Professional restaurant supplies BDD_MSW16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Beauty Gifts Made in Italy Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando ReadyRide Bikes from Diamondback Learn more
Profile for Ian Monteilh > Reviews

Browse

Ian Monteilh's Profile

Customer Reviews: 14

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Ian Monteilh RSS Feed (Los Angeles)

Page: 1 | 2
ARRIS SURFboard SB6183 DOCSIS 3.0 Cable Modem - Retail Packaging - White
ARRIS SURFboard SB6183 DOCSIS 3.0 Cable Modem - Retail Packaging - White
Price: $97.28
79 used & new from $59.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth the Wait - If You So Choose., October 26, 2014
I bought this from Amazon, but was saddled with a 1-3 months ship time. While I had no real issue with that, I knew that if I found it at a B&M store, I'd cancel my order, which I did. That's not an indictment on Amazon itself, since their stock is their stock, but more so a testament of my keen interest in the product.

Physically, the modem is small and doesn't come with a lot of parts, which is way good for me. The power cord is simple and doesn't have one of those bricks, though I wished that the actual plug wasn't one of those thick horizontal plugs that might take up space on a surge protector.

When its on (as it probably should always be), it illuminates blue, which might be a problem for those that will have it hooked up in a bedroom or living room and don't want extra, unneeded light at night in a room, when its time to sleep. But, it doesn't bother me.

Its real fast and certainly works as advertised with my ISP. The MAC Address information you will need is made readily available in the retail packaging, so it should be quite easy on your end to provide the needed information. Getting it set up was NO PROBLEM with customer service. That's going to be a YMMV, but if you have Time Warner in the So Cal area, you shouldnt have a problem.

I wont pimp off exactly where I actually got mine since this is Amazon's site, but I will say that if you cant and/or wont wait for Amazon to ship yours, it can be had for the exact same price, in-store - think blue.

If you choose to wait, best of luck with the product and your patience. If not, happy hunting.

UPDATE: After hooking it up to my E4200 Linksys router, I'm now consistently pulling over 216 Mbps on a 200/20 internet plan. This modem SLAYS. Get one however you can.

Kinect Sensor TV Mounting Clip - Xbox 360
Kinect Sensor TV Mounting Clip - Xbox 360
Offered by Torra
Price: $17.66
27 used & new from $9.41

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple as can be.. Durable as hoped., January 29, 2012
This product is fabulous. Its one lone kinect connection piece with a huge clip at the bottom.

The Kinect attaches to the top exactly like it should and the bottom will clip to any flat screen television. The clip itself is strong and holds the kinect firm without any shaking or wobbling when it moves. Its also outlined in rubber, so it wont scratch your tv when applied and/or removed.

To apply the clip, simply place the front of it where you'd like to go on your tv and then manually adjust the back until it fits firmly on the tv. Thats it.

No gimmicky adhesive trick, no screws, nothing. Just a simple product that does the job better than any sophisticated rendition.

Global Game Gear GGG0027 Bracket for Kinect and Wii Sensor Bar, also works with wireless sensor bar
Offered by amermedia
Price: $4.99
2 used & new from $1.95

4.0 out of 5 stars Wrong Product? Nope, Right Product., January 29, 2012
When I received this product, it was simply two plastic pieces/brackets wrapped in clear plastic paper and instructions the size of a large post-it note. I wasnt really sure what to make of it and was worried I got picked off by a BS product line.

Each plastic bracket has two holes (one the size of the kinect and another the size of the wii sensor). If installed correctly, the Wii sensor will sit atop the kinect via the bracket.

During the installation, it didnt seem like the Kinect sensor actually fit, which would have rendered the product useless. It did not slide on the Kinect easily like it seemed like it should. After actually removing the Kinect from its mount, I was able to successfully slide the bracket onto it, although again, it should have been easier. The Wii sensor slid on quite easily as it should.

The only issue I have is the placement of the brackets versus the actual sensors of each device. The way the Kinect is designed, its not one bracket is going to be to much closer to the device's edge than the other.

All in all, the product works like it should and honestly, its saved me a bunch of space and simplified having two different gaming systems that use motion sensors. For that alone, its worth the money.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 29, 2012 5:11 PM PDT

VTech 2-in-1 Discovery Table
VTech 2-in-1 Discovery Table
8 used & new from $119.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to Assemble & Fun for Hours, January 29, 2012
This review is from: VTech 2-in-1 Discovery Table (Toy)
I bought this as a Christmas present for my daughter. To say that I am pleased with it is an understatement. Its great!

