Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Recess Monkey Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors
Profile for Ndntyger > Reviews

Browse

Ndntyger's Profile

Customer Reviews: 9

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Ndntyger RSS Feed (Mesa, AZ United States)

Reebok Men's Zigtech Squared 2.0 Running Shoe, Semi Solar Yellow/Solar Green/Deep Teal/Neon Cherry, 9 M US

3.0 out of 5 stars Runners opinion, January 30, 2016
Ran a Half Marathon in these shoes. IMHO it needs a little more midfoot cushion and a little less cushioning in the heel for running (drop is a bit much for my liking). My feet were more sore than usual after longer runs. I would recommend it for shorter runs like a 5K/10K or short training runs, but not longer distances. Other than that it's also a great comfortable walking shoe.

A Different Kind of Truth
A Different Kind of Truth
Offered by megahitrecords
Price: $26.99
89 used & new from $2.60

4.0 out of 5 stars Van Halen Mach IV, February 22, 2012
I believe that all of us VH fans have a romanticized vision of what VH was and of what we selfishly want them to be. I for one loved the original line-up with DLR and was very disappointed when he left. However, over time Sammy grew on me and I didn't really mind the Hagar era.
ADKOT returns to the party vibe where the music sounds, for lack of a better description..."happy". It took me back to the time when VH didn't take themselves too seriously and it was all about having a good time. Back in those days we didn't over analyze every nuance like production, mix, overall cheesiness or if it had more hooks than a tackle box. We also didn't spend a lot of time in front of a computer getting fat and full of ourselves. If it sounded good and passed the rigorous "Road Test" or the "Party Test" it was a winner!
Let's face it; it's been 28 years since the last album with DLR and plenty of time has since passed for the Classic VH LP's to be engrained in our psyche and lives. ADKOT is not great (by VH standards) but it is good...defiantly better than Diver Down and maybe even 1984 with their POP vibes (those albums were hammered when they were first released). I liked 10 out of 13 tracks which is 77%. Personal standouts for me were; She's the Woman, You and Your Blues, Blood and Fire, Outta Space, Big River & Stay Frosty. As for raiding their vault, a lot of bands have outtakes from their careers that have been reworked, improved and freshly released. I remember when John Fogerty was sued for sounding like himself *L*.
If these guys have lost a step or two, they are in their late 50's (with the exception of Wolfie). And yes, I do miss Mikey...but 'nuff said on that. With VH it always seems to be "damned if they do and damned if they don't"; either they experimented too much or they still sound the same...well you can't please everyone. However I'll bet dollars to donuts that if ADKOT was released as the successor to 1984 back in the day, it would have been very well received and considered a classic today.
Overall, I like the album and find myself bobbing my head, tapping my toes...and smiling.

The Final Frontier
The Final Frontier
Offered by JAMMIN - Recordings
Price: $11.95
17 used & new from $9.94

4.0 out of 5 stars Different but still Iron Maiden, January 11, 2012
This review is from: The Final Frontier (Audio CD)
Iron Maiden has met The Phantom, The Killers, The Beast, The Trooper, The Ancient Mariner, The Stranger in a Strange Land, The Clairvoyant, The Tail-gunner, The Man on the Edge, The Clansman, The Wicker Man, The Rainmaker, Benjamin Breeg...and have now arrived at The Final Frontier!!
If you're expecting a plethora of galloping rhythms, piercing solos and banshee like wails then you had better stay with the early to mid 80's IM. Some of the material reminded me of Rush's early epic era ('75-'78), Queensryche ('94-'03) and Nine Inch Nails. Most everyone grows up sooner or later and it is expressed in our demeanor, dress, lifestyle and our art (if we are fortunate enough to be talented).
I happen to like this album as it explores the themes of odysseys, myth, self reflection, closure, faith and hope. We didn't think of these things in our early 20's like one would in their 50's and why would we? I look at the songs as vignettes of adventure and while the compositions are longer they certainly aren't weak. The melodies/solos/vocals fit the songs and create their ambiance. If I were to pick a track that I didn't like it would be The Alchemist because I'm not into Merlin, D 'n D or Harry Potter shyte. Yes, this album is different...but Iron Maiden is Iron Maiden regardless of which era you favor.

Piece Of Mind [Enhanced]
Piece Of Mind [Enhanced]
Price: $10.99
67 used & new from $5.30

5.0 out of 5 stars My Revelation, January 9, 2012
I have to admit that the IM & Killers albums with Paul Di'Anno was my Iron Maiden and I didn't take to Number Of The Beast with then new upstart Bruce Dickinson. However after hearing NOTB, Hallowed Be Thy Name, Run To the Hills and 22 Acacia Avenue from friends (or fiends) I decided to take a chance on POM. This was the album that put me over into accepting Bruce Dickinson and attending the World Piece Tour solidified my allegiance!
Understand that in the context of the time Metal-heads were very ardent and you had to earn their loyalty. Where Eagles Dare, Revelations, The Trooper, Flight of Icarus & Die With Your Boots On were immediate standouts for me. Overall the entire album is excellent! And of course Bruce went on to become the face of and record many great albums with IM.
This was one of the definitive albums of my misspent youth and The New Wave of British Heavy Metal. Yes, The Number of the Beast went on to be one of their classics, but for me Piece of Mind was the ticket!

