Profile for J. Ferris > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 128

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

J. Ferris "tunawish" RSS Feed (Rio de Janeiro, Brasil)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-13
Lodge Pro-Logic P14P3 Cast Iron Pizza Pan, Black, 14-inch
Lodge Pro-Logic P14P3 Cast Iron Pizza Pan, Black, 14-inch
Price: $38.96
36 used & new from $38.96

5.0 out of 5 stars Pantastic (has anyone used that already?), February 22, 2015
I pulled the pan out of the box; washed it & made a fantastic pizza with a super crunchy crust!

Someone will still be using my pan 200 years from now.

There's not much else I can write here that hasn't already been said...

Hamilton Beach 12-Cup Digital Coffee Maker, Stainless Steel (46201)
Hamilton Beach 12-Cup Digital Coffee Maker, Stainless Steel (46201)
Offered by FindingKing
Price: $68.48
20 used & new from $44.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy Decision..., January 18, 2015
Easy to use.
Easy to clean.
Easy to look at...

Makes a great cup of coffee to boot!

Traeger Junior Elite Pellet Grill with Digital Thermostat Controller
Traeger Junior Elite Pellet Grill with Digital Thermostat Controller

5.0 out of 5 stars If You're Not Good at Grilling; Get a Traeger & You'll Look Like a Pro!, January 12, 2015
This grill is AWESOME!

The Traeger will make anyone look like a genius!

I've cooked every kind of meat imaginable on mine & had great results.

Just put your meat in the grill & set the timer.
Don't open it until you're ready to eat.

Admittedly; some cuts like brisket should only be done for 4 to 6 hours & then wrapped in aluminum foil to be finished off in the oven at low temperature to ensure tenderness but for the most part this grill can do the job all by itself.

My absolute favorite is pork ribs which need no finish off in the oven.
I put 2 racks of baby backs on for 3 1/2 to 4 hours & they come out tender & juicy!!!

By the way; it only took me 10 minutes to assemble the Traeger & there was no foul language involved...

Jackery Bar Premium iPhone Charger External Battery 6000mAh Portable Charger Power Bank for iPhone 6 Plus, 6, 5S, 5C, iPad Air, Mini, Samsung Galaxy S5, S4, Note, Nexus, LG, HTC. Portable Battery Charger, External Charger, USB Battery Pack, iPad Charger, Travel Charger, Backup Battery (Orange)
Offered by Jackery Inc
Price: $24.99
2 used & new from $24.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Does What it's Supposed to Do; Very Well!, January 12, 2015
Charges my iPhone 6 Plus from 20% to 100% a whopping 3 times before needing to recharge the Jackery unit itself.

It takes 3 or 4 hours to do it but I'm still able to use the iPhone while it's being charged!

Hamilton Beach 22811 Keep Warm 2-Slice Toaster
Hamilton Beach 22811 Keep Warm 2-Slice Toaster
Offered by Best Point Sales
Price: $30.47
16 used & new from $26.99

4.0 out of 5 stars What Can You Say About a Toaster? (Depends How Picky You Are...), January 12, 2015
Makes toast & does a good job on bagels & muffins.

I did have a small mishap when using the "Warm" function.
I had already toasted some bagles & when they popped up; I put them down again & this time pressed the "Warm" button.
The result was a pair of burned bagles.

The manual does not adequately describe the "Warm" feature.

When you start the toast cycle & press the "Warm" button; it will add 3 minutes of warming AFTER the completed toasting cycle.

This is not a huge problem.

I just thought I might explain this function since the manual did such a poor job of it.

I only have one problem with the actual design of the unit.
I place the toaster lengthwise against the wall with the buttons facing out.
When I do this; the text written on top of the toaster is upside down.
(kind of an oversight on the part of HB since I don't think anyone would place the toaster with the buttons facing the wall.

Basically; it's a toaster...

Noah
Noah
DVD

2.0 out of 5 stars Don't Waste Your Money, November 5, 2014
This review is from: Noah (Amazon Instant Video)
This was even more unbelievable than the biblical version.

Not only that but it was extremely tedious.

Fortunately I only paid &1.28 at RedBox!

Breakers (Book 1)
Breakers (Book 1)
Price: $0.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Story (not just a Stand ripoff either...), August 10, 2014
This review is from: Breakers (Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
Great story!

Very original (this isn't a rip off of the Stand...)

I love the writers style & his characterizations.

Spelling & grammatical errors exist but are minimal.
(this guy should really have a good publisher/editor stalking him - money in the bank for everyone...)

High Sierra 32" Drop Bottom Wheeled Duffle (Graphite/Titanium/Spring)
High Sierra 32" Drop Bottom Wheeled Duffle (Graphite/Titanium/Spring)

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Support After a Ripped Zipper!, July 4, 2014
I bought one of these from Sears & on my 2nd flight one of the zipper slides & two zipper pulls were ripped off the bag.

I give it 4 stars because I called customer support & they sent me a new bag within 48 hours!

That being said; this bag holds a lot of stuff & is just under the maximum size the airlines start charging extra baggage fees & it wheels around easily.

It can be a bit awkward to pack but that's how soft sided duffels are.

The Lava color makes it easy to spot coming off the luggage carousel.

I'll raise it to 5 stars if it holds up better than the 1st bag...

Antennas Direct C2-V-CJM ClearStream 2-V Long Range UHF/VHF Indoor/Outdoor DTV Antenna with 20-Inch Mount
Offered by MrAudioVideo
Price: $94.99
19 used & new from $55.55

4.0 out of 5 stars No Cable Bill 4 Me, April 17, 2014
I don't watch a ton of TV but I do enjoy it occasionally.

I've visited friends & neighbors homes & wasted time scrolling through 100's of channels only to find there's nothing worth watching.
Now I can spend less than a minute at home looking through channels to learn the same thing.

Seriously though; I get 15 channels now (all the major networks, 1 music channel, x3 PBS, x2 24 hour weather channels.)

Easy to install & HD reception (nuff said...)

Rinnai RL75eN Natural Gas Tankless Water Heater, 7.5 Gallons Per Minute
Rinnai RL75eN Natural Gas Tankless Water Heater, 7.5 Gallons Per Minute
Price: $946.82
7 used & new from $884.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Hot Water FOREVER!, April 17, 2014
I recently had a new home built & the contractor put the unit in so I can't comment on ease of installation (others have already done so anyway...)

What I can comment on is how I can linger in the shower for an hour if I want.

I can have both bathroom showers in use at the same time while running the dishwasher & doing a load of clothes & everyone gets a generous supply of hot water!

The system comes with a default temperature limit of 120 degrees fahrenheit which you can change to 140 degrees by flipping a dip switch in the outside unit.

1. Go to the outside temperature controller unit & remove the cover.
2. Look on the lower right side & you'll see a series of 8 dip switches.
3. Flip switch #6 to the right (on position) to raise the limit to 140 degrees.
4. Now you can set the thermostat in your house as high as 140 degrees fahrenheit.

(A pdf manual can be downloaded at the manufacturers website.)

I set the internal thermostat to 130 since which is comfortable to me.
Anything above 125 degrees presents a risk of serious burns to sensitive skin so be careful.

All in all; I love this water heater!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-13