Profile for J. Ferris > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 121

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

J. Ferris "tunawish" RSS Feed (Rio de Janeiro, Brasil)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-13
High Sierra 32" Drop Bottom Wheeled Duffle (Graphite/Titanium/Spring)
High Sierra 32" Drop Bottom Wheeled Duffle (Graphite/Titanium/Spring)
Offered by eBags
Price: $126.99
8 used & new from $126.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Support After a Ripped Zipper!, July 4, 2014
I bought one of these from Sears & on my 2nd flight one of the zipper slides & two zipper pulls were ripped off the bag.

I give it 4 stars because I called customer support & they sent me a new bag within 48 hours!

That being said; this bag holds a lot of stuff & is just under the maximum size the airlines start charging extra baggage fees & it wheels around easily.

It can be a bit awkward to pack but that's how soft sided duffels are.

The Lava color makes it easy to spot coming off the luggage carousel.

I'll raise it to 5 stars if it holds up better than the 1st bag...

Antennas Direct C2-V-CJM ClearStream 2-V Long Range UHF/VHF Indoor/Outdoor DTV Antenna with 20-Inch Mount
Offered by Etailz
Price: $99.99
6 used & new from $95.30

4.0 out of 5 stars No Cable Bill 4 Me, April 17, 2014
I don't watch a ton of TV but I do enjoy it occasionally.

I've visited friends & neighbors homes & wasted time scrolling through 100's of channels only to find there's nothing worth watching.
Now I can spend less than a minute at home looking through channels to learn the same thing.

Seriously though; I get 15 channels now (all the major networks, 1 music channel, x3 PBS, x2 24 hour weather channels.)

Easy to install & HD reception (nuff said...)

Rinnai RL75eN Natural Gas Tankless Water Heater, 7.5 Gallons Per Minute
Rinnai RL75eN Natural Gas Tankless Water Heater, 7.5 Gallons Per Minute
Price: $939.75
10 used & new from $884.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Hot Water FOREVER!, April 17, 2014
I recently had a new home built & the contractor put the unit in so I can't comment on ease of installation (others have already done so anyway...)

What I can comment on is how I can linger in the shower for an hour if I want.

I can have both bathroom showers in use at the same time while running the dishwasher & doing a load of clothes & everyone gets a generous supply of hot water!

The system comes with a default temperature limit of 120 degrees fahrenheit which you can change to 140 degrees by flipping a dip switch in the outside unit.

1. Go to the outside temperature controller unit & remove the cover.
2. Look on the lower right side & you'll see a series of 8 dip switches.
3. Flip switch #6 to the right (on position) to raise the limit to 140 degrees.
4. Now you can set the thermostat in your house as high as 140 degrees fahrenheit.

(A pdf manual can be downloaded at the manufacturers website.)

I set the internal thermostat to 130 since which is comfortable to me.
Anything above 125 degrees presents a risk of serious burns to sensitive skin so be careful.

All in all; I love this water heater!

Apple iPad Air MD790LL/A (64GB, Wi-Fi, White with Silver) NEWEST VERSION
Apple iPad Air MD790LL/A (64GB, Wi-Fi, White with Silver) NEWEST VERSION
Offered by BVT Sales
Price: $669.99
33 used & new from $589.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Super Thin & Perfect for Me!, February 25, 2014
I made the switch from Windows to Mac about 2 years ago & loved the MacBook Pro while I only liked the older iPad mainly due to the fact it only had 16gb onboard & no memory card slot (it also slowed down noticeably with iOs 6.)

I traded my MacBook Pro & old iPad for a new MacBook Air & a 64gb iPad Air & now I love my MacBook AND my iPad.

Apple has now made iWorks (Pages, Numbers & Keynote) free with new devices & I've almost cut the Microsoft tether completely (hooray!)

The iPad Air is lighter, faster & has a longer lasting battery & a bright, crisp display.
All this in a sturdy yet stylish tablet (no cheap plastic here.)

I don't know why anyone would want a Samsung or Microsoft tablet (unless they are forced to shop for a cheap alternative of course.)

Call me a fanatic if you want but there is no substitute for the quality & ease of use of an Apple product...

MORGARTEN: The Forest Knights: Book 2
MORGARTEN: The Forest Knights: Book 2
Price: $4.99

5.0 out of 5 stars The Swiss are Tough Even With Those Goofy Hats, February 25, 2014
The Forest Knights were GREAT.
The characters were likable & hate able in just the right proportions.
The words evoked the images well & I never got confused in the battle scenes.

I've always liked Rick Steves travel adventures through Switzerland & now it's been bumped up on my "to go" list!

Unfortunately; I don't dig short stories so I'll have to pass on the authors other works but I'll be keeping an eye out for more full length multi edition historical fiction from this guy (for sure...)

ALTDORF: The Forest Knights: Book 1
ALTDORF: The Forest Knights: Book 1
Price: $0.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Story / Well Written!, February 21, 2014
This book covers an era of European history which I know absolutely nothing about; the Hapsburg's.

The author admits to taking some liberties with factual/fictional characters/events.

I like the way the he was able to flip you back in time as a character was remembering the past & then seamlessly bring you back to the present.

The characters are rich & well fleshed out (and he's not afraid to kill off someone you've grown to like.)

I'd compare Swift's craftsmanship to that of Cornwell & Iggulden!

I hope he'll take a serious stab at more Euro historical fiction!!!
(Papal intrigues & warcraft would be really cool...)

I bought the 2nd book in the series & expect it to be every bit as good as the 1st...

Fintie SmartShell Case for Apple iPad Air (iPad 5 5th Generation) Ultra Slim Lightweight Leather Front Cover with Frost Transparent Hard Back Shell (Smart Cover Auto Wake / Sleep Feature) - Orange/Frost
Offered by Fintie
Price: $7.99

5.0 out of 5 stars My iPad Air is Like a Cool Breeze, January 24, 2014
The Fintie SmartShell case was really simple to install my iPad Air in & provides great protection without bulking up my iPad.

The magnetic on/off dealio works perfectly & the case is very comfortable to work with.

Secure, attractive, functional & affordable!

ORE International 3 Tier Bookshelves - Espresso
ORE International 3 Tier Bookshelves - Espresso
Offered by Best Deal Stores
Price: $37.00
16 used & new from $37.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Attractive Bookcase, January 24, 2014
This bookcase is sturdy & attractive.

The instructions are a bit bare bones but I managed to get it put together in about 20 minutes.

(I had to reverse a few things I'd assembled incorrectly & recommend leaving all bolts/screws loose until you get it completely assembled & then snug everything up.)

Overall; Iiked it so much I bought a 2nd one!

Foremost BFH10222-FMD Sheridan Bookcase, Walnut
Foremost BFH10222-FMD Sheridan Bookcase, Walnut
Price: $136.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Just the Right Size, January 24, 2014
I got this bookcase for small nook in my office & it fit perfectly.

It's reasonably sturdy & was easy to put together (took me about 15 minutes.)

Nuff said...

elago S5 Breathe Case for iPhone 5/5S - eco friendly Retail Packaging - Soft Feeling Orange
Offered by elago design
Price: $9.99
3 used & new from $7.85

5.0 out of 5 stars Keep's My iPhone Looking Cool!, January 24, 2014
The Elago S5 case was a snap to install & fits my iPhone 5s perfectly.

It provides good protection on the corners, sides & back.

The volume & on/off buttons are a bit difficult to access as they are set rather deep in the case but with a little practice this problem went away.

Overall; if you are like me & rarely drop your phone, this case provides adequate protection & is just plain cool looking!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-13