ARRAY(0x99d5e660)

Customer Reviews: 118

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

J. Ferris "tunawish" RSS Feed (Rio de Janeiro, Brasil)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-12
Apple iPad Air MD790LL/A (64GB, Wi-Fi, White with Silver) NEWEST VERSION
Apple iPad Air MD790LL/A (64GB, Wi-Fi, White with Silver) NEWEST VERSION
Offered by syounus1
Price: $664.99
32 used & new from $577.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Super Thin & Perfect for Me!, February 25, 2014
I made the switch from Windows to Mac about 2 years ago & loved the MacBook Pro while I only liked the older iPad mainly due to the fact it only had 16gb onboard & no memory card slot (it also slowed down noticeably with iOs 6.)

I traded my MacBook Pro & old iPad for a new MacBook Air & a 64gb iPad Air & now I love my MacBook AND my iPad.

Apple has now made iWorks (Pages, Numbers & Keynote) free with new devices & I've almost cut the Microsoft tether completely (hooray!)

The iPad Air is lighter, faster & has a longer lasting battery & a bright, crisp display.
All this in a sturdy yet stylish tablet (no cheap plastic here.)

I don't know why anyone would want a Samsung or Microsoft tablet (unless they are forced to shop for a cheap alternative of course.)

Call me a fanatic if you want but there is no substitute for the quality & ease of use of an Apple product...

MORGARTEN (The Forest Knights: Book 2)
MORGARTEN (The Forest Knights: Book 2)
Price: $4.99

5.0 out of 5 stars The Swiss are Tough Even With Those Goofy Hats, February 25, 2014
The Forest Knights were GREAT.
The characters were likable & hate able in just the right proportions.
The words evoked the images well & I never got confused in the battle scenes.

I've always liked Rick Steves travel adventures through Switzerland & now it's been bumped up on my "to go" list!

Unfortunately; I don't dig short stories so I'll have to pass on the authors other works but I'll be keeping an eye out for more full length multi edition historical fiction from this guy (for sure...)

ALTDORF (The Forest Knights: Book 1)
ALTDORF (The Forest Knights: Book 1)
Price: $0.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Story / Well Written!, February 21, 2014
This book covers an era of European history which I know absolutely nothing about; the Hapsburg's.

The author admits to taking some liberties with factual/fictional characters/events.

I like the way the he was able to flip you back in time as a character was remembering the past & then seamlessly bring you back to the present.

The characters are rich & well fleshed out (and he's not afraid to kill off someone you've grown to like.)

I'd compare Swift's craftsmanship to that of Cornwell & Iggulden!

I hope he'll take a serious stab at more Euro historical fiction!!!
(Papal intrigues & warcraft would be really cool...)

I bought the 2nd book in the series & expect it to be every bit as good as the 1st...

Fintie SmartShell Case for Apple iPad Air (iPad 5 5th Generation) Ultra Slim Lightweight Leather Front Cover with Frost Transparent Hard Back Shell (Smart Cover Auto Wake / Sleep Feature) - Orange/Frost
Offered by Fintie
Price: $7.99

5.0 out of 5 stars My iPad Air is Like a Cool Breeze, January 24, 2014
The Fintie SmartShell case was really simple to install my iPad Air in & provides great protection without bulking up my iPad.

The magnetic on/off dealio works perfectly & the case is very comfortable to work with.

Secure, attractive, functional & affordable!

ORE International 3 Tier Bookshelves - Espresso
ORE International 3 Tier Bookshelves - Espresso
Offered by Four Bros
Price: $58.00
15 used & new from $38.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Attractive Bookcase, January 24, 2014
This bookcase is sturdy & attractive.

The instructions are a bit bare bones but I managed to get it put together in about 20 minutes.

(I had to reverse a few things I'd assembled incorrectly & recommend leaving all bolts/screws loose until you get it completely assembled & then snug everything up.)

