Profile for kestrel22 > Reviews

Helpful Votes: 2092

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

kestrel22 "turmfalke22" RSS Feed (Massachusetts, USA)
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Barilla Pronto Pasta, Rotini, 12 Ounce (Pack of 8)
Barilla Pronto Pasta, Rotini, 12 Ounce (Pack of 8)
Price: $16.63

4.0 out of 5 stars Is it a time saver?, August 1, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Barilla makes great tasting pasta, and this product is no exception.

BUT it still needs cooking for 10 minutes under constant stirring, according to the package instructions. With the regular pasta you just stir occasionally and can be doing other food prep, so I do not think this is a time saver. The Pronto Pasta saves a pot and strainer in that it absorbs all liquid and you just have to dump your sauce over the cooked pasta.

Hmm. I brought the water to a boil and then just let it steep with closed lid off heat for 10 minutes. The pasta was al dente, almost perfect.

While this is a good tasting pasta, given the higher price tag, I don't think that I am willing to spend the extra money just to save washing a pot.

Bissell 1544A PowerFresh Lift-Off Pet Steam Mop
Bissell 1544A PowerFresh Lift-Off Pet Steam Mop
Price: $149.99

5.0 out of 5 stars I love the Bissell line in general for their quality, August 1, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I had bought its predecessor a while back when my Eureka didn't quite bite the dust but broke off an essential clip so now the pads can't be attached anymore. I love the Bissell line in general for their quality, performance, and ease of use. Their carpet steamer for pets is exceptional.

This newest machine is no exception. What I love about it is that the tank part is detachable and the unit come with a long steam hose and plenty of attachments to do above-floor cleaning. Great to get the scum off and behind faucets where it is hard to reach with sponges. The machine also heats up fast and leaves the floors merely damp. They dry within minutes due to the residual heat.

Best of all, this Bissell uses the same pads as its predecessor, so I didn't have to jump online and buy a bunch of new ones. The pads are high quality and will last. As far as I know. there are no generic pads available. The generic ones listed with the predecessor did not fit.

So now the predecessor is in the wildlife rehab room (a lot quieter than the old Eureka and does a better job), the Eureka went to recycle heaven, and this new baby cleans all my floors and kitchen and bathrooms upstairs. Wonderful!

d.light LED Solar Rechargeable #S2 Task Light
d.light LED Solar Rechargeable #S2 Task Light
Price: $13.14
32 used & new from $11.83

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice little task light, July 25, 2015
This is a little light strictly designed to illumate book pages or a small work area. Its battery does not last past 4 hours, but that is usually enough for most people. It charges fully relatively quickly, which is a plus.

For what it is designed to do, it works very well. But if you need more illumination and longer runtime, look at its big cousin which is an outstanding performer.

Guard Dog Security 6000000-volt Flashlight Stun Gun with 4 Prongs and 2 Sparks, Pink
Price: $15.77
8 used & new from $15.77

4.0 out of 5 stars How do I know...?, July 25, 2015
How does one rate a product one hopes to never have to use? I am not about to shock myself, and I haven't looked for any volunteers either.

This thing is LOUD when switched to Stun, so only a complete moron would continue to come forward... I can only hope that its bite is as powerful as its audio level.

I chose a four star rating because I am not certain as to this device's performance. If I ever have to use it and it works, I will change my rating accordingly.

Nordic Ware 01235 All Season Cookie Impressions
Nordic Ware 01235 All Season Cookie Impressions
Price: $17.00
14 used & new from $17.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful set, July 25, 2015
These stamps make large cookies. There is a bit of a learning curve to get the amount of dough rolled in a ball right, but that is just a matter or practice. Impression is deep and clean. The handle is hardwood The set has an antique feel about it, it is lightweight yet solid. Comes in a box nice enough for gift giving

Maxcraft 60198 3-watt LED Mini Headlamp Multilight with Cree XP-G R4 LED Bulb
Maxcraft 60198 3-watt LED Mini Headlamp Multilight with Cree XP-G R4 LED Bulb
Price: $17.55
4 used & new from $13.52

5.0 out of 5 stars Super light weight, July 25, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
My first impression of this head lamp is "Wow!" I have several by now, for different applications. In the house I love my Petzl Tikka which is perfect for crafting and lightweight enough to not give me a headache. For outside at night I use either my Northbound Train or Energizer when I need a green or red light. The Energizer is the least comfortable because it is front heavy and needs to be strapped tighter = headache.

In fact, weight is a major factor for me, so when I got the chance to review this Maxcraft LED Mini Headlamp I jumped at it.

This is indeed a lightweight. It does feel a bit weird at first because the front part of the little flashlight is a bit heavier and that is noticable when I first put it on. The light has five modes: it starts with the highest beam, then medium, next click fairly low, then fast flash, then SOS. The end cap absorbs light and helps locate the light in the dark, but the light has to be exposed to good light during the day for that to happen. The head band is large enough to accommodate the biggest noggin' and adjusts very easily.

There are no hard plastic parts digging in my forehead, another big plus. The part that holds the flashlight is soft silicone, and that wraps around the back where it touches the forehead. It might feel a bit sweaty in hot weather, but that is a minor concern since it is a narrow strip.

It is too early to comment on longevity, so I will update my review later on if something should malfunction. I hope the light will last a long time.

I think this light will join my list of favorites.

Crystal Pool Rake, HEAVY DUTY / HIGH QUALITY / LIFETIME GUARANTEE, Modern Brushed Aluminium Heat Treated Leaf Scoop - Easy Glide Low Drag Skimmer Scoop - Double Stitched Net Bag, Double Layer Long Life Basket Netting - Fast Scoop - FREE SHIPPING.
Offered by CJ Lifestyle Solutions
Price: $39.00
2 used & new from $39.00

2.0 out of 5 stars You do NOTget the pole!!!, July 20, 2015
The net itself is good quality, but come on, an additional $60 for the pole? That is highway robbery! And the end of the net is made in such a way that you can't fashion another pole and make it work.

Petzl Tikka 2 LED Headlamp, Blue, One Size
Petzl Tikka 2 LED Headlamp, Blue, One Size

5.0 out of 5 stars Ideal for crafting, reading, or knitting., July 20, 2015
This is my second Tikka. The first one started loosening up the center battery which of course killed the light, and there is no contact to bend back into place to fix that. I hope this won't happen with this one. I like these llights because they are not a flame thrower and can be used in the house for reading or crafting without going blind. They are also very comfortable to wear and lightweight enough where I don't have to keep the headband so tight that I get a headache. I own several headlamps, but in the house this is my go-to lamp.

NEEWER® 160 LED CN-160 Dimmable Ultra High Power Panel Digital Camera / Camcorder Video Light, LED Light for Canon, Nikon, Pentax, Panasonic,SONY, Samsung and Olympus Digital SLR Cameras
Price: $30.26
9 used & new from $28.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Serious light at a small price, July 20, 2015
I use it to light up the inside of cages so I don't have to use the flashlight on my cameras. It's perfect for that because it floods the area. Love that I can adjust from low (quite bright) to brilliant. Can't beat the price for what this light does.

GreenWorks 25142 10 Amp Corded 16-Inch Lawn Mower
GreenWorks 25142 10 Amp Corded 16-Inch Lawn Mower
Price: $139.99
16 used & new from $115.49

5.0 out of 5 stars What a great little machine!!!, July 20, 2015
Thank you to all the reviewers who raved about this mower. it is just perfect for our front yard which is small and has a lot of tight spots to navigate. And it chomps down even the highest crab grass and chops thin woody weeds to smitherines. The bag holds a surprisingly large amount.

At last, mowing is almost fun...

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20