Profile for Jonnybrew > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 12

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Jonnybrew RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2
Quaker Life Cereal Whole Grain Quaker Oats Cereal 2 Pack of 31oz
Quaker Life Cereal Whole Grain Quaker Oats Cereal 2 Pack of 31oz
Offered by Buy Better
Price: $12.21
25 used & new from $12.17

1.0 out of 5 stars Holy crumbs!!!, February 18, 2014
I bought 3 boxes Sold by Since 1901 and Fulfilled by Amazon. The cereal is so smashed up, it's about 85% crumbs. For the first half of the bag, it was somewhat tolerable. But now that I hit the second half of the bag, its all crumbs! I just could not finish my cereal this morning, because all the crumbs absorb the milk and you end up with a sawgy mess within a minute of pouring the milk.

Life cereal is the best cereal in my opinion, but it leaves a lot to be desired when its smashed up into small pieces and mostly crumbs. I bought 3 boxes and I hate the idea of all this cereal going to waste.

Understand, to have some broken cereal and crumbs on the bottom of the bag is what I consider to be normal, but this cereal was smashed all the way through. I had visions of warehouse people playing soccer with my cereal boxes. Or maybe the Quaker factory swept their floor and emptied a day's worth of crumbs from the dustpan into my boxes of cereal. It's really that bad! No joke...Terribly disappointing.

I will go back to buying Quaker Life Cereal, Original, 13-Ounce Boxes (Pack of 4). I have bought this cereal several times in the past with no problems at all with smashed cereal.

SecureAnywhere AntiVirus 2015 | 3 Devices, 1 Year | PC Download
SecureAnywhere AntiVirus 2015 | 3 Devices, 1 Year | PC Download
Price: $32.08

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly reccomend, December 14, 2013
Finally an Antivirus software that does not take over your computer and network while wrecking everything in its path. This software is a dream, does what its supposed to do with out slowing everything down. I can't even tell that its on. It does not slow down your boot up time or shut down. Its protection without a huge performance price.

I have a windows 7 Asus laptop with about 700G HD and about half that available and it took 1m26s to scan my whole computer and the 111 processes. Most full scans from past experience with other antivirus software would take 15 to 20 minutes. This software is so fast in comparison.

The download and install was very simple on Amazon. After download, there will be a window to view the product key. I copy / pasted mine during set up and printed a copy of the page for safe keeping. Set up is simple. Best of all it works!!! No install issues or days lost troubleshooting the install with technical support.

The main screen for this program is laid out nicely, easy to make common changes to settings, and displays scanner stats. An advanced icon in the upper right corner gives you access to well organized advance settings. Pretty straight forward and easy to use.

[My computer is still recovering from McAfee. Never again will I install McAfee on my computer. In short, the software is so messed up that I can't uninstall it without it locking up. It slowed down my computer speed drastically and would always hang up the shutdown. My email and web browsing was so slow. It also took over my network, blocking all my devices from accessing the web. Even after letting it know they are safe, it would change it's mind and decide they were intruders. What a nightmare...]

In comparison to McAfee and previous years with Norton, this software is amazing! I feel like I have my computer back. I highly recommend it to anyone looking for protection without surrendering your computer and network to the control of a dysfunctional antivirus. The performance with this software is great and like no other. While other protection software is like a bad marriage, this software works like a dream and you almost don't even know its there. Protection without invading and taking over my computer...No headaches...I'm a believer! Takes up so little space too...Am I dreaming or what...gotta love the cloud!

Webroot got it right and other antivirus manufacturers should take notice.
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 26, 2015 5:19 AM PDT

Super Bird Creations 16 by 6-Inch Top of the Heap Bird Toy, Large
Super Bird Creations 16 by 6-Inch Top of the Heap Bird Toy, Large
Price: $22.14
7 used & new from $15.54

5.0 out of 5 stars My Yellow Collar miniature macaw loves it - But big safety concern!!!, October 9, 2013
My Yellow Collar Miniature Macaw loves this toy. It's large enough that he can hang from it, swing on it, and of course chew on it. This is his new favorite toy.

