Profile for Shelly Rae > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 27

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Shelly Rae "Music & Books = Life" RSS Feed (New England)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Leap Year
Leap Year
DVD
Price: $2.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Silly, but Amy Adams and Ireland are fun to watch!, April 7, 2014
This review is from: Leap Year (Amazon Instant Video)
OK it's exactly what you think it will be. No more, no less. Ireland is gorgeous though and around Leap Year or St. Patricks Day this movie can be fun to watch. It is really really predictable and nothing special.

The Outsiders
The Outsiders
Price: $9.99
76 used & new from $2.85

5.0 out of 5 stars Another Solid CD From EC!, April 7, 2014
This review is from: The Outsiders (Audio CD)
I love the hard rocking vibe on this CD, but it's not a one note disc.... lots of classic EC! It's no Chief ... but It's still a great CD.

Maps
Maps
by Aleksandra Mizielinska
Price: $21.98
55 used & new from $17.99

4.0 out of 5 stars I bought this book for me...and I'm 45!, April 7, 2014
This review is from: Maps (Hardcover)
Yes I know this is a kids geography book, believe me everyone reminds me of that. I don't care. I love hand drawn artwork, I love maps, and I am a Geography dunce! I bought this beautiful book for my coffee table and I love to browse through it when I have a few minutes. You can learn so much from the little pictures and I am a very visual person, so this type of map makes so much more sense to my brain. When I watch the news or a House Hunters International (for example) I take out the book to give myself some added understanding of exactly where something is located. OK so these maps are simplistic and not all the maps of every country are in here, but for a child (or an adult that thinks like a child) this book is beautiful, so well executed that it's worth space on your shelf..or on your coffee table!

I-Cool +D Dietary Supplement For Menopause & Bone Building 45 Day Supply (2 Pack)
Offered by Supplement First
Price: $33.45
7 used & new from $30.00

3.0 out of 5 stars Jury is still out, April 7, 2014
I've been taking this everyday since January when I became plagued by the dreaded hot flash. Since starting my hot flashed don't last as long and I don't have as many at night, I've probably cut down about 40%... but some days are terrible still and others are pretty good. At this point the 40% is a blessing, and I'm not sure icool is responsible, but I'll keep taking them because I'll take the improvement!!! At some point maybe I'll get brave and stop taking them to see if the occurrence and duration spike back up. I dream about a product that will give me a flash free night, but until that happens I'll continue with icool hoping that it is responsible for the improvement (and secretly wondering if I'm just wasting my money on a placebo)

Terrarium Shaped Notecards
Terrarium Shaped Notecards
by Yasmin Imamura
Edition: Cards
Price: $8.83
21 used & new from $4.83

5.0 out of 5 stars Cute, Clever and a Terrarium lovers dream note card, April 7, 2014
This review is from: Terrarium Shaped Notecards (Cards)
C'mon have you ever seen a note card so sweet? I love the cut out style, the clever artwork - inside, outside and the envelope. The only problem is that I love them so much it's hard for me to send them off. I think I'll be buying another set soon.

Stand By Me
Stand By Me
DVD
Price: $2.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it when I was a Kid and my kids love it too!, April 7, 2014
This review is from: Stand By Me (Amazon Instant Video)
My teenage son is a fan of Big Bang Theory.... so of course he asked about what all the fuss was about with him being a child star. We decided to let him see Will in the movie that started the legend. :-) We sat down with my 12 and 16 year old this past weekend and once again this film delivered. My husband and I enjoyed seeing this classic once again and seeing familiar actors when they were fresh and young (like we once were too). My kids loved the story line, how crazy it was that kids their age were left to their own devices with freedom to get into lots of trouble. Can you imagine not know where your kids were for two+ days? And boy did $2 go far! It is a R rated film however, it is very pedestrian compared to movies kids see now at PG13. The language isn't the greatest, lots of Fbombs and other choice words, but it really is in character with the storyline and truthfully I'd be fooling myself if I didn't think my kids heard the same at school or in the neighborhood everyday. Great movie that still has legs, both my boys enjoyed it!

iPhone 4 4S Case Heavy Duty ishield Hybrid Snap On Circular Silver & Black
iPhone 4 4S Case Heavy Duty ishield Hybrid Snap On Circular Silver & Black
Offered by Covers4Less
Price: $2.49
5 used & new from $1.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Got rid of my Otterbox for this and I'm glad I did!, May 15, 2013
I got an Otterbox for Christmas and it was falling apart by March. Very disappointing. I decided to forget the brand names and choose something that looked sturdy with a little style. After looking at hundreds of cases on line this case looked like it had some personality and was durable. Whenever I order something like this online, sight unseen, I am never sure if I'm making a good decision. When it came in my first reaction was that the packaging was pretty chintzy and cheap. Not a good start. I was pretty pleased when I put it on my phone and it snapped together easily, was a really nice size and had just the right amount of rubber to make it non slip and give it some protection. I've had it on my phone now for almost three weeks and I LOVE IT!!!! It feels sturdy in my hand, has a nice tight fit, works with all the Iphone 4s buttons and looks pretty stylish (if I do say so myself). For the price point I would recommend this case. It doesn't have a plastic screen shield or a massive bumper but it provides good protection and so far is working out!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 23, 2013 4:31 AM PDT

The Sugar Queen (Random House Reader's Circle)
The Sugar Queen (Random House Reader's Circle)
by Sarah Addison Allen
Price: $12.16
273 used & new from $0.01

2.0 out of 5 stars After Reading Garden Spells... I expected so much more., April 11, 2013
I loved Garden Spells. It was whimsical with a touch of magic. An easy summer read. Having said that I expected a similar experience when I picked up the Sugar Queen. Sadly this book fell very flat. It's an average read with average characters and magical elements that are not very magical. (with the exception of the traveling books.... that was a sweet touch). If I had picked this up at church book sale for 50 cents I probably wouldn't have finished it because it was nothing special, but because it was a gift I read it cover to cover and quickly put it in the pile to donate to the church book sale.

The Snow Child: A Novel
The Snow Child: A Novel
by Eowyn Ivey
Price: $14.99
179 used & new from $3.16

5.0 out of 5 stars Is She Real????, April 11, 2013
I'm not going to do a long review...that has clearly been done. The sign of a good book, I'm still contemplating the essence of the book days later.

Minecraft Rubber Bracelet Green Creeper, Large
Minecraft Rubber Bracelet Green Creeper, Large
Offered by Kiditude
Price: $5.75
17 used & new from $3.49

2.0 out of 5 stars Expensive and didn't last!, November 23, 2012
My son is a HUGE Minecraft fan. He recently received this as a gift and was over the moon. He wore it everyday for two weeks and then it snapped. For the price I would have hoped it was made of durable material like the LIVE STRONG bracelets that can last months. Two weeks was not that long and he wasn't hard on it at all!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3