Back to Business Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon St Lucia Bose SoundTouch 130 Amazon Fire TV Stick Grocery Valentine's Day Cards Create an Amazon Wedding Registry Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage Shop Now Sale
Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Browse

Amazon Customer's Profile

Customer Reviews: 586

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Amazon Customer "turmfalke22" RSS Feed (Massachusetts, USA)
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Panasonic MJ-L500 Slow Juicer with Frozen Treat Attachment, Black/Silver
Panasonic MJ-L500 Slow Juicer with Frozen Treat Attachment, Black/Silver
Price: $299.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Impressive performance, February 3, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Funny how things happen at times. I had been looking for a decent orange and citrus juicer. Ever since I had carpal tunnel surgery on both hands my thumbs just don't have much strength anymore regardless of exercises, and that affects more than I ever could have guessed. So making my life easier is a neverending search. Manual juicers are mostly mediocre at best.

This Panasonic slow juicer's performance is impressive. The pulp extracted comes out in a somewhat moist ribbon. The amount of juice this machine extracts is astonishing. I have a Breville juicer which is up there in quality, but it is terribly loud, a chore to clean, and does not extract as much juice as this slow juicer does.

The Panasonic is QUIET in comparison to regular juicers and the Ninja. I feed whole peeled carrots into the tube and the powerful motor effortlessly grabs and chews it up into fine shreds.

Cleanup is fairly easy. The masticating screw rinses clean and only requires a little extra attention along the inside rim on the bottom. All other pieces rinse clean. The juicer comes with a cleaning brush that looks very similar to a tooth brush with a curved pointed end to get any stuck pulp out easily.

A frozen treat attachment is included. I have not tried that one yet since we don't eat much ice cream and sherbet in winter, but I see the genius in the application and look forward to frozen watermelon and peaches and other treats next summer.

This slow juicer also makes nut butters and milks, and of course extracts juice from leafy greens and wheat grass. I am sprouting wheat berries for home grown wheat grass as I am wring this review.

I like the small footprint. Since the weight is mostly at the bottom, this machine stays put, no walking or vibrating all over the place.

The only thing missing is a recipe booklet. The included instructions show with drawings how to assemble the machine, and there is a section on what fruits and vegetables NOT to juice. I have no issues with a lack of recipes, but a newcomer to juicing might feel a bit lost. However, there are tons and tons of juicing and smoothies books on the market, so please don't let that deter you from purchasing a truly fine machine.

Yellow Gold-Plated Sterling Silver and Cubic Zirconia Tennis Bracelet, 7.25"
Yellow Gold-Plated Sterling Silver and Cubic Zirconia Tennis Bracelet, 7.25"
Price: $46.89

5.0 out of 5 stars Very pretty and believable, January 31, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
While dainty, this bracelet is not flimsy. If these were real diamonds I would have had to pay $1,000+, and the diamonds would not have been eye clean.

The closure is secured with two clasps which adds to the believabilty of the piece. It is very comfortable to wear.

Of course, like just about everything these days, the bracelet was manufactured in China.

RIDGID VAC1100 Smart Cart Wet Dry Shop Vacuum with LED Car Nozzle and Dust Bags, 11-Gallon, 6.5 Peak Horsepower
Price: $209.99

3.0 out of 5 stars The vacuum itself is awesome. It seems to me that this entire line ..., January 28, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Up front I must state that I am giving a three star rating solely for lousy quality control! The vacuum itself is awesome.

It seems to me that this entire line comes with two left wheel locks. I called Ridgid and ordered the correct part which arrived today (took about 8 days to get here.) The wheel lock you need has LH printed on the inside, what you have right now are two RH locks. Take the orange face plate off (three screws) and remove the wheel lock piece, take care to replace the spring part correctly.

I still can't get the darn wheel on because the nut binds after half a turn. Mounting those requires socket wrenches and something to hold the nut in place on the inside of the wheel base which is almost impossible to do.

Third gripe was that the nuts and locking washers were all mixed up the wrong way in the baggies. I was able to sort them out, but again, this is a quality control issue or lack thereof.

I have yet to try out the vacuum in earnest because I can't move it much without the wheel falling off until it is mounted securely with a nut that actually fits.

Since customer service was also not reliable the first time I called (she could not speak English past what she had been taught), here is the correct email to write to: info@ridgidvac.com. Make sure you include the serial number of your vacuum (on back of unit) and a picture of the messed up wheel locks.

I hope this helps!