But it does have a somewhat major flaw if your bird loves to chew on plastic. You will notice that the main chain attaches to a round plastic spoke. Then the 4 sections of block attach to the same round plastic spoke. Well my bird chewed through this plastic part and the whole thing came crashing down. Luckily he was on top while chewing on it, so my feathered friend was not hurt.

To fix it, I took one of the screw tight hangers / clasps (that all the bird toys come with to hang from the cage). I used it in place of the broken plastic spoke and gave the toy a safer second life. My bird was so happy to have his favorite toy back.

To the manufacturer, consider replacing the plastic round spoke(green plastic part in the photo, mine is orange)with something metal to connect the toy to the hanging chain. Then maybe just let the plastic piece hang off for additional chewing fun for birds (and not for critical structural support). The metal piece in place of plastic will improve safety (because this toy is heavy in comparison to most birds and a bird could get hurt if it comes crashing down on top of them)

I would buy this toy again, but will use (or re-use from an old toy) a metal clasp in place of the plastic spoke.

Pentek ECP1-20BB Pleated Cellulose Polyester Filter Cartridge, 20" x 4-1/2", 1 Micron
Price: $30.61
5 used & new from $22.99

5.0 out of 5 stars A great pre-filter for city water, July 28, 2013
This filter is great for those who want to filter chlorinated city water. The pleated resin-impregnated cellulose and polyester fibers provides higher wet strength than regular cellulose cartridges. Because it is pleated, the filter provides 36 square feet of filtering surface area, which is quite amazing when you think it's housed in a 20"x4 1/2" housing. What makes this filter special is that it goes from 50 micron on the outside down to 1 micron on the inside.

This is a great pre-filter for the Pentek FloPlus-20BB Carbon Block Filter Cartridge, 20" x 4-5/8", 0.5 Micron.

The combination of the two filters is incredible. The filter is rated <1 psi @ 20 gpm (<0.1 bar @ 76 Lpm) Here is a link to the manufactures pdf on filter efficiency and performance: [...]

The filters "sediment reduction percentage efficiency" is 1 micron at 83% and 15 micron at 100%
Comment Comments (6) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 8, 2015 2:22 PM PDT

Pentek FloPlus-20BB Carbon Block Filter Cartridge, 20" x 4-5/8", 0.5 Micron
Pentek FloPlus-20BB Carbon Block Filter Cartridge, 20" x 4-5/8", 0.5 Micron
Price: $77.66
12 used & new from $70.83

5.0 out of 5 stars Very satisfied, you get what you pay for..., June 11, 2013
We have city water and wanted a whole house filtration option. We went with two filters, one pre-filter Pentek ECP1-20BB Pleated Cellulose Polyester Filter Cartridge, 20" x 4-1/2", 50 Microns (goes from 50 micron to 1 micron in one filter, used as a pre-filter, which will improve the life of this filter), and this 0.5 micron filter.

You may ask yourself, why is this filter more expensive than something you get for half the price at a big box store. Well not all filters are created equally.

Most carbon filters are 5 micron, this is 0.5 micron. The cheap filters can filter 5 microns at a trickle, open the faucet, and you are loosing microns, where this filter can filter 0.5 microns with the faucet all the way open at your maximum flow rate. This is a long life, high flow filter and the cheap ones will drastically cut down your flow rate and you will need to change them more often. Many filters will make claims on how good they are but the difference is this filter is (NSF/ANSI) standard 53 certified which means it's rated to remove protozoan cysts. Right now there are no other filters in the market that can provide this high of filtration with minimal reduction in flow rate. Be sure to compare GPH when purchasing. Usually, the higher the filtration, the lower the GPH (gallons per hour). The cheap filters claim to have great filtration, but this is at a very low GPH. This filter has the flow rate of a 10 micron filter, but it filters down to 0.5 micron (that and the NSF/ANSI 53 certification is the real difference) In a whole house filtration system, you need great filtration and high GPH and this filter has them both. That's what you are paying for when you spend the extra money on this filter.