Overall; Iiked it so much I bought a 2nd one!

Foremost BFH10222-FMD Sheridan Bookcase, Walnut
Foremost BFH10222-FMD Sheridan Bookcase, Walnut
Price: $107.87
2 used & new from $107.87

5.0 out of 5 stars Just the Right Size, January 24, 2014
I got this bookcase for small nook in my office & it fit perfectly.

It's reasonably sturdy & was easy to put together (took me about 15 minutes.)

Nuff said...

elago S5 Breathe Case for iPhone 5/5S - eco friendly Retail Packaging - Soft Feeling Orange
Offered by elago design
Price: $7.99
3 used & new from $7.27

5.0 out of 5 stars Keep's My iPhone Looking Cool!, January 24, 2014
The Elago S5 case was a snap to install & fits my iPhone 5s perfectly.

It provides good protection on the corners, sides & back.

The volume & on/off buttons are a bit difficult to access as they are set rather deep in the case but with a little practice this problem went away.

Overall; if you are like me & rarely drop your phone, this case provides adequate protection & is just plain cool looking!

Forbes
Forbes
Price: $2.49
2 used & new from $2.49

2.0 out of 5 stars Nothing Here For Me..., December 19, 2013
This review is from: Forbes (Kindle Edition)
I read a LOT of books, magazines & websites/blogs; constantly searching for investment ideas.

Forbes is pretty much worthless (unless you're an advertising sales rep looking for prospects; there's TONS of ads in Forbes & a very tiny news hole.)

You're better off reading industry specific websites/blogs & Yahoo finance.

Photive CYREN Portable Wireless Bluetooth Speaker with Built in Speakerphone & 8 hour Rechargeable Battery - Orange
Offered by Amazing Deals Online
Price: $39.95
3 used & new from $39.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Works Great!, November 18, 2013
Nice portable bluetooth speaker for the price.

Bluetooth synced up to my iPhone immediately & switches to incoming calls with no problems.

Sound quality is good but not much bass (OK considering the price.)

Provides me with around 8 or so hours of listening on a full charge.

Overall a very nice rechargeable bluetooth speaker!

APPLE IPAD WiFi 16GB STYLE: MD510LL/A-BLACK SIZE: OS
APPLE IPAD WiFi 16GB STYLE: MD510LL/A-BLACK SIZE: OS
6 used & new from $400.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Platform for My Purposes, November 12, 2013
I travel a lot & got this iPad mainly for reading magazines (wanted to cut down on paper weight in my bags.)

I had tried the Kindle Fire & didn't like the smaller screen & definitely didn't like Amazon's flavor of Android (the home screen stinks & you can't download apps from Google Play.)

I soon discovered that this iPad was not only great for magazines but I wind up using it a lot more than my MacBook since it fits on my lap better & the battery lasts longer.

FYI - I prefer using Safari to go straight to sites like eBay, Amazon & Yahoo Finance on the iPad instead of using the dedicated apps.
The apps will narrow & restrict your abilities on these & other sites (OK on a phone with limited screen real estate) but I prefer the full browsing experience.

I'd like to move up to the 128gb model since I've got 90+ gb of music in iTunes & can only put my 5 star selections onto the iPad (not a huge deal but I would like to selectively add whole CD's from time to time.)

Unfortunately; Apple does not include a slot to expand the amount of memory in this iPad (or any other iPad for that matter.)

You can; however, you can use a wireless device like the portable SanDisk Connect 32GB Wireless Flash Drive (SDWS2-032G-E57) or the [5-in-1] RAVPower® Wireless SD Card Reader,USB External HDD / SDD / USB Flash Disk Reader,3000mAh External Battery Pack & NAS File Server & Wi-Fi Hot Spot Wireless Media Streaming FileHub RP-WD01 either of which will allow you to store & access more music, books, magazines & photo/video with your iPad.

Overall; a nice pad for the price...

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-12