Profile for Dr. Fred > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 219

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Dr. Fred "Dr. Fred" RSS Feed (Salem, VA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars A Fun Read, September 13, 2012
I always enjoy a good Sherlock Holmes and this is no exception. The author also brings in a number of other well known characters out of detective literature, however Sherlock remains king. Never read the original Island of Doctor Moreau and really feel I do not have to. There is a Hitchcock twist readers will enjoy.

I Am Gabriel
I Am Gabriel
DVD ~ Dean Cain
Price: $11.21
22 used & new from $7.99

5.0 out of 5 stars A beautiful movie., September 13, 2012
This review is from: I Am Gabriel (DVD)
I cannot praise this film enough and have bought copies for friends. I will also use it in Bible Studies that I help coordinate. While there is a great cast, especially Dean Cain and John Schneider, the one who stands out for me is the lovely young Jenn Gotzon. This is a young lady I believe is destined to be an Academy Award and Emmy winner.

Blarney: 12 Tales of Lies, Crime & Mystery
Blarney: 12 Tales of Lies, Crime & Mystery
by Steve Hockensmith
Price: $12.59
19 used & new from $10.46

5.0 out of 5 stars Another home run for the author., September 13, 2012
Steve is one of my favorite authors and as a bookaholic I have read a great deal the last seventy some years. I guess being retired made me especially like the retired police officer tales as he found himself acting as a private detective. Good movie or TV series material. I am so glad Steve is so much younger than this posse member as that means I will be able to enjoy new works by him the rest of my life.

Romney Ryan 12 Waving Flag Bumper Sticker
Romney Ryan 12 Waving Flag Bumper Sticker

5.0 out of 5 stars You will either love or hate this product., September 13, 2012
I love this product and it was available before the campaign even had the new stickers out. I will not get into a debate with Obama lovers as I do not receive emails about comments made and I never read them when I go to my reviews. . People who agree this is the best team are intelligent and thoughtful. Those poor souls who do not are deluded and I don't have time to educate them. :)
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 14, 2012 9:00 PM PDT

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Great original picture., September 13, 2012
Lovely picture, an original, of Nancy Stafford and this will go right to her. The price was amazing as I first saw the picture on eBay, likely a reprint, going for $51.00. I suggest that if you are an eBayer and see
a picture you would like, go to Amazon before bidding. It may be a much better deal as this was.

Rough cut: A novel
Rough cut: A novel
by Andrew McCullough
25 used & new from $1.86

5.0 out of 5 stars For what it is supposed to be....., September 13, 2012
This review is from: Rough cut: A novel (Hardcover)
I looked very forward to reading this book as recently we met the author and he is really a great guy. He has had an outstanding career in motion pictures and when I heard about this book I expected to see a lot of great inside information. There is. I also thought this might be a book that could be made into a motion picture. Andrew sets his scenes, moving from one to the next in such a way you have the texture of a motion picture. Sadly this likely will not happen. The book was written in the seventies and it is clear that later books and even films borrowed his theme. It is a shame. Clearly the author was ahead of his times.

Heaven DVD
Heaven DVD
DVD ~ Randy Alcorn
Price: $19.99
7 used & new from $10.85

5.0 out of 5 stars The most outstanding program I have ever seen for a Bible Study., August 23, 2012
This review is from: Heaven DVD (DVD-ROM)
I started out using just the DVD in a Bible Study and it drew so many folks I had to buy the original book by Randy Alcorn. It is the most outstanding series on Heaven I have ever seen or heard. Scripture references and special scenes.

John Wayne Movie Bible Study (DVD Leader Pack)
John Wayne Movie Bible Study (DVD Leader Pack)
DVD ~ John Wayne

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Bible Study, August 23, 2012
As one who conducts two Bible Studies I found Steve Skelton's John Wayne Bible Study excellent for both groups. In the past I had used Three God Fathers, and this one, The Angel and the Bad Man is perfect. Also would be good for Church Sunday Schools or just plain in the home studies for families.

Binding Wounds: An Alternate Reconstruction
Binding Wounds: An Alternate Reconstruction
by Talmadge Walker
Price: $7.08
24 used & new from $5.01

4.0 out of 5 stars Fairly good alternate world story., August 23, 2012
Not a bad book for what it is supposed to be. Well written as an alternate world ending for the Civil War, but no real surprises. The idea is of course Lincoln surviving the attempt to kill him by Booth and what might have happened.

Tennessee's Partner Widescreen Edition
Tennessee's Partner Widescreen Edition
DVD ~ John Payne
Price: $12.99
21 used & new from $7.35

5.0 out of 5 stars Another great John Payne/Rhonda Fleming/Ronald Reagan film., May 20, 2012
I already had this film and recently bought it as a gift for an actress friend too young to be familiar with the multi talented John Payne. John is a local boy from where I write this, his old home place a stones throw away from our Salem, VA residence. He was a musical, dramatic and Western star on screen and TV. This is a delightful film which also costarred the beautiful Rhonda Fleming and Ronald Reagan doing one of his better acting roles. A really neat Western.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20