ARRAY(0x9fbc80e4)

Customer Reviews: 6

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Michael Carlton RSS Feed (Bay Area, CA United States)

Apple Mac Mini MC815LL/A Desktop (OLD VERSION)
Apple Mac Mini MC815LL/A Desktop (OLD VERSION)
13 used & new from $469.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, as usual, November 7, 2011
I bought this to replace a 6 year old mac mini (too old to run Lion). The current model is surprisingly fast (not surprising).

I haven't been inconvenienced by the lack of an optical drive. But beware -- if you need to reinstall Lion (I was experimenting with Lion Server and wanted to erase it), then you must download it from the net (almost 4GB). I assumed there would be system DVDs and got out my external DVD drive only to find there are no system disks included with the system.

I would prefer that Apple include system media in the box (either DVD or USB).

Akro-Mils 30796 Economy Stacking Nesting Plastic Storage Bin, 8-7/8-Inch Long by 6-5/8-Inch Wide by 5-Inch High, Black, Case of 10
Price: $22.84

5.0 out of 5 stars Handy, inexpensive storage bins, September 26, 2011
These are very sturdy and very well-priced. Only limitation is that the interior has intrusions from the supports, meaning some of the space can be difficult to use.

I plan to order another set to organize more...

Brother Printer DCP7065DN Monochrome Laser Multi-Function Copier
Brother Printer DCP7065DN Monochrome Laser Multi-Function Copier
Price: $97.99
145 used & new from $97.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding printer and scanner, September 7, 2011
I was a long time HP printer advocate, but they've gone downhill -- their software is truly horrible and the hardware remains expensive.

I've now switched our family and business over to Brother printers and they're fantastic (we own 4 different ones). The 7065 has excellent print quality, duplex printing (a must have feature for me) and very nice scanning (fast too). The only thing I would like to see them improve would be to add support for scanning 2-sided originals. I had to write my own script to combine 2 separate scans, reversing pages and interleaving them to get the sides in the correct order.

OEM toner cartridges are reasonably priced and you can get 3rd party clones very cheaply. Please note that this model does not include FAX capability, I didn't need it, but many people assume it is included.

Updated -- I forgot to mention that the printer has very good Mac support, including the latest release Lion and great network printing support.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 15, 2011 6:01 AM PDT

Blank keyboard stickers non transparent black background
Blank keyboard stickers non transparent black background
Offered by OnlineWelcome
Price: $1.89

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent solution for blank keyboard, September 7, 2011
I've been looking for a good keyboard with blank keys, but didn't want to spend lots of $$$ for a Das Keyboard or get a junky imitation. These keycaps are perfect fit for my existing Dell keyboard and at < $2 you can't lose.

I also got the white ones for my kids' iMacs -- now they'll be forced to learn to touch type!

Deluxe Wooden Chess, Checker and Backgammon Set Brown
Deluxe Wooden Chess, Checker and Backgammon Set Brown
Price: $48.98
16 used & new from $43.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice combo set, June 12, 2010
Quality is quite good -- better than expected. Pieces are well-shaped and nice weight. One of the checkers is of different thickness, but all others are well made.

Read, Write & Type Learning System Jewel Case Version (WinXP/OS10)
Read, Write & Type Learning System Jewel Case Version (WinXP/OS10)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great software for 1st grader, November 9, 2006
My son's school uses this software in their computer lab. We bought a copy for him to use at home as well. He loves it and I can see his typing improve.

Runs just fine on an old mac running classic OS 9 too.