Since adding this filter, our water is excellent in taste (it's actually tasteless and better than any bottled water) and has no odor. Our showers are much more enjoyable and we feel extra clean bathing with such pure water. Itchy skin and dry scalp are a thing of the past. Our skin feels so healthy now that chlorine is removed from our bathing water. I can't express enough, the difference these filters will make in your life. The investment will improve your life and the life of your plumbing, plumbing fixtures, HVAC humidifier, hot water tank, rubber gaskets, and appliances. It will save you in the long run.

=======
Update 1/29/2014: We are still very pleased with this filter. One pleasant surprise, the filter is great for watering the garden. We love to garden and have an extensive collection of Japanese maples, conifers, rare perennials, and several bonsai. Our garden responded so well to filtered water from this filter and they remained so healthy through the summer heat. After a Summer of watering and normal household use, its now time to change our filter, which lasted us 10 months (installed 3/2013). We could have stretched it to 1 year, because only a very tiny chlorine odor started to be present this week when we decided to go ahead and change the filter. This filter still remains a great investment!

Update 2/1: We changed our filters today and were surprised by how much dirt the pre-filter caught and how clean the charcoal filter remained. We posted a picture so you can see how dirty the once white pre-filter was from our city water. I also posted a picture of our set up. Most of it was bought on Amazon via Prime, with the exception of the copper pipe and the shut-off valves. Here is a list if you are interested:
Pentek 150296 SW-3 Wrench for #10 Big Blue Housings
2 Culligan WBA HD950 Mount Bracket
2 Pentek 150233, Big Blue, 1" In/Out, #20 Blue/Black, HFPP, w/ PR (they were out of 3/4 in-out, so we went with 1" and used adapters- probably not recommended, but the guy I had to install for me was under time constraints to wait for 3/4" to come back into stock).
We think the initial investment was worth it because we love our clean water now.

For the kitchen sink, we went a step further and purchased a Watts Premier 531130 Filter-Pure UF-3 3-Stage Water Filtration System . This takes it a bit far, as the water from the big blue is fantastic, but for the kitchen sink the watts takes it a small step further and removes several pages of chemicals, metals, elements, viruses, and bacteria. Since we have the big blue up-stream our Watts system filters lasts longer and does not have to work as hard to filter the water, it more less polishes it and puts a nice finishing touch on our filtration process. This may not be necessary and it is a bit overkill for most; but for us, we decided to take it a step further for our drinking water. This was our alternative to a reverse osmosis system and we also considered some very expensive commercial filtration systems. After doing extensive research and considering everything, we made the decision to go with everything above, because it was best for us and the combined systems best fit our home, lifestyle, maintenance commitments, and gave us the best bang for our buck.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 1, 2014 9:10 AM PST

Kotobuki Rectangular Kenzan Flower Arranging Frog, 2-Inch, Black
Kotobuki Rectangular Kenzan Flower Arranging Frog, 2-Inch, Black
Price: $12.98
2 used & new from $12.50

5.0 out of 5 stars Very satisfied!, June 11, 2013
Made of great quality and very sharp. Has a nice weight to the base that adds great stability to the arrangement. The outer bottom and side has a rubber ring around it to prevent slipping or scratching your base. Does not rust like some overpriced cheaply made items (that are made in China). Made in Japan, which is a good thing since this is where the art form originated and they are experts in the art. I recommend this brand to anyone looking to get started in the art of flower arranging or to a master looking for a convenient way to buy these through Amazon Prime. You can't go wrong with these, spend a little extra and get something of quality that will last and will not rust! Very satisfied!

Kotobuki Round Kenzan Flower Arranging Frog, 2-3/8-Inch, Black
Kotobuki Round Kenzan Flower Arranging Frog, 2-3/8-Inch, Black
Price: $18.47
2 used & new from $12.90

5.0 out of 5 stars Very satisfied!, June 11, 2013

Dwarf Mondo Grass - Great to Add Between Steps in a Garden Rare Just with the Landscape!!

