluetooth 4.0 and I show how to pair the speaker in my video. The working range is 33 feet and in my testing it worked fine in a straight line distance but the working distance was about 25 to 30 feet when shooting through 2 or 3 walls. When the speaker is first turned on it automatically goes into the pairing mode when it is new. (See my video) From that point on when I turned it on it immediately paired with my iPhone.

I play some music in the video and the sound quality is excellent. The speaker is thin and light weight and it is easy to carry with you. I do wish that it came with a velour carrying bag to protect it while you are carrying it in your backpack or luggage. The speaker also has a microphone in it and you can use the speaker to make and receive hands free phone calls. I made several calls and the quality of the voices on both ends of the call was very good. There was no crosstalk between the speaker and the microphone.

This is a very nice speaker and I rated it at 5 stars. It is good for entertainment to listen to your music, movies or audio books and it is a backup emergency charger for your phone.

iHome iDL45BC Lightning Dock, Black
iHome iDL45BC Lightning Dock, Black
Price: $80.62
60 used & new from $50.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful sound and alarm clock and I love the digital interface using my iPhone 5S!, March 2, 2015
Length:: 9:55 Mins

This iHome digital clock radio is just amazing. You can charge your Apple lightning connector devices, and another USB charged device and play music from four different sources. You can play music from the Lightning connector dock on top of the unit, the USB port using your cable for any USB device, the FM stereo radio and the auxiliary input port.

I was charging my iPhone 5S an Apple iPad Air at the same time. This system is so smart that as soon as I plugged in my iPhone 5S it synced the date and time to the clock instantly. I show this in my video as well as how to use the smart apps for set up and how to update the iHome firmware. Make sure that you download several apps from the iTunes store as they are invaluable for use with the radio. One very important one is the iHome Set app which sets up your iPhone or iPad as set up devices that allow you to quickly program the clock while your smart device is docked using your touch screen and reading in clear text. This is an amazing user interface that is fast and easy to use.

You can set up the iHome radio/alarm clock using its controls or your smart device. Using your smart device you can even ask your phone to look for an iHome firmware update, and there was one. It downloaded the update and loaded it into the clock radio. Amazing technology and I show this in my video! The other app is called iHome+Sleep and you should download it also. The user interface using the apps is great and I show part of it using my iPhone including updating the firmware. I go over the controls and using the radio and docking station in my video and I hope it is helpful for you. I am sorry that it is long but there is a lot to cover and I got excited about the technology and the quality of the device that I was seeing.

The sound coming out of the system is simply amazing. The treble and bass were very good and the easy ability to switch between different sources is fast and easy. I loved the fact that you can set up one alarm to wake you using music from the lightning port dock and another alarm to wake you off of any other input source using another device. That way if your spouse gets up and takes their phone then your alarm wakes you up using your smart device, buzzer or radio!

You get one lightning charging dock and one USB charging and playing dock in the unit. The AC power supply is rated at 100 to 240 VAC and 50/60 Hz. It is designed to meet UL standards.

This is a powerful digital alarm clock that does so much for iPhone and iPad users that I recommend it as a very good product. There is even an internal battery to keep the clock working when you have a power failure. The internal battery is a CR2450 battery and you can easily replace it. Make sure to remove the pull tab out of the bottom of the unit to activate the battery's connection to the radio.

You can set up 6 primary FM radio stations and the radio reception quality was very good. In my video I play some music and the quality will amaze you. The system even has a bedtime mode that allows you to set a time of 120, 90, 60, 30 and 15 minutes that your music will play and slowly ramp down the volume to allow you to go asleep. The radio has a nice large snooze bar with programmable snooze times and you can also dim the brightness of the display so it does not disturb you at night. This radio has thought of everything and I like it a lot.

The only issue that I can see is that it is ideal to dock your iPhones and iPads when they are out of the case. If they are in a case that is thicker on the bottom then you cannot use the top dock with some cases. The lightning connector is not long enough to accommodate a thick bottomed case. ( Apple only makes one length of Lightning plug) To be honest I did not count this against my rating as I have seen many docking stations from the very expensive down to lower priced ones and they all have this issue. This product in technology and sound quality is superior to many that I have heard that cost 2 to 3 times as much. This is a great product and I recommend it to you!

I was supplied a sample for test and evaluation and I promised to provide a fair and honest review.

