Profile for Michelle Hughes > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 128

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Michelle Hughes "Tears of Crimson" RSS Feed (Rockford, AL)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-13
Murder In The First (O'Malley Mysteries Book 1)
Murder In The First (O'Malley Mysteries Book 1)

1.0 out of 5 stars Another plagiarized book!, July 22, 2014
Another victim of Karl Jones as in he plagiarized this book and the second one in Geraldine Evan's Series Raffery and Llewelyn. When will this abuse stop Amazon?

Lessons (In Love, Lust and Life)
Lessons (In Love, Lust and Life)

1.0 out of 5 stars 10 Nights Rip Off!, July 20, 2014
This is the same book that Amazon pulled down at my request for copyright infringement. The only change is the title and characters. 10 Nights.

To Verify: This is the original 10 Nights book check the sample to this one

1 BARELY LIVING

"This should be one of the happiest days of my life," Leah stomped her foot in agitation while mumbling under her breath. Four years of working her ass off to get this degree and she felt just as empty as she had when she stepped foot on the grounds of this institution of hiring learning. Stepping out on the green tonight, she would have a Bachelor's of Science Degree in Business. Not bad for a girl from nowhere Mississippi raised in a trailer park, so why the hell couldn't she be happy? The thought moved through her mind like a wave of depression she just wanted to wash over and get through.
Analyzing the situation, which was something she did on a regular basis, nothing made sense. If she was being honest with herself all she had focused on these last four years was the degree. Relationships were stupid traps for women that made them do dim-witted things, so she doubted that was the issue here. She'd decided after one horrible relationship in high school, and watching her parents turn into raving lunatics when their marriage started to deteriorate, that having a partner wasn't worthy of her time. Plus who the hell wanted to live out some existence where you're only desire was to make some man happy while he drained your body and emotions dry then walked out on you when you weren't young and sexy anymore?
Maybe it was the future, putting on a bare minimum of makeup she continued to dwell on her discontent, now that she finally had the degree life was uncertain. Jobs were really hard to come by these days, even with a college education. Over the next few months she would be lining up interviews, she hoped, but there was no guarantee she'd find her dream job. What really was her dream job? All she knew is that living in poverty was not her idea of an ideal life. She left Mississippi and moved out to Chicago for just that reason.
Thinking about the move here brought her mother's situation back to the front of her thoughts again. She could have done anything with her life, one night she'd found her mother's scrap book and there were pictures of her singing on a large stage in Nashville. She was so beautiful and full of life in those pictures, not like the worn out woman she left crying as she pulled her old pickup truck, the one thing her dad had gifted to her that she still owned, all those years ago on her way to college.

Slade (Walk Of Shame #1)
Slade (Walk Of Shame #1)
Price: $0.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Slade was a HOT summer read!, June 7, 2014
What can I say? I'm a sucker for a hot sexy alpha male and Slade was delicious. You want to hate him, know that you should, but no matter what you Should do, you'll fall for him. He's cocky, knows how beautiful he is, and it has the women falling at his feet. This story flows like fine wine, and in the end it all makes sense. My only regret is that it didn't keep going, because I wasn't ready for it to end. Let me say though, that it ended just the right way. Thanks for a great summer read!

What to Read After FSOG: The Gemstone Collection (WTRAFSOG Book 1)
What to Read After FSOG: The Gemstone Collection (WTRAFSOG Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars Seven Great Books for 99˘! What's not to love?, May 29, 2014
Steamy, romantic, suspense, alpha males, the entire book has so many different takes on Romance that there's something in this bundle for every reader. Was introduced to some new authors that I will definitely be reading more from, and the storylines were incredible. Everything about this book bundle is a win, in my opinion.

Supernatural: The Complete Ninth Season
Supernatural: The Complete Ninth Season
DVD
Price: $39.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Sam and Dean!, May 2, 2014
Season Nine rocked! My two favorite hunters live up to their reputation. I mean come on it's Sam and Dean! Do I really need to say more? The President of Hell, Crowley added into the mix and it's just non-stop entertainment.

