Profile for D. Arthur > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 8

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

D. Arthur RSS Feed (Key West, Florida)

Motorola Signal Booster 484095-001-00 Bi-Directional RF Amplifier (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
Offered by HQ Tech
Price: $69.95
4 used & new from $50.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Record Amount of Channels!!!, February 17, 2009
I live out in the boon-docks, and you're lucky to get 3 channels with the new digital converter box. Bought a DB4 Terrestrial Digital antenna from Amazon and got 10 channels, and on a lucky up to 12. When I added this I now get 15 consistantly, and sometimes up to 20. If you live far, far away from civilization, next time I would buy the DB8 instead. Also you can get a telescopic mast at Radio Shack you can mount on the side of the house that goes 28' feet high. If I did this (I have not yet) along with a better quality cable (I'm using junk right now) I'm sure I'd get some more channels. Nevertheless, this is way better than the 3 PBS channels I ONLY received before. Any other recomendations, please email me at bigdaddy5_69@yahoo.com

Monster RadioPlay 300 Universal Full Spectrum FM Transmitter MBL-FM XMTR300
Monster RadioPlay 300 Universal Full Spectrum FM Transmitter MBL-FM XMTR300
Offered by Novatronics
Price: $19.99
21 used & new from $7.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Works Great, December 12, 2007
Works great! Set your volume up on the source and a unused channel on the radio and that's it. I live in the boondocks so traveling to other areas may require a different frequency change but no big deal. The only setback I've had was listening to internet radio through my cell phone hooked up to this. Some areas where I cannot get a phone signal, I lose the radio, but that has nothing to do with this Monster product. Great idea anyway! Very clean signal, NO static! Next best thing to a direct wire hook-up!

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Forget buying medicine, use this instead!, March 11, 2007
If you have a headache, hangover, muscle spasm, sinus infection, use this instead of poisoning your body with chemicals. This is a replacement for another I had that was stolen and works fine. My other one was a cheaper model, but did the job of getting the blood circulating. The only negative thing I can say is it has no way to plug into the wall, A/C power, and my other one came with the plastic reuseable pads and gel, this one comes with the sticky pads only. You can buy any accessories for cheap, and I'm sure if you use gel on the pads after the sticky stuff wears out it will work fine without spending money on new pads. As far as battery use only it's not a problem. My old one I blew out the transformer when I plugged it into 220 volts while in a foreign country, so I used the battery thereafter and it lasts for quite some time. The doctors office use these and they work great. You don't have to mess with any settings, the normal default is fine, just adjust the intensity of how much juice you want and feel the relief. BETTER THAN MEDICINE, and natural too. No Regrets!

Seiko Men's SKX173 Stainless Steel and Black Polyurethane Automatic Dive Watch
Seiko Men's SKX173 Stainless Steel and Black Polyurethane Automatic Dive Watch
Price: $196.53
23 used & new from $176.88

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Watch, and I own a LOT of watches!, March 11, 2007
Nice watch, waterproof, never need to mess with a battery like some of my others ie. 2 Tag Heuer's that currently have dead batteries and sitting in my safe. Then after you change the battery for $50+ a year later it's dead again. No more batteries for me! I got a couple Rolex's but they're not appropriate to wear in some of the circles I travel in, unless I want to ask for trouble. Plus, I bought the wife a Rolex she hardly wore because she was afraid of messing it up ($4k), then it broke and cost $580 to fix! I got a Suunto that's not bad, plus solar powered Citizen that's good, and some others. I've taken this watch on some abusive situations like land clearing, chain-sawing wood, lighting 2 acres on fire (controlled burn), construction, and playing lots of piano, stride piano too, so lots of movement, AND not a single SCRATCH, zero. It will run a couple minutes fast after a while but no big deal. Lights up great after being exposed to sun, way better that a Rolex or Tag, the only watch to light up better one handed is one I own with Tritium, the radioactive stuff on the dial & hands, but then again the battery is dead, and after changing it a couple time, it's no longer water-proof, it leaked water while diving and now is junk? Waste of $200. This Seiko is still on my wrist and haven't had the urge to buy anymore watches, which is a good thing! No regrets! It's a keeper!

MIDLAND WR300 Weather Radio
MIDLAND WR300 Weather Radio
Price: $39.60
269 used & new from $19.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Works Great, forget the others!, March 11, 2007
Checked out all the reviews, and originally was going to buy the Oregon Scientific model. However after experiencing a problem with one of their atomic projection clocks and terrible customer service I figured what was the point if the product is not dependable. This model Midland works great and is easy to use. I don't even need the instructions, just go through all the settings and it's basically like anything else, self explanitory and easy to figure out. The 1st morning it woke me up for a freeze alert, because I didn't program it. It's obnoxious enough to wake you up if something serious is going on, everything else you'll see it light up only. All the other weather alert radios out there are a nightmare in comparison to operate and not dependable. This is the only one to get, and since I now live in Florida, what would be the point of having something that wasn't dependable. Out of all the other models out there on the market, this is the one to get. Don't waste your time with the others! No regrets!

Microsoft Wired Keyboard 500
Microsoft Wired Keyboard 500
4 used & new from $14.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic!!!, February 3, 2007
This is by far the cheapest (price) keyboard I've ever owned, and by far the best. All the buttons work too with my Windows XP Pro, ALL OF THEM!!!!! I replaced a much more expensive keyboard with this one and I'm happy I did. It's smaller, doesn't take up a lot of room, NO software to download like the others, and everything works out of the box. I'd spend twice as much in the store for an inferior model. Plus, if you spill something on it, it's not history like my old one.

Kingston 2 GB Mini Secure Digital Memory Card
Kingston 2 GB Mini Secure Digital Memory Card

5.0 out of 5 stars Works Perfectly!, February 3, 2007
I would of spent at least $100 + more for this if I bought at Best Buy, Circuit City, etc. And, it's a brand I heard of before.

Johhny Gamboa I Remember Joe
Johhny Gamboa I Remember Joe
Price: $15.99
4 used & new from $0.82

5.0 out of 5 stars FANTASTIC!!! A Must Buy!, February 10, 2004
I would usually be a little hesitant about dropping twenty bucks for 1 cd, but I tell you this one is worth every penny. A little place everybody hangs out down here in Key West is constantly playing Johnny Gamboa music and this one is probably one of his best yet. I just had to have it! Unless your a big rap/hip-hop freak, you won't be disapointed. All songs are timeless and a class above the noise all over the radio these days. Well constructed songs with tastful melodies that you just can't get tired of and he's got a great voice too. Definately Grammy material and will surely become a classic. We all can't wait to see him in concert.