Profile for Jmdeis11 > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 9

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Jmdeis11 RSS Feed (NY)

Lodge L10SK3 Pre-Seasoned Skillet, 12-Inch
Lodge L10SK3 Pre-Seasoned Skillet, 12-Inch
Offered by Yagoozon
Price: $33.31
53 used & new from $19.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Skillet, January 13, 2013
I don't have much to add that hasn't been covered already in the 1500+ reviews. Great cast iron skillet, does what it's supposed to do. The preseasoning is nice, but it's obviously not as non-stick (yet) as the 10" skillet I've had for years.

Need for Speed: Nitro
Need for Speed: Nitro
Offered by NYC Electronics
Price: $18.43
75 used & new from $3.81

3.0 out of 5 stars OK, December 13, 2009
= Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Need for Speed: Nitro (Video Game)
They got rid of the world and now you just select one race, then select the next one, which I thought was less fun. The cop chases and nitro are different as well. The cops are now pretty much inconsequential and probably should have just been left out. The nitro is refilled by drifting around turns, a change that I liked. Overall I didn't find this one as much fun as nfs underground. I could see some people liking the style of this one better, but it's different than the rest of the series.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 18, 2014 2:08 AM PDT

New Super Mario Bros. Wii
New Super Mario Bros. Wii
Price: $25.15
334 used & new from $11.98

5.0 out of 5 stars Great game, November 28, 2009
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
Lots of fun. It stays true to the mario bros line of games, but adds a good amount of new features. It's no cakewalk, though.

Mushroom Men: The Spore Wars - Nintendo Wii
Mushroom Men: The Spore Wars - Nintendo Wii
Price: $13.70
40 used & new from $1.51

3.0 out of 5 stars Ok, November 28, 2009
= Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars
I purchased this game after reading favorable reviews, but I wish I had been able to play it first. It's a bit simplistic and just didn't hold my attention. Maybe I'm older than the target audience. Regardless, it's been relegated to the bottom of the wii game stack.

Logitech Harmony 700 Rechargeable Remote with Color Screen (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
Offered by CANMOBILITY
Price: $119.00
21 used & new from $61.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Great remote, no complaints, October 24, 2009
Great remote. Does everything I wanted it to do (most importantly having the volume always controlled on the receiver while changing the channel on the DVR or controlling other devices, and the all-on and all-off buttons), and is super simple to use.

Very customizable, but incredibly easy to set up. I see people complain about difficulty setting it up...seriously? All you have to do is start the software and put in the model numbers of your devices. Set-up then consists of hitting the 'next' button a few times, and you're done. It gives you lots of choices, but the default answer is correct almost every time. It took me about 15 mins to set it up. For how complex the inner workings of the remote are, I was impressed with how simple they make it on the user's end. The remote and the buttons also feel very solid. Overall I'm very satisfied.

Monster Cable MP HT800 Home Theater PowerCenter (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
Monster Cable MP HT800 Home Theater PowerCenter (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
Offered by Quick Sales
Price: $29.99
10 used & new from $22.99

4.0 out of 5 stars It works, July 23, 2009
I try to avoid buying Monster products because they are incredible ripoffs, but I got a nice new TV and thought I would splurge, and the price here on amazon made it a bit more palatable. That, and I could not find another power conditioner. I cannot tell any difference in my TV's picture vs it plugged into the wall. But at least it's a reliable surge protector, and the power conditioner part can't hurt. The labeled plugs are nice, too.

Sanus BF24B 24 Inch Speaker Stands (Pair)
Sanus BF24B 24 Inch Speaker Stands (Pair)
Offered by HCcost
Price: $38.00
38 used & new from $29.00

5.0 out of 5 stars They work, July 23, 2009
They are pieces of wood(-like material) that hold a speaker a couple feet off the ground. I don't understand why speaker stands are so expensive. If I had a saw and some time I would have tried to make my own. But these are the cheapest ones I could find, and I was surprised that they are actually pretty good quality (and look good too). Took about 10 minutes to put both of them together, very simple with no issues.

Klipsch Synergy SUB-10 Subwoofer Speaker (Single, Black) (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
Offered by founderdirect
Price: $208.98
8 used & new from $208.98

5.0 out of 5 stars Great sub, July 23, 2009
This sub sounds great, and really completes a home theater setup. I only have the sub volume turned up 1/3 of the way and it blends very well with the system. Nice tight bass that can shake the walls when you turn it up. I'm not sure why you would need the 12" unless you have a really large room. I live in an apt building, so I am using the Auralex GRAMMA, which helps to not piss off the neighbors. Overall I highly recommend this sub.

Klipsch B-3 Synergy Bookshelf Loudspeakers (Pair, Black) (Discontinued by Manufacturer)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great speakers, July 23, 2009
I've had these for a couple months, and I'm very happy with them. I've paired them with the C1 center, S1 surrounds, and sub10, and it is one bad*ss home theater system. If you are just going to get the B-3s (and no sub), they would work well for tv/movies, but might lack a little bit of that deep bass for music. They have a well-balanced sound, and they will reveal the deficits if you have poor quality music files. If you are able, go to a store a listen to any speakers before making an investment. Different speakers have different types of sounds, so make sure you like the signature first.
I'm very happy with these though, and would buy them again.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 25, 2010 5:39 AM PDT