Profile for Navy Bean > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 368

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Navy Bean "Navy Bean" RSS Feed (Amsterdam/Dayton, OH)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Thrive: The Third Metric to Redefining Success and Creating a Life of Well-Being, Wisdom, and Wonder
by Arianna Stassinopoulos Huffington
Price: $17.56
147 used & new from $9.39

1.0 out of 5 stars Was it a millionaire who said "Imagine no possessions" ?, April 9, 2014
What wonderfully delusional baloney. We should all not work as hard because life is too precious to waste on pursuing money! Great advice Ariana. Maybe if I didn't PAY any of my contributors and then cashed out on the sweat of their work for MILLIONS I could do the same. But no, I have to go to work every day. And let me tell you something, being a male cage dancer is not as glamourous as it sounds.

Poor little rich girl. Do not give her any more of your money, she's already taken enough for work she didn't do.
Comment Comments (12) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 12, 2014 6:36 AM PDT

Shutterbug Follies: Graphic Novel (Doubleday Graphic Novels)
Shutterbug Follies: Graphic Novel (Doubleday Graphic Novels)
by Jason Little
Price: $18.71
69 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Started reading it @ GoComics, January 20, 2014
Liked it enough to take the plunge and buy the book.

It's a Hitchcock-esque story about a girl/teen? who works at camera shop prior to the digital camera revolution. And as she processes photos she sees some strange things. Sort of a "Rear Window" but with snapshots.

It's beautifully illustrated and the story is quick and fun and has some interesting themes. I highly recommend it. I would say it's probably rated M though for violence and nudity (both of which I am a fan of).

Birthing the Miraculous: The Power of Personal Encounters with God to Change Your Life and the World
by Heidi Baker
Price: $12.12
40 used & new from $8.61

5.0 out of 5 stars My love for Jesus is NON-Negotiable!, January 15, 2014
H.B. delves into us with a grace and a plum that has not been seen in many years. Miracles are around us but we have to make them known to us in our everyday lives!

It's up to us to witness and it is ordained that we shall be the leaders of the true Church. And I will not negotiate that. Do you hear me? I won't.

I hope I get to meet Heidi somedays as we would be very close friends and have a union that would be recognized by God ad Jesus and also the Holy Sprit.

To Heaven and Back: A Doctor's Extraordinary Account of Her Death, Heaven, Angels, and Life Again: A True Story
by Mary C. Neal
Price: $8.29
451 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars If you want to experience what eternal life is like, January 2, 2014
You should go see the movie "Gravity." BOR-ING! Do you know what's not BOR-ING!? It's living life to the extreme! And that's what Dr. Mary C. Kneel has done here.

She went into heaven and said "NOT YET, GOD! You are not the boss of me! I still have things to do on earth and possibly other planets!" (my interpretation, not a direct quote)

One time when I wanted to live my life to the extreme I called my ex-girlfried Mary Beth and I will pretend that I am taking an anonymous survey about the bedroom habits of women in her demongraphic of life. And I have to say I should NOT have made the call, for I found out that she cheated on me they entire time we were together including she alleges with one of the Ohio State Women's Volleyball team. Now that left me in quite the quandary, I was angry on one hand, but with my other hand I was thinking impure thoughts.

My Journey to Heaven: What I Saw and How It Changed My Life
My Journey to Heaven: What I Saw and How It Changed My Life
by Marvin J. Besteman
Price: $10.93
124 used & new from $3.73

5.0 out of 5 stars I can totally relate, December 30, 2013
I too went to heaven. Only I was 18 and my uncle Art remarried a much younger woman. Her name was Kris with a K. And I don't have to tell you that she could fill out a sweater.

One time Uncle Art and Kris were watching my brothers and I while my parents went on tour with Kenny Loggins -- they were big fans, not musicians BTW.

Well Kris, would hug me a lot and she would press her WHOLE self up against me and then one time I was showering and I purposely left the bathroom door unlocked -- we only had but one bathroom. And Kris came in and she just got a long look at me in all my heavenly glory and she apologized and turned around and left. But she did look at it for a split-second longer than she should have.

