Profile for Madison > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 10

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Madison RSS Feed (New York, NY)

Gerber Baby-Girls Newborn 3 Pack Bird Mitten, Bird Pink, 0-3 Months
Gerber Baby-Girls Newborn 3 Pack Bird Mitten, Bird Pink, 0-3 Months
Price: $4.99
3 used & new from $4.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Not worth even the cheap price, August 25, 2014
I had used Satsuma mittens and they were very good, but were $8/pair so I was looking for something cheaper. Unfortunately out of 3, only 1 pair managed to stay on decently on our 2 week newborn. The other two were completely useless.

God Knows My Name: Never Forgotten, Forever Loved
God Knows My Name: Never Forgotten, Forever Loved
Price: $2.51

2.0 out of 5 stars Too preachy and redundant, June 3, 2013
I was hoping for something more raw and honest. I thought the author would share more of her life story and her difficulties and how faith helped her through those times. Maybe it works for some people who are new to the faith, or for the youth, but for me the entire book kind of felt like a broken record of the things you already know.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!, December 11, 2008
We have been using these glasses for over 2 years, and I have not had a problem with any of them breaking, yet. I am very careful when I use them, but it has also survived our move cross-country. I don't wash my glasses with soap all the time, unless it was used by a guest or I ate greasy food along with my wine.

Nordic Ware Danish Ebleskiver Pan
Nordic Ware Danish Ebleskiver Pan
Offered by Firefly Buys
Price: $18.49
39 used & new from $11.29

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome!, February 23, 2008
I just used this pan today for the first time, and I was amazed at how easy it was to use! I used a little bit of butter (1/4 tsp?) for every hole and the batter did not stick at all. Flipping was a breeze with a wooden skewer. It was fun putting in different fillings for each ebelskiver. I'm excited to serve these for my guests in the future. Make sure the heat is around medium-low.

Rösle 12735 Crosswise Swivel Peeler
Rösle 12735 Crosswise Swivel Peeler
Offered by Kitchen Culture®
Price: $22.36
23 used & new from $22.36

5.0 out of 5 stars Buy it!, February 18, 2008
Amazon Review is incorrect in claiming that all Rosle products are made in Germany. But if you read carefully enough, the "Product Feature" says that it is "German-DESIGNED" not "German-made." If having a German-made product is such an important issue, check the discrepancy between the two descriptions before purchasing it online. In any case, it's Amazon's fault for misleading consumers, not Rosle's, and reviewing for this product without even having used it seems ridiculous. Now for someone who actually owns this peeler, all I can say is that it's a wonderful product. No, it's not German-made, but personally I don't think it would make a difference (unless we're talking about knives). It's designed well, it feels substantial in your hand, and it peels everything and cleans with such an ease that others have decided to buy it after using mine.
Comment Comments (5) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 22, 2011 5:54 PM PST

All-Clad T136 Stainless Steel 14.5-Inch Whisk / Kitchen Tool, Silver
All-Clad T136 Stainless Steel 14.5-Inch Whisk / Kitchen Tool, Silver
Price: $25.95
12 used & new from $19.93

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Whisk, December 7, 2007
I really love All-Clad products - they are quality products that will outlast any cheap alternatives. I am a strong believer in buying quality items that last forever, rather than buying cheap ones every other year. My only problem with these All-Clad tools is their ergonomically-designed handles. I think they work great with their pots and pans (which I own), but I don't like them as much on the kitchen tools. I think they actually work against how you would normally hold them. For kitchen tools, I'm starting to lean towards Rosle more. But overall, this is a great whisk - it whisks big batters really quickly and it's a breeze to wash. Before using soap, I just soak it in hot water for a couple minutes and all the sticky residue just comes right off.

All-Clad T112 Stainless Steel 12-Inch Locking Tongs Kitchen Tool, Silver
All-Clad T112 Stainless Steel 12-Inch Locking Tongs Kitchen Tool, Silver
Price: $24.00
12 used & new from $19.00

1.0 out of 5 stars Not worth it!, November 16, 2007
I'm an All-Clad fanatic. I have their pots and pans, their measuring cups, and most of my cooking utensils are All-Clad. All of them have exceeded my expectations in its quality, design, and utility, except this one. Thank goodness I didn't pay for them (I got this as a bonus gift to buying bunch of other All-Clad pots and pans) b/c unlike other All-Clads, they are NOT worth the price! The locking mechanism is not designed well -it takes a little more effort than my other tongs to lock and unlock during cooking, which might not seem much, but it becomes a huge nusiance when you use it as much as me. But what's most disappointing is that the end of the tongs are so flat (my other tongs curve inward slightly so that it will hold onto food better) that unless I use extra force to hold onto the food, it just slips out (talk about hands cramping!). Like others have commented here, it looks beautiful, but in terms of getting things done in the kitchen, it fails miserably.

Wusthof Classic 8-Piece Knife Set with Block
Wusthof Classic 8-Piece Knife Set with Block
Offered by Kitchen Kapers
Price: $667.00
19 used & new from $379.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Kitchen staple, November 16, 2007
I got this as a wedding gift, and I was amazed at how much of a difference it makes in the kitchen! Good knives make cooking such an enjoyable experience, and Wusthof is well-known to be one of the best out there. The 8-piece set is perfect for people who want to start with a good set and build up on it. Of course I use the chef's knife the most, but I also use the bread knife and paring knife a lot too. I think a santoku knife would be a nice addition to this set, and perhaps steak knives would be wonderful to fill in the 6 slots on the bottom of the block, but in terms of practicality, I never feel like I need more than what I already have (but this is coming from a person who is a beginner in the kitchen). I have been using my knives for about 1 1/2 years now, and the knives are still as sharp as they were when we first bought it. I'm sure we will have to sharpen them eventually, but with good care I expect these to last a very long time.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Great magazine, July 13, 2005
Awesome articles by Hal Rubinstein. Especially enjoy their articles about designers and celebrity homes. Their approach to fashion is not just trendy or excessive, but graceful and knowledgable. It offers great ideas for your personal wardrobe. I only give 4 stars because their magazine has been noticably thinner lately. Are they getting lazy?

Oldboy
Oldboy
DVD ~ Min-sik Choi
Offered by kylakins
Price: $16.49
27 used & new from $8.48

5.0 out of 5 stars Gets better the more you watch it, July 1, 2005
This review is from: Oldboy (DVD)
I was recommended this film by others. So going into the movie, I had very high expectations. The first time I viewed it, I was a bit disappointed. The movie is definitely disturbing. Different. So back then, I would have given only 3 stars. But after a couple months, I went back and viewed the movie again. I don't know why I didn't like it the first time around! I can't describe the movie in one word. It has dry humor, violence, bit of comic book element to it, but it also carries a deep philosophical weight to it that cannot be ignored. I absolutely love it now, and I will be viewing it many times over in the years to come.