Dangerous Games: Prisoners of Destiny Collector's Edition (Full)
Dangerous Games: Prisoners of Destiny Collector's Edition (Full)
Price: $2.99

4.0 out of 5 stars A good mystery puzzle game but I didn’t enjoy it as much as some other Big Fish Games!, March 2, 2015
This is a good game. I played it on a Samsung Tab 4 eight inch tablet. The graphics, video, animation and sound were good. The app has a reasonable story line and it is a good mystery app but I found the game play to be more tedious than some of the other Big Fish games. Going back and forth so much just made me get tired of playing and I stopped multiple times because of that reason. I played this app over many days for a little bit at a time. While I still liked the app I just felt that it wasn’t as good as some of the other Big Fish Games. There is a good bonus chapter to the app after you beat the game.

The app contains a good hint button to help you. There is also a map feature to help you to move more quickly through the elaborate design of the Game World you are in. There is also a good strategy guide to help walk you through an area where you may be stuck. The app does play with your WIFI turned off.

The app is very large and it installed 642MB onto my tablet. It put 11.43MB into my tablet's memory and 604MB onto my SD card. It also had 8MB of data in my device memory after I played the app and 400 KB of data on the SD card. Make sure that you are connected to a good WIFI to down load this app. I would really only play the app on a tablet and it would be, IMHO, to difficult to play on a smart phone as items would be too small. I am not even sure if it is compatible with a smart phone. Check and make sure your device can play this game before you purchase it.

Permissions:
* read phone status and identity
* modify or delete storage of your USB storage
* find accounts on your device - not a good permission
* full network access
* view network connections
* view WIFI connections
* retrieve running apps
* prevent tablet from sleeping

The app also contains Amazon InApp Billing but I was not asked to purchase anything to play this app and I finished it completely. Other apps were offered for purchase at times and I just ignored the requests. The app also contains five different Analytics programs that track your actions within the app. They are Amazon Insights, Flurry, Kontagent, MobileAppTracking, and Upsight. This seems like a massive overkill to gather information. Since I play these type of apps on tablets only dedicated to games I don’t worry about the permissions as much as I would on other tablets.

I liked the app and I rated it 4 stars.

Herb-Ox Bouillon Packets Chicken Instant Broth & Seasoning Sodium Free 1.2 oz Box (Gluten Free) 2 PACK
Offered by Rocko's Emporium
Price: $9.96
3 used & new from $9.96

5.0 out of 5 stars This is a good broth maker that is healthy for you to use!, March 1, 2015
Broth is part of the basis for a lot of our meals. We use this bouillon to add to our meals for multiple reasons. This is a good start for many soups, main course meals or gravies.

Whether it is chicken of beef flavored it adds flavor to your meal without adding fat and provides an ideal bouillon to use to make gravy with or to use as a basting sauce to roast or broil your meat in.

You are getting all the flavor and you add your own water to make it as concentrated as you would like. You can dissolve the bouillon powder in hot water and pour it into your food to cook it or simply stir it in without any water at all. You can even add it to vegetables to get a beef or chicken flavor added to them.

This is great tasting and fast to make. It contains only 2 carbs, 1 sugar and 1 protein per serving. If you are on a low salt and low fat diet then this is the ideal product for you. We use it all the time and it tastes good and we like the benefits that it brings to our meals as far as added flavor without some of the negative factors that you can get with other brands. It lets you use less oil and butter while cooking and still make a tasty meal. We like this product and we believe you will to.

Poweradd™ Carmate 2 12V Car Jump Starter Emergency Battery Charger Power Bank with LED Flashlight for iPhone, iPad, Samsung, Android Phones, Tablets and other USB Charged Devices
Offered by PoweraddDirect
Price: $259.99

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent kit that provides a car jump starter, flashlight, strobe light, SOS signal and a way to charge your devices!, March 1, 2015
Length:: 9:43 Mins

This is an exceptional product that you can use to jump start your car, have a good flashlight, strobe light emergency road sign, SOS light or use the battery to charge your phone or tablet in an emergency.

What's in the box?
* An instruction sheet that is OK but in broken English.
* An AC wall charger that is UL approved and its output is 20VDC at 2 Amp and it operates on 100 to 240 VAC and 50/60 Hertz. The charging cable ends in a round plug and the cord is 48 inches long.
* The cable clamps are attached to a cable adapter to allow you to connect to the battery pack and then to your car's battery. It has a nice set of battery clamps and the wiring is made of a large diameter gauge of wire. The cable is 16 inches long from the plug to the end of the cable clamps.
* A metal tilt stand so you can use the battery as a highway warning light and have it stand up. I think it would also be useful to use the stand in your back window and stand up the SOS flashing mode facing backwards out of the rear window to attract the attention of a policeman if you need help. It would also help a tow truck to find you on a dark road. I do wish the stand had a locking mechanism to hold it open when in use.
* Make sure if you need to use the USB port to charge your phone or smart device that you take your own device charging cables with you.

