Profile for kestrel22 > Reviews

Helpful Votes: 1983

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

kestrel22 "turmfalke22" RSS Feed (Massachusetts, USA)
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
The Amazing Heat Resistant Silicone Kitchen and BBQ Gloves Provide Unsurpassed Quality - Ideal for Inside Oven Cooking or Outside Bbq Grilling. Avoid Dangerous and Painful Burns with These Cooking Gloves. Your Ultimate Protection for High Temperatures and More Efficient Than Potholders. Flexible, Versatile, and Engineered with a Superb Grip. The Amazing Heat Resistant Kitchen and Grill Glove Is Waterproof, Dishwasher Safe, and Outperforms Oven Mitts & Any Other Related Product. 100% MONEY BACK GUARANTEE! (BLUE)
Offered by Birmion
Price: $49.97
2 used & new from $14.98

American Weigh Scales Signature Series  Silver AWS-100-SIL Digital Pocket Scale, 100 by 0.01 G
American Weigh Scales Signature Series Silver AWS-100-SIL Digital Pocket Scale, 100 by 0.01 G
Offered by EZ SELL
Price: $9.99
11 used & new from $9.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Almost perfect, April 18, 2015
Love that it weighs in 1/100 grams, but my unit keeps giving me a 0.002 as a startup weight. Zeroing it out does not make a difference. I can live with that, but it is the reason for the missing star. i use this to weigh neonate baby mice and flying squirrels who weigh only a few grams to begin with and gain weight in gram increments. The platform is large enough to fit the tail of a baby flyer, which is very important for an accurate reading.

Ich helf dir kochen. Das erfolgreiche Universalkochbuch mit groĂŸem Backteil
Ich helf dir kochen. Das erfolgreiche Universalkochbuch mit groĂŸem Backteil
by Hedwig Maria Stuber

5.0 out of 5 stars The Gold Standard for German cooking, April 18, 2015
My edition, now well over 40 years old, is starting to show wear. Also, back then fresh yeast was used, instant yeast was not a part of that cookbook. So I decided to get a newer edition that has the expanded baking section since you simply need a German cookbook to make authentic German baked goods.

This cookbook, my first ever when I learned to cook by myself, is still the gold standard in German cookbooks. And it remains my go-to book whenever I have a question. Very, very highly recommended for anyone who reads Gernan.

Black + Decker P300S 5-Minute Pizza Oven and Snack Maker, Silver
Black + Decker P300S 5-Minute Pizza Oven and Snack Maker, Silver
Price: $149.99
4 used & new from $127.49

3.0 out of 5 stars Okay but very limited, April 18, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
For frozen pizzas that are not overloaded, this "toaster oven on steroids" might be best. But boy, does it get hot! I would not want it in the kitchen come summer. But the hot outer surface is a real danger for young hands, something Black&Decker did not seem to take into acount when they decided not to insulate this oven better.

The unit is not very heavy, and the rubber feet are inadequate to hold it in place when opening the door and trying to remove the tray which, because it is so thin, warps easily. There has to be better material out there that results in a non-warping tray that also will not get destroyed if it falls off the remover handle.

I think it is the lack of insulation that results in uneven cooking. Overcooked in the back, undercooked in the front. Only very thin crust pizza overcomes this flaw.

Yes, this oven cooks faster, but for the price, I just don't see the value in the few minutes gained. And I consider it a dangerous appliance for households with children.

Motion Sensor Light Pro Super Bright LED Battery Operated, Cordless, Night Light
Offered by Motion Sensor Light Pro
Price: $19.97

5.0 out of 5 stars Bright and responsive, April 13, 2015
Switch allows for On, Off, or, Auto. I,only wish I didn't have to unscrew the back to access the switch since it can be a bit tricky to align rhe back so it closes neatly.
Aside this minor comment, this light shines bright and detects motion when dark just fine. I have one in the basement in a dark spot and bought two more to light up display shelving units. The lights performed beautifully.

Black Velvet Top Electric Motorized Rotating Display Turntable for Model Jewelry Hobby Collectible Home Christmas Decor - With 110v Ac Adapter
Offered by Leadleds
Price: $26.99
2 used & new from $21.66

5.0 out of 5 stars So far, great!, April 13, 2015
This is a first impression, longivety will decide the ultimate rating.

I like that this unit runs on either a D-cell battery or wall plug. Smooth turns, no choppiness. It helped make my craft dislay look more professional.

Photoshop Elements 13: The Missing Manual
Photoshop Elements 13: The Missing Manual
by Barbara Brundage
Price: $32.42
64 used & new from $21.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Great resource for everyone and any skill level., April 5, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Sometimes I think that Amazon.com can read my mind. I just recently, not even two weeks ago, finally broke down and upgraded my Elements version 8 to the current 13. That is quite a jump, and I never got good with 8, so I had been looking at books to get the most out of this new software.
This book is written in a way to make it fun to do the exercises. The language is clear and easily understood, no techno jargon that makes your ears flutter. Lots of illustrations and screen prints, this is a step-by-step manual that guides you through the basics and beyond to really get the most out of your pictures. Very easy to follow.

All Clad Textiles 100-Percent Cotton Solid Kitchen Towel, Pewter
All Clad Textiles 100-Percent Cotton Solid Kitchen Towel, Pewter
Price: $7.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Thick and super absorbent, April 5, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This kitchen towel is definitely a cut above what I can find in the local stores. It is high quality cotton, thick, and very absorbent. I never use fabric softener on any of my towels to retain their ability to absorb water, I rinse with vinegar instead. This towel washes beautifully and, as long as not washed too hot, should retain the antibacterial treatment for some time.
As for the color, well, that isn't one I would ordinarily buy, but I can see it in an all white kitchen where it would look beautiful.
Regardless that I am not crazy about the color, this towel will definitely get some mileage from me

Philips AVENT Classic Plus BPA Free Polypropylene Bottles, 4 Ounce (Pack of 2)
Philips AVENT Classic Plus BPA Free Polypropylene Bottles, 4 Ounce (Pack of 2)
Price: $13.99
2 used & new from $13.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Most definitely a difference, April 3, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
When I received these bottles for testing I handed them to my daughter-in-law to try out on my little grandson. My own test run won't be happening for at least another 6 weeks or so, but I will be using them for raccoon, not human babies, and I needed to know if these bottles are indeed as good as they claim to be.

My grandson is prone to gulp air and then has a hard time burping it up again. These nipple valves do indeed vent air into the botte without it being swallowed, making for a much smoother nursing session. And there has been a lot less air in his tiny tummy.

I like the idea of fewer parts to lose, and haven't we all?

All in all, while definitely not a dollar store price, I consider sleep worth the extra few dollars. Definitely recommended!

The Ringer Cast Iron Cleaner XL 8x6 Inch Stainless Steel Chainmail
The Ringer Cast Iron Cleaner XL 8x6 Inch Stainless Steel Chainmail
Offered by Quiverr
Price: $24.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Steel wool on steroids, April 2, 2015
This little mesh thingie does indeed cut through burned on, baked, on, caked on food like nobody's business. My only issue is that it can easily slip out of one's fingers and down the drain. That could be just me and my crappy thumb strength, though, so I will not knock this chain cloth's performance over that. Rinses clean and has a larger ring so it can be hung up to dry.
By the way, I used it to clean spills in the oven and clean up years of baked-on black soot in the drip pans of our stove. They are starting to show the original enamel again. I had about given up on those.
It WILL scratch stainless steel if you go crazy with it, so keep that in mind.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20