Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors
Profile for Scott A. Miller > Reviews

Browse

Scott A. Miller's Profile

Customer Reviews: 20

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Scott A. Miller RSS Feed (Geneseo, NY)

Page: 1 | 2
Somewhere Different: A family adventure through the Balkans, Egypt and Sri Lanka
Price: $6.79

5.0 out of 5 stars A riveting, funny, heartwarming read, January 14, 2016
Written by my wife who read the book:
This book was so much more than I expected. When you hear that someone has taken the road less traveled, even when you are one of those people too, you never know what to expect from them. Being a member of a full time traveling family myself, there was so much I personally related to in the experiences of the Ridgley family. If you're not a traveler, even better, because Ridgley paints a humorous and realistic picture of what it's like to travel the world with kids. The first part of this book had me roaring with laughter and nodding my head in agreement at the adventures and discoveries of the Ridgleys as they traveled through Europe. The second part of the book had me gasping in fear and on the edge of my seat as they battled for survival. I read this book cover to cover in a day. I couldn't put it down and I anxiously await the sequel. Buy this book and be swept away with the adventures of an ordinary family living a life that's anything but.

Lisa Frank Headphones Stereo Overhead Headphones
Lisa Frank Headphones Stereo Overhead Headphones
Offered by Bevi Deals
Price: $19.78
9 used & new from $14.70

3.0 out of 5 stars Cute, but not worth the money for something so flimsy, October 19, 2015
These are cute headphones, and my daughters loved them while they lasted, but they are not at all durable. We had 2 pairs of these, and they are both broken. One of them, the jack ripped completely out, and the other, the jack must have become internally disconnected because they no longer work. These are obviously marketed to children, and as such, should be more durable.

The Friendly Swede New 2015 Version Running Belt (2 Pack), Blue, Black
The Friendly Swede New 2015 Version Running Belt (2 Pack), Blue, Black
Offered by The Friendly Swede
Price: $12.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Comfortable, stretchy, and holds an iPhone 6, February 26, 2015
We tried these belts with a size medium woman, a size 2X woman and a size 3X male, and found that they fit everyone comfortably. They easily accommodated an iPhone 6, with enough room to spare that I'm sure a 6 plus will fit too, as advertised. Even with the phone in the large pocket, the belt did not feel awkward, and stayed flush against the body with no awkward tipping or shifting. The belt is comfortable both over and under a shirt and the backing material is soft and not at all scratchy. The belt is very stretchy, and my wife was able to pull it down low on her hips to wear it under her tshirt but over her pants. And that's another thing, it's very low profile under even a thin tshirt, so it's both comfortable and discreet to wear it this way. We purchased these to use for a Florida theme park trip, but they are so much more comfortable than a traditional money belt, that we are also planning to use them money belt - style in Europe.

Creative Galaxy
Creative Galaxy
DVD
Price: $24.99

5.0 out of 5 stars A truly great and unique children's show, October 4, 2014
This review is from: Creative Galaxy (Amazon Video)
This is a great show. Our daughters, ages 3 and 6 LOVE it, and were so excited to discover new episodes last night. They are always talking about "Arty" and telling us about the things that they want to make, just like the kids on the show. One day I came out to discover our 3 year old covered in paint splatters, and discovered a beautiful painting on the easel, which she called her "action painting masterpiece". This is truly a great show, and I love that it's different, and specifically inspires children to be creative, while teaching them about great artists, techniques, and different kinds of art. I can't recommend this show highly enough, and we really hope that Amazon keeps more episodes coming.

Tri-Blade Vegetable Spiral Slicer, Strongest-Heaviest, Best Veggie Pasta Spaghetti Maker for Low Carb/Paleo/Gluten-Free Meals
Offered by Bitoni USA
Price: $49.99
3 used & new from $27.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Gadget Ever, May 14, 2014
I love this thing so much, that I convinced my sister to buy one, and then she convinced her friend to buy one, all in a 3 week period. So much tastier than those yam starch noodles, and healthier too. I would recommend it to anyone. Also, check out inspiralized.com for great recipe ideas.

