Profile for "Bo-Diddy" > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 10

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

"Bo-Diddy" RSS Feed

95 96 97 98 99 Eclipse RS GS GST (Will not fit All Spyder and GSX Model)Coilover Lower Coil Springs Kits
Offered by click2go
Price: $100.00

1.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely terrible, October 22, 2012
I bought this set of springs as one of my lowering springs gave out on me. I've been driving my car lowered for 10 years and finally decided to raise it up. For one, the LOWEST these springs go is the stock height. After they were installed by my reputable shop, the ride was AWFUL. I could run over a twig and it felt like a dead body. How could this be after driving much lower for so long?? After one week of BABYING my car, the included mounts ALL broke, and my right front strut shot clear up into the hood, creating a huge dent. If I had run over a serious pothole, this strut could easily have shot straight through my hood. I had to return to the shop, put in a set of used stock springs/struts/mounts, and ditch these entirely. Luckily my shop is empathetic and gave me a huge discount on the labor, but I still wasted a couple hundred dollars buying these and having them installed. And now my hood is messed up. DO NOT BUY THIS PRODUCT. No wonder they are so cheap!!!! Btw, I drive a 1997 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS-T
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 1, 2014 7:33 PM PDT

Skinomi® TechSkin - Apple iPhone 5 Screen Protector Premium HD Clear Film / Ultra High Definition Invisible and Anti-Bubble Crystal Shield with Free Lifetime Replacement Warranty - Retail Packaging
Offered by Skinomi
Price: $11.95
4 used & new from $2.09

4.0 out of 5 stars An excellent screen protector provided you install it correctly, October 22, 2012
Let me just say that I hate installing screen protectors. Hate might even be too light of a word. I LOATHE installing them. There always seem to be air bubbles and dust/lint no matter WHAT you do. For this reason, I got a Moshi iVisor for my iPad 2. This thing was perfect as it always installs bubble-free instantly, and you can move it around when it's on if it is misaligned. You can also remove it at any point, clean it, and reapply it. I was tempted to buy an iVisor for my iPhone 5, but I was deterred by the heft $25 price as well as the non-aesthetically pleasing rectangular cut-out around the camera, proximity sensor, and speaker. I have the white iPhone 5 and the iVisor just makes it look cheesy. Rather than spend $15 on a pack of 3 standard screen protectors from any department/cell phone store, I tried to find a screen protector that could be bubble-free without a heft price tag. This screen protector is it. Here's the deal: if you simply follow the instructions (and they're detailed well on the package, and there's even a link to a YouTube video), installation is a relative breeze compared to most other screen protectors. I got mine on in a few minutes and already had virtually no bubbles. Skinomi states that any microbubbles will disappear over time. This definitely seems to be the case. I was a little hesitant blasting the screen protector with the cleaning fluid and putting it on my phone, but all went well. I used the fluid relatively liberally but I didn't get too carried away. Skinomi recommends to keep your fingers moist the whole time--DO THIS to avoid getting fingerprints/oils on the screen protector. Definitely turn your phone OFF when applying this given the amount of liquid that is present. Remember, electronics can handle liquid just fine with they are OFF. It's only when there is actual current flowing that any amount of liquid can cause a short and damage your equipment. Now, I docked a star solely because Skinomi recommends keeping your phone off for TWELVE TO TWENTY-FOUR HOURS. Given the dependency on mobile devices these days, this is relatively unreasonable for a screen protector. Nonetheless, I installed mine and simply left it off for about 4-5 hours. Then I began to use my phone. Had a left the phone alone for a full day, the installation probably would've been perfect. However, I simply could not leave my phone unused for a full day. Regardless, there are virtually no bubbles anywhere on my device, so I still considered it a success. The screen protector feels nice and smooth and definitely does not detract at ALL from the gorgeous retina display. It does feel a bit "rubbery" I guess, but that is not an issue. One other thing is that it seems this protector is prone to "denting"--namely, if you dig your nail into the protector even slightly during the installation, you'll end up with a little dent. I can't tell if these dents are permanent or not, and they are hardly noticeable, but I thought I'd mention this anyway. All in all, a great product, and DEFINITELY for this extremely cheap price. I bought 2 of these just in case I destroyed the first one. Still walked away spending half the price for a pack of 3 normal protectors, and a fifth of the price of the iVisor. I would highly recommend this product.

