Profile for kestrel22 > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 314

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

kestrel22 "turmfalke22" RSS Feed (Massachusetts, USA)
(VINE VOICE)

Price: $225.00
5 used & new from $225.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect size for husband!, July 2, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is a well thought-out carry-on. I LOVE the wheels, they are inline skate wheels that run smooth and almost soft. Sturdy bag, my only gripe is that the front pocket is designed for a 13/5" Air Pad and therefore is useless for a 15.6" laptop. But it can go inside, so no points taken off for that.

Mesh zippers hold items in both compartments secure, and this bag holds a LOT. It also has an easy access small zippered pocket on the top of the front flap which is rather roomy.

I am not sure as to what exactly the material is that the bag is made of, it feels high tech and lets me think that this bag is built to last a lifetime of use.

Francois et Mimi Stainless Steel Double Wall French Coffee Press,34oz
Francois et Mimi Stainless Steel Double Wall French Coffee Press,34oz
Offered by Luzy's Storage Place
Price: $39.95
3 used & new from $35.97

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect size for me, July 2, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Perfect size for me! I don't guzzle coffee all day long, but in hot weather I LOVE iced coffee, and the French Press lets me brew it nice and strong. (In Germany Iced Coffee is actually an ice cream item: you get a scoop of vanilla ice cream which has STRONG coffee poured over it, and then it is topped with whipped cream. YUMM!! )

This is a sturdy carafe, no flimsy steel. The lid seals nice and tight, but the spout remains open. I thought I point that out since there are carafes that seal the spout. This is a French Press, not a thermal carafe, but it does have double walls which INCLUDES the bottom, an area even most thermal carafes fall short. Even the lid is double walled. This Press is well thought out and engineered!

If you drink coffee all day long I recommend you go with the next larger size, but for me this is perfect. It brews up to 1 liter, and I don't have to worry about the glass shattering or breaking anymore.

Beautiful design, sleek lines, a joy to look at and use.

Citizen Men's BM7170-53L Titanium Eco-Drive Watch
Citizen Men's BM7170-53L Titanium Eco-Drive Watch
Price: $262.50
18 used & new from $191.46

5.0 out of 5 stars Hubby really likes it, June 10, 2014
I bought this watch as a graduation gift for my husband. He would never buy such a watch for himself, but he deserved a beautiful and functional time piece. This watch caught my eye the instant I saw it, and while I searched more to compare other watches, I kept coming back to this one. It is strikingly beautiful in its simplicity and craftsmanship. The face is a deep midnight blue, and the hands are luminescent even in just low light, not just dark. This is a large watch yet it is not overpowering on my husband's average sized wrist.
Absolutely stunning, a solid and gorgeous watch! Love the eco drive, this watch will work on a full charge for 180 days in pitch black.

Orb-3 Lake and Pond Enzymes Pail, 5-Gallon
Orb-3 Lake and Pond Enzymes Pail, 5-Gallon
Price: $152.66

5.0 out of 5 stars Using it in our koi pond, June 10, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
The enzymes in this product break down accumulated debris and fish waste and allow it to be flushed out easier.
Our pond has no in and out flow, so we have to do water exchanges manually. These enzymes went to work immediately and we noticed that the rocks lining the upper part of the pond are now free of the black mossy crud that accumulates especially during the winter months. With no out flow, we needed to do a partial water exchange, but that was well worth it.
My husband noticed one thing, though: This product does make the water a little weird looking, kind of like the old style windows which made for slightly distorted view onto the outside world. It is not very noticable and might be a direct result of the water being contained.
This product will last us for years because our pond is relatively small. Definitely recommended, but keep in mind that it was designed for larger ponds or lakes.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 11, 2014 8:38 AM PDT

Rubbermaid Shaker Bottle, 20-Ounce, Black
Rubbermaid Shaker Bottle, 20-Ounce, Black
Price: $9.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Finally a screw-top!!!, June 10, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I can't even count all the different shaker bottles I have tried thus far! Some work better than others, but all are designed for cold beverages only.

Well, I need mine to make formula for my wildlife babies, and that's where so many of these bottles fall short. I doubt that I am the only person in the world who is looking for a shaker bottle that can handle warm drinks. Therefore my review contains both warm and cold beverages.

One of the worst ones for warm is a recent Tupperware design in that it has no gasket to prevent leaks. Plastic expands when warm, and the fluid just poured out of that bottle. Most others have snap-down drinking hole covers even if the top itself is screwed on, and they literally explode open when I put very warm liquid in, even if it's only 8 oz. So venting them after the first shake is vital, then again after the third shake, and so on... and by then I have lumps that are almost impossible to break up.

This bottle has what I was looking for: a screw-top drinking hole cover. Why on earth didn't anybody else think of that before? Yes I am still venting when shaking up very warm liquids, but nothing blows or leaks all over the place, and I am not fiddling with a cover that needs to be snapped on securely again. Quick twist, vent, quick twist to close, shake. No time for huge lumps to form.

As for the mixing ability, I tested it with cold beverages as well, of course, since this is what the majority of users will want it for. Powder mixes for chocolate or strawberry milk work VERY well, no residue on the bottom. I don't use sports drinks but expect them to get equally well mixed.