Here are the features of the battery pack:

* You can jump start a car that has an gasoline powered engine of equal to or less than 3.6 liter engine size up to 20 times when the battery pack is fully charged. Make sure that the battery voltage of the battery pack is not lower than 40 percent
* The battery pack contains lithium batteries rated at 13,500 mAh and in my testing they output 9,585 mAh of capacity for a 71% efficiency which is good for this style of battery.
* The unit has a USB charging output port and you can charge your smart devices. The port has a rating of 5 VDC at 2.4 Amps.
* The side of the battery is an excellent built in flashlight that can also flash in a strobe mode as a warning sign or in an SOS signal in an emergency. This is very nice for when your car breaks down and you need to see under the hood or to flag down a police officer. The highway warning sign is just really great and for me it is one of the most impressive parts of the battery design. You turn on the flashlight by pressing the power button for a few seconds for on or off. When the flashlight is on a single press turns on the next flashlight operating mode.
* The battery pack has an LED on it to indicate the charge of the battery.
* The jump starter plug is keyed so you cannot plug it in incorrectly. Make sure that it is firmly seated to have the best connection possible as it carries a log of current when in use.
* The battery jumper cable section plugs into the battery when you need it. It is short circuit protected, reverse polarity protected, over voltage and low voltage protected.

1. To jump start your car make sure that your battery pack is 40% charged or above.
2. Plug the jumper cable adapter into the Carmate2 battery pack and connect the jumper cables to the battery of your vehicle.
3. After you plug in the jumper clamps into the battery pack then connect the clamps to the car battery's correct terminals (red clamp connects to the positive pole, black clamp connects to the negative pole).
4. You can now attempt to start the engine.
5. If the car does not start then disconnect the jumper cables and wait 10 seconds and then reconnect them and try again.
9. Once the engine starts then immediately remove the jumper cable clamps from the vehicle battery within 10 seconds.

This is a good product and it is highly portable. I was recently at the GM dealer and they were selling a similar unit over the counter for about $165. This is a good product sold at a good price. It is ideal in emergency situations and I rated it at 5 stars.

Metrokane Wine Rabbit Corkscrew with Houdini Aerating Pourer , Replacement Worm **BONUS** Wine Pourer/stopper
Offered by Number 1 In Service
Price: $79.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Best cork puller I have ever seen, a great gift for family and friends!, March 1, 2015
Length:: 3:12 Mins

This is an amazing tool and an amazing kit. The Rabbit corkscrew is the fastest and easiest way I have seen to remove corks out of wine bottles. It literally takes about 3 seconds and not much work and it is actually fun to use. In my video I show how to use this amazing device and it works perfectly. I take the cork out of a 20 year old bottle of red wine and it was fast and easy. You know how the older bottles of wine are hard to remove the corks from without them splitting. This one came out like a dream.

In the box you will also find a replacement cork screw. According to the instructions they do wear out after pulling 1000 corks. You will also find a wine bottle foil cutter and a wine pourer that aerates the wine as you pour it. You can actually hear it working.

The Rabbit cork puller features all metal gear teeth made from hardened metal. It has a 10 year warranty and it was designed to pull 20,000 corks with no problems. The rabbit is available in black, red and silver. After you pull the cork out of the bottle you can quickly remove the cork from the puller in a second without even touching it. I show this in my video.

The aerator pourer worked nicely but in our case we had a bottle of wine from early 1994 and it needed to breathe a little longer. The foil cutter worked well also. The Rabbit has a nice ergonomically designed grip with soft rubber grips on it to cushion your hand.

This is an excellent product and it works like a dream. It is professionally designed and it is high quality. The handles are made of plastic but with the high gloss red finish on the one I have they looked great. I rated it as a five star item.

I received a sample product for evaluation and I promised to provide a fair and honest review.

Crisco No-Stick Butter Cooking Spray, 6 oz, 2 pk
Crisco No-Stick Butter Cooking Spray, 6 oz, 2 pk
Price: $7.20
6 used & new from $7.20

5.0 out of 5 stars A great nonstick spray with the taste of butter and no calories!, February 28, 2015
We try to avoid using too much cooking oil and salt in the preparation of our food. We have found this Crisco nonstick spray as a nice way to help us avoid using too much oil which is fattening. We used this spray this morning to cook our fried eggs for breakfast. It adds a nice butter flavor to our eggs without all of the oiliness of oils and the calories of real butter. This is a good product and I rated it at 5 stars.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20