Being that I have both purchased and received these types of educational toys made by Fisher Price and Little Tikes, I had reservations about the assembly process. All those teeny tiny screws and such are NOT the business. Well, V-Tech ensured I didnt have that problem at all.

The product has SIX pieces to assemble together and none of them are small. The pieces consist of the two teddy bear shaped leg stands, the educational table/counter, an orange pencil cup and two big, long red screws. To assemble, you simply put the table between the two legs and insert a red screw through the applicable hole and tighten with your hand. No hard labor, no screwdrivers required.

Fun wise, the table is great. The colored piano keys play music and teach colors and numbers. The table's colored gears and clock (both are pre-assembled) play music when theyre rotated. The book in the middle both plays music and changes the table's learning mode. The table also easily rotates to be used as an activity table for a child to draw or write or whatever. The pencil cup is the lone accessory that is used on both sides of the table and is easily secured and removed.

Best of all, the table will automatically shut itself off after it has been idle for a time. I am sure it has some drain on the battery, but I havent had an issue in over a month of use.

This activity play center has actually sold me on the V-Tech product line and both my daughter and I love it.

Black Double Layer Cufflinks Storage Box / Case by Cuff-Daddy
Black Double Layer Cufflinks Storage Box / Case by Cuff-Daddy

5.0 out of 5 stars Great cufflink storage box, September 23, 2011
Bought this for my growing collection of cufflinks, as I was unable to find a suitable storage box in any local retail location. I had been looking at the cuff-daddy.com company for a while, but did not want to make an online purchase of this type of item due to possible damage during shipping. Finally sucking up the notion that I was probably not going to find what I wanted in any store, at least without some special custom order that would make it very expensive, I purchased this product.

Well, I am NOT disappointed in the least. The box is everything I'd want and more. There is ample room for cufflink storage and it will indeed fit around 72 pairs of cufflinks (YMMV, depdning on the style of your collection - more on that in a bit).

First, its not as a big as I thought it would be. Its possible that my personal perception was driven by a large watch case I own, but I was under the impression this box would be kinda large. Its not and I'm delighted with that fact.

The box is wooden, but is finished with black paint, making it look and feel very smooth. There are no jagged strands of wood or splinters waiting to happen. Its made very well.

The top is glass, which probably isnt very strong, but then again, why should it be? The glass extends across the lnegth of the top display tray, so you can see every single set of cufflinks that would be stored on the top, removeable shelf (more on that in a second).

The box locks/unlocks with a double clasp latch and the key for it is surprisgly NOT "i cant find this damn thing" small. Its the size of a small padlock key, although nowhere near as heavy.

Inside, there are two trays for storage, both with six rows of silver velvet-type padding for placement of your cufflinks. The top tray easily removes from the box by pulling two small ribbon handles built on the sides of the tray. The top tray's bottom is finished in black velvet, so it wont scratch any cufflinks stored on the bottom tray.

The tray padding is decent, although I had no real expectations of how they should be. The padding makes the rows for the cufflinks very tight, so when placing your cuflinks in them, most will immediately fit securely. The top tray's padding rows are not as deep as the bottom tray's, so if you have cufflinks with a larger, thicker or unshapely bottom, they may not fit on the top as well as those that have the traditional folding clasp.

As with any storage unit, its usage and associated experience will vary, always depending on the user. This case is no different. However, from a production standpoint, the size and high quality build & finish more than satisfies this "bunch of cufflinks" owner. If you're looking for a larger box to store your cufflinks, you cannot go wrong with this product.

Samsung BD-C5900 1080p 3D Blu-ray Disc Player (2010 Model)
Samsung BD-C5900 1080p 3D Blu-ray Disc Player (2010 Model)
4 used & new from $39.95

3.0 out of 5 stars Will do.. for now., March 8, 2011
I received this product as a part of a bundle with a Samsung 55 inch 8000 series 3D television. I didnt have a choice in the BD player, but with the price I paid for the TV, I didnt really care.

The setup was simple and I dig how the Samsung components work together, from the auto sync with the BD player and TV to how the remote controls for each work with the other device.

The thing that really gets me is how Samsung is putting out grade A televisions and 3rd rate BD players. While I will admit that I didnt fully research the BD player I was getting, I fully expected it to be WiFi ready out of the box since my SonyS570 BD player was WiFi ready out of the box and it is two years old (at least).

