Profile for S. Thorp > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 113

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

S. Thorp "busygirl" RSS Feed (Mystic, CT)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-12
Dazzling Toys Assorted Colors Plastic Stiff Traffic Cones - 24 Pack (D059/2)
Dazzling Toys Assorted Colors Plastic Stiff Traffic Cones - 24 Pack (D059/2)
Offered by TONERSWORLD
Price: $19.49
2 used & new from $19.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Surprisingly versatile toy, November 13, 2014
I bought these so that my 7 to 10 year old grandchildren could set up an obstacle course in the church parking lot across the street. They haven't gotten to do that yet. But the other day our youngest, 3 1/2 years old, wanted to play with them. I set up a course in the driveway and showed him how to ride his toy around them. Then he collected them all, sorted them by color, and lined them up in the garage door so that no one who pulled into the driveway would hit my car...or his riding toy fire truck. He played with them very happily that afternoon. Maybe sometime the older kids will have their chance to use them too. But I think they're great, and obviously versatile.

The Captive (Captive Hearts)
The Captive (Captive Hearts)
Price: $7.54
70 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Another good story from this author, October 26, 2014
I am working my way through this author's books and have enjoyed every one of them so far. This is no exception. Historical fiction is always an easy way to pick up actual history as well as an easy way to entertain oneself. Grace Burrowes does a fine job of it.

The Traitor (Captive Hearts)
The Traitor (Captive Hearts)
Price: $7.54
61 used & new from $0.39

5.0 out of 5 stars Another good story from this author, October 26, 2014

The Laird (Captive Hearts)
The Laird (Captive Hearts)
75 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Another good story from this author, October 26, 2014
I am working my way through all Grace Burrowes' books, and have enjoyed reading every one of them so far. This is another good story. Historical romances...well, romances of any kind...require a "willing suspension of disbelief", so I am willing to read them for their entertainment value, plus the historical background I pick up as I go.

Seagate Expansion STBX2000401 2TB 2.5-Inch USB 3.0 Portable External Hard Drive
Seagate Expansion STBX2000401 2TB 2.5-Inch USB 3.0 Portable External Hard Drive
Price: Click here to see our price
81 used & new from $89.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Lots of storage and works well., October 26, 2014
My husband does (among other things) backups for our local historical society, and the archives have grown so large that he needs enormous storage devices to hold everything. He reviewed a number of external hard drives before selecting this one, and he hasn't complained yet, so it must work fine. A previous external hard drive of nominally large capacity was a problem because the backups froze up in the middle of the drive...so this one replaces that one.

The Last Renegade (Berkley Sensation)
The Last Renegade (Berkley Sensation)
by Jo Goodman
105 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Good reading as always from this author, October 26, 2014
I try never to miss one of Jo Goodman's books. I'm pretty sure I've read every one she ever published, and enjoyed all of them...a lot!

My Beautiful Enemy
My Beautiful Enemy
by Sherry Thomas
63 used & new from $1.13

5.0 out of 5 stars Another wonderful story from this author., September 20, 2014
I love this author and this book is no exception. It's a beautiful story with a setting that still Victorian but a little different from her last several books. It has a brave and beautiful heroine, a brave and beautiful and particularly virtuous hero, and some exotic settings. What more can you ask?

The 1st Victim: A Sam Kovac and Nikki Liska Story, featuring an excerpt of The 9th Girl (A Penguin Special from Dutton)
Offered by Penguin Group (USA) LLC
Price: $1.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Not her best effort., September 20, 2014
This is really just an excerpt, and I thought it just stopped in the middle of the story. I thought it was kind of a waste of time. She's a great writer and I've enjoyed her thrillers so was disappointed in this one.

Devil's Cub
Devil's Cub
Price: $9.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Really worthwhile read; read These Old Shades first, though., September 20, 2014
This review is from: Devil's Cub (Kindle Edition)
I have read very little Georgette Heyer, and as an old English lit major, I decided a while back that I should spend some time with the classics, including classic romances. This was a good story and laugh-out-loud funny throughout. I read These Old Shades first, so have now got both these originals under my belt, so to speak.

Rumor Has It (Quaid Horses Book 1)
Rumor Has It (Quaid Horses Book 1)
Offered by Random House LLC
Price: $5.12

3.0 out of 5 stars Good read., September 20, 2014
Good read but not her best effort.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-12