Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Brett Dennen Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Get Ready for Summer and Save 15% Father's Day Gifts Amazon Cash Back Offer bighero bighero bighero  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Outdoor Recreation Learn more
Profile for Howard W. Hay > Reviews

Browse

Howard W. Hay's Profile

Customer Reviews: 37

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Howard W. Hay "Singer Man" RSS Feed (Bham, AL)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
The Light Between Oceans: A Novel
The Light Between Oceans: A Novel
Offered by Simon and Schuster Digital Sales Inc
Price: $12.99

4.0 out of 5 stars A tragic and depressing story, April 28, 2016
This is probably the saddest book I have ever read. If you are looking for some humor or happiness, go elsewhere. A war hero with a mysterious and somewhat tragic past marries a young girl, and you think that maybe they will have a happy future together, no such luck. After a few years fraught with tragedies, they stumble upon a baby washed up on shore and make a terrible decision, one they will largely regret the rest of their lives. Although the book is well written, some of the plot twists seemed a little too contrived. If you are in the market for depressing novel, this is the one for you.

Original Album Classics
Original Album Classics
Offered by skyvo-direct-usa
Price: $19.93
92 used & new from $12.91

4.0 out of 5 stars We loved his greatest hits such as "Everybody's Talking" as well ..., April 21, 2016
This review is from: Original Album Classics (Audio CD)
If you want a definitive collection of Nilsson, this is the one for you. The multiple CD collection contains all the songs that I am aware that he recorded. We loved his greatest hits such as "Everybody's Talking" as well as his recording of the American standards as well as some good songs which are not quite as popular. It is so sad that he left us so early.

NYPD Red
NYPD Red
Offered by Hachette Book Group
Price: $9.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Good book, good series, April 9, 2016
This review is from: NYPD Red (Kindle Edition)
As always the James Patterson writing is crisp, exciting and suspenseful. I really enjoyed this new series which is set in New York and the new principal characters.

Rogue Lawyer
Rogue Lawyer
Offered by Random House LLC
Price: $12.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Very enjoyable, April 5, 2016
This review is from: Rogue Lawyer (Kindle Edition)
The construction in this novel was different than those in the previous Grisham novels that I have read. There are several sub plots some of which end quite early. I am not sure I admire Sebastian Rudd, but if I were in trouble I would certainly want him on my side. The various plots and characters hold your interest and the novel moves along at a rapid pace.

iPad mini 4 Case, ESR 360 Degree Rotating Folio Stand Case with Auto Wake/Sleep Function [Buckle for Secure Closure][Business Style Case] for Apple iPad mini 4 2015_Fuchsia
Offered by ESR Case
Price: $17.99
5 used & new from $11.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little case, February 2, 2016
This is a very pretty, durable and functional case. Much better value than anything Apple offers.

Mozart in the Jungle Season 2
Mozart in the Jungle Season 2
DVD

4.0 out of 5 stars Great music in a delightful comedy, February 2, 2016
This season is good, but not as good as the first year was. I am only half way through the second season, so maybe things will pick-up as the season moves along. The story line seems to jump around more in this season than it did in the first. I also thought the episode in Mexico where the concert master steals his on violin and the Maestro is berated by his mentor was a bit preposterous, but then again the whole story is far fetched so maybe I should not be surprised. I'll keep watching and maybe I'll change my mind later.

All the Light We Cannot See: A Novel
All the Light We Cannot See: A Novel
Offered by Simon and Schuster Digital Sales Inc
Price: $13.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Good book, holds your interest, November 26, 2015
I enjoyed most of this book, and it held my interest throughout. I was looking forward to what would happen to the two main characters and whether and how their lives would come together. The book uses flashbacks skillfully to portray the lives of the characters, and you feel sympathy for many of them. The only disappointment for me was the ending. I may have been expecting too much.

Deliverance (1972)
Deliverance (1972)
DVD
Price: $2.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as I had remembered, September 1, 2015
This review is from: Deliverance (1972) (Amazon Video)
As with so many other things from long ago, this movie wasn't as good as I had remembered it. Part of it was that I knew how some things would turn out so it wasn't the surprise it was the first time I saw it. The color was good and the river scenery was beautiful. The rapid scenes were exciting, but some of the dialog was fairly boring. Burt Reynolds may have had his big break through in this movie, but he was fairly obnoxious at times. Maybe that was as it was intended. I also didn't appreciated how the people who were native to the region along the river were characterized.

I am also puzzled as to how Amazon Prime membership works on movies. Here was an old, old movie which I thought might be free on Amazon Prime, but I had to pay $2.99 for it. I have yet to rent a movie with my Prime membership that I did not have to pay for. If Amazon expects to challenge Netflix or Hulu. They are going to have to offer better benefits for the Prime members. In addition, it is always tough to navigate in Amazons catalog to see what might be available for free.

The Litigators
The Litigators
Offered by Random House LLC
Price: $9.99

5.0 out of 5 stars A very enjoyable read, August 2, 2015
This review is from: The Litigators (Kindle Edition)
I throughly enjoyed this John Grisham novel. It was very humorous and at the same time enlightening about the world of product liability and mass tort cases.

Timberland Men's Altamont Fisherman Sandal,Black,11 M
Timberland Men's Altamont Fisherman Sandal,Black,11 M
Price: $74.97
15 used & new from $64.95

4.0 out of 5 stars Comfortable, well made sandals, July 27, 2015
I have just started wearing these sandals, but they seem to be a good buy. They are comfortable and appear to be well made. They replace a pair of Rockports that I wore for two or three years. These are somewhat dressier, but they are not as open as the Rockports. I would have preferred a dark inside instead of the off white color. I think that color will get discolored quicker. I really like the sole construction. It looks like it should last a fairly long time, longer than the sole in the Rockport has lasted. I don't understand why more black sandals are not made. You can find all kinds of brown sandals, but your choices are very limited in the black.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4