Leifheit Clean Twist Set System, X-Large
Leifheit Clean Twist Set System, X-Large
Price: $84.70
7 used & new from $84.70

4.0 out of 5 stars It actually works!, January 23, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
When I first unpacked the box and saw all the flimsy feeling parts to the spinner basket I had my doubts. But once I finally had it all assembled -- the top part took some twisting and turning because none of the tabs wanted to line up -- and it snapped into place the unit felt solid at last.

Using this spin mop makes mopping floors almost fun. While I usually clean with steam due to all the animals in our home, every so often a deeper scrub is needed, especially in the kitchen where crud can get trapped in the grooves. That is where this spin mop comes in very handy. The deep fluff on the mop head does a good job sopping up the liquid. I still go over the floors with just water in the end to remove all the chemicals.

I subtract one star because this is a costly unit yet Leifheit only gives us one mop head. Come on, you couldn't add a second one while the first one is getting washed?

One other thing worth mentioning, the snaps that secure the mop head to the device require some umphh. My thumb strength never recovered after carpal tunnel surgery despite exercises, so I needed to step on the snaps to get them to click. This might be of interest for others with similar issues.

How long will the foot lever that unhinges the mechanism so the mop head can dive into the water last? It is plastic, and that always worries me. Time will tell how well the built quality is. But while it is working, it's great!

The Complete Prebiotic and Probiotic Health Guide: A Vegetarian Plan for Balancing Your Gut Flora
by Dr. Maitrey Raman
Price: $22.46
38 used & new from $13.75

4.0 out of 5 stars Good info, January 20, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Whoa, lots of exhaustive reviews on this book were written already! That allows me to make my 5 cents brief.

While I am not a vegetarian, I don't eat a lot of meat in general and try to stick with a healthy diet. Recently I had a terrible reaction to a strong antibiotic which wreaked havoc with my digestive system, and rebuilding my gut flora was of great importance to me. But I knew only so much, so when this book came up for review, I jumped on it.

There is a lot of good info to be had, and much of it I did NOT know before. Did you know that your gut contains about 500 TRILLION bacteria comprised of about 500 different types? And these bacteria are essential for your good health and well being.

The book explains the role of prebiotics and probiotics, current and future applications, and their impact on certain diseases that have increased in number in recent years due to changes in our diet. "You are what you eat" is a very old saying that holds true all the more today. The use, or shall we say, overuse?, of antibiotics and their impact on gut flora is also addressed.

There are lots of recipes to be had as well, but those were not my primary reason for wanting to read this book. Yet they will come in handy since I am trying to help a good friend get better who has been on antibiotics for the most part of her life.

Worth reading for sure if you want to make changes in your life and feel better overall.

Black & Decker BDCJS20B Lithium Jigsaw Bare Tool, 20V
Black & Decker BDCJS20B Lithium Jigsaw Bare Tool, 20V
Price: $62.13

5.0 out of 5 stars Husband loves this!, January 16, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Whoa, a Rolls Royce in jig saw form?

This saw came without a charger and batteries, and those are pricey in the 20V range. I see additional tools in the future now that we bought those.

But this thing has power. Husband loves the no tools blade exchange, easy tilt feature, and guide. This is a heavy saw with the battery attached, but its weight also makes for less vibration and jumping around while cutting into a large sheet of plywood.

I had to reiterate to hubby that this isn't a "his" saw, it's a "we" saw. I love to do woodworking as well and was thrilled to see this saw come up for review. A belated Christmas gift for sure, and a welcome one.

JOBY Action Jib Kit with Pole Pack - Capture cinematic crane shots with your GoPro or other action video camera
Price: $77.33
23 used & new from $69.09

4.0 out of 5 stars Goes DOWN as well!, January 14, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Everybody talks about action viewed from a bird's eye perspective. I have tried that in the house but almost got in trouble with the ceiling fans once I finally had the pole put together correctly. Instructions are rather skimpy, YouTube helps.
While this jib kit will be a lot of fun to create new angles and will probably upset some squirrels in high release cages because now I can get up close and personal, I suddenly realized that it is also super cool to get DOWN close and personal. And I don't have to kneel in mud or snow to do so. Little birds hiding in the thicket get scared out by a human approaching, but a tiny little camera might not be that intimidating. I am practicing the down low swoop indoors right now whenever the cats are asleep.
If you like to be creative and add a new dimension to your film making, consider this jib kit with pole extensions. I think it's a lot of fun.