Well, I was disappointed to learn that in the Samsung world, WiFi ready meant buy something else to make it work. While I had some spare Linksys bridges from other hookups around the house, the fact that I needed to use them at all really chapped my hide. I just feel like Samsung could have done better than that with this BD player. Iy would be different if it was a base model system, but being that 3D isnt standard on anything, I'm of the thought that if it plays 3D, its going to cost like it plays 3D, which means it should have have the standard bells and whistles of most every other BD player out there.

The fact that you have to hook up another device to make it internet ready dropped my rating down to three stars, even with the ease of installation and use. Unless you have wireless bridges laying around the house or your router is located in close proximity to where the BD player would be or you just HAVE to have a Samsung BD player and this one is the best priced one, this probably isnt the player for you.

It works fine for me and will do for now, but its definitely on the endangered list in my house. Upon a much better and more affordable option becoming available (I'm not paying $300.00 for anybody's BD player unless it comes with 10 movies), its getting replaced and I might just leave it outside on the curb.

Baby Jogger Car Seat Adapter For Chicco/City Select, Single (Discontinued by Manufacturer) (Discontinued by Manufacturer)

3.0 out of 5 stars Good Innovation, Bad Design, March 2, 2011
I bought this adapter to work with a Baby Jogger City Select Stroller and a Chicco Ketfit 30 and honestly, while it does the job, it was certainly a head-scratcher with regards to its design.

First off, let me say that there are MULTIPLE Chicco adapters for the Baby Jogger product line and to make sure you buy the right one. I know there are multiple adapters in general, but again, there are TWO different City Stroller Series adapters for the Chicco brand products.

To be fair to those reading this review, this is the adapter I purchased.

[...]

If you have purchased this one (and you'll know becuz the included adapter components will match EXACTLY) or need one for the City Select Stroller with the Keyfit Series, this review is for you.

If you have purchased the following Chicco adapter (or is the one you will need for a non-City Select stroller), this review isnt for you, although youre welcomed to continue.

[...]

Edit: Amazon took down the web addresses of .pdf instruction manuals of both products so that people can see the difference in adapters. Consult the manufacturer's website for the manuals. Sorry about that.

On to the review..

Let me start off by saying Baby Jogger had the right idea in making this adapter system. It is designed to be simple (maybe too simple), yet secure and consistent with their City Select product line.

The adapter itself is made up of the two shaped rails that connect together, the stroller locking brackets, each with an attached locking ribbon (the big, black components, which connect to the spots that your stroller's first and/or second seats would) and two screw-like bolts that secure the two rails once theye connected.

When the adapter is assembled, it will form a square shaped device and the Keyfit seat will sit/fit perfectly inside. The black locking brackets would attach to the stroller and the attached ribbons would wrap around the Keyfit seat, further securing it. Pretty simple, perhaps too simple.

Once assembled, the rails are able to slide within the brackets (the rails go thru them) and once you have your desired adapter position, the rails can be locked into the brackets using two red levers on the brackets' outer side.

So, here is the problem and probably where most of us have had issues. The two black brackets connect perfectly to the stroller. However, they have absolutely NO connectivity to the Keyfit. None, Niet, Zero, Zilch, Nada.

Upon closer examination of the locking brackets (you can look at them if you already own the adapter or increase the zoom on the pdf file above), while the bottom identically match that of the Baby Jogger seats, the top portion have grooves and are distinctly shapely, giving you the impression that they connect with something on the Keyfit. They dont.

Maybe Baby Jogger was told that the design specs would include a space for those brackets to connect. Maybe Baby Jogger is foretelling an upcoming design change of the Keyfit series. But, whatever it is, it has no relevance to March 2, 2011, as the two brackets DO NOT directly connect to the Keyfit on this date.

Now, this normally wouldnt be a big problem, BUT becuz the design of the adapter is so simplistic, the brackets give the undoubted impression that they connect to the Keyfit and many users, including myself, have spent a bunch of time trying to figure out how to connect them. And unless someone has re-constructed their Keyfit seat in some sort of manner, its not happening.

