Profile for Cathio > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 227

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Cathio RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Hershey's Chocolate Assortment, 11-Ounce Bags (Pack of 4)
Hershey's Chocolate Assortment, 11-Ounce Bags (Pack of 4)
Price: $12.27
8 used & new from $12.27

5.0 out of 5 stars ~~~TRIO OF ALL TIME FAVORITES~~~, October 17, 2011
Well, what can I really say about these all time favorite delights, except, they arrived UN-melted and were extremely fresh. I would order again.

Karen Kane Women's Rose Print Tank, White, X-Large
Karen Kane Women's Rose Print Tank, White, X-Large

5.0 out of 5 stars LOVE KAREN KANE DESIGNS AND LOVE THIS TOP!, October 17, 2011
I bought this tank to wear under a Karen Kane white cotton blouse I bought on Amazon. It is a beautiful top. there are some glittery accents on the rose part which make it really beautiful. Looks great under the blouse I got to go with it. I ordered an xl and it is a snugger fit than usual but my bust is 38DD so that could be part of it. Karen Kane is my favorite designer. Her clothes look good and feel good. Her fabrics are tops. They seem to be made to fit taller girls like me as well...I am 5' 6". I waited for this top to come down in price before I bought it. Glad I did. P.S. you will get many compliments!

Dr. Dean Edell Colorful Half-Eye Reader, Multi-Color, +2.50
Dr. Dean Edell Colorful Half-Eye Reader, Multi-Color, +2.50

5.0 out of 5 stars I will wear no other..., October 17, 2011
Love these glasses. I am on my third pair. They are attractive and as others have already said, they are super clear with no distortion. They are lightweight. I have sat on two pairs, which were on the bed, and they broke at the hinges, so, don't sit on them! I have worn other drugstore glasses, but they were not as clear to see through and some had distortion. I will wear no other. Highly recommend these glasses.

Mott's Cinnamon Applesauce,  6 - 4-Ounce Cups per Set,  (Pack of 6)
Mott's Cinnamon Applesauce, 6 - 4-Ounce Cups per Set, (Pack of 6)
3 used & new from $25.59

5.0 out of 5 stars PASSED PRICE COMPARISON CHECK TO JARS~ NATURALLY SO SWEET~ WE LOVE IT!, October 12, 2011
The problem we have with this applesauce is that we can't keep it. It is gone in days and no children here...at least no little children here!! I do have to share it with my dogs as they love it too. It is so good we usually eat more than one at a time. One is not enough for an adult, most times, I think.

I have done the price comparison to comparable jars of applesauce and the cheapest ones I can find in a jar is 0.07 per ounce and this one is 0.09 per ounce (at this time) so, you are not overpaying greatly for the individual servings. Price is not bad. You get 36 individual servings.

This is a finer grind applesauce. I really prefer it not so fine but love the flavor of this one. It has a great cinnamon taste without over doing it. The apples vary in sweetness I have noticed as they do in nature. The last order we received, the apples were super, naturally sweet, which I love.

I have ordered this several times and never had a problem with the packaging. All have arrived in perfect condition.

Truly a great product!

FIJI Natural Artesian Water, 16.9-Ounce Bottles (Pack of 24)
FIJI Natural Artesian Water, 16.9-Ounce Bottles (Pack of 24)
Price: $32.63
14 used & new from $11.80

5.0 out of 5 stars CLINICALLY TESTED WATER WITH POSITIVE HEALTH BENEFITS- AND IT TASTES GREAT!, September 8, 2011
I knew when I first tasted fiji water years ago that it was different, better. I loved the taste or lack of taste. It felt smooth and moist in my mouth, even after I swallowed it. I would drink this water forever if I could afford it. I loved the bottle-asesthetically it is beautiful. It reminds me of Bora Bora Tahiti, where I have been, not Fiji where I haven't been. I have heard they are similar though from those who have been to both. (How lucky can you get!)

The tap water where I live tastes good, but has too much lime. We bought a faucet filter for this problem. So, I only bought Fiji water when I was out and about, as a special treat. Just couldn't justify buying it to drink all the time. I could not see buying drinking water we got from the tap for almost free.