From Fear to Eternity: The Best of 1990 - 2010
From Fear to Eternity: The Best of 1990 - 2010
Price: $11.99
61 used & new from $5.59

4.0 out of 5 stars A good set and not a bad price for 2 CD's!, January 9, 2012
My wife got this for me as a gift as she knows I'm an IM fan (she's more of a casual fan). Since I don't own NPFTD, FOTD, RIR or AMOLAD, it was good to hear the highlights from those albums. Not too surprising were the BD live vocals on the Blaze era songs which actually are strong compositions. As long as we're including Blaze songs, why not include Lord of the Flies or Futureal?
Generally I prefer the individual albums as opposed to compilations, but this is a good set and not a bad price for 2 CD's (2hrs 34 min of music)! So if you're a casual fan of latter day IM or on a tight budget, this is a good deal. Thank you, wifey!

Somewhere Back In Time: The Best Of 1980-1989
Somewhere Back In Time: The Best Of 1980-1989

4.0 out of 5 stars Create your own playlist and quit whining!, January 9, 2012
In the age of MP3's and iPods you can create your own playlist and quit whining! This is a good start for Newbies and casual fans as IM diehards will have most or all of their albums! Di'Anno fans can get IM & Killers (hey I Like Di'Anno too)! I have different playlists for different tours that I have seen or like* (1983, 1992, 2000, 2008 & 2010*) and rotate these playlists to get some variety. Another idea would be to do playlists in decades (Di'Anno, 80's, 90's, Blayze & 00's). Or Heaven forbid, you can play your favorite IM album in its entirety (duh). You can even do, dare I say? ...an IM marathon!
Get creative and UP THE IRONS!

Western Digital WD Scorpio Black 500 GB SATA 3 GB/s 7200 RPM 16 MB Cache Internal Bulk/OEM 2.5-Inch Mobile Hard Drive
Offered by my Goods
Price: $93.63
14 used & new from $39.49

4.0 out of 5 stars Good HDD, January 15, 2011
Upgraded from 250 GB 5400 rpm hard drive with no "serious" issues (Dell Inspiron 1440), HDD works very well and speed has picked up. My only gripes would be increased vibration and increased heat(both enough to be noticeable), but not enough to be irritating (for me, this may be an issue for some users). If HDD space isn't an immediate concern but speed is, I would suggest increasing your RAM first if that option is available. Heat dissipation may be better with a 15-17 inch laptop. FYI: Cloned HDD with Acronis Migrate Easy trial version.

Update: after about 10 months of heavy use the unit is still performing very well. After the initial "break-in period", the vibration and heat have significantly decreased. Overall, I am very satisfied with this purchase.

Death Magnetic
Death Magnetic
Offered by Supply Chain Direct
Price: $7.91
143 used & new from $0.29

4.0 out of 5 stars From broken, beaten and scarred to redemption, September 15, 2008
This review is from: Death Magnetic (Audio CD)
Much better that St. Anger, Reload, Load, S&M, and BA, even if my personal expectations were higher. Musically stronger, lyrically better, great solos, crunchy rhythms and the best of all....no Bob Rock! My personal favs are tracks 1, 2, 3, 5, 6, 8, &9. It was a pleasant surprise to observe that Kirk Hammett found and dusted off his wah wah pedal. Newcomer Robert Truillo (probably one of the main reasons I gave Metallica another shot) holds down the bottom like the Bass should [no lead Bass here]; if you doubt his skills, review his work with Suicidal Tendencies and Infectious Grooves. Rob is also a big "homeboy" and I doubt that Lars and James will mess with this "vato" like they did with Jason Newstead. All in all a step into the right direction.
As far as some negative comments on songwriting I quote a line from the movie Wayne's World, "Led Zeppelin didn't write songs that everybody liked, they left that to the Bee Gees". Whatever genre of music you listen to, it's meant to be enjoyed and that's the bottom line. So to all you anal retentives who analyze every micro nuance of sound....get a life.
And for those who want something heavier, try "Motorizer" by Motorhead and "The Formation of Damnation" by Testament.

Blood Sugar Sex Magik
Blood Sugar Sex Magik
Price: $5.99
347 used & new from $0.15

5.0 out of 5 stars Please Remaster this Masterpeice!, September 5, 2006
This review is from: Blood Sugar Sex Magik (Audio CD)
Other than the obvious hits; highlights include Power of Equality, If You Have to Ask, I could Have Lied, Righteous and the Wicked, Naked in the Rain and Sir Psycho Sexy. Frusciante begins to evolve and the band begins to break new ground (as they have continued to do over the years [it makes you wonder what if Hillel Slovak hadn't died]). Cool party vibe throughout the disc, not at all dark and melancholy like some of the the later albums. BSSM is an all around great album even 15 years later; other RHCP albums have been remastered, so why not this one?

We miss you "Huckleberry", thank God for John :)
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 21, 2007 7:36 PM PDT