Twin Playhouse Curtain Color: Pink, Green, & Yellow, Additional Side Panel: No
Twin Playhouse Curtain Color: Pink, Green, & Yellow, Additional Side Panel: No

4.0 out of 5 stars Fun and adorable, but doesn't stick, March 25, 2014
I love the idea of this playhouse bed curtain, and it works with the IKEA Kura loft bed. As stated in other reviews, it does NOT stay stuck to the bed frame with the included self-adhesive velcro. I am planning to use Gorilla Glue to affix it more permanently to the bed, as suggested by other reviewers. Caveats aside, my daughters, ages 5 and 3, LOVE their playhouse, and I would purchase it again, despite the sticking problems.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 6, 2015 10:21 AM PDT

Educational Insights See and Stamp Lowercase Alphabet Transparent Stamps
Educational Insights See and Stamp Lowercase Alphabet Transparent Stamps
Price: $9.74
24 used & new from $9.64

3.0 out of 5 stars Great idea - not at all durable, February 26, 2014
I opened these for the first time and 5 minutes later my almost 3 year old had managed to pull one apart. I realize that she is below the age range, but she's also not very strong, so it seems a but ridiculous that she was able to so easily break the letter off of the handle. I'm hoping that I can super glue it back together so that my 5 year old won't be missing the letter c when she's trying to make words.

Playskool Alphie
Playskool Alphie
Offered by recycled-read
Price: $49.14
39 used & new from $14.53

1.0 out of 5 stars Did not work out of box, December 28, 2012
This review is from: Playskool Alphie (Toy)
Bought this for my niece on Cyber Monday as a Lightning Deal, and was super excited. Opened it Christmas morning and the "Try Me" buttons didn't work, which was strange. Opened up back to put new batteries in, and found it corroded. It was obviously a returned item!! My 20 month old niece was crying to play with it, and there was nothing we could do. It has to go back, and I'm not sure I trust Amazon to send me a working/non-used one this time. Amazon let me down for Christmas.

LeapFrog Touch Magic Discovery Town
LeapFrog Touch Magic Discovery Town
15 used & new from $19.10

5.0 out of 5 stars Great new toy from LeapFrog, December 14, 2012
I bought this for my 18 month old daughter and she loves the interaction and the music. She is a bit young for the games, but I love that this toy is going to grow with her. I didn't really know what type of games to expect, because I bought it before Amazon did their in-depth review, so I was surprised when I was checking it out, touched the bus and was told to find the way for the bus to get to the school. Very cool. My 4 year old daughter likes to play the games on it too, so I'm hoping to get a few years of play from it. My initial reason for getting this toy, is that I thought that this would be great for the babe to play with on car trips, because although she is an expert at finding the games or shows she wants to watch on the iPad, she doesn't understand that some things won't work in the car because there's no internet connection, and when she gets frustrated, she screams and throws things, as most 1.5 year olds do. I feel a lot better about giving her the Discovery Town to play with in the car because it is durable and light-weight, and throwing it to the floor is not going to damage it.

Although as another reviewer said, it is self-contained with only 4 pages, I feel that the variety of games and music make it well worth the price, especially from Amazon. Give this one a try, you won't be disappointed.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Durable , highly visible tags, May 3, 2012
I bought these tags in this lime - green / yellow color about 6 years ago, and I'm still using them. Their best feature is the fact that they are such a bright color that I can spot my black bags on a luggage carousel immediately, and with little doubt that they are mine. They've held up very well over the years, although one of them has a crack in the name window, the name is still legible. My only issue with these is that if you needed to change your address, you really can't. The address card is glued to the tag and the tag would not close if you attempted to glue in another slip of paper with a different address. I bought them at a store for about 3 bucks each.

Page: 1 | 2