Profile for kestrel22 > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 380

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

kestrel22 "turmfalke22" RSS Feed (Massachusetts, USA)
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
3-IN-ONE 120025 Dry Lube Drip Oil, 4 oz.
3-IN-ONE 120025 Dry Lube Drip Oil, 4 oz.
Price: $4.86

5.0 out of 5 stars No stink!, December 27, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
The lubricants I have used in the past tend to have a noxious, almost corrosive stench to them. So I was looking forward to a lubricant that I can use inside the house without getting a headache.

Screw cap that opens and closes the hole, what a great and long overdue idea! No more losing the cap! The oil comes out easily, so squeezing is not necessary and may make a mess.

The first time I accidentally unscrewed the entire top and got some of the oil on my hand. It does have a light smell to it but that dissipates quickly as the oil dries.

No more squeaky refrigerator door and no smell. Storm door opens and closes quietly now. I am literally SEARCHING for things I can lubricate, need to clean out the slider rail from bird seed and then lubricate that as well.

This lubricant is perfect for me. Highly recommended.

OXO Good Grips Silicone Drain Protector for Pop-Up & Regular Drains
OXO Good Grips Silicone Drain Protector for Pop-Up & Regular Drains
Price: $8.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Makes a bigger mess, December 23, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
We have two dogs, and bathing them in the tub is no small undertaking. Our tub is old and drains slowly no matter what I do because of the pipes' shallow slant. So the last thing I need is hair clogging the pipes.

When this drain protector was offered on my Vine list I just HAD to give it a try despite the negative reviews. I really hoped that I would do better with it.

Unfortunately, they were all correct. The unit is not weighted enough to stay in place, but while it does it blocks water from draining because thwe drain holes don't start until,almost 1/2" up on the dome. So I find myself standing in 2-3" shampoo water with hair floating and sticking to my feet. Eventually the Oxo lifts enough to let the water through with hair now underneath, inside, and outside its silicone dome.

I won't dare try this with a dog in the tub, the dog would never rinse clean with suds everywhere.

Definitely NOT eecommended.

Moen YB2863CH Eva Bath Lighting, Chrome
Moen YB2863CH Eva Bath Lighting, Chrome
Price: $113.95
3 used & new from $113.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Quiet elegance meets functionality, December 15, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
We, too, had this ugly five bulb "Hollywood" light panel above the mirror. I never liked that thing, but I didn't really think it terms of choices. Then came this offer to review the Moen Bath Lighting and I jumped on it.

What a difference a pretty light makes even in a small bathroom! This is a beautiful fixture, almost understated in its quiet elegance. You almost don't notice that we have an older inset mirrored medicine cabinet, the two blend together in that both have a high gloss mirror finish.

The only thing I had to do was to finally tackle the long overdue wallpapering. So now we have a really nice bathroom again! Love the light, and the three bulbs make it much more energy efficient.

The OontZ Curve - Portable Wireless Bluetooth Speaker - Better Sound, Better Volume, Incredible Online Price (((Metallic Blue)))
Offered by OontZ by Cambridge SoundWorks
Price: $64.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Nifty and practical little speaker with nice sound, December 15, 2014
This is my second purchase, a Christmas gift for hubby. Mine is red and I love that little thingie. It has gotten banged around quite a bit in my purse already and survived a fall off the table, but it keeps on ticking.

This is by no means a room filler, but I like to prop it on top of the coffee maker or somewhere else out of the way when I am working in the kitchen and listen to Pandora or other choices. It puts out quite a sound for such a small device. Love it and will replace it if I kill mine by accident.

Petzl Tikkina Headlamp Violet One Size
Petzl Tikkina Headlamp Violet One Size
Offered by KS Rescue
Price: $19.95
27 used & new from $13.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Most comfortable lamp of them all for longer times of use., December 15, 2014
This review is from: Petzl Tikkina Headlamp (Sports)
This headlamp has quickly become my favorite of all the ones I own. I use it primarily for crafting and knitting. Two light settings start out with the lower intensity which makes sense. The lamp's design lets it ride flush on the forehead without bouncing around or feeling front heavy like, for instance, my Energizer headlamp. (That one is useful for outside with its red and green light choices and more focused beam.)
The headband adjusts very easily. The power button is large and pushes easily, something not always the case with other headlamps. I really like that it comes on with the lower setting. The light is more diffused and covers more of an area than do typical spotlight headlamps. I find that helpful for crafting and knitting.
Adjustability is easy and effective. My bangs won't cover the light and shade it, a big plus. And I can do my work while hubby can watch TV without my task lights glaring off the TV screen.
My only question and concern is a loud exploding noise and the feeling of something hitting me on the nose the other day. I thought the bulb had exploded, but it hadn't, nor could I find any pieces missing or cracks in the lamp. If anyone has experienced something similar, please let me know!

Rapid Brew Stainless Steel Stovetop Coffee Percolator, 2-9 cup
Rapid Brew Stainless Steel Stovetop Coffee Percolator, 2-9 cup
Price: $34.93
27 used & new from $14.67

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful and highly functional, December 15, 2014
Handsome percolator, solidly built, no sharp edges anywhere. While so far I have not broken the knob I recommend you buy a few extras when ordering this pot since they are add-on items. Works great, between this and my French Press we will have perfect coffee and even choices during power outages.

Brew Rite Wrap Around Coffee Filters
Brew Rite Wrap Around Coffee Filters
Offered by Capri Sales
Price: $8.99
2 used & new from $6.67

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, December 15, 2014
Love the design, really keeps even finely ground coffee from muddying the brew. A bit expensive, though.

Disc Coffee Filter 3.5" and 3" Percolator 1/2 CASE 600 count ct Brew Rite U.S.A.
Offered by Buy-it-now-store
Price: $9.80
3 used & new from $9.80

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for medium grind, December 15, 2014
These are great as long as your coffee is not ground too fine. If it is, I recommend the wrap-around kind which are impossible to find in stores.

Millbrook (TM) Handheld Spiral Vegetable Slicer - Julienne Spiralizer ~ Commercial Grade ~ Has Dual Japanese Stainless Steel Blades

3.0 out of 5 stars More of a novelty than useful, December 15, 2014
This is more of a gadget than a useful tool. Too thin a carrot, and it breaks off. Too thick a carrot, and it won't fit. And you have to twist-crank without wonkiness or your veggie spaghetti break off. The thin blade made more of a mush than nice strings for me, but maybe I need more practice?

Ultimate Survival Technologies Brila Mini Lantern, Lime
Ultimate Survival Technologies Brila Mini Lantern, Lime
Price: $8.73
7 used & new from $8.73

5.0 out of 5 stars A tiny little mighty, December 15, 2014
This tiny thingie is actually brighter than one would expect. While I am well equipped with head lamps and batteries as well as some solar lanterns, I like the idea of having a little light in the really dark areas during a power outage. Given the crazy weather we've been having lately it is a good idea to have energy efficient emergency lighting on hand.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20