Then, I read recently about clinical trials involving Fiji water and the positive affects it has on health
That did it for me. I did my research. I can now justify buying this beautiful water to drink on a regular basis. My son is very happy about this too, as it is his favorite bottled water. With Fiji water around we notice that we drink less sodas, etc. which is good.

The silica in it is what gives it the soft, smooth feel. Turns out silica is also very good for you. I am hoping it will help my joints and connective tissue (I have osteo arthritis), skin and overall health. There is even proof it might raise the good cholesterol in your body and so many other things. I am gong to give it a shot at helping me. I'll do a follow-up later. Google clinical studies on fiji water to get all the facts.

The price on Amazon is good. My first case was delivered with Amazon Prime shipping in two days. I ordered the 16 oz bottles. Almost ordered the 50 oz ounces but just a little too large. I do wish they had the 30+ oz bottles. I did notice the price per oz on the 16oz size is incorrect. My son likes this because UPS or Fed EX delivers it and he doesn' t have to lug it in and out of the car.

Here is info I got on the web-site regarding what's in Fiji:

What are the natural contents of FIJI Water?

FIJI Water contains the following in milligrams (mg) per liter (L):

Silica: 91 mg/L
Silica is an important trace mineral that may positively benefit bone formation and connective tissue, as well as other salutary benefits .

Fluoride: 0.26 mg/L
An important element found in FIJI Water is natural fluoride, which helps fight tooth decay.

Bicarbonate: 140 mg/L
Bicarbonate plays an important role in maintaining our bodies' pH levels.

Total dissolved solids: 208 mg/L
The term "Total Dissolved Solids" refers to the amount of dissolved minerals found in water. The more dissolved solids, the more metallic the water's taste will be.

Read more about the minerals in FIJI Water.

What are electrolytes?

Electrolytes are substances found in the body that help regulate important physiological functions through electrical impulses. When dissolved in water, electrolytes are formed into positively and negatively charged ions.

What is bicarbonate?

Bicarbonate is essential for maintaining our bodies' pH balance. Working as an important buffer in the blood, it helps prevent blood from becoming too acidic or alkaline.

What is pH?

Many metabolic functions have a narrow range of pH at which they function adequately. The average normal pH is 7.4.

With a pH of 7.8, FIJI Water is an excellent choice for your daily hydration needs.

The Miracle Ball Method: Relieve Your Pain, Reshape Your Body, Reduce Your Stress [2 Miracle Balls Included]
by Elaine Petrone
Price: $12.99
85 used & new from $1.25

5.0 out of 5 stars HAVE USED THEM ABOUT 8 MONTHS- MY LITTLE "PRESSURE/PAIN RELIEVERS", August 15, 2011
Sorry this is so long. So many words for two little balls...they work for me! I have been using them now for about 9 months. I have Avascular Necrosis in my hips, bulging discs in my spine, a spinal fracture, twice broken tail bone and osteo arthritis. I need both hips replaced. Hopefully, I can begin the process soon. Every movement is painful now. I am on narcotic pain medication, which I don't like a having to take it but I would have absolutely NO quality of life without it, even though I still hurt even while medicated. It is just a little more tolerable. I had the onset of this at an fairly early age. I was always on my feet- "going", working long hours, raising children as a single mom, watching and participating in sports that caused injuries. Who was it that said: "Never stand when you can sit, Never sit when you can lie (down)"? Now... that finally makes sense to me!

I began using 'the balls' and studied the book, last November and can't be without them now. Amazingly the air is still in them and I have not had to air them up yet. Just getting them underneath me on the bed (it's a Tempurpedic so real firm-I am not not able to get down on the floor) is painful but once they are in the right positions I can be mostly pain free while they are under me. For me, this is big. Nothing else does this for me. Pain free moments are not part of my life. I find many times it relaxes me so much, I have gone to sleep while on them which is not a good idea-too much of a good thing! Normally I cannot fall asleep quickly like that, it takes hours. They release some pressure on my spine and hips and it is just so wonderful how it relaxes me for just that little bit of time. The pain subsides some afterward, most of the time as well. I am an extreme case so I would think most people would get relief for a longer period.

