Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Jake Owen Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro
Profile for Jessica > Reviews

Browse

Jessica's Profile

Customer Reviews: 95

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Jessica RSS Feed (Near Austin, TX U.S.)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10
Rock Band 4 USB Microphone
Rock Band 4 USB Microphone
Offered by Mad Catz Inc
Price: $14.99
16 used & new from $14.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth it if you're singing on hard or expert, July 15, 2016
Oh what a difference a mic can make! We've been using our Rock Band 3 mic and it's been frustrating from time to time. I got this one as a birthday gift and wow, what a difference! I sing on expert and learned quickly I couldn't take some sort of vocal short cuts the old mic had let me get away with, but I've managed to gold star more than 25 songs since getting this in May so I think I'm getting the hang of it. It takes very little tapping to register the cowbell & tambourine bits, which is nice since with Rock Band 3 I learned to tap the mic on my wedding band as a work-around.

When we have parties and play Rock Band I don't see a lot of difference between this and the old mic for the folk who sing on Medium or Easy with the exception of tapping. So, it may not be worth it to lay out the cash if you're not looking for a more exacting mic...unless the tapping is driving you nuts, then it's definitely worth it.

Galaxy S7 Edge Case, OBLIQ [Flex Pro][Espresso] Premium PU Leather Slim Fit Form Fitting Heavy Duty Protective Cover for Galaxy S7 Edge(2016)
Price: $11.99
18 used & new from $7.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice, thin case, July 15, 2016
I bought this for my incredibly picky husband. If he has his way his phone wouldn't have a case - but after the last 3 disasters I finally won the "you must have a case" argument. He loves this one, it's thin enough it easily fits in his inner jacket or slacks pockets at work, or in his jeans and shorts at home. It doesn't get in the way of the edge use at all, but does give just enough space along the edges he's not accidentally tapping the edge anymore. It's also saved his phone twice already, which got me the coveted "you were right" statement ;) He can use any headphones with it, and his wired chargers fit without issue.

The only downside is it's thick enough that it interferes with the wireless charger, it will charge eventually, but we didn't buy a fast charger for "eventual" charging. Thankfully, it hasn't lost any of its tightness or protective qualities from being taken off every night and put back on every morning.

U by Kotex CleanWear Ultra Thin Pads with Wings, Regular, Unscented
U by Kotex CleanWear Ultra Thin Pads with Wings, Regular, Unscented
Price: $9.12
6 used & new from $9.12

5.0 out of 5 stars They actually feel like cloth, July 15, 2016
Okay, so, really a review for pads? Aren't they all basically the same? As it turns out, nope, they aren't. Kotex has figured something out with these - they feel like cloth! Which makes a huge difference in comfort. Thankfully, this hasn't changed how absorbent they are or any of the other necessary features of a good pad. Seriously, 5 out of 5, well done, Kotex!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 16, 2016 10:49 AM PDT

OcuBright ESS300 Over 15lbs
OcuBright ESS300 Over 15lbs
Offered by VetMedRx
Price: $45.99
4 used & new from $45.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Vet Recommended, Dog (& owner) Approved, July 15, 2016
Our vet recommended we try this for our 13yr old white Japanese Akita and our 1yr old St. Bernard. We were a little concerned about our St. Bernard because she's rather delicate (reactions to vaccines, etc.), but it turns out we had nothing to worry about! I have no idea how this stuff works, which I'm still uncomfortable with, however, I know it does work and without any side effects of any kind. Both of the dogs look much healthier without the horrible tear staining that comes with allergy season here in Texas. I wish I'd know about this sooner, I've tried pretty much every topical thing on the market for our Akita and none of them got all of the staining - none of them even got close, honestly. OcuBright got all of it within a month and now I just do the upkeep, far, far easier!

Tom Clancy's The Division -  Standard Edition [Online Game Code]
Tom Clancy's The Division - Standard Edition [Online Game Code]
Price: $59.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic game for various play styles, May 14, 2016
My husband goes first, he's geared for it, his SMG shouldered and ready to lay waste to anything that gets too close. As for me, I hang back, my 15x scope closes the distance beautifully. He throws a scan and I calmly count my headshots. If things get dicey I can heal us both in several ways, and if some jerk makes it around a bit of cover and tries to close with me it's easy to grab my LMG. The safe houses are evenly spaced enough I don't worry too much about how much gear I'm carrying or how much ammo I'm packing. Instead, my focus is on making things right, on saving this city - and, occasionally, on killing someone who really has it coming.

