Profile for Rick > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 30

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Rick RSS Feed (Pennsylvania)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Amazon Fire TV
Amazon Fire TV
Price: $99.00

1.0 out of 5 stars Not impressed, February 1, 2015
This review is from: Amazon Fire TV (Electronics)
From my initial impressions, it is locked down to essentially use just amazon services. From my reading online, if you try to reprogram it (root it), amazon has a built in fuse that will essentially cause it self destruct if amazon figures out that you have hacked it. That is ridiculous for a product that I paid real money for. I could understand if amazon still owned it and was letting me use it for free, but I paid for it and therefore it is mine to use as I wish. I wish I could return this device as I don't see myself using it, but I received it as a gift and don't have the receipt.
I received a $100 paperweight for Christmass
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 3, 2015 9:01 AM PST

Deluxe Easy Stick Window Sun Shades ®, 2-Pack for car or truck - Provides SPF-30 car window shade, eBooks for download FREE, "Taking Your Kids on an Adventure". Large high quality car sunshade keeps you cool - Window shades for your baby, - Sun protection for your Kids and Pets, eye sunshade - easy to stick, easy to remove window sunshade - The best buy from the Best sellers on Amazon
Offered by Starlight and Sunny Inc
Price: $22.49

Stant 10840 Fuel Cap
Stant 10840 Fuel Cap
Price: $11.25
47 used & new from $6.48

5.0 out of 5 stars the computer will not automatically reset itself like most cars, October 29, 2014
This review is from: Stant 10840 Fuel Cap (Automotive)
Fits CX-9 without issue. (If you have a check engine light go off due the gas cap being loose or damaged, the computer will not automatically reset itself like most cars. You will need to borrow a code reader from an autoparts store to reset the light)

Progress Lighting P2713-09 Gather Collection 5-Light Vanity Fixture, Brushed Nickel
Price: $118.26
20 used & new from $77.66

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, October 29, 2014
Has a very solid good quality look when mounted. We love it

Progress Lighting P2707-09 Gather Collection 2-Light Vanity Fixture, Brushed Nickel
Price: $42.03
3 used & new from $42.03

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, October 29, 2014
Has a very solid good quality look when mounted. We love it

KYB  349070 Excel-G OE Replacement Shock
KYB 349070 Excel-G OE Replacement Shock
Price: $59.51
37 used & new from $48.93

5.0 out of 5 stars Fits my Mazda CX-9 and was a great price (For CX-9 owners, October 29, 2014
Fits my Mazda CX-9 and was a great price (For CX-9 owners, it is not a straight forward install- look at the mazda forums to get an idea of how to get to the top mount bolts- the first side took me over an hour while the second 20 minutes once I knew how to get at the top bolts)

Broan 778WH 80 CFM 2.0 Sones Energy Star Fan, White
Broan 778WH 80 CFM 2.0 Sones Energy Star Fan, White
Price: $102.78
10 used & new from $98.50

5.0 out of 5 stars Very happy with unit, October 29, 2014
Very happy with unit. The fan noise is audible, but is more of whooshing noise from moving air rather than the cheap sounding annoying rattle noise from the fan that came with the house. It does a good job of keeping our bathroom dry though it is technically undersized based on the internet calculators I have used (For the size of our large bathroom, we are supposed to be using a 110 cfm). It also looks nice compared to the plasticy units more commonly seen on the market.

The Men Who Built America Season 1 [HD]
The Men Who Built America Season 1 [HD]
Price: $18.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Very repetitive and somewhat sensationalized, April 19, 2014
Very repetitive as many posters have stated, where everything is recapped over and over again . The result is 20 minutes of real history description dragged out over 45min. Instead of the continuous recapping, I would have preferred greater detail in the side stories such as why exactly Tesla and Edison had a falling out. It's actually a interesting story.
The sensationalized aspect comes through at times which takes away credibility from the show. An example is when the steel workers were up against the Pinkerton police. The steel workers are painted as weak victims. In truth these were big burly guys who had guns of their own against the pinkertons. I think the true side of the story in which these workers were being abused through brutal work conditions which were down right dangerous was enough without painting a distorted picture, which again takes away from the credibility of the show (I was left thinking that if they lied about this aspect, what else did they lie about). I was expecting accurate history, not a televised drama "based on true events".
Overall I still give the show 3 stars because there is not much else out there in terms of good history programming, especially now that the history channel has turned more towards reality shows rather than real history. If there were a lot of good historically accurate shows out there describing this era, I would have rated it lower.

Omnitech 9 Sheet Crosscut Shredder (OT-NXC8PA)
Omnitech 9 Sheet Crosscut Shredder (OT-NXC8PA)

5.0 out of 5 stars Working great for over 5 years now, April 19, 2014
I bought this at staples for under $20 over 5 years ago and it has been going great. It shreds unopened envelopes and credit cards without issue (It strains under heavy load, but keeps on trucking along). One thing I never shred is anything sticky, such as address labels stuck to envelops as I have heard that those are torture on a paper shredder because it gums up the blades. I read another reviewer on here about lubricating the shredder which makes sense but I have never done that myself. I am now looking for a new shredder because I damaged a plastic piece in the bucket that activates a safety switch on the shredder to let it know that it is safely in the bucket before it will run. I tried gluing the piece of plastic but not sure how long it will last. I could easily jam something in the unit to keep the safety switch always off, but for the $20 I paid, it does not make sense to make the unit potentially unsafe.

Bronson
Bronson
DVD
Price: $2.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Tries to be artsy but ends up being boring, April 17, 2014
This review is from: Bronson (Amazon Instant Video)
Disappointing movie. Unless you are into artsy movies without a plot and pointless violence, I would stay away. From the description I was expecting somewhat of an action/drama but was disappointed.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3