Profile for kestrel22 > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 356

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

kestrel22 "turmfalke22" RSS Feed (Massachusetts, USA)
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
TuneIn Radio
TuneIn Radio

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun app!, October 1, 2014
This review is from: TuneIn Radio (App)
This is a fun app, Lots of stations, lots of content. Wish rhe podcasts were longer, but that is my only gripe.

German TV Channels
German TV Channels

1.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't work, October 1, 2014
This review is from: German TV Channels (App)
None of the channels evee loaded. Very disappointing.

Basket Making
Basket Making

2.0 out of 5 stars Meager, October 1, 2014
This review is from: Basket Making (App)
Not much content there, searching on YouTube yourself might bring better results. I deleted the app.

PetSafe Train N Praise Potty Training Dog System
PetSafe Train N Praise Potty Training Dog System
Price: $99.95
6 used & new from $99.75

4.0 out of 5 stars Maybe it's just MY dog..., September 27, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
We adopted this white Lhasa Apso-English Bulldog mix from the shelter when she was 1 1/2 years old. Her owner had died, that was the only info available. Something between us clicked the instant we looked each other in the eyes and I knew that shew ould be a perfect companion to our 3 year old lab mix who was grieving the loss of our cat who had never liked her.
Well, we bought home a little white dog who had never been potty trained...
Training has had mixed success with her still not annoincing when she has to go. And when i am bogged down with a boat load of wildlife to care for she sometimes voices her upset by peeing on the rug instead the wee wee pad out in the kitchen.
Enter this training system.
Needless to say, rewards work. And the idea of an instant reward made this system very tempting.
The results have been an improvement over past "performance ", no question about it. Maybe it would be even better if I had more time to closely monitor this stubborn little dog because I really think some of her mishaps have to do with feeling ignored. Hopefully my work load lessens soon and I will have more time to devote to her again.
This is an expensive system, yes, and you need to be able to stay on the ball to optimize results. It does work, however, even with less than 100% attention given and even with a stubborn little dog like ours!

OTC 4472 Cordless Solder Tool Kit
OTC 4472 Cordless Solder Tool Kit
Offered by JB Tool Sales
Price: $74.14
10 used & new from $68.33

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for cage wires, September 19, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Since I don't smoke nor had a need for butane before, finding the stuff required online searching and a trip to Home Depot.

For me, fixing broken cage wires was the primary reason I wanted to try out this tool. My father was a master welder and as a child I spent a lot of time around his small factory, so I remembered some of the basics.

If the wire has paint on it it will of course melt that, but I am not trying to restore a used cage to new, rather, make it safe to use again. And cordless is a great solution since outlets are never close by.

For my purposes, this tool kit is perfect.

OXO Good Grips Slide and Lock Standing Caddy
OXO Good Grips Slide and Lock Standing Caddy
Price: $89.99
3 used & new from $89.99

5.0 out of 5 stars B 8eauty meets function, September 19, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
It doesn't get any easier to set up and adjust the shelves on this sturdy caddy. Aesthetically very pleasing, as long as you can accommodate its footprint you will love this product.

InStyler Ionic Styler Pro Ceramic Ionic Hot Brush and Flat Iron, Purple
InStyler Ionic Styler Pro Ceramic Ionic Hot Brush and Flat Iron, Purple
Price: $79.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Works, but..., September 4, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is not a new concept in hair styling, so I have to be a bit harsher with criticism.

It does work, don't get me wrong. I like the brush idea, it makes it easier to add lift to shorter hair but does little to bangs and such because the brush is fairly big in diameter.

Here are my gripes and the reason for only three stars:
The locking mechanism that holds the plates shut and forms a brush keeps opening up. It is placed in the handle right where I hold the tool when I want to use it, and the turning of the handle as I roll the brush opens up that skimpy lock switch.

Same with the on/off switch. Three times now I accidentally shut the iron off during use because this switch is also placed in the handle but in such a way that it is almost impossible to not touch it when using the styler.

Aside from those issues, the styler works as advertised. I just wish I could figure out how to hold the tool and not hit those annoying buttons!

Eat Pretty: Nutrition for Beauty, Inside and Out
Eat Pretty: Nutrition for Beauty, Inside and Out
by Jolene Hart
Price: $10.72
76 used & new from $6.72

5.0 out of 5 stars Mr. former President, I LIKE broccoli!, August 24, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I'll says this up front: if you are one of those "I don't like broccoli" people and unwilling to change your mind, then this book is NOT for you. End of review for you.

But if you keep an open mind and are willing to try out new things, then read on.

As a child and into young adulthood I hated spinach. Couldn't eat that stuff without gagging. My mother prepared it only one way, creamed, with glassy slippery onion bits swimming on top. Behind her back I called it cow diarrhea. It tasted just as awful as it looked, but she made me sit in front of that plate of green goop every single Friday until evening and then sent me to bed hungry. Had I tried to eat it I would have puked all over the table and that would have made matters worse.

So no, I never touched spinach.

Until I ate my first spinach dip. Yumm, what is that? I nearly keeled over when I learned what it was. But then I investigated and learned that there are countless ways of preparing spinach, and I have loved it ever since.

This book is fun. It speaks to you from a different level, addresses what makes your skin glow, your hair thicker, your nails harder, your eyes brighter. You will WANT to eat all that good stuff just to see all that happening to your own body.

I LIKE broccoli, and I love kale. But I don't like kale chips, tried them, meeeeh... So do something else with it!

Just get this book and start feeling better about yourself.

DII 100-Percent Cotton, Machine Washable Real Tree Flounce Ruffle Apron, Pink
DII 100-Percent Cotton, Machine Washable Real Tree Flounce Ruffle Apron, Pink
Price: $28.00

5.0 out of 5 stars So very pretty!, August 24, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Want to feel like a doll in the kitchen? Then get this apron. How cute is that?!

The top goes really up high and protects garments from spaltters, but to be honest, this apron is almost too cute to be worn as is intented.

Love it!

DII 100% Cotton Rag Rug for Entry Way, Kitchen Bathroom 20" x 31.5" Nautical Blue
Price: $10.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Vibrant color, August 24, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
The colors on this throw rug are vibrant. The washing instructions say machine wash, lay flat to dry. That is a bit of a drawback for me because there is no room to lay anything flat and wait days for it to dry. Draping it over several clothes lines will have to suffice.

There is no slip proof covering on the back of this rug, which is a plus and a minus: minus in that it does slide araound a bit, plus in that the stuff won't come off in the washer over time.

Your cat might want to use this as a scratching pad, so be careful.

The quality looks nice, the rug has a "well made" feel about it. I hope the color holds up over time.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20