Profile for grandmotherof5stars > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 4

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

"grandmotherof5stars" RSS Feed (Boston, MA)

Kids Battle the Grown-Ups
Kids Battle the Grown-Ups
Price: $16.19
47 used & new from $3.75

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Game Long Overdue!, December 2, 2003
This review is from: Kids Battle the Grown-Ups (Toy)
What a great game to encourage kids and their elders to learn more about each other. I played this game with my grandchildren and boy did we have fun. I learned all about what music they like and what they are doing in school and they learned about Frank Sinatra, the Beatles and what my pet was as a girl. These are things they don't teach them in school (pop culture from the past, old music, etc.). These are things kids can only learn from connecting with their elders. All families should play this game. A BIG THUMBS UP!

Glow in the Dark Night Sky
Glow in the Dark Night Sky
Offered by SMJohnson51
Price: $29.99
2 used & new from $29.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Glowing Planets abound!, November 7, 2003
This review is from: Glow in the Dark Night Sky (Toy)
I bought this kit in addition to the Glow-in-the-Dark Star Explosions and had a great time turning my grandchildren's room into the solar system.
These planets look great when they are glowing in the dark and are true to their actual size proportion and color. My grandson used an additional set for a school science project, taping the planets onto a black board in their actual order from the sun, so these are good for other ideas besides decorating a room.

Star Explosion Glow In The Dark Set
Star Explosion Glow In The Dark Set
Price: $15.15
29 used & new from $12.42

5.0 out of 5 stars WE TURNED THE BEDROOM INTO A GALAXY, November 7, 2003
I had a lot of fun with my granchildren transforming their bedroom into a glowing galaxy. There was more than enough stars to make a bunch of constellations on their ceiling. These are easy to use and weren't messy at all. The kids love staring at the stars and pointing out the names of constellation before they go to bed at night. I was surprised when they started pointing out the real ones once we were outside one evening.
The experience really turned them on to learning about the constellations. We even ended up buying a real telescope and book about stars. What a fun way to learn for all of us.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 16, 2013 5:56 PM PST

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars TRULY LIVES UP TO ITS NAME!, November 7, 2003
It was so refreshing to purchase a product that truly lives up to its name. I purchased this kit for my 5 grandchildren to play with during those rainy days! Since then, I have gone back and bought 5 more! It is like magic paint. We used it for finger paiting, face painting (safe for both!), we froze it and make chalk, we made our own silly putty out of it following the instructions included. We even made up our own idea and squirted the paint in clear plastic Christmas ormaments. They came out great--like blown glass. The colors do not fade, crack or mix together, so each color sticks to its true shade. Even after rolling up our finger painting art,it still did not crack! This is a must have for any artist, young or old. They should call it the WORLDS'S GREATEST PAINT!