KitchenAid Mandoline Slicer, Red
KitchenAid Mandoline Slicer, Red
Price: $49.76
21 used & new from $29.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Useless for Julienne, January 9, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
For just straight slicing, this Kitchenaid slicer works well. I like the idea of multiple thicknesses.

But I had high hopes for the Juliennne blades, something most slicers fail at miserably. My current mandoline has a V blade and works semi okay with Julienne, so I hoped that a fesh blade would breeze right through.

Not so. The sweet potato I sacrificed got chewed to tiny shreds by the blades when it cut anything. I had to use much too much force to be comfortable with this device and stopped before it cost me a destroyed hand.

As others have mentioned, this is a behemoth of a slicer. Even with the stand folded down, it is still huge. What is good about the stand, however, is that a shallow bowl can be put underneath which catches the slices. My other mandoline slip-slides around as I am holding on with one hand and slicing with the other. So in that aspect this Kitchenaid slicer is a little better.

The pusher/holder is no improvement over any others. It won't hold carrots, and heavy produce slides out as you lift it off the bed. I would never dare trying to slice radishes, way too dangerous.

The Julienne blades holder is huge as well. I has several empty slots, so I wonder if Kitchenaid plans to come out wih additional blades.

The entire unit, except for the blades, is plastic. That means that it can and will bend if pressure is applied from above while slicing. For this price Kitchenaid could have built this with a metal frame.

If Julienne matters, look elsewhere. Soft vegetables might work okay, but I wanted fries, and this still isn't it...
Comment Comments (5) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 12, 2016 9:23 PM PST

Brother Designio Series DZ2400 Computerized Sewing & Quilting Machine
Brother Designio Series DZ2400 Computerized Sewing & Quilting Machine
Price: $269.00
6 used & new from $193.54

5.0 out of 5 stars Kid in the candy store, December 28, 2015
After reading some of the negative reviews on this machine I was a bit apprehensive while I waited for its arrival. I immediatley unpacked it, let it come to room tempersture, and then tried it out. Somebjad mebtioned the the aitimatic threader didn't work. That would have been a deal breaker since eyes do not improve with age. Luckily this one works fine, it just needs a little bit of juggling to get the needle positioned at the correct height.
The machine sews smoothly and quietly, no funny hums or clunking noises. The stitches are just plain fun!
This machine is much more lightweight than my Singer 5050 which still works perfectly but is much more cumbersome to use when it comes to stitch selections. I suspect that my Singer will still keep on sewing when this Brother with all its plastic pieces will have gone to sewing machine heaven. But since I take care of my machinery I hope this won't happen for many years to come.

Shark Blast & Scrub Steam Pocket Mop
Shark Blast & Scrub Steam Pocket Mop
Price: $99.99
3 used & new from $99.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Super easy to use, December 24, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
When I first opened the box of this steamer I was elated to find two extra pads right at the top. Bissell, which I love as a product, does not include extras, and the pads are pricey to purchase.
The Shark comes in three pieces, but do not let that deter you. You don't even need a screwriver to put it together, it slides and snaps into place. Down the line this may not be so good if the interior snaps weaken, but hopefully I am wrong here.

The "foot" of the unit where the pad is was fully assembled with a pad installed which makes for a total of three pads. There is no right or wrong way to slide it onto the body. The pads have one fluffy and one scrubbier side.

I had to subtract one star because the easy flipping of the pad also makes for a wobbly unit to stand up. You need a corner or super large hook (the handle is large and thick for comfort) to put it away so it won't come crashing on the floor. A fall might shorten the unit's life span significantly if the tank cracks.

The water tank does not detach, you fill it via a narrow funnel that comes with the unit. It takea about 1 1/2 funnels to grt to the fill line. Steam selection is low, medium, and high, and the unit heats up fast.

I put this steamer to the test on one of the toughest floors to clean in the house: my wildlife rehab room. Male squirrels tend to hang on the side of their cage and pee out, and little poop pebbles get stuck on the floor and dry which mades them very hard to remove. I often have to use a scraper to get them off. Wish I could add the video instead just the picture od the dirty floor. Point being, this steamer made short work of this two weeks worth of flying squirrel pee dried on mess, no elbow grease necessary. Some bunny poops that were mushed in the floor and hard as cement needed a little more patience to steam off.

All in all, this steamer has the muscle to cut through tough messes. Just be sure you prop it in a corner so it stays secure.s
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 24, 2016 4:09 PM PST

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20