Profile for John Woods > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 120

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

John Woods "TObject" RSS Feed (San Diego, CA, United States)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-12
HP CP2025DN Color LaserJet Printer
HP CP2025DN Color LaserJet Printer
40 used & new from $145.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good color laser printer, September 14, 2010
Number ten envelopes come out a bit crooked, but otherwise this printer is excellent. It is much lighter and smaller than some printers of a few years back, and does the job as good or better.

Actiontec GT701D Ethernet DSL Modem with Routing Capabilities
Actiontec GT701D Ethernet DSL Modem with Routing Capabilities
18 used & new from $10.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Cute little box. Works great., August 26, 2010
I am a new AT&T DSL customer. I ordered their service, but declined to purchase their modem, and specified that I have my own equipment. They said that if I don't buy their modem I would have to purchase paid support, as they do not offer free support for Actiontec modems.

I didn't need their paid support. Everything worked fine. First I needed to setup the modem with temporary user name "attreg@att.net" and password "attreg". Then go to [...] to register and receive the permanent user name and password. After that, reset the Actiontec to the factory defaults, let it auto-detect again, and enter the new user name and password.
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 14, 2012 2:00 PM PST

Kaspersky Internet Security 2010 3-User [OLD VERSION]
Kaspersky Internet Security 2010 3-User [OLD VERSION]
8 used & new from $14.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Works with the next version, August 26, 2010
The activation code from this box worked fine to activate the version 2011 downloaded from the Kaspersky web site.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Good, clean, modern shelf, August 26, 2010
I was looking for a nice, modern shelf, and I found this one after not being impressed with anything I saw at a local Ikea store.

I would recommend making more detailed installation instructions, such as, I think, it is important to tell customers that the boards need to be intersected all the way for a secure fit. The product itself is great.

Also, I received the package without delays.

GearWrench Tools 3253 End Cap Oil Filter Wrench
GearWrench Tools 3253 End Cap Oil Filter Wrench
Price: $7.99
24 used & new from $5.38

5.0 out of 5 stars 65 mm Inside Measurement, June 4, 2010
This oil filter wrench seems to be well made, however the description is a bit confusing. Be careful, this wrench is too small to fit oil filters that measure 65 mm on the outside, such as FRAM TG4386 or SUZUKI 16510-61AR0. The wrench is 65 mm on the inside.

StarTech.com 2S1P Native PCI Express Parallel Serial Combo Card with 16550 UART (PEX2S5521P)

5.0 out of 5 stars Just works, February 16, 2010
I use this card to connect an external fax-modem to a new computer with 64-bit Windows 7. The card worked right away, I didn't even need to install drivers manually.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Return of the classic, March 2, 2009
This is an excellent item for its price. This design has been hard to come buy in the stores as of late, but it looks like it is making a come back.

The XX-Large feels too small for its size. The individual fit will wary, but I think I would recommend ordering next size up.

Garmin 010-10672-05 Garmin Travel Guide
Garmin 010-10672-05 Garmin Travel Guide
Offered by 17th Street Photo
Price: $25.89

2.0 out of 5 stars Buggy, hard to use, questionable value, December 15, 2008
When I inserted this card into my Garmin nüvi 775T and turned the unit on, I was offered to install the data so that it is available if the card is removed. I clicked install, and the installation failed, whipping out all my settings and favorites in the process.

Now, using the card without installing it works. And here is how it works:

1. Click on "Where To?"
2. Click on "Near" and make sure you are searching near a big city in Scandinavia.
3. Click "Ok", scroll down, and click on the "Extras" item on the "Where To"" menu.
4. Now you will be presented with "Marco Polo Scandinavia" choice, that you can click, and then go through waypoint categories, and then, hopefully, to the list of waypoints.

As you can see, this is a whole separate set of points of interest. These are probably more outdated and sparser than the ones you already have pre-loaded on your unit. The only benefit is that a lot of these Travel Guide waypoints have an "Extra" button that you can click for a description that usually includes hours of operation and, sometimes, additional information.

Here is a typical waypoint from the Travel Guide:

DVD ~ Casper Van Dien
Price: $9.78
55 used & new from $1.11

5.0 out of 5 stars A tremendous improvement over the part 2, August 6, 2008
I watched the "Starship Troopers 3: Marauder" last night, twice. Well, there are obvious shortcomings, but I really liked the movie anyway.

I was a little disappointed they did not use Brenda Strong (the "braless wonder" from Seinfeld). The FX shots sometimes look unrealistic. And I wish those who worked on the movie had been required to watch the "Roughnecks: The Starship Troopers Chronicles" animated series, to tie the whole story a little better together.

Other than that, I think the movie is exceptional; it is definitely going to be one of my favorites.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 21, 2008 10:50 AM PDT

NZXT CRYO LX Aluminum Notebook Cooler 17-Inch to 19-Inch with 120MM Adjustable Fans - Silver (CRYO LX SILVER)

5.0 out of 5 stars Big and Quiet, July 10, 2008
This is a large aluminum notebook cooler. Individual fit will of-course wary, but the cooler holds a Sony AR790U, for example, ok, with room to spare. I think this item should be fine for most contemporary large multimedia notebooks.

The fans on the cooler are quieter than I expected, and there is an adjustment wheel, presumably to adjust the fans' speed. The fans are powered from a DC port; the cooler comes with a cable to hook-up the DC port to a USB port (a regular USB cable is also included).

The item is equipped with a built-in USB hub and is foldable lengthwise.

The box that I got did not include a users manual or any kind of instructions besides what's written outside the box. It would be nice to know about different options the manufacturer recommends for powering the cooler. Other than that I think everything is top notch; this is a very good product.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-12