Profile for R. Coker > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 41

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

R. Coker RSS Feed (Apalachin, New York, USA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
Positively Negative: Love, Pregnancy, and Science's Surprising Victory Over HIV
Positively Negative: Love, Pregnancy, and Science's Surprising Victory Over HIV
Price: $1.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Informative & engaging, August 5, 2014
In "Positively Negative," Heather Boerner introduces readers to couples in which one partner is HIV-positive and both long to have a baby. Can that happen without the other partner contracting HIV? If so, will the baby be healthy? Boerner expertly weaves in details regarding medical advances from the last decade or so, never losing sight of the larger narrative. This Kindle Single will be an especially interesting read for anyone who grew up (like Boerner and I) in the 1980s, when an AIDS diagnosis amounted to a death sentence. Thanks in large part to antiretroviral therapy, living with HIV means something radically different now. That shines through in this sensitively written, thoroughly researched piece.

Ashenden: A Novel
Ashenden: A Novel
by Elizabeth Wilhide
Price: $18.29
154 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars A real treat for fans of Jane Austen or Downton Abbey, September 14, 2013
This review is from: Ashenden: A Novel (Hardcover)
This delightful novel was a true treat! It touches on more than 200 years of British history, as seen through the people who live and work in a grand estate outside London. The stories are interwoven beautifully, without a single forced or trite leap. Author Elizabeth Wilhide does an amazing job describing fashion, politics, architecture and even women's rights through the decades without getting bogged down in any one area for too long. Anyone who loves Jane Austen or Downton Abbey (or both, as I do) will find themselves swept away.

The Laws of Gravity
The Laws of Gravity
by Liz Rosenberg
Price: $10.99
73 used & new from $0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars Touching & suspenseful!, May 7, 2013
This review is from: The Laws of Gravity (Paperback)
"The Laws of Gravity" is a touching and surprisingly suspenseful look at a family that unravels in the face of terrible misfortune. Liz Rosenberg manages to touch on topics including cancer, friendship, marriage, race relations, retirement and even international adoption without straying too far from the story that propels the novel forward. This would be a great book club selection as there's lots to discuss when you finish the story!

Kodak EasyShare Sport C123 12 MP Waterproof Digital Camera (Red)
Kodak EasyShare Sport C123 12 MP Waterproof Digital Camera (Red)
Offered by "Global Commerce Japan"
10 used & new from $67.99

4.0 out of 5 stars A fun little camera, July 6, 2011
Such fun! I recently bought this camera thinking it would add a new dimension to some vacation photos. We haven't left for the beach yet, and it's already a huge hit. We took it to a couple of pool parties and had a great time taking photos of the kids underwater, people splashing around, a big water gun fight, etc. While it'll never match my DSLR or even my nicer point-n-shoot for dry photography, it can go places those other two cameras would never dare. I look forward to handing it over to my 7-year-old so she can capture a day at the beach through her own eyes.

Step2 WaterWheel Activity Play Table
Step2 WaterWheel Activity Play Table
Price: $38.63
26 used & new from $34.28

5.0 out of 5 stars My kids still love it ... five years later!, February 21, 2011
We received this water table as a gift for our older daughter nearly five years ago. She and her little sister still love to splash in it. In fact, we love it so much that I'm here to buy one for my niece. With a three-year age gap, it's the rare toy that we're not ready to pass along!

Netbook Neoprene Sleeve Case for Packard Bell 11.6-Inch Dot M (Spring Butterfly - Red)

1.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful, but not the right size, April 9, 2010
This sleeve is exactly what I'm looking for. Great color and design, very stylish. Too bad it doesn't fit my 11.6-inch netbook. Not sure why the description lists 11.6-inch. Very disappointing.

Epson Perfection V200 Color Scanner
Epson Perfection V200 Color Scanner
6 used & new from $65.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Great hardware; software's only so-so, February 8, 2008
This is a great scanner, especially for the price. I bought it to digitize my family's old photos, so I've primarily used it to scan color film. It does a great job, though it's not especially fast. My one complaint is with the software, which is not incredibly intuitive and which I've already had to remove and reinstall once, after only about a month's use.

The Alphabet from A to Y With Bonus Letter Z!
The Alphabet from A to Y With Bonus Letter Z!
by Steve Martin
Price: $13.93
197 used & new from $0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars Funny, but little ones won't really "get it", December 11, 2007
Better for parents than kids, I think! I get a laugh out of it, not sure if my 3-year-old grasps any of it at all.

Haba Dragonstone Castle
Haba Dragonstone Castle

5.0 out of 5 stars Not just for babies!, December 11, 2007
This review is from: Haba Dragonstone Castle (Toy)
My kids love this toy! I have a baby and a toddler, and this was intended as a gift for the baby, who's nearly 8 months old. Turns out, the 3-year-old loves it too. Lots of imaginative play going on here, fun possibilities for storytelling and more. Plus, squeaky/crinkly/shiny stuff to entertain the baby. Very nice product.

Sounds of Summer: Very Best of The Beach Boys
Sounds of Summer: Very Best of The Beach Boys
Price: $11.49
89 used & new from $1.09

5.0 out of 5 stars A constant in our car CD player, July 18, 2006
This is a great driving disc in fairly constant rotation in our car's CD player. It may not please the Beach Boys purists out there, but it's perfect for casual fans and people (like me) too young to recall the entire albums from which these hits are drawn. Pop it in your CD player and sing along!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5