Now, to a very small credit (and I mean pebble of sand small), the brackets do somewhat connect to the two grey locking pieces on the bottom sides of the Keyfit (the pieces that lock the Keyfit into its base in the car), but it is not a seemless connect in the least and is more of a "stuck" than connect. I figured this out accidentally when trying to unhook the Keyfit to the adapter when putting the stroller in the car and was surprisingly unable to remove it. But, again, to me, this is more of a concidence and becuz the rails can be adjusted, thus adjusting the Keyfit's position in the stroller, this is not guaranteed to happen and if it does, users may be inclined to adjust the brackets' position on the rails so it doesnt happen again.

It is just a poor design of a product that works decent in spite of it. The biggest problem is when youre dealing with stuff like this, the first and foremost thing people are concerned with is the safety of your children. When you have components that look like they connect to something and dont, it leaves cause for concern, at the very least. Baby Jogger would be VERY WISE to re-design it or at least allow a third-party to design an alternative since nothing of the sort exists.

Buy the adapter at your own risk and more importantly, comfort level. If it is something you must have to get use of your Baby Jogger stroller with your small child, then buy it, but understand that it wont work like you think it should. And if you can avoid it, at least until it's re-designed, or have the money to purchase a temporary alternative, then do that.

This review isnt to condemn the Baby Jogger product line becuz I actually love it. Its really more of a reminder to them of whats most important and that their current design of this product has major flaws which will make the consumer very apprehensive about making a purchase. Hopefully, they will get the message, if they already have not received it.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 23, 2011 5:55 PM PDT

Toshiba 4 GB USB 2.0 Flash Drive
Toshiba 4 GB USB 2.0 Flash Drive

5.0 out of 5 stars Another "Does What Its Supposed to Do" Product, July 26, 2010
This flash drive is a nice drive with no real issues. Much like every other flash drive available, it's very compact, although the method in which the usb connection extends and retracts is a plus.

Unlike some of those drives with the spring, "clicker pen" trigger or cap cover that probably gets lost within the first week of use, this drive's usb connection opens and closes with the simple move of your thumb, gentling pressing it up and down curteosy of that slider button shown in the product photo. There is no resistance from the product when performing that simple procedure, so you dont have to strain your muscles or worry about breaking it when you open or close.

Information loads to it quickly and easily and it installs automatically upon pc connection without any significant delays or issues. It functions like it is supposed to and in the world of flash drives, thats really all there is to it.

In a world where this kind of product is only grouped into "it works" or "it doesnt work" categories, it fits into the former. The drive does what it is expected to do. Not sure how you can go wrong with that, unless you find a similar drive with more storage for a better price.

Apple Aluminum Wired Keyboard MB110LL/A
Apple Aluminum Wired Keyboard MB110LL/A
Offered by Always Innovating
Price: $64.99
57 used & new from $32.23

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Keyboard.. for a PC, July 26, 2010
I havent read all of the customer reviews for this product, but I am sure that this will be one of only a few reviews for this keyboard as it relates to it being used on a Windows 7 based PC.

This keyboard is everything I hoped it would be and more. It is very compact, durable and sleek. But, it is also very comfortable and easy to use. Bottom line, this is probably the best keyboard I've ever purchased and used.

I did some research before I bought the keyboard, knowing that I wouldnt be using it on a Mac and wanted to figure out if there were any issues associated with compatibility/functionability issues with a Windows OS or non-Apple hardware. While I came across some good reading and some hybrid software that is supposed to fully unlock the keyboard and make all of the keys functional for a Windows-based PC, I was led to believe that the keyboard wouldnt work properly before windows completely finished its boot sequence or without the aid of that hybrid software. That information was wrong.

This keyboard works like a charm and didnt need any additional software downloads to make it fully functional with my computer. It works fine at the initial pc startup, so using it to set up your BIOS or when first installing windows isnt a problem.

I know that I am in the minority with it's use, but this keyboard is wonderful and will satisfy anyone looking to purchase one, whether or not its going to be used on a Mac. This probably isnt the review Apple had in mind when they made this product, but then again, maybe it is.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 14, 2011 7:27 AM PDT

The Denzel Washington Blu-ray Collection (Man on Fire / The Siege / Out of Time)

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice 3-Pack - However.., June 30, 2010
The studio picked three worthwhile Denzel films to put in a blu-ray 3-pack. While a couple of them are not my favorites, I was drawn to the product due to The Siege being included and the overall price, which at the time, was slightly more than The Siege by itself.

When considering this purchase, make sure that youre getting the most bang for your buck. I believe I bought them at $20, making it just under $7 a film, which in BD price standards is great, especially for a new release like The Siege.

Page: 1 | 2