Armband for iPhone 5 / 5s / 5c with a slim case (Also fits slim cases for iPhone 5, iPhone 5c, iPhone 4S and iPhone 4)
Offered by Tune Belt, Inc.
Price: $14.95
2 used & new from $12.50

4.0 out of 5 stars Fits the iPhone 5 perfectly, October 22, 2012
This product is definitely legit and fits the new iPhone 5 perfectly. I could definitely see how anyone with a 4.5" phone couldn't get this thing to fit. The iPhone 5 has a 4" screen and is 4.87" tall. This thing JUST fits perfectly. If your phone is 5" tall, it's probably not going to fit. The iPhone 5 is 2.31" inches wide, and again, this fits just perfectly in there. I ended up getting an ultra-slim Wydan plastic shell case for my phone and can just sneak the whole thing, phone+case, in to this product. I'm giving these dimensions because if your phone is even slightly over these specs, it's probably not going to fit. Just a heads up. I'm docking a start for two reasons: 1) I'm a 5'7" guy with fairly sized biceps... nothing too extreme like these steroid-pumpers you see at the gym, but definitely larger than your average 5'7" dude. The arm band JUST barely fits around my arm comfortably. If my arms get any bigger, I'm probably going to need the extension. I'd imagine a 5'11" guy or someone over 6' who is pretty ripped/bulky would definitely need the armband extension. I feel they should've made the armband a little bit longer considering a lot of guys will be using this. 2) I read that this product had scratched some people's phones when they removed/inserted their phones into the case. Some people had their screens scratched, some had the body of the phone scratched. Knowing this, I decided not to use it until I got my Wydan case and a screen protector. I will say, though, that I did put the phone in the case once to test it out when I first received it. I was very careful when inserting it and removing it. A day or two later, I noticed a few scratches on the side of my phone. Now, the iPhone 5 is known to scratch easily due to its aluminum back. Supposedly the black one scratches more easily, but I have the white one. I have little to no doubt that it was THIS product that scratched the sides of my phone. That being said, I would not recommend using this on an iPhone 5 without both a case/shell on it and a screen protector. Overall, though, I'd recommend this product, especially for the iPhone 5. It's light, it's seemingly durable, and it's a perfect fit. Just be wary of it scratching your phone.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 17, 2013 2:07 PM PDT

Wydan Premium One Piece Crystal Clear Ultra Thin Hard Case for iPhone 5 5S Transparent Cover [Wydan Branded Packaging & Case]
Offered by wydan
Price: $6.95

4.0 out of 5 stars Just what I was looking for, October 22, 2012
I just bought the white/silver iPhone 5, and I really wanted to give the brushed aluminum back some protection against minor scratches. I love how the silver and white blend together on the phone, so I was really looking for a completely clear and highly minimalist shell. Too many of the products out there are in the "frosted" color which just didn't look good to me, as it completely grays out the silver aspect of the phone. Many other products were too bulky. This case is truly EXTREMELY thin, but that's exactly what I wanted. This is not meant to be a case that will fully protect your phone from a fall, and knowing this, I bought a leather sleeve as well. This is simply a case to prevent your phone from accumulating minor scratches. Since the iPhone 5 has an aluminum back, this is definitely a major concern. I got the item much sooner than expected and have had it on for about 48 hours now. Yes, it is a cheap case, so yes, there are a few minor scratches on it... but that is to be expected. And I'd rather have a scratched cheap case than a scratched expensive phone. I don't think you're going to find an excellent and truly scratch-proof clear shell case for this phone, and for this price, this is unbeatable. I would recommend for sure. I gave 4 out of 5 stars because the case IS cheap... but so is the price!

WD My Passport 1TB Portable External Hard Drive Storage USB 3.0 Red (WDBBEP0010BRD-NESN)
Offered by DatabugLLC
Price: $103.00
7 used & new from $52.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Reliable, quiet, fast, and large capacity at a GREAT price!, August 1, 2012
I have multiple external hard drives that I use for various types of media, like orchestral sound libraries, my iTunes music library, digital video libraries, etc. Some I have formatted with multiple partitions to work seamlessly between Mac OS X and Windows XP/Vista/7... I've always found WD drives to be the best (though I own other drives, like a Seagate, among others). This drive is no exception.

For one, whether you use OS X or Windows, freakin reformat the thing anyway. Unless you're a tech-tard, no one wants pre-installed security/back-up software from a 3rd party vendor. Both Windows 7 and OS X 10.6+ have excellent systems for this. Why ditch the OS stuff for software from a 3rd-party vendor? No reason...

