Automotive Deals BOTYSFKT Shop Women's Clothing Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis STEM Water Sports
Profile for Savvy Buyer > Reviews

Browse

Savvy Buyer's Profile

Customer Reviews: 8

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Savvy Buyer "Savvy Buyer" RSS Feed (Philadelphia)

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality hardware and service..., March 16, 2015
This set fit and functioned perfectly in my Colt Gold Cup Trophy. This part should be in the Colt from the factory. No issues after 250 rounds and slide lock up seems better with the solid one piece rod. The gun was already accurate, but I'm confident that it is even better now. Slide operates very smooth as well. I just ordered one of their black ones for my Sig 1911.

I've bought other products from American National Firearms and have found their communication and quality to be outstanding.

CNC Swashplate SE: Blade MSR
CNC Swashplate SE: Blade MSR
Offered by Supreme Hobbies
Price: $17.73
9 used & new from $12.75

5.0 out of 5 stars MSRx flies like a new bird!, June 26, 2013
This review is from: CNC Swashplate SE: Blade MSR (Toy)
This durable aluminum upgrade made my heli perform better the second it took off. It added stability and precision. After installation I could do soft oochie-coo landings in ground effect like a real helicopter. I'll likely be getting the main blade head grip in aluminum and the anti-collar piece as well. They should just make the whole Blade MSR X out of these parts to begin with! But it's fun to trick out your little chopper with upgraded parts too. Highly recommend.

Blade CX4 RTF
Blade CX4 RTF
Offered by Richmond Hill Home Center USA.
Price: $229.99
3 used & new from $229.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Buy extra blades..., June 25, 2013
This review is from: Blade CX4 RTF (Toy)
Considering that coaxial helicopters are supposed to be for beginners, the CX4 is a handful. Naturally, I wouldn't blame the product for crashes while I earned my wings, but the rotor blades are made from a soft rubberized plastic with a rubber coated leading edge. The idea was that rather than trash the heli because you keep using blades that are damaged, you'd have to replace these when they break. But c'mon... If you tip it over on take-off, break a blade. I've gone through so many of these it's ridiculous. I finally bought a Heli-Max Novus 200 FP (fixed pitch single rotor w/ flybar) and it was SO much easier (and realistic) to fly.

Another note: don't try to fly the CX4 in any kind of breeze. It doesn't have the bite to tackle wind and will drift off (and crash). The single rotor fixed pitch choppers have greater head speed and can challenge a breeze.

Acer Aspire 8735G Replacement AC Power Adapter
Acer Aspire 8735G Replacement AC Power Adapter

1.0 out of 5 stars Total Piece of Junk, October 14, 2012
Duped by the price, which was less than half of other AC Adapters for the Acer Aspire 8735G laptop, I plunked down the money, plus expedited the order. Upon its arrival I was immediately very annoyed to discover that the length of the cord from the brick to the laptop was less than 18-inches. Totally inadequate if you happen to need to need it in a work setting (conference room, etc.) of even in most hotels.

I had it for 13 DAYS before it died. It continuously overheated to the point of smelling like burning plastic. Last night my laptop display began flickering, making me think I needed to replace the display, but when unplugging the adapter it operated normally. This morning, I heard a "pop" and thar she blows. Which is the word I'd use to describe the product -- it blows.

What's most annoying is that I ordered this item specifically because it was recommended for the Acer Aspire 8735G, which with its 18-inch monitor and power-hungry appetite, you need an adapter of better quality. By all means, avoid trying to save $10-$15 by buying this product. As with most shoddy devices, by the time you buy two or three of them, you've paid more than if you had bought a decent one to begin with.

HP v165w 16 GB USB 2.0 Flash Drive P-FD16GHP165-EF (Blue)
HP v165w 16 GB USB 2.0 Flash Drive P-FD16GHP165-EF (Blue)
Offered by OutletPC
Price: $13.02
6 used & new from $7.00

2.0 out of 5 stars Lousy fit, stupid halyard, March 22, 2011
Don't get me wrong, 16GB of NTFS flash memory in a size smaller than the diameter of a quarter is pretty cool. But not if you're worried it's going to disconnect all the time.

Mine sloshes around in the USB port so badly that Windows is constantly chiming, "plugged in," "unplugged," "plugged in," "unplugged. I finally had to crimp the drive housing to make it hold in place. I'm using it for Readyboost, so have no idea what happens when it keeps coming unplugged. I've had to do a complete reformat of it three times now because the Readyboost file gets corrupt.

Let's talk costume jewelry. That's all I can call the inept quality of the halyard and fastener that takes elves' hands to open. I threw it away... I don't want loose strings hanging from active peripherals anyway. The drive cap? I knew not to even try to keep that around... it fell off the drive freely the first day I had it. In the trash.

What I'm left with -- 16GB of memory -- is what I wanted. But I was hoping for (H)igh (P)roduct quality from HP, not unnecessary bling at the expense of it.

