Profile for Y. A. Hobson > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 30

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Y. A. Hobson RSS Feed (San Antonio TX)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
iPhone 5C Fashion Designer Colorful PU Leather Wallet Case with Credit Card Slots & Holder (Rose+Yellow+Pink)
Offered by Tmartz
Price: $4.02

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Colorful, December 27, 2014
Fits phone perfectly - bright and easy to spot. Really like this!

Kyjen PP01562 Jumbo Spider Dog Toys, Large, Colors Vary
Kyjen PP01562 Jumbo Spider Dog Toys, Large, Colors Vary
Offered by PHENTER SALES
Price: $5.99
16 used & new from $5.99

3.0 out of 5 stars So much fun -- for 5 minutes, December 27, 2014
My dog loved this spider for the five minutes it took him to destroy it. Within the first two minutes he had two legs ripped off and had started on the body. The spider was bigger than him and it was funny to see him carry it off but once he started pulling stuffing out we were in stitches when he had his whole head in the middle trying to get all the stuffing and squeakers out. My dog is a 2 year old, 50 lb shepherd / terrier mix so not a large dog. I am giving this three stars only because it lasted such a short time but it was a very entertaining time. As with all of the dogs toys, I will put the spider back together. I managed to save the middle squeaker and will sew the legs back on (I use dental floss to make it a little harder for him to tear off the next time). I fill the middle and head with squeaky tennis balls versus stuffing to make it less messy and more fun for my dog.

The Body Shop Hemp Hand Protector Small, 1.0-Fluid Ounce
The Body Shop Hemp Hand Protector Small, 1.0-Fluid Ounce
Price: $10.00
7 used & new from $5.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Works well - no problem with the smell, December 26, 2014
This truly is a hand protector. My sister bought it for me at a point where my hands were cut and bleeding and I had to wear gloves to touch anything because the skin split so easily. I started using the hand protector and within 2 days my cuts were healing and I no longer had actively bleeding cuts on my hands. I had not changed anything in my routine so my hands were still in water just as much yet my cuts were healing. This actually kept my skin together and kept new cuts from forming. It is really amazing. I could actually stop wearing rubber gloves for everything which was very nice. I have continued to use it and it doesn't take much to provide the protective barrier no matter how many times I wash my hands. I love this stuff.

L'Occitane Almond Delicious Hands Cream, 1 oz.
L'Occitane Almond Delicious Hands Cream, 1 oz.
Price: $12.00
4 used & new from $12.00

2.0 out of 5 stars Did not work at all, December 26, 2014
While the scent it nice - and I did not find it over powering - I also did not find that it did anything for my skin. It was a great disappointment - espeically for the price. Will keep searching for something that will work on my hands.

G-U-M (Butler) Butlerweave, 200 Yard Mint Waxed Dental Floss 200 yd (183 m), (Pack of 3)
Offered by Preferred Mart
Price: $12.89
4 used & new from $8.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Not even great for sewing up dog toys, December 26, 2014
I bought this primarily for sewing up dog toys. I find dental floss much stronger than thread or fishing line. However, I do not use GUM floss for my dental needs because it tends to shred. Unfortunately, it shredded just as much when sewing it which was a bit frustrating. If I do not use self-threading needles and keep the floss moist - it seems to work a bit better in sewing up the dog toys. I still will not use it as a dental floss because of the shredding - at least not this variety. There are other products by Butler that are better (and cost more) that work well for dental needs.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 13, 2015 4:49 PM PST

X-Treme Scooters High Performance Electric Scooter (Blue)
X-Treme Scooters High Performance Electric Scooter (Blue)
Offered by GreenPowerSports
Price: $475.00
4 used & new from $472.10

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Scooter - Some Issues, December 3, 2014
We bought this for my nephew who is an adult and autistic and who weighs close to 300 pounds and this was the only scooter rated for this weight limit. He absolutely loves the scooter however we have had some issues with it. Our first issue was with the batteries. The wiring came loose and needed to be resoldered. The company offered to let us pay to ship the item to them and they would fix it and ship it back which would take approximately 3-4 weeks. We took it to our local battery shop and they soldered it for free so that was amazing. We then had issues with the chain and no matter what we did - following the instructions - we could not get the chain back on correctly. The local scooter shop charged us $40 to clean, oil and reset the chain but they told us that the scooter has no brakes left and we need to get that fixed next. That is the current item being procured to fix on the scooter. None of these problems are insurmountable but we have only had the scooter for six months. I am sure that these issues can partially be contributed to the fact that the scooter is used almost every single day until the batteries die and my nephew is at the upper weight limit for the scooter. When anyone else in the family can ride the scooter, they have commented on how fast it is and what a smooth ride is provides. So overall, it has been a great scooter.