The thing I have noticed as far as improvement after use of the balls is that they help my posture. It is difficult to stand up straight now, no matter how hard I try, as it is terribly painful so I bend forward when I have to walk on my walker. I cannot walk at all now without a walker. Most, but not all the time, afterwards when I get up to walk, my posture is so much better. This is the ONLY way I can walk, for a little while, with better posture. Good posture was always a 'biggie' to me. My parents were always on to me about it and modeling, as I did, it was requirement. I am so discouraged and almost in disbelief that I find it extremely difficult to walk upright at all now. So, when after using these I can get up from the bed and walk to another room with almost erect posture, and, well, it helps me to know it isn't permanent and I will be able to walk erect again in the not-so-distant future!

I can only sleep on my right side, usually, so use the balls to "brace" my back. I put them behind me, against my spine and hips, they roll in and stay there. I discovered this by accident when I left one in the bed and did not put it back in the box when finished. So now, both of them stay in the bed all the time with me. I know it may seem strange but it really does help so there is no 'pull' against me to turn back over on my back. Any movement causes me pain and to wake up. Of course don't try it if you sleep on your back, under you, for the entire night. That is too much pressure against your spine and hips for too long a period. It only works if the balls are Against your side, not under you.

I use the balls also at the base of my neck for headache and tension. My son uses them for back and hip pain and headaches as well.

I have had the injections (be aware, these can cause Avascular Nucrosis), narcotic pain medication and other, physical therapy, traction, Tens units and I still can't believe that the only time I have gone without feeling ANY pain is those minutes while I am lying on these balls! The best pain relief I have received for chronic terrible pain has come from two very inexpensive balls.

If you are suffering, please give these a try. Just remember, you have to use them and they are no good to you sitting in a drawer! This society is such a hurried one and we all need to slow down, take some time to "be still" take care of ourselves and be good to ourselves. I have found that keeping the balls within reach and accessible causes me to use them more frequently. For me, they now stay on my bed where, unfortunately, I usually am. (But...not for long)!

Blessings!

UPDATE 9/21/11- My sweet 35 year old Amazon Parrot decided to play with my ball and guess what?! Now I have one ball left. I thought I could do with that one for awhile but then I got that pulled "something" back pain that seems to go right trough your lung and each breath hurts. The balls fixed that for me before. I can't do without both so am ordering another set now!

Volkman Featherglow Small Hookbill Food 4 Lb
Volkman Featherglow Small Hookbill Food 4 Lb
Offered by BirdDog Depot
Price: $12.20
4 used & new from $11.00

5.0 out of 5 stars LOTS OF VARIETY WILL MAKE YOUR BIRD HAPPY!, August 13, 2011
My cockatiel really likes this food. It has lots of different seeds and also a little surprise - a few little millet seed stalks and a cute little star mineral type thing. I check very carefully before I purchase bird seed to make sure it is a seed with a lot of variety and good for my birds. This one is and the price is right! A note here, I know there is a lot said about the pellet type food nowadays instead of seed. I have tried it but my birds won't eat it. Seeds can't be too bad for them, I had a cockatiel raised on seeds that lived to be 34 years old . I have a parrot who is 35 now and eats mostly a seed diet. None have ever had to go to the vet and have been quite healthy.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 26, 2014 12:37 PM PST

Karen Kane Women's Drawstring Peplum Shirt
Karen Kane Women's Drawstring Peplum Shirt