Later that night, I could hear her and Uncle Art making noises in the bedroom and I had a good feeling she was thinking about me. That was my journey to heaven and I thank God for it every day for about 3-4 minutes.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 31, 2013 3:56 PM PST

I Claim Jesus First
I Claim Jesus First
Price: $0.99

5.0 out of 5 stars I claim Jimmy Swags first, December 13, 2013
This review is from: I Claim Jesus First (MP3 Music)
Jimmy did fall. And he did do impure things with a most unattractive woman. I mean I could forgive him if he would have been with a woman who was a bit more attractive, but I am afraid I cannot.

Luckily, like Eric, I think Jimmy's voice is like God's word coming into my ears and tickling me all over my body and then he asks me in a soft voice if I'll pose for some photos with him, a german shepherd and a ethnic person. I agree and boy oh boy do we have a good time.

My Trip to Heaven: Face to Face with Jesus
My Trip to Heaven: Face to Face with Jesus
by David Taylor
Price: $13.01
51 used & new from $8.14

5.0 out of 5 stars Never happened, December 10, 2013
The real story is he took a wrong turn and ended up at Hooters in Jefferson City. Their wings are good and all but to call it heaven is a bit of a stretch. David Taylor is definitely not a con man and anyone who says he is doesn't not know what they are talking about.

We'll see whose laughing when God strikes you down and makes you suffer and you have boils on your legs and you're all like "ow! these boils on my legs are really painful" and God is sitting on his thrown nodding and laughing, nodding and laughing, nodding and laughing and David Taylor sits next to him in one of those director's chairs and it has "D TAYLOR" printed on the back and he's on his cell phone ordering a Hoagie sandwich with extra onions and God says to David, "get me one too."

Good God book.

23 Minutes In Hell: One Man's Story About What He Saw, Heard, and Felt in that Place of Torment
by Bill Wiese
Price: $7.46
623 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Bill was not in hell, it was probably Tucson, December 10, 2013
Let's be real folks, Bill wasn't in hell. The world isn't about pixies and devils with pitchforks and heaven isn't like a buffet with all sorts of wonderful seafood. There isn't an angel flying over your shoulder and God most certainly does not give a crud about you or your prayers or hopes or dreams.

God is busy with important things and you and your little life and middle management job are not enough to get on his radar. So save your prayers and head on over to the casino and maybe have relations with people you do not know very well because at the end of the day. No one cares. Life is about fun and all these people telling you to act responsible and be kind are just trying to keep you in line and make sure you don't buck the system. But I say buck the system and your neighbor's wife and buck that barista who wears that braid in her hair and you just know what she's capable of.

Aside from all the lying and the ridiculousness of the premise, I'd thought there was a lot to like about this book.

Tyler Perry's The HAVES & The HAVE-NOTS (The Play)
Tyler Perry's The HAVES & The HAVE-NOTS (The Play)
DVD ~ Tyler Perry
Price: $5.00
34 used & new from $3.34

5.0 out of 5 stars Let's just say Taylor Perrys still has it!, October 3, 2013
This is a story about genuine life. I would have to say that it feels like this was written by a man who knows what it must like to be very rich and bribe male workers for intimacy in order to keep their jobs in his estate.

That's what Taylor Perrys is about people! He has an ear for how real folks speak dialogue and a he has a mouth that is one of the prettiest I've seen in ages. If my boyfriend, Santiago, would just agree to let our relationship be a bit more open we would most assuredly send an evite to Mr. Perrys this instant!

He so tall! You know he must be a handful ... and then somel!

Desmond Pucket Makes Monster Magic
Desmond Pucket Makes Monster Magic
by Mark Tatulli
Price: $10.77
101 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Love Mark Tatulli and Desmond, October 1, 2013
As an aspiring (yet cynical) cartoonist, there are very few current cartoonists that I enjoy. Ruben Bolling, Dave Coverly, Stephan Pastis and Mark Tatulli are just a few that deliver the goods on a regular basis.

And "Lio" may be my favorite of all. So, when I see Mark Tatulli is going to put out a monster-type book, I buy it. And then I enjoy it. And then I lay down because Mark knows how to get to me emotionally and in my heart and also in my thyroid.

So I cannot recommend this enough. Buy it. Live it. Love it. And Mr. Tatulli if you should ever find yourself in Huber Heights, Ohio, you would be a most welcome guest at my dinner table. I serve haddock with a lovely cream sauce most nights.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20