Hercules DS520B Trombone Stand
Hercules DS520B Trombone Stand
Price: $47.99
82 used & new from $47.99

1.0 out of 5 stars What was Hercules thinking when they designed this?, December 19, 2010
My opinion is that, with regard to others' reviews on conventional stands, if your slide is holding up the weight of the trombone, the slide is not locked and therefore the bell insert cup is not adjusted high enough and you also run the risk of the slide peeling away when you lift your horn. I bought the Hercules stand and returned it to the retailer the next day, saying, "I honestly cannot find one good thing I LIKE about this stand."

Be it big band, orchestra, or whatever, I could see that it was going to be distracting and always akward to pick the horn up before playing. Since you set the the horn in the stand on it slide brace -- the very part of the horn you hold it by -- how are you supposed to retrive your instrment? By the F-attachment tubing? Hands on both the bell brace and the slide at the same time? I tried several times and it took way too long to wrestle it out of the stand. I'm not that concerned about micro-scratches way inside the bell of my even my Shire's trombone.

The adjustment on the brace holder was very stiff to perate and, as others have mentioned, it set my trombone at a weird s;ant angle. No way could I pop this in my gig bag, besides.

But the deal killer was when I tested the stability and realized it wouldn't take a very careless person to tip it over. That was enough strikes for me to send it back, especially for the cost.

The Hamilton is still the standard, albeit industrial looking and non-compact. The "Stageline" will cost only 2/3rds as much, and you can leave the top portion adjusted for your bone, telescope the legs and still fit it into the side of a semi-hard case.

I DID like the yellow & black look of the Hercules, but that's about it.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 23, 2010 7:45 PM PST

Skagen Men's 572LSXM Charcoal Gray Watch
Skagen Men's 572LSXM Charcoal Gray Watch

3.0 out of 5 stars How to adjust the wristband for this time piece..., April 17, 2010
I just got my watch and will return later to review its performance. But it's a little harsh to criticize people for having trouble with taking the links out. I was vexed and frustrated for the first 15 minutes until I figured out the key. So I'm here to help the rest of the mortal world with this really quite simple exercise.

You need tools you have around the house: (1) a small paper clip, bent open on one end so it has an "L" shape before coming to the end, and (2) some kind of "hammer." Not a real hammer; I used a ball point pen that had just enough mass to enable it to tap.

You have to deal with TWO sets of pins with these kinds of wrist bands: The initial larger pins that are connected to the clasping device, and the smaller pins that are part of the link system.

First, make sure you have a safe work environment because you don't want to lose these pins. Use a well lighted desk away from carpeting and perhaps a piece of paper to put things on.

Now, the first set of pins (that connect the clasp) are the larger ones, and are spring loaded. You'll use your paper clip to compress one end of the pin and then pull laterally on the clasp and the pin pulls out. This part is super easy. But these spring loaded pins love to richochet across the room so user beware.

Now, to get the pins out for the link pieces that have the arrows on them: Turn the watch band on it's side and angle it up a little so the pin has a place to exit in the direction of the arrow. Stick the tip of your "L" shaped paperclip against the top other end (the top) of the pin and tap it gently but firmly 3 or 4 times. It'll start to emerge from the bottom side. Before you pull it all the way out, do this to the next pin (you need to pull out 2 pins in order to take out 1 link). Then just pull the pins out. PUT THEM IN THE BOX THE WATCH CAME IN SO THEY DON'T ROLL AWAY. When you have enough links out (and remember to do the same number on each side of the clasp if possible) simple reverse the process. Push the smaller pins back through the link pieces, turn the wristband on it's side and insert the smaller pink into the link from the side it exited. You'll notice that one end of the smaller pin is a little larger... insert the OTHER end of the pin in, slide it through the link, and tap it into place with your paperclip and hammer.

Interestingly, the spring loaded pins are tricker to put back than they are to take out, while the smaller pins are the opposite. When reassembling the larger pin, you'll want to use one of those very small screwdrivers, or something similar. Push the pin through the link piece first and anchor it onto one of the holes in the link, then use your screwdriver to compress the pin so that you can slide the tab of the clasp piece over the other end of the pin. It will "find" the hole and snap into place.

Boy, I wish I could charge $10 for each one of these, because once you figure out how easy it is, it's really a cinch. Hope that help the rest of us normal people!
Comment Comments (8) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 22, 2011 12:44 PM PDT

Brunton Striker Fire Starter (Silver/Black)
Brunton Striker Fire Starter (Silver/Black)

1.0 out of 5 stars Glad I wasn't in a survival situation..., March 14, 2010
Okay, I may not be Bear Grylls (Man vs. Wild) or Les Stroud (Survivorman) but in my first attempt to use this product it failed completely. The core of the starter fell out of the holder after a few attempts. Then after a dozen more swipes of the scraper against the rod, the scraper snapped in half and the lanyard broke as well. (Incidently, the lanyard isn't long enough to allow you to hang this around your neck either).

Naturally, the serrated stamp-out makes for a weak point and I'm not sure what its purpose is anyway, considering that the end of the scraper has a notched groove in it as well. Personally, I would steer clear of this item in favor for a more well-constructed one. If you stick with this, be sure to bring along a couple of butane lighters with you too, or you might find yourself sleeping in the cold darkness.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 14, 2012 9:26 AM PDT