Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Look Park Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro
Profile for John Woods > Reviews

Browse

John Woods' Profile

Customer Reviews: 132

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

John Woods "TObject" RSS Feed (San Diego, CA, United States)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-14
H&R Block At Home 2010 Deluxe Federal + State + eFile [Old Version]
H&R Block At Home 2010 Deluxe Federal + State + eFile [Old Version]
6 used & new from $19.48

4.0 out of 5 stars E-file problems, March 10, 2011
Warning: H&R Block 2010 does not E-file when credit for increasing research activities is present. The main error check comes up with no errors, but the additional e-file check stops with the following message: "Inconsistency: For your return to be filed, this credit line must be blank. Location: Form 3800 - General Business Credit"

External USB 8X DVD +/-RW Dual Layer Burner for PC or Laptop
External USB 8X DVD +/-RW Dual Layer Burner for PC or Laptop
Offered by Dias Trading Co.,LTD
Price: $14.79
10 used & new from $13.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Would be great if burned well, February 2, 2011
Out of five high quality Taiyo Yuden disks (that work fine with other burners) burned on this drive two were defective. Something is wrong with this DVD burner.

It reads disks fine; and worked under Windows 7 64-bit without loading drivers manually.

GARMIN 010-11030-00 Suction Cup Mount For Nuvi 700 Series Travel Assistant (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
Offered by GPS City
Price: $24.98
2 used & new from $24.98

5.0 out of 5 stars Replacement parts, January 11, 2011
When my Nuvi 775T started reporting loss of power all of the sudden, I was relieved to find out that the expensive traffic receiver cable was ok, and that the bad part was the much cheaper connector bracket.

The funny thing is that just a month before the connector, the original rubber suction cup gave out; and I bought a replacement. So, my recommendation, if you have one or the other break the other one is probably not far behind, buy this kit that includes both the suction cup and the connector.

X-Mini II XAM4-R Portable Capsule Speaker, Mono, Red
X-Mini II XAM4-R Portable Capsule Speaker, Mono, Red
4 used & new from $20.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Quality is a suspect, but very nice unit when it works, December 31, 2010
Yet another buyer here who got a defective unit.
I did more research wanting to buy a different brand; but decided to give this one one more try and ordered the same model again. The second one worked with no problems.

I like how this unit is self contained; there is no need to haul around extra tangles of wires.

Kingston DataTraveler 112 - 4 GB USB 2.0 Flash Drive DT112K/4GBCL (Black)
Kingston DataTraveler 112 - 4 GB USB 2.0 Flash Drive DT112K/4GBCL (Black)

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for me, December 9, 2010
I already have three of these, and I just placed an order for three more. I like how this USB flash stick is slightly shorter than most USB flash sticks in this format. I also like that there is no cap to loose. I like the solid feel of the USB connector. I like the one-had operation.

The finish of the black Kingston DataTraveler 112 (DT112K/4GBCL) also happens to match my car interior perfectly. I use these drives to play MP3 files through my car audio system, and when one is plugged in it it looks just like a part of the car.

Marware Eco-Flip Leather Kindle Flip Case, Black (Fits Kindle Keyboard)
Marware Eco-Flip Leather Kindle Flip Case, Black (Fits Kindle Keyboard)

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent companion for a Kindle, December 6, 2010
I recommend this cover. The fit and finish is excellent. Only a couple of minor concerns.

First, the cover touches the side of the volume-down button. But it doesn't actually activate it, so it is fine.
Second, there were a couple of sharp pieces sticking out. But those were easy to trim with a pair of cutters.

I like, how the rubber band can be flipped around to hold the cover open. This is a very good cover with well thought out design.

Kindle Keyboard 3G, Free 3G + Wi-Fi, 6" E Ink Display
Kindle Keyboard 3G, Free 3G + Wi-Fi, 6" E Ink Display

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for me, December 6, 2010
I have yet to pay for a single kindle book. I have been downloading and reading free per-copyright books from Amazon. And for the free classic books not yet available from Amazon, I find texts on the Internet, save them in RTF format and email them to the free kindle document service for conversion to the kindle format, and for free download to my kindle once it is in range of a WiFi connection.

Thus, kindle offers a great opportunity for anyone who wishes to catch up on classics - nothing else to buy; load up on classics and read anywhere.

I just carry my kindle with me all the time, and whenever I have an idle moment, I read.

Another feature I love is access to the dictionary. Whenever I come up on an obscure word and want to see its meanings I can just navigate the cursor to the word, and the Kindle pops up with a definition and a link to the dictionary details.

The experimental web browser is also pretty cool. I used it once, on the go, to look up movie times in a nearby theater.

Magazine, newspaper, and blog subscriptions are available on kindle too. As my paper subscriptions will be expiring, I anticipate I will be moving to kindle delivery.

I love my kindle.

Fujifilm FinePix J40 12.2 MP Digital Camera with 3x Optical Zoom and 3-Inch LCD (Includes 2 GB SD Memory Card)

5.0 out of 5 stars Little automatic camera, November 23, 2010
My girlfriend picked this camera: she liked the price, and how it looked. The camera is pleasant to look at and to hold in hands, it features nice finish and easy to use interface. The zoom equivalent is 32 - 96 mm.

There is a bunch of scene modes, including a panorama mode for stitching two or three side-by-side pictures together automatically (the camera displays a part of the previous image so you can overlay the next image in the viewfinder).

A thirds grid can be turned on on the screen to assist in picture framing.

There is an easy access to macro mode, self timer (10 and 2 sec), and flash mode (auto, always on, always off, and red eye reduction [auto only]).

In manual scene mode the camera lets you select ISO sensitivity, exposure compensation, white balance, and adds two more flash settings (slow sync and red eye slow sync).

The camera does not detect portrait orientation automatically, but there is a menu option to rotate pictures after taking.

IG-R01A: i.Trek Garmin Nuvi Low Vibration Windshield Mount
IG-R01A: i.Trek Garmin Nuvi Low Vibration Windshield Mount

5.0 out of 5 stars Bigger than stock, November 17, 2010
I bought this mount to replace a broken stock suction cup for the Garmin 775T unit. This one is bigger. Where I didn't get vibration with the stock mount with this one I do get some vibration, but this is expected as this mount is over twice as long in the extended position.

This windshield mount doesn't fit as well in my car console box (I have to loosen the adjustment screw and fold the mount before putting it away) as the original mount did; but this is not a fault of the design.

Nova Development US Art Explosion 500,000
Nova Development US Art Explosion 500,000
Offered by lidorvn
Price: $34.99
9 used & new from $25.00

5.0 out of 5 stars A lot of artwork for cheap, November 12, 2010
I have purchased Nova's products in the past, and what I like about their collections is that they give unrestricted access directly to the images without the need to install any proprietary software.

This collection comes on four disks. Disk one contains image browser software. The other three disks contain over fifteen gigabytes of artwork organized in the following folders:

Classic Images
Raster Clip Art
Photos
High-Res Photos
Backgrounds & Textures

There is a rich sub-folder structure that helps locating needed files. And there are a lot of files in following formats: WMF, EMF, TIFF, JPEG, PNG, and GIF. There are also 756 TTF font files organized by name.

The quality of images ranges from silly to most excellent, but the sheer volume of this collection make it an outstanding set definitely worth having.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-14