Profile for GeoKids > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 4

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

GeoKids RSS Feed (United States)

Corolle Calin Charming Sweet Mon Premier Collection
Corolle Calin Charming Sweet Mon Premier Collection

5.0 out of 5 stars just what our 1 yo wanted, November 9, 2010
Our 1 yo dd has not been very interested in dolls or stuffed animals. However, when we opened her 1st bday present from her grandma, she started shouting "baby! baby!" and I couldn't get it out of the package fast enough. She grabbed the doll smiled and hugged it close to her kissing its head and then ran around the room shouting "baby! baby!", all other birthday presents were forgotten. This doll looks like a real baby, and is the perfect size for her to carry around (she is a petite 1 yo and has trouble with larger toys). The soft body makes it really easy for her to grip and walk around with the baby. She loves the hat and the outfit and was intrigued by the eyes, which open and close. It's washable and durable. I wouldn't change a thing about this perfect little doll for my little one.

Melissa & Doug Deluxe Picnic Basket Fill & Spill Soft Baby Toy
Melissa & Doug Deluxe Picnic Basket Fill & Spill Soft Baby Toy
Price: $19.99
51 used & new from $12.45

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent travel toy, November 2, 2010
We purchased this toy for our first flight home to see the grandparents. We were trying to come up with ways to entertain our 10 mo for ~4.5 hours in the air. We were sure glad we brought this in addition to books and snacks. Our dd was too excited to sleep on the flight so we had to constantly find ways to entertain her and this was perfect. It was a new toy to her and she was very excited by the colors sounds and smiley faces. she loved shaking the ice cream and pop which rattle and spent about 30 minutes putting together and pulling apart the sandwich. The watermelon is great, but too stiff for her to actually push in to beep (so it was not as interesting to her). She also liked filling up and emptying the basket over and over. We used this on flights to and from and both times worked like a charm to keep her engaged for ~1 hour. It now sits among her other toys on a shelf and she pulls it down daily to play with it. She also uses the picnic basket to fill with other toys and carry them around. she also likes that the picnic basket is see-through and she can see what is inside. Very well done toy.

Little Hands Love (A Tiny Handsies Touch and Feel Book)
Little Hands Love (A Tiny Handsies Touch and Feel Book)
by Piggy Toes Press
56 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Our DD's favorite book, January 11, 2010
Our 2 month-old daughter is becoming more and more interested in the world around her. In the past couple of weeks we have started reading her block books and this is her absolute favorite. She coo's and babbles at the book and loves to reach out and rub her hand (in-elegantly) over the pages. Each page has a different texture and she is entranced by the bright colors as well. She particularly likes the ridged cardboard because it makes a fun scratching sound, and the soft furry bear at the end of the book. We received this as a baby shower gift from my 3 year-old nephew (it is his favorite book). For older children it will help to build vocabulary, learning both colors and some adjectives. It's never too early to start reading to your baby and this is a fantastic first book that is interactive and fun for both parent and baby.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Carseat - safety first, January 5, 2010
I received this car seat as a gift so wanted to wait until we'd had a chance to test it out before writing a review. Our DD is now 2 months old, and was 7lbs 10oz, 20", at birth. First of all, some of the reviews comment the the base does not seem secure. Please take your car seat to your local Fire Dept and get that fixed!! The base is very secure and can be tightened down really well. We were unsure as to how to do this, but after 15 minutes with a trained fireman it was perfect. We have since taken the base out and put it back in with no trouble.

Pros:
-For the money you can use this car seat for a long time. I didn't want to have to buy an entirely new system at 6 mo. Also, it's safest to have your baby in a rear facing seat until 1 year; this was the number one reason we registered for this seat.
-The seat locks in easily to the base and is very secure. This is important because I am not the strongest person in the world and have back problems. The last thing I want to do is fight with a car seat with my DD in it.
-The car seat isn't too heavy. As mentioned above, this was very important to me because of my back problems. I needed a car seat that I could carry and get in and out of the car without lots of struggling. I don't think I will be taking it in and out once she gets to 20 lbs, let alone 32 lbs, but at 10 lbs I am able to get her in and out without a struggle and without waking her up.
-Easy to clean. The fabric is easy to wipe off and clean. This is important if you have exploding diapers or spit up.
-Holds up well in the rain. I was happy to find that the visor is water proof so I don't have to worry about my DD getting too wet when getting in and out of the car in the rain.
-The harness system is very easy to use and feels very secure. This was something else that the fireman showed us how to use. I love that I can just pull a single strap to tighten. To keep the shoulder straps even, loosen by pulling the clip before unclipping to remove your baby. This ensures that both sides loosen the same amount.
-My DD falls asleep fairly easily in the car seat, which is wonderful. We just took a long road trip (~30 hours in the car total) this past month for the holidays and she did very well in it. We have not had any trouble with her overheating in the car seat; she generally seems comfortable. Of course, we don't over dress her...
-The car seat fits perfectly in the Graco SnugRider Infant Car Seat Stroller Frame, which is perfect for removing a sleeping baby and putting her in a stroller without waking her up.

Cons:
-I sometimes have trouble getting the seat unlatched from the base. This took me a bit of practice. That said, DD has never woken up during the jostling.
-The size. This is a big car seat (because it can be used for so long). We have it in the middle of the backseat in our Suburu Outback. We can still sit one adult comfortably in the back seat with the car seat, but not two. If we put the car seat to one side, we have to move the front seat forward, which is a little uncomfortable for the front seat passenger. However, the safest place for the car seat is in the middle away from the side airbags.

I would definitely get this car seat again and recommend it to all of my friends.