Profile for AMJ > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 8

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

AMJ RSS Feed (USA)

DecoBros K-cup Storage Drawer Holder for Keurig K-cup Coffee Pods
DecoBros K-cup Storage Drawer Holder for Keurig K-cup Coffee Pods
Offered by Pretty Star
Price: $16.87
3 used & new from $16.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Inexpensive but not cheap, May 6, 2014
This K-cup holder does exactly what I wanted it to do, organizes my coffee and supports the Keurig on top. Don't let the low price fool you, it's a great item.

The Kane Chronicles Hardcover Boxed Set
The Kane Chronicles Hardcover Boxed Set
by Rick Riordan
Price: $33.41
54 used & new from $19.35

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent series by Riordan...yet again, December 1, 2012
The Kane Chronicles is an excellent series by one of my favorite young adult authors. The Percy Jackson Series is one of my favorites of all time and although this one wasn't quite as good, I still thoroughly enjoyed it and rate it just as high because it was a little bit more unique in that it covered a topic that is less known compared to Greek Mythology. I knew very little about Egyptian mythology and this series really does an excellent job of introducing dozens of Egyptian gods throughout all three books and I did find it very interesting! The action, suspense, and twists were plentiful, as I expected from Riordan, and I did get sucked into the story. I highly recommend this to anyone who enjoys a fun, fast-paced read who is interested in learning some new mythology!

The Hunger Games
The Hunger Games
DVD ~ Jennifer Lawrence
Price: $9.99
19 used & new from $3.17

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Book to Movie, September 6, 2012
This review is from: The Hunger Games (DVD)
The movie was very well done for a number of reasons. First and foremost, it followed the book! I know this may sound silly but not many of these movies based on books don't actually follow the book. The movie really is bone-chilling. The thought of what a world like this would be like is truly terrifying. I really got emotionally attached to the main characters as well as some of the minor (I wish Rue had not more screen time, I loved her in the book!) I would definitely recommend this movie to anyone but I would highly recommend you read the book first, it is a pretty quick read and a real page turner!

Fablehaven Complete Set (Boxed Set): Fablehaven; Rise of the Evening Star; Grip of the Shadow Plague; Secrets of the Dragon Sanctuary; Keys to the Demon Prison
by Brandon Mull
Price: $25.46
78 used & new from $22.80

5.0 out of 5 stars Phenominal Series, August 12, 2012
The first word that comes to my mind after finishing this series is "wow." This five book series was an absolute thrill-ride from the opening pages of the first book to the last chapter of the fifth. I really wish it didn't have to end! Although the way it ended was excellent as well.

I had this series on my "to-read list" for a while but never got around to it. I had read reviews saying it starts slow, the main characters (mainly Seth) are annoying, blah blah blah. Let me tell you, the first book was excellent and was nowhere near slow! Also, Seth was awesome! I really enjoyed the sections and chapters he was involved in. Was he a little stupid at times, sure, but he is a young, curious, brave boy who is really like every other 13 year old boy out there...I was there many years ago myself! All in all, some of the minor gripes people had with this series were not even close to being accurate, in my opinion.

If you are going to start this series, which I HIGHLY recommend you do, get the box set! You will quickly finish the first and really want to get into the second, and before you know it (2500+ pages later) the series will be over. Get it now, you won't regret it!!!

Fantasy Football Index 2012
Fantasy Football Index 2012
by Ian Allan
Edition: Single Issue Magazine
Price: $7.19
5 used & new from $3.15

5.0 out of 5 stars The Best, July 12, 2012
Fantasy Football Index, in my opionion, is the best fantasy football "guide" out there. I have tried others in the past but always end up getting FFI right before my drafts because I am not happy with the others. Don't mess with the others, just get this!

The Underland Chronicles: Books 1-5 Paperback Box Set
The Underland Chronicles: Books 1-5 Paperback Box Set
by Suzanne Collins
Price: $23.63
63 used & new from $16.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Series, July 7, 2012
Although "The Underland Chronicles" are supposed to be geared towards young adults, it was a very entertaining read for someone much older. I can certainly see how it is predominantly a series for the younger crowd but there was so much more to the series. The books are fantastic, all the way through. The relationships developed between characters within each book was great but they also carried on throughout the series, which made it even better. Each "quest" was a lot of fun and a good mix of high paced action, intense anticipation, and just overall fun. The box set was a great purchase because I got through each book within a few days, I didn't want to put them down! Luckily, I had the next one ready to go as soon as I finished the last. I highly recommend this series to readers of all ages, they really are a lot of fun!

Percy Jackson pbk 5-book boxed set (Percy Jackson & the Olympians)
Percy Jackson pbk 5-book boxed set (Percy Jackson & the Olympians)
by Rick Riordan
32 used & new from $14.95

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent adventure...even for a 30 year old!, June 12, 2012
Let me start this review with a little information about myself. I am a 30 year old male and was never a big reader. For some reason, not really sure what, I decided I wanted to get into reading. I searched a lot of young adult fantasy books and finally decided on the Percy Jackson series. I always enjoyed Greek mythology in high school and thought that Percy Jackson was similar enough to most of the other popular series but had the mythology aspect of it which made it unique.

I got through all five books in about one month, reading for a few hours a night a couple times a week. I honestly could not put any of these books down! There are really no slow stretches, just when you think things are slowing down, BOOM something crazy happens and before you know it minutes turn to hours. There is a good amount of humor in this series as well, not sure everyone who reads it will understand it, since it is geared towards a much younger crowd than myself.

The Percy Jackson series is one that I will never forget. An excellent blend of character development, friendships, action, adventure, suspense, humor...you name it, it is there! I am not sure which book was my favorite, I would probably lean towards "The Titan's Curse" but all five books were excellent and I was sad to finish the series!

This series is absolutely a lot of fun for all ages and all types of readers. I highly recommend picking up the box set because you will have a hard time putting these books down!

ESPN NFL 2K5 - Xbox
ESPN NFL 2K5 - Xbox
Offered by Media-Recovery
Price: $34.99
124 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars I am a Madden lover..., July 23, 2004
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: ESPN NFL 2K5 - Xbox (Video Game)
and I absolutely love this game! I figured I would give it a shot for 19.99 and it would at least hold me off until Madden came out. To be quite honest, I think this might be the 1st year I dont buy Madden. Other reviews have raved about the game and I feel the same way. The season mode is great! I love Suzy Kolber talking to the player of the game after and watching Sportcenter each week to see what else is going on in the NFL. I love the game and think any Madden lover should give it a shot, its cheap and could save you $50 on Madden 05.