Profile for AnthonyJude10 > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 5

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

AnthonyJude10 RSS Feed

Armitron Men's 204701BLSV Silver-Tone Stainless-Steel Blue Multi-Function Dial Dress Bracelet Watch

2.0 out of 5 stars Stopped working after only four months..., February 3, 2012
When I first received this watch, I was very excited. I was worried that the fake diamond-like patterns embedded on the watch links would end up making this product look rather cheap, but that was not the case at all. The watch looked very nice, has a beautiful blue face, and a decent size and heft to it. Now for the reason I gave this watch a less-than stellar review- The bezel on this watch does not rotate at all. In fact it serves no other function rather than to give the appearance of having a properly operating bezel or dial that actually rotates around the watch face. I was even able to overlook this as the watch, as I said, looked and felt nice and I was happy using it as an every day watch. The real problem was that 4 months after I purchases this watch it just stopped ticking. I assumed that the battery was just dead and went to a jeweler to have it replaced, only to find, much to my chagrin, that it was not the battery at all as it was a "internal" problem. The jeweler kindly asked me of I wanted to pay the $90 to have it fixes and since that is almost DOUBLE what I paid for it, I kindly declined. The jeweler thought this a wise choice and told me that the problem was most-likely that moisture got into the watch. This was a surprise to me as I never go near water of any kind, save for washing my hands (and I don't wash my watch), and more importantly... this watch claims to be water resistant up to 165 feet. Since I am fairly certain that my bathroom sink is a bit more shallow than that, keeping in mind that I never submerged my watch under water at all, I can confidently say that this claim is false. It was a real shame as like I said, the watch did look rather nice and would have been a great price for a decent watch, but I guess you get what you pay for. If this watch did not break, I would have given it 5 stars easily so if anyone reads this and decides to purchase this item, I hope you have better luck than I did.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 23, 2012 10:16 AM PDT

The Uncanny X-Men #268: Madripoor Knights
The Uncanny X-Men #268: Madripoor Knights
by Chris Claremont
Edition: Comic
10 used & new from $8.49

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best single-issue stories ever told!, April 22, 2011
This single issue cracked Wizard's top 100 single issue list and it is certainly worthy of that distinction. Set in the past, Wolverine and Captain America meet for the first time in Madripoor Knights; and without giving anything away, they add a lot towards the defining of one another. A must read for any X-men, Wolverine, or Captain America fan. Set in 1941, this single issue includes Nazis, the Black Widow, and some great action. You can not afford to miss this issue! And since, to the best of my knowledge, this story is not included in any other X_men collection, pick up Madripoor Knights as a single issue when you get the chance.

The Uncanny X-Men, Vol. 1 (Marvel Masterworks)
The Uncanny X-Men, Vol. 1 (Marvel Masterworks)
by Chris Claremont
51 used & new from $9.95

5.0 out of 5 stars A must have, April 22, 2011
This is a must have for any true X-men fan, young and old alike. The Marvel Masterworks series provides nice collections of full color inked issues. Ny including Giant X-men #1 in this collection, this paperback includes the the formation of a new X-men while introducing iconic characters such as Wolverine, Nightcrawler, and Storm. If you want to catch up on some back issues that you may have misses, or you simply want to fill some gaps in your collection or X-men knowledge, this is a must have release. I have collected the entire Essential X-men series (I am awaiting the release of Volume 10 at the current time), but I wanted to have a colored edition of these seminal tales. The Essential X-men paperbacks give you more for your money and come at a cheaper price, but the trade-off is that it is printed on much lower grade paper and only available in black & white. I for one do not mind that as I have many of the single-issues from the 70's on, but if you only buy one Uncanny X-men Marvel Masterworks book, this should be the one. Just remembering before making this purchase that these stories, although classic, were written in a style that more be unappealing to modern day readers as the X-men have certainly come long way since then, but it is nevertheless essential reading to truly understand the mythos of the X-men. Even after all these years the X-men have stayed true to their original purpose. Buy this book and you will not be disappointed.

Superhero Costume Felt Eye Masks Assorted Colors (Red)
Superhero Costume Felt Eye Masks Assorted Colors (Red)
Offered by TV Store Online
Price: $4.95
2 used & new from $4.95

2.0 out of 5 stars Ninja Turtle Mask, January 17, 2011
Thank you for a easy transaction! The mask was as described so it was not the seller's fault, but it was merely a piece of felt with two eye holes cut out. Quick delivery though and the seller was a pleasure to deal with. Would do business with again although in the future I would opt for a higher quality mask.

TMNT Ninja Turtle Raphael Kids Costume
TMNT Ninja Turtle Raphael Kids Costume

4.0 out of 5 stars Ninja Turtle Costume, January 17, 2011
Thank you for a easy transaction! Quick delivery and a pleasure to deal with. Would do business with again!