Mixing a tougher formula which always clumps easily resulted in less glamorous results in that, when I poured the formula through a strainer, there was about 1/4 tsn of small lumps left which of course would clog nipples. But I am not holding that against this bottle, it actually performs better than my other shaker bottles.
Cleaning is a snap. The solid design of the shaker ball is a definite plus, and the top part washes easily as well.
This bottle is a high quality Tritan which is BPA free and will hopefully stay clear looking for a long time to come.
The only quibble: wish it were double walled to prevent the sweating... Rubbermaid, are you listening?
Definitely recommended!!!

Fresh 'n Clean 15:1 Concentrate Conditioner, Fresh Clean Floral Scent
Fresh 'n Clean 15:1 Concentrate Conditioner, Fresh Clean Floral Scent
Price: $50.81

4.0 out of 5 stars Very nice!, June 10, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Again, the reason I subtract one star is that diluting it to the recommened 15/1 ratio makes for a way too thin solution. I find 8/1 works best for my needs. The conditioner helps soothe any skin irritations from bites or pollen allergies and does make for a softer coat texture. I work it into the fur and let it sit for a minute or so before I rinse it out. The scent is very pleasant and unisex, so your male won't smell like a girl, grin.
It makes sense to use this in conjunction with the shampoo for maximum effect. Good value, even at the 8/1 ratio.

Fresh 'n Clean Oatmeal n' Baking Soda 15:1 Concentrate Shampoo, Tropical Breeze Scent
Price: $49.50

4.0 out of 5 stars Good shampoo!, June 10, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Up front, the only reason I subtracted a star is that diluting it to 15/1 makes it too watery to properly clean the fur. I have a lab mix whose coat is quite water proof and I therefore need a better "grease cutting power." Keeping the dilution to 8/1 works for me in this case. It smells a bit more flowery during washing but that dissipates once the coat is dry and just leaves a pleasant scent instead of stinky doggie feet.
Definitely recommended, just don't expect to get 15 gallons out of it unless you wash your dog all the time which really is not a good idea. Dog fur needs a certain oil content to protect from the elements.

Viva Decor 50gm Inka Gold Metal Gloss Paint, Violet
Viva Decor 50gm Inka Gold Metal Gloss Paint, Violet
Price: $5.70
8 used & new from $3.11

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing stuff!, May 27, 2014
I just cleaned out the remaining stock at Michaels where I got this purple color on clearance for $4.99 each. People don't have a clue what they are missing!... JoAnn sells it for $7.99, use a coupon.

I love, love, love this paste! Wish there were more colors, I would buy them all. I use a soft old dust rag to apply the paste on card stock, let it dry for a minute, then buff it with the same by now pretty grungy looking cloth. Then I die cut or do whatever with the paper. Amazing sheen, so rich looking! I will soon put a tutorial and samples on my blog, "sigis wild tails and creations.blogspot.com." Not a lot of time right now, wildlife baby season has me bogged down.

All the colors are true to what they look like in the little container. You simply can't go wrong with this product, but be sure you use it on a craft mat or throwaway paper and have baby wipes handy to clean up right afterwards. This is NOT an item for children, it is fairly permanent when dry.

True Lemon Bulk Pack, 500 Count
True Lemon Bulk Pack, 500 Count
Price: $24.19
6 used & new from $23.98

5.0 out of 5 stars Indeed true flavor!, May 22, 2014
I love lemon or lime in seltzer, no sugar added, and these little packets are absolutely perfect for that! But they have lots of other uses, in baking and cooking as well. Wonderful, no more lemons or limes gone to citrus heaven by the time I can use them all! I bought bulk so I don't run out and will be back for more.
Someone said these are expensive, but lemons go for 79 - 99cents a piece nowadays. That makes these packets a better deal because they don't rot on the counter. Highly recommended!

Citizen Women's EW1568-04A Eco-Drive Black Leather Strap Casual Watch
Citizen Women's EW1568-04A Eco-Drive Black Leather Strap Casual Watch
Offered by Reeds Jewelers
Price: $185.00
3 used & new from $138.75

5.0 out of 5 stars A timeless classic, May 22, 2014
This watch is exactly what I had been looking for to no avail in the department stores. I had wanted a simple and easy to read watch face, not the bling and glitz that is "in" right now, just a quality watch that could be worn at any time, casual or dress. Not that I do much dress, I work with wildlife and need to keep track of time when I have to feed dozens of hungry little mouths. Running out to have a dead battery replaced is costly and the thing always dies when I am the busiest, so I was looking into self winding watches when the eco drive caught my eye. At first I thought there would be ugly panels alongside the clasp or watch band, but no, this technology is well hidden inside the watch.

The inner circle sports a dainty off-white herringbone design and I assume that this is the part where light enters to power the gears. The outer circle, where the Roman numerals are, is an off-white mother of pearl. The numerals and hands are a metallic vivid blue and depending on the light they look almost black or striking blue. The date window is tiny but readable, though only with glasses now in my case. There is no day window, which for me means it is easier to set.

The diameter of the watch is 1 3/16". But it doesn't look like a men's watch at all, it is just a comfortable size to see easily and wear. The black leather band feels a tad stiff because it's new but not uncomfortable at all. It measures 5/8" at the watch face and tapers to 1/2" at the clasp. In warmer weather I prefer leather bands because they breathe and don't stick as much as stainless steel bands.

This is simply a gorgeous time piece and I am glad that I followed my gut when I saw it. The eco drive is just the icing on the cake: no more dead batteries, ever again! It worked flawlessly right out the box, and setting was a breeze. You can't go wrong with this one.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20