Profile for canamstoney > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 6

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

canamstoney RSS Feed (Redding, CA United States)

Crayola Bathtub Markers (Pack of 4)
Crayola Bathtub Markers (Pack of 4)

2.0 out of 5 stars Too tricky..., December 1, 2010
= Fun:2.0 out of 5 stars
I am going to highlight the same problem as another reviewer - these only work if you hold the tip flat against the surface you are drawing on. It's just too tricky for my (almost) 3 year old. They also seem to draw in water when floating in the tub (don't kid yourself, every kid will leave them floating in the water with the cap off), which makes the ink very runny.
Having said this, the colors are nice and bright and we've had no problem cleaning the colors off our fiberglass tub.
We are going to try some tub crayons this time.

BELLA 13330 12-Piece Rocket Blender, Stainless Steel
BELLA 13330 12-Piece Rocket Blender, Stainless Steel
Price: $20.89
27 used & new from $16.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Has served us well...with a caveat, September 13, 2009
I purchased this about a year ago on a whim and have loved making smoothies in it ever since. It is a bit loud, but aren't they all?
As one other reviewer wrote, our blade attachments have seemed to leak some black substance (grease?), especially after washed in the dishwasher. The grease always appeared external to the cup and never in the contents. It probably will shorten the life of the blades, but doesn't cause me any other worry.

A word of caution - be careful with the cups. We accidently broke one of the tabs (there are 3 at the mouth of the cup which hold the cup onto the base) off in the first month rendering that cup completely useless.

Overall, for the price we paid it has been great!

Fisher-Price Nursery Rhymes CD Player
Fisher-Price Nursery Rhymes CD Player
Offered by MONTANASALES
Price: $39.95
3 used & new from $19.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Entertaining for baby, slightly annoying for mommy, November 5, 2008
First the good, my 9 month old is totally intrigued by this, it keeps him busy for at least 20 solid minutes. He especially likes the flashing lights.
It seems really well built (I bought it second hand). I have left this switched on for hours at a time and the batteries last forever.
Now the bad(-ish)...My son's favorite thing to do is hold the face to the floor to make the player 'spin', this can be pretty loud and I think he likes that.
I find the style of singing on a couple of the nursery rhymes pretty irritating (Baa, baa black sheep - shudder). BUT I can deal with it. Thank goodness for the volume control!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 24, 2009 4:20 PM PDT

Gobble & Go Hippo
Gobble & Go Hippo
2 used & new from $49.99

4.0 out of 5 stars My son loves pushing this around, November 5, 2008
This review is from: Gobble & Go Hippo (Toy)
I bought this 2nd hand for our son, who would sit on the floor and cry until someone helped him walk. He is 10 months old and LOVES pushing this up and down the house.
The house we are renting has very cheap carpeting with no cushion whatsoever. It creates no drag on the hippo, but the toy doesn't seem to get away from him either and he only occasionally has trouble pulling himself up to it.
The gobble feature works ok if you have enough speed or give it enough time. DS is not really interested in gobbling toys or playing with the blocks. He just wants to walk, walk walk.
My only complaint is that he can't really steer it (even if he knew where he wanted to go!). So when he hits a wall, he yells for one of us to turn it for him.
Thanks to other people who have posted safety concerns. That has not been a problem for us, but it is good to be aware of the possibility.

Kushies Flushable Biodegradable Diaper Liners, 100 Sheets
Kushies Flushable Biodegradable Diaper Liners, 100 Sheets
Price: $10.46
6 used & new from $8.99

5.0 out of 5 stars These really can be washed!, October 23, 2008
I couldn't believe it when I read the first reviewer say she washed and reused these. I thought for sure, she was thinking of something else?
However, I tossed my wet liners (not soiled ones) into the washer with the rest of the diapers and, incredibly, they came out in great shape!
Aside from their amazing durability, these make cloth diapering so easy! No more wrestling poo off nappies with toilet paper! Yuck!

Fisher-Price Healthy Care Deluxe Booster Seat
Fisher-Price Healthy Care Deluxe Booster Seat
Price: $23.99 - $97.77

4.0 out of 5 stars Almost 5 star..., October 23, 2008
This is the only high chair we have used and it's great! It is great for all of the reasons listed by others. Plus our son seems to find it comfortable.
The only downside so far is that it is completely made of plastic (not sure if any of it can be recycled?). We wanted a wooden highchair (or something eco-friendly), but this is so much more convenient and affordable than anything else we saw.
The best we can do now is take good care of it and pass it along when we are done. Reduce, reuse, recycle!