Holding Out (Hawks Motorcycle Club Series Book 1)
Holding Out (Hawks Motorcycle Club Series Book 1)
Price: $1.99

5.0 out of 5 stars No Holding Out with Lila Rose!, May 2, 2014
Lila Rose delivers characters in Holding Out that you won't soon forget! Her style is original and I personally loved reading this book. From start to finish you're pulled in the world of Zara and Talon, and the supporting roles are just as unforgettable. At times I found myself laughing at her wit and then falling back into the seriousness of what was happening, it truly was a refreshing read that kept me on my toes until the very end.

There's no lag time here, from start to finish truly an exciting read. Hawks MC? Let me just say if I ever met a real club of Biker's this is what I'd love them to be like. I'm not big on books that involve the family perspective with romance, but the way Rose blend this in, I was enchanted. Definitely a story I won't soon forget and in a myriad of copycat romances that seem to be cookie cutter molds, this was a book that stood out as original and entertertaining. Like I said, refreshing!

I have a new author to add to my favorites, and it's Lila Rose!

Firsts
Firsts
Price: $0.99

5.0 out of 5 stars My Kind of Read!, March 27, 2014
This review is from: Firsts (Kindle Edition)
I fell in love with Firsts! It's the story of falling in love, and first experiences, and a truly beautiful story. A Coming of Age book that will make you smile at the end. Definitely read this one!

Number Thirteen
Number Thirteen
Price: $3.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Number Thirteen Was a Wild Ride!, March 27, 2014
This review is from: Number Thirteen (Kindle Edition)
Let me start off by saying I read two pages of this book and put it down. I wasn't going to read another page because it began with a subject that really disturbs me. Having said that, a friend encouraged me to continue reading past that part and I took her advice. Holy blooming cow! Talk about throwing away all cookie cutter notions behind books, Number Thirteen needs to have its very own category. What you think you're going to be reading is some abusive jerk who gets his kicks from hurting women, that's not what you get.

Without giving spoilers, I can only say that this book reached into my heart and tugged at every emotion I could have and had me ready to scream at times. I cringed, I cried, I almost threw my kindle across the room, but in the end? I got it. And when I got it, let's just say that I fell in love with William. This book is a very emotional read, especially for anyone who's suffered abuse at another persons hands. It's going to hit some spots, so just get ready for that.

When a book can make me run the gamut of emotions and make me angry enough to bring out my protective instincts for the characters, that's a book I will never forget. This is one of those books. It's not a love story but it is. I really can't begin to explain to you how this book should be labeled, and believe me that's a first. I just know it's a book that should be read.

Always
Always
Price: $3.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Always - A book I'll never forget!, March 10, 2014
This review is from: Always (Kindle Edition)
This book will remain in my heart ALWAYS! Kindle Alexander made my heart ache with this beautiful story of love and overcoming the stereotypes still on many homosexual couples today. You're going to need tissues, trust me! Always is more of an experience than a book because the characters will make you feel like you're a part of their lives and each emotion they feel. I can honestly say I haven't been this emotional reading a story in a long time.

Avery & Kane just consumed me from the beginning and I wanted to hug them both and fight along side them for their right to love. These two beautiful men have such an incredible connection! It's the type of love that people can only dream of having. Writing this review makes me teary-eyed it's just that powerful! If I had to suggest a book for others that didn't understand how two men could have a wonderful relationship, it would be Always. I think it should be on a gift list for those that want to say gay love is wrong because I know they'd change their minds after reading it.

I was hooked from the first page and still enthralled at the end. Yes this is a sexy book, but the emotions are so incredible that I believe they take over! Always, that's how long I'll remember the experience, and thank you Kindle Alexander for a beautiful memory!

While Passion Sleeps
While Passion Sleeps
by Shirlee Busbee
116 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars OMG I Can't Believe I Found This Again!, March 10, 2014
This review is from: While Passion Sleeps (Paperback)
This was the book that made me fall in love with romance! I've been looking for it forever but couldn't recall the title! This Book blew me away as a younger woman and I'm so excited to be reading it again! A classic bodice ripper, a delightful romp with an alpha male and sweet virgin just like I remembered! Thank you Amazon! I love you and that is all!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-13