Industrial-Sized Deals TextBTS15 Shop Women's Handbags Learn more nav_sap_plcc_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums $5 Off Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Shop Popular Services pivdl pivdl pivdl  Amazon Echo Starting at $99 Kindle Voyage Nintendo Digital Games Gear Up for Football Deal of the Day
Profile for Didi CarpeDiem > Reviews

Browse

Didi CarpeDiem's Profile

Customer Reviews: 5

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Didi CarpeDiem "Book & outdoors enthusiast" RSS Feed (CA)

Elan Form Chilewich, Ice for iPhone 4
Elan Form Chilewich, Ice for iPhone 4

5.0 out of 5 stars Great cover!, May 18, 2013
This is the second time I buy this cover as my first one was stolen. I love it! It's perfect for me.

Logitech S715i Portable 30-Pin iPod/iPhone Speaker Dock (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
Offered by IsaacTronics
Price: $199.99
16 used & new from $46.14

2.0 out of 5 stars Very disappointed with the sound quality :-(, May 18, 2013
After reading all of the online reviews on this product, I decided to give it a go. I am so disappointed with the sound quality. It's unlike everything I read. It sounds "cheap". It's a metallic sound that irritates my ears. And yes, I am not judging the sound based on it running on its battery. It is plugged in the wall and that's what I get. I am seriously thinking of returning. So a word to the wise, don't purchase this product!

La Vie En Rose [Blu-ray]
La Vie En Rose [Blu-ray]
5 used & new from $0.49

4.0 out of 5 stars Returned HD version in European format, December 13, 2012
This review is from: La Vie En Rose [Blu-ray] (Blu-ray)
To my disappointment, I had to return this item once I found out the HD version was in European format. On the other hand, the company was very effective in sending me a refund after receiving my package.

I've seen this movie at the theater and it's excellent! I've also read Piaf's story as written by her sister. The movie emphasizes her successful years and does not quite demonstrate how miserable she was at the beginning of her life. For instance, her mom, who was a prostitute, thought she had gone blind at an early age, only to find out that she retrieved her vision after getting holy water on her face. The poor thing was always so dirty, she probably only got an eye infection. Piaf also had a baby from one of the numerous sailor lovers. While sharing a one bedroom unit with her sister, the baby died from malnutrition. Her first manager called her la mome Piaf because she resembled a little sparrow pecking seeds on the ground. He discovered her on the streets of Saint-Germain des Pres where a lot of artists tried to make a living on the streets.

Garmin FR60 Women's Lilac Fitness Watch (includes heart rate monitor , foot pod, USB ANT Stick)

4.0 out of 5 stars Finally a good fitness watch for petite women!, September 6, 2009
I just received my FR60, and my first impression is that I love this product. I've had to wait for it for five months because it was not on the market as yet; however, on the up side this provided me with a substantial discount, so I have no complaint in this regard. I have had much difficulty finding a good fitness watch that would fit my small wrist. The FR60 fits nicely without being bulky. Compared to my Mio Petite, the heart rate display is much easier to retrieve and most reliable, characters displayed are easier to read, and buttons are more ergonomic. The main difference is that Mio Petite had no chest strap, and the dual pressure button system was quite awkward and unreliable. The lavender color on the FR60 is nice and discrete -- thanks, however, for not making it a hot pink or orange! On the down side, the product is so new that it is not yet supported by the Web site. This deadline is a big failure on the part of Garmin!!! Then tech support is only open at certain hours during the week, and there are no Q&As for FR60 as yet on the Web site. Once I manage to have access to my data online, I intend to order the foot pod, which should be a natural add-on to this product. Despite my initial frustrations, I expect to really enjoy this watch and I highly recommend it to any active woman with petite wrists.

World Atlas of Wine
World Atlas of Wine
by Hugh Johnson
64 used & new from $9.79

4.0 out of 5 stars Amazing atlas of wine, January 12, 2008
This review is from: World Atlas of Wine (Hardcover)
I absolutely love this book. However, the reason why I gave it only 4 stars is because this is the second time I've ordered it and it came without the CD. Otherwise, I find it fulfills all of my expectations. I often browse through it with my husband while opening a new bottle at the dinner table. This allows us to peak through sections of the book as desired. Most books this size make great coffee table props, which people don't even read. This one is meant to be read. Great text, great pictures, well organized!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 29, 2009 3:54 AM PDT