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't buy from Jack Rabbit in LA, April 12, 2013
Do not waste your time buying this item from JackRabbit Nursery in McNary, LA. Spoke to Todd Morrow (owner) and he has no intentions of selling on Amazon. He would not return any of my calls or emails. Instead of canceling the order, he accepted it, so that my account shows shipping soon, but he has no intentions of shipping. He is a wholesale grower that sells to garden centers. He decided to "try mail order nursery on Amazon", but then decided "it was not worth his time". When I asked him to cancel my order and remove his listings on Amazon, he said "I don't know what to tell you, call them".

As a responsible business owner one would think he would take the initiative to cancel the order and remove his listings from Amazon, which would save a lot of serious buyers on amazon a lot of grief, but I don't think Todd Morrow really cares what the retail market thinks of his business. I hope he treats his wholesale customers better, because there are a lot of other growers out there that take responsibility of their commitments and operate a customer focused business. Todd is a joke!

I realize this is not a product review, but since Todd never shipped my stuff, I can't leave seller feedback. I also left it here, because he is the only seller on this listing. I am trying to save others from this nightmare, time wasting transaction.

Would give 0 stars if I could.

ASUS A55VD-AB71 15.6-Inch Laptop (Black)
ASUS A55VD-AB71 15.6-Inch Laptop (Black)

1.0 out of 5 stars I now realize that buying this laptop was a huge mistake., November 4, 2012
After doing a lot of research, I thought this laptop would be a great buy to fulfill my needs in a laptop, but after my experiences over the past 30 days, I now regret buying this laptop.

What seemed like a great laptop at first, lead to many disappointments. Sure, on paper, the specs make this laptop seem very appealing:
-Windows index 5.9 base score; processor 7.6, RAM 7.6, Graphics 6.5, 3D Gaming 6.5, Hard Disk 5.9
-The i7 Processor is a highly rated processor, 6G RAM is a nice amount of RAM and to have additional 2G dedicated video card ram is great (but in reality the computer uses the Intel HD4000 99% of the time), 750G Hard drive give you nice space for storage, HDMI and plenty of USB ports is an added plus) I really thought this was going to be a great laptop with a good warranty at a reasonable price.

But when you use it you are left feeling very disappointed. The ASUS utility and operating software (I am not referring to windows, but the software that manages power consumption and directs how the hardware components work together) that manages this computers operation and power consumption is what ruined it for me. I feel like the attempts of new and improved technology seems to be the downfall of this laptop.

Power saving technology is pitfall. The computer thinks it's doing the right thing to save power, but it ends up leading to problems, and giving up control by the user. I like the idea of being in control of my power management. If this was a tiny netbook, I would be more understanding. But if I wanted a tiny netbook, I would have bought one. Sure, energy efficiency and battery life is important, but to me it is not the most important thing.

I feel like this computer puts limiting power consumption ahead of my needs, it really limits the potential of the high performance components that this computer is made of. The control you have through settings is very limiting, the majority of control is under control of the computer and what it thinks is best. It will turn off the wireless card, without letting you know. It will switch from the 2g dedicated video to the Intel integrated video processor graphics whenever it thinks it should. If you are using the HDMI, you are stuck with the Intel integrated card even when playing video games. I paid for a dedicated card and I want to use it!!! But the computer does not care, it does what it thinks is best, even when switching to a multimedia mode or high performance mode. This computer rarely uses the dedicated card, sometimes I wonder if it's even installed. If you want to use the HDMI and the dedicated video card at the same time, this laptop is not for you. The system will always use the Intel hd4000 card no matter what the video demand is when using the HDMI (even when the power cord is plugged in). The Intel HD4000 is only 64MB. Since you can't use the dedicated 2G video card when you want to, you are better off saving your money and buying a computer with only the 64MB Intel HD4000, because this computer uses it 99% of the time. Two Gigs of video ram is in this computer and I can't use it when I want to!