Winston's Naturals Chicken Jerky Dog Treats
Winston's Naturals Chicken Jerky Dog Treats

2.0 out of 5 stars Not for my Dog!, December 1, 2014
i really liked the idea of an all natural treat and of course I only buy things made in the USA so this seemed like a great product. My boxer will eat almost anything except vegetables but he did not like these treats. He would eat them, reluctantly, if nothing else was offered. First, the treats are very hard little nuggets. This results in a large amount of "dust" in the bottom of the bag (from treats that have been pulverized) so each treat also is "dusty" with the chicken. My dog actually seemed to choke on the dust so I started rubbing off the dust from the treats which seemed to work (my dog still wasn't a fan, but he was no longer choking). The treats are very small so they are probably best for much smaller dogs than my boxer. He could have eaten the entire pack in one sitting if he liked them. I offered the treats to my step-mothers dog and my sisters dog as well and they had the same reaction as my boxer (and I had removed the dust on one and not on another to see how they reacted). Though I like the idea of a natural treat, I will not buy these again.
I do want to be clear because I know there was one review that stated the treats had mold. There was no mold on these treats - just the dust from treats that had been smashed. Given the amount of dust in the bag, some of it may be part of the production process to protect the treats during shipping but I am not sure. I would hate to think I lost that many treats during their storage process and during shipping - especially if my dog had liked them

Purely Scientific - Probiotics Digestive Enzymes All-In-One Digestive Supplement - 90 Capsules
Offered by Synchros Industries
Price: $59.73

4.0 out of 5 stars What a Difference (a Good One)!!, October 25, 2014
This product has really made a difference in just a matter of days - and I am not taking 3 a day. I bought this product because I have severe colitis and chronic diarrhea and started having issues within a few weeks of having surgery that should have helped alleviate this condition. I was desperate for a solution and knew I could not live on antibiotics and could not return to work if I was spending up to 5 hours a day in the ladies room. Though this product is expensive, I was shocked at the difference it made - almost immediately. I have never taken the recommended three (3) a day - I started with two a day and will be try cutting back to one a day since many reviewers indicated they could get by with less once they had used it for awhile. Though I still have the pain from the colitis, I am now having more formed stools and am no longer spending hour upon hour in the ladies room. I will continue to buy this product as long as I can afford it and would encourange others to give it a try.

Dropcam Pro Wi-Fi Wireless Video Monitoring Security Camera
Dropcam Pro Wi-Fi Wireless Video Monitoring Security Camera
Price: $199.99
41 used & new from $180.90

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy Breezy, February 8, 2014
We bought the drop dam to watch an Austistic child that has seizures. It is excellent. We can see the whole room on the entire family's iPhone or iPad. So if your fixing dinner in one room you can keep an eye in the other. We liked it so much we needed one for an aging mother. Then we made our mistake. To save a few dollars we bought two cameras at Costco of a different brand for the same price as one dropcam. We totally outsmarted ourselves out of our money. The setup was complicated compared to the dropcam, and nothing was as good and clear and easy as the dropcam. Not to mention we ignored the things that took us to dropcam in the first place. The support and care they provide is superb. You don't see all the other companies responding to post customers make and the one problem I did have which turned out to be me they followed up and followed up and followed up till I finally told them all was well. Just buy the dropcam if this is what you need and be done with your shopping.

Multipet Plush Dog Toy, Lambchop
Multipet Plush Dog Toy, Lambchop
Offered by Haute Dauge
Price: $8.43
41 used & new from $4.83

4.0 out of 5 stars Longest lasting toy I have tried - but made in China, October 12, 2013
My 9 year old Lab loves his Mr Bill and we get a tickle out of hearing the OH NOOOOO! We remember Mr Bill (telling our age here) and this was a great reminder. We have an 8-month old shepherd mix that is scared of the Mr Bill (which thrills the Lab as he can torment the puppy). I bought the puppy the Lambchop and he torments us all with the squeaker but he is happy. These toys have lasted longer with my dogs than any other toys I have bought. Things like a loofa toy don't last 10 minutes and even the stuffingless toys are torns to shreds in short order. I have had these two over a month now and only had to do minor repair. Though these toys do have stuffing so you have to watch your dogs, only portions of the toy rip easily for access to the stuffing (like the face). I have taught the puppy that if he tears his toy, "mommy" will just sew it up with dental floss and then he has to find a new place to tear. He learned quickly and no longer destroys every toy when it arrives! (If you do this, do yourself a favor and use the regular unflavored dental floss. I made the mistake of using a mint floss the first time I sewed up Lambchop and the puppy licked the poor lamby until it was one big spitball.) It turned out that both the puppy and the Lab are enamored with Lambchop and I was about to order two more but when I read the tag I discoverd these are made in China. I am usually very careful about food and toys that are made in China but had neglected to check this item. My vet says you need to be careful - particularly of the dye on toys made in China - and Mr Bill is heavily dyed. Though my dogs have had no ill effects from the toys they have to date I may give it more time before reordering.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3