In the Dark Zone life is less certain, Rogue agents are less predicable, better armed, and far better trained than the thugs ruining everything around it. With a handful of trusted allies I go in, ready to rush up and bandage wounds, and grateful for the depressing amount of cover the abandoned world leaves me. Extraction is the most dicey. It's tense, but oh so worth it. The gear they've got in the Dark Zone often outstrips the legal stuff in the wider city, and with it we're far better equipped to protect those who are left.
___________________

My husband and I have been playing The Division together since week two after release. We both have significantly beefy gaming rigs, and the graphics and smoothness of gameplay is top of the line. Our play styles are really different, for one I use an XBone controller and he uses a sidecar and mouse - he also prefers a faster pace than I do, and the game accommodates our differences in such a way that not only do we love playing, but we complement each other perfectly.

I also have a single player game going, but it's so much more difficult than playing with another person it almost feels like the game wasn't really designed for single player. I love a good challenge, but I actively dislike "rouge like" games - playing alone gets close to that genre for me, and I rarely venture into the game alone anymore.

I thought the story started out a little thin, but it's gained a shocking amount of depth. The M rating is NOT kidding. The kinds of violence and human evil depicted are, well, brutal. This isn't the kind of game where you'd wanna play if the kids could even overhear it.

Galaxy S7 Edge Case, LUVVITT [ClearView] Hybrid Scratch Resistant Back Cover with Shock Absorbing Bumper for Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge - Clear
Offered by Luvvitt
Price: $12.99
2 used & new from $10.30

5.0 out of 5 stars surprisingly protective, May 14, 2016
I'm impressed, after several weeks of normal and occasional rough use this case absolutely does its job! I've dropped my phone a couple of times and it's still pristine. I love that the cover does't get in the way of using any of the myriad of headphones I randomly grab on my way out, the buttons are protected but it's almost an indiscernible difference between using them with the case on and with it off, and it's still thin enough to slip into my jean's pocket (which, being female, is easily 3x smaller than the average dude's pocket).

Before I got the case I'd occasionally brush the sides of the face accidentally, which was really annoying. This case fixes that without being in the way at all.

The only downsides I've found are the lack of protection for the front of my phone, and occasionally the center of the back adheres to my phone in a way that can make it look like there might be moisture in the case - there hasn't ever been any moisture, and I suspect it's simply from where I tend to hold the phone, but I've gotten a few concerned comments from people who've seen it. Unseating an edge of the case lets air back in and it goes back to looking uniform.

Morgan Freeman - The Inspirational Life Story of Morgan Freeman: The Unique Voice That Gets Everyone Listening (Inspirational Life Stories By Gregory Watson)
Price: $2.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Just read his Wiki, May 14, 2016
This is essentially a series of largely factual lists with absolutely no story or effort at threading together anything resembling a narrative.

Hill's Science Diet Puppy Lamb Meal and Rice Recipe Large Breed Dry Dog Food Bag, 33-Pound
Price: $41.24
4 used & new from $41.24

5.0 out of 5 stars Great food for large dogs, May 2, 2016
We have a St. Bernard and a Japanese Akita. Our St. Bernard just turned 1 on Feb. 12th and our Akita will be 13 on May 5th. Keeping them out of each other's food was a significant project, so we spoke with our vet. She suggested getting this puppy food and simply ensuring our older dude ate less, which he naturally did. They occasionally get treats, and the rare bit of "people food", but this is the vast majority of their diet. Both of our dogs are in amazingly good health, are active, and have soft, shiny coats.

Einstein: A Life of Genius | The True Story of Albert Einstein (Historical Biographies of Famous People)
Price: $2.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Somewhat better than Cliff Notes, March 21, 2016
This would be a good book for someone who is looking to write a high school paper on Einstein. It isn't a well written biography. It lays out Einstein's life along with a minimal amount of conjecture in a manner just short of bullet points. I've read many high school papers, and where this is far better than most of what gets turned in the language, grammar, punctuation, and layout are clearly reminiscent of a classroom.

Apple iPad Pro Case - ProCase Leather Stand Folio Case Cover for 2015 Apple iPad Pro 12.9 inch, with Multiple Viewing angles, auto Sleep/Wake, Document Card Pocket (Brown)
Offered by Tech Vendor
Price: $18.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Classy Case, March 14, 2016
I'm not the kindest person to my iPad - not only does it travel with me everywhere, but my cats like to sit on it, my St. Bernard likes to see what I'm doing and try to help (drool is inevitable), and my teenage sons "borrow" it without my consent pretty regularly. So, after ordering this case I took a wait and see approach before writing a review. The case has not only survived, but has proven easy to clean, durable, and really convenient to have. The only downside is the pen/stylus that comes with it doesn't actually fit in the pen holder - it's too thin and slips out...but I feel that's pretty nitpicky considering I bought the case and the pen/stylus (which works fine in both capacities) was a freebie. Normal pens and styluses fit and stay put.
As an aside, I've gotten several complements on the case and have had two people ask me where to get one...I'm not sure the Apple Store folks were terribly happy with me having it in there, especially when I told people how little it cost ;)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10