The mouse pad supposed to work much like the touch screen functions of a smart phone. It's a great concept if it worked. What it leads to is unintended commands. You will be browsing the web and then accidently select something when you just barely touch the mouse pad. Scrolling through pages can be very challenging. The screen suddenly zooms in and out randomly and unintentionally. If you decide to type an email or do some work on word you will become so frustrated as the cursor moves in the middle of a paragraph and starts inserting typing where you don't want it. Take your eyes off the screen and suddenly your document is a random mess, which takes a lot of time to go back and fix all the uncontrolled random inputs that occur when typing and accidently touching the mouse pad. Finally I realized how to disable all the functionality of the mouse pad, that brings it back to a conventional simple pointing device.

The power saving software has glitches too. I keep getting the random blue screen error message associated with the power management software. I think this also causes the computer to not save my power management settings. Every time I re-boot I have to go in and make the changes again and apply, over and over. Microsoft flight simulator (not a new generation video game) can't run smoothly, because the power management software will not let me use the dedicated video card. Even when I go into the game settings and the video card utility and select the dedicated video card for Microsoft flight simulator, it still uses the Intel hd4000, again this computer does not care what you want it to do, it does what it thinks is best in the name of low power consumption. Going green has never been so frustrating!

The wireless card is only a 2.4ghz, if you have a dual band, top of the line, high performance wireless router you can only connect to the 2.4ghz band. If you want to connect to 5ghz you need to buy an external adapter. I don't want a usb wireless card sticking out of the side of my laptop.

The speakers are on the bottom, so the sound quality is muffled by your legs. Every other time I boot up the speaker icon has a red x over it and the sound device is not functioning. It is fixed by re-booting, but then happens again the next time you shut down.

If the system goes into hibernation mode, you can't get it out of it. The computer becomes unresponsive, it will not wake up. You have to hold down the power button and re-start. Then windows is unhappy because it did not shut down properly. So you are either stuck with a non-responsive computer or you can force it to shut down and run the risk of losing your work.

I gave up on ASUS support because they are quick to get you off the phone. Try this, gotta go, call us back if it does not work. Call back and you get a new try this, got to go, call us back if it doesn't work. After wasting a whole lot of time, you get to the point where their ideas to help, end up causing more problems, and eventually they will tell you they don't know why you are having this problem, but the computer should fix itself once it realizes the problem.

So in summary, this is a great laptop when you look at the specs, it looks nice online, in the box, or sitting on the coffee table, but when you go to use it for everyday computing you will be left feeling very frustrated and very disappointed. I am a very patient person who will put up with this laptop for a while, because I invested a decent amount of money into it. My wife on the other hand refuses to use it, she despises it, hates it, and her blood pressure goes up just looking at this laptop. It's a good buy if you want more stress in your life and have money to waist.
Comment Comments (6) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 22, 2013 6:59 PM PST

Orbit 56256 Hose-End Front Trigger 15-Inch Shower Wand
Orbit 56256 Hose-End Front Trigger 15-Inch Shower Wand
Price: $15.14
3 used & new from $10.47

5.0 out of 5 stars Well constructed water wand, May 23, 2012
I like this water wand for several reasons. First, it's well made, mostly metal and rubber. When you pick it up, it fits comfortably in your hand and feels like quality with some weight to it. The hose screws into metal rather than the overpriced cheaply made plastic (Ray Padula RP-SRIW-2 28-Inch Reach It Professional Water Wand) that strip out, leak, and only last one season.

My first wand is working great and its three years old (bought from Sears Hardware with their logo on the handle). I just bought a new one (same thing but with the Orbit brand name) for the front yard and I use my old one in the back yard now.

I really like the brass variable flow control valve on the top of the handle. I can set it on the softest setting and water my bonsai trees without blowing the soil all over the table. The highest setting is great for long range landscape watering or for cleaning dirt off the table or patio. It's adjustable everywhere in-between.

The shower head has individual little rubber spray nozzles. I like this because it still sprays individual streams of water even on low pressure settings, unlike the Dramm shower heads that depend on a high flow rate to separate the water into a shower like spray.

I am giving the product five stars for its quality and durability, versatility, and that I have owned one for 3 seasons without a single problem (3 times longer than any other wand I bought at almost twice the price). I highly recommend this product and I am happy to see some companies are still committed to making a quality product.

Page: 1 | 2