After formatting this thing for my Macbook Pro (Journaled, Extended, Case-Sensitive), it still had pretty much a full terabyte on it. This thing is FAST and QUIET. It mounts and unmounts extremely quickly. It is also backwards compatible with USB 2.0 (while having 3.0 as well), so it's nice and versatile. If you're looking for a bus-powered external with a LOT of space, this is really probably the best drive to date.

NOTE: Amazon's prices changes CONSTANTLY for the various colors of this drive. I'd suggest waiting until the color YOU want is about $100. THEN buy it. Oftentimes you'll see prices all the way up to $159. DO NOT BUY THE DRIVE AT THIS PRICE!!! Just wait, and it WILL come down. This thing is totally worth $150, but why not get it for $100?!? Makes sense to me....
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 2, 2013 12:24 PM PST

ASUS ML228H 21.5-Inch Ultra-Thin Full-HD LED Monitor
ASUS ML228H 21.5-Inch Ultra-Thin Full-HD LED Monitor
2 used & new from $110.00

5.0 out of 5 stars EXCELLENT Quality; EXCELLENT Price!, August 1, 2012
I'll keep this one quick:

The product arrived quickly and was package very well. Some have complained about the stand being flimsy... well, I find this NOT to be the case. My monitor sits up high on a music production desk, so I have the thing tilted FORWARD at all times (and, btw, it is possible to get about 20-30 degrees of FORWARD tilt on this thing, despite the fact all the pictures show this thing tilted backward). It doesn't wobble, and every repeat tests to see if it would really hold up and be solid, I am not fully confident it will never tip over or anything like that. The monitor has touch sensitive buttons that light up when you use them or dim when you don't--very slick and very well-thought out. I did not have a single dead pixel anywhere on my screen. There are quite a few picture options, so you may benefit from using the help of a video/picture-savvy friend to get it just right. I use this monitor as a second monitor for scoring films/media, so I got a friend of mine who does a lot of video work to help configure the picture settings. Because I use this primarily for my music/media production, I wanted a high-quality full HD LED monitor, and man, this thing totally delivers. 1080p video looks AMAZING on this. It makes no noise, has < 2ms response time (so it could def be used for gaming), and overall is just thin and slick. I have no complaints. Also, the picture/settings menus really weren't hard to navigate through at all, as others have complained about.

Side note, once you realize how to attach and detach the stand to this thing, it's quite easy to do. But I will say it is definitely a little tricky at first. Just read the directions (if you have a microscope!) and then examine the connection before you try to attach the stand to the monitor. Trust me, it's not hard once you see how to do it.

LG 42LM6200 42-Inch Cinema 3D 1080p 120Hz LED-LCD HDTV with Smart TV and Six Pairs of 3D Glasses (2012 Model)

5.0 out of 5 stars AMAZING TV, excellent picture quality, and the best 3D, July 2, 2012
Given the plethora of detailed reviews regarding this TV, I'll try to keep this one fairly short. First off, if you aren't familiar with the various types of LED lighting used on LCD panel TV's today, you should do your research on this. This particular TV has EDGE-LIT technology. Thus, LED's are located around the perimeter of the TV. This TV in particular does NOT have local dimming (and it doesn't need it IMHO). LG also offers LED+ (read up about this) and, of course, full-array LED TV's (wherein the entire backlighting of the LCD panel consists of LEDs, all with local dimming). The latter is naturally the most expensive.

Anyway, with only edge-lit technology, this TV looks absolutely gorgeous. In fact, it's one of the best looking TV's I have ever seen in person. Multiple people who have now seen my TV have actually said it's the best they've ever seen. And my friends are tech-geeks... so that's saying something.

There are a vast amount of lighting AND sound configurations, so you'll def. need to experiment with this to get the picture and sound looking just right.

The included apps are legit, with multiple video streaming services available (like Netflix, VUDU, Hulu Plus, etc.). YouTube videos in HD are rendered in true 1080p and look nothing short of STELLAR. The fact I'm even watching YouTube when I load up a HQ video is unreal to me... it's hard to fathom.

And to wrap things up quickly--the 3D. Is. AMAZING. It is absolutely the best I've ever seen. To be honest, I actually bought this TV for its TruMotion (and btw, the later manufactured models DO HAVE THIS and DO HAVE THE SETTINGS IN THE MENU!!!!) and its LED technology. The passive 3D was just a bonus, given its extremely affordable and fair price. And I must say... WOW. Literally, 3D stuff jumps right out at you, unlike any other home theater system I've ever seen. Put it this way, this TV is so amazing I'm considering NEVER going to the movie theater again. I can have a substantially better experience in ALL regards with this TV (with the exception of sound... but you need a home theater sound set-up anyway if you want the real deal, so that's a no-brainer). 2D to 3D conversion definitely works pretty well, but algorithms will never be able to truly emulate 3D encoded material when it was encoded in 2D. Actual 3D material looks UNBELIEVABLY AMAZING with this TV.