5.0 out of 5 stars DON'T HESITATE TO BUY THIS SHIRT!, August 13, 2011
Really, this shirt is a steal at this price. Karen Kane is one of my all time favorite designers. When I was in the business world I wore mostly her designs. I rarely could get her clothing on sale in my size because it was usually sold out at the regular price, especially the large and X-large. She does 'with it' classic styles you can wear for years and with fabulous fabrics. I am 5'6 1/2 and her dresses were always long enough for me. Most were not. I have a longer torso and her tops fit me beautifully. I am a 38DD so it is difficult to get most XL's to fit me on top. Hers do. I usually like her 1X's for best fit and I did not know if the XL was gong to fit in the bust, but it does. Yeah! Even the waist tie detail is low down enough on me. I usually shy away from clothing with a waist as it ends up being high waisted on me. You can tie it as tight, or loose as you like, or leave it open with a tank underneath. I am so happy because this is such a cool blouse-in more ways than one. I am very excited about the price I got it for. If you have never worn Karen Kane before buy it you will see what I mean. It is a 99.00 shirt for 27.00. The fabric is just exquisite. Not too light -not too heavy. It is high grade cotton and very, very, soft. I will take care of this as I do all my quality clothing. It will be machine washed in a mesh bag and hung to dry. Can't take a chance on it shrinking plus the dryer kind of beats clothes up and makes them old before their time. It is long enough to cover my butt too, which I like. It is going to be one of my all time favorites. It looks great with jeans. I will also wear it more open with a lace tank under and also with a sleeveless vest over it. for different looks. Wish they had it in other colors. I love this blouse and you probably will too.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars FEELS ALMOST LIKE YOU ARE WEARING NOTHING!, August 13, 2011
Bought a air of these for my son to see how he likes them. I bought them as underwear but he says he will also use them to sleep in because they are so light and comfortable. He usually hates silky feeling fabrics but this is natural silk, so it feels much better than the polyester blend fabric, made to feel, soft and silky. It's the real deal. He likes them.

Thought I would try one pair first since so much has been said about the fit running so small. He wears a size 33 waist clothing. Normally order a medium. I really think a medium would have fit but it would l have been more snug and he likes clothing loose. I went one size up and ordered the large/extra large and they fit just fine, on the loose side. Also, wanted to make sure and allow for any possible shrinkage. Now that I know they fit I will order more for him. Overall quality-perfect. Tailored well. Fabric is wonderful-nice weight and texture. It has elastic waist plus a tie waist so fitting is a breeze. There are buttons in front and a pocket in back. My son liked the pocket. Why do men like pockets so much?! Anyway, I do not think you will regret purchasing these, just order a size up.

I'll try to remember to follow up about how these wash. I would not put these in the dryer unless you have the almost cool setting on yours. We will wash in cold water and hang to dry. over the shower curtain rod. They should dry in a snap!

IRIS Extra Large Floor Protection Tray for Pet Training Pads
IRIS Extra Large Floor Protection Tray for Pet Training Pads
Price: $39.99
3 used & new from $39.99

5.0 out of 5 stars THE BEST PAD HOLDER - CONSIDER THE LARGER SIZE, August 9, 2011
I bought this extra large size for my toy poodles, 5-12 lbs. I believe it is important to have this larger size because dogs move around when they are pooping, at least mine do. With the larger pad there is less chance of missing and hitting the floor. Also, I have found that the pad holder having the edging around it seems to keep the dogs inside the holder when they poop and pee. When I had the pads on the ground not only did they get moved around and bunched up at times but there were many 'misses' as they wandered off onto the floor at times.

Everyone with a dog should own at least one of these. I always hated to leave the dogs home alone to have to wait for me to take them out when I got home, in the "old days". I also don't like being woken up for "potty time". I imagine it is painful for them to hold it for very long when they have to go and no need for them to have to do that with these potty pads. Not to mention it saves your flooring if they can't hold lt. I think crating them for long periods so they won't soil the floor is cruel too. I used the pads for years, so was very happy to find the holder. It makes sit so much easier. This one is easy to clean and use. Each end lifts up and down to replace the pads. It is very sturdy plastic. A small price to pay for the added benefits in using doggy pads. I am going to order another one for the downstairs area.

I like the larger potty pads made to fit this the best but have found it is more economical to buy the small ones by the 100 and use two at a time. Using two works because the holder around the edges keeps them down so they don't get all bunched up. I prefer the Iris brand as they are just better. The urine does not seem to spread out as much. I buy the other at the store now and then, but these are superior.

Do yourself and your dog a favor, start them as puppies using this and you will never have the problem of having to clean your floors and carpet so often. It saves soooooo much time and expense. My older dogs learned to use them too but it is just easier to start them off this way in the beginning. That way you can keep your dog in the house where they are so much safer. In our area I don't leave my dogs outside as I have friends who have had their dogs stolen and they get out accidentally when someone leaves a gate open. An Owl swooped down suddenly and took another friends precious little Yorkie while outside going potty and my friend was standing right next to it. There are all kinds of wild animals that prey on pets these days with building going into their habitats. Avoid the possible heartache and keep your little dogs inside the house.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20