Bottom line: if you're looking for the BEST TV on a budget (namely, edge-lit LED technology), BUY THIS TV. It is truly the BEST. You will NOT be disappointed.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 27, 2015 7:54 PM PST

Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception - Playstation 3
Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception - Playstation 3
Offered by Power Gamer MD
Price: $7.19
409 used & new from $0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars Not as great as Uncharted 2, but still Uncharted nonetheless, December 19, 2011
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
Look, I realize that some people are having major issues playing this game, and I'm not here to say they're all lying or to discredit them. However, let me put some speculations to rest.

For one, I just bought the game about a week or so ago. I have been waiting for it to drop from the epic $60 tag, which, let's be honest, is simply overpriced. I don't agree with the pricing scheme on new games (though I never have). I realize all the time and production it takes to pop these things out... but $60 a pop? I don't think so. Buy 3 games and you just spend a jaw-dropping $200. Yeah, I'd rather spend that on something else.

When I loaded the game into my PS3 (which I haven't used in QUITE some time), I had to upload both the PS3 firmware and also download updates for the game. I did. It took about 10 minutes for all updates to download and install. Not too shabby.

I was very hesitant to purchase this game after reading all the negative reviews and links to forums discussing the game freezing, hanging, or simply not working at all. Well guess what...

I'm using an old 80gig PS3 from 2007. That's right. 2007. NO ISSUES HERE.

My guess is that either this was an epic software bug(s) that has been resolved, or a lot of these people simply have faulty drives in their PS3's (the blue-ray drive, NOT the hard drive, obviously). If you've owned ANY Playstation system in the past, you should know that the lasers/drives burning out are THE number one problem all three generations of the console exhibit. This is obviously slack on Sony's behalf, but I'm just saying...

Of course, on top of that, I will say that my particular PS3 is a BEAST. It has literally played every single blue-ray disc and game I have ever tried with it. There have been MULTIPLE high-end blue-ray players that have failed to play certain movies. My PS3 has played every single one without a hitch. So maybe it's just a super PS3.

In any case, it's old, almost 5 years old, and this game plays all the way through without any problems. Oh, and I also successfully loaded the game on my brother's SIGNIFICANTLY older 60gig PS3.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 19, 2011 1:50 PM PST

Essential Dictionary of Orchestration (The Essential Dictionary Series)
Essential Dictionary of Orchestration (The Essential Dictionary Series)
by Dave Black
Price: $8.78
91 used & new from $3.86

5.0 out of 5 stars Very useful reference book!, December 29, 2010
This is an excellent little book (and I do mean LITTLE... the book has a wealth of information, but it's tiny, like pocket-sized!) to reference when creating film scores or other orchestrations. The instruments are grouped together for ease of navigation (e.g., percussion, stringed instruments, horns, reeds, etc.). The book details the ACTUAL range and the SOUNDED range of each instrument, and it has some really uncommon/bizarre instruments listed! It's really nice that the sounded range is included, as instruments vary in timbre and thus play in a different register, so the same note on the same staff can sound different. I use this book frequently when I'm writing various orchestrated sections of film scores. Use this as a reference book only. It doesn't go much further than that. Quite worth the money!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 24, 2013 1:42 PM PDT

Complete Preludes, Books 1 and 2 (Dover Music for Piano)
Complete Preludes, Books 1 and 2 (Dover Music for Piano)
by Claude Debussy
Price: $11.85
70 used & new from $1.43

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Edition, December 29, 2010
I love Debussy music, but a lot of his solo piano pieces have gone overlooked, masked by overly-exposed favorites like "The Moonlight Sonata." This book contains some very interesting and unique sounding preludes, and the editing has been top-notch as far as I can tell. The music is easy to see/read, the spacing between staves is just right, and I haven't been able to find a single mistake yet (though, finding a wrong accidental in Debussy's music because of an editorial mistake would be comparable to finding a needle in a haystack). Some French terminology is also explained in the front of the book. I've had this for close to a year now, and though I do take very good care of my music, there have been NO issues with binding/pages tearing/whatever. Want some Debussy preludes? Buy this edition.

Oh, if you want to hear some of these preludes performed by a reputable Debussy interpreter, look up "Michelangeli" on YouTube and you'll find a series of videos where